Marka Ragnos vs Kyp Durron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark-Kenshin
There seems to be questions in regards to Ragnos' standing amongst force users as of late, so . . .

1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All Out

MythLord
Marka takes all.

Deronn_solo
Ragnos takes all-out and sabers, I guess. He's not winning Force only, however.

The Ellimist
Kyp dominates him. What are Ragnos's saber feats again? Ohh.... What are his Force feats? Did he ever manipulate a singilarity or ragdoll a freighter?

His entire arsenal is hype, but Kyp's hype explicitly puts him in Luke's league, kek.

JKBart
Kyp takes all.

NewGuy01
Well, I wouldn't hand Kyp the advantage over someone like Exar Kun, and I feel fellows like Naga Sadow or Marka Ragnos should be somewhere in his ballpark. That said, Marka doesn't have feats, so there's not much to argue.

Deronn_solo
What does Naga Sadow's dueling hype consist of again?

NewGuy01
He's supposedly the posterboy Sith Marauder (Sith Warriors that specialize in Ataru/Juyo) whose teachings are the basis for their instruction during the SWTOR era. Other than that, there's little to say aside from Traya's "children playing with toys" quote.

The Ellimist
Kyp's feats are better. He's ragdolled frigates; Ragnos with his sceptor can make some holes in buildings. He's moved singularities with greater ease than Luke could; Ragnos is labeled as more powerful than the nameless sith in his empire. There's no argument to put Ragnos over him.

DarthAnt66
Ragnos.

Fated Xtasy
Ant, PM is incoming

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He's supposedly the posterboy Sith Marauder (Sith Warriors that specialize in Ataru/Juyo) whose teachings are the basis for their instruction during the SWTOR era. Other than that, there's little to say aside from Traya's "children playing with toys" quote.

Nothing I would say that's out Kyp Durron's capabilities, tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ragnos, Kek.

SunRazer
I don't know if Kyp's skills with a blade are enough to be revered millennia later and still form the principle around which entire styles are based. That said, this could just as easily refer to the lack of technical development in the OR Sith fighting technique during Ragnos/Sadow's time. Of course, Kreia would disagree.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by SunRazer
I don't know if Kyp's skills with a blade are enough to be revered millennia later and still form the principle around which entire styles are based.
No, because Kyp dueling would be seen as nothing too special when in juxtaposition, with some of the other Jedi of his era. Ragnos' era, however, didn't have monsters along the lines of Luke Skywalker, and Jacen Solo, to compete with.

So, Marka being revered has more to do with a circumstantial era thing then anything else. Otherwise, I can as easily point to other great duelist who's skill aren't revered like Ragnos' thousands of years down the line. Yet, we're aren't claiming The former Dark Lord to be superior to them.

Regardless tho, Kyp being: revered as one of the most skilled Jedi in the galaxy, mastering Lightsaber combat in less than a month, and being placed on a synonymous--- or near synonymous --- tier with someone who have fought his way through entire armies, and, ambidextrously, mastered over 7 lightsaber styles/forms, isn't accolades to just write off.

Emperordmb
Same with Kyp's comparison to Viun Gaalan who briefly held off Luke.

The Ellimist
It wasn't clear if Luke had fully recovered from mind walking, but yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.