Istanbul Terrorist attack-28 dead, 60 injured

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Just happened

Flyattractor
There go those Radical Christians again.....

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
There go those random terrorists with no religious affiliations again.....

Edited for political correctness.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Surtur
Edited for political correctness.

Surtur is GEORGE SOROS!

jaden101
Will it be ISIS?
Will it be Kurds?
Will it be ISIS but Turkey will blame it on the Kurds anyway?

It's xyz!
#notallterrorists

carthage
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/28/turkey-airport-explosions-ataturak-istanbul

I believe there was another attack in a Turkish marketplace earlier this year. It always breaks big in the west when these sorts of attacks occur outside of Gaza or the usual places. Thoughts?

Time-Immemorial
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t628629.html

thumb up

Surtur
So we now know more info and we know it was a suicide bombing. So okay we pretty much now know what caused this.

But color me confused why the article says the following:

"and Turkish authorities issued a broadcast ban on the attack. "

I don't get why they'd issue a broadcast ban on the attack? Surely I just don't understand the ways of the Turkish people and their media and this isn't being done for the reason I think it is.

carthage
Woops sorry. Mods please lock this or merge with Time's topic

Robtard
Saw it earlier on a news feed, shit's obviously awful. No one has taken credit thus far, but the PKK name was dropped as a possibility.

Surtur
PKK is a terrible name for a terrorist outfit.

Robtard
PKK = Kurdistan Workers' Party

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
PKK = Kurdistan Workers' Party

I see, well they certainly showed they are great at working bombs.

Robtard
One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. No need to look further than the IRA or early Al-Qaeda.

MS Warehouse
One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. No need to look further than the IRA or early Al-Qaeda. that saying makes no sense. Calling yourself a freedom fighter is just a rationalization for being a terrorist. Silly relativism.

Surtur
One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. No need to look further than the IRA or early Al-Qaeda.

IRA has killed little kids with bombs. They aren't "freedom fighters" no matter what they call themselves.

MS Warehouse
He's citing relativism which doesn't really work in reality. Believing you're a freedom fighter doesn't make the issue relative, it just makes you delusional.

Robtard
Not that I really disagree with either of you, but then wouldn't the "oppressors" said freedom fighters/terrorist are fighting against be guilty of the same crimes and therefore label of "terrorist" themselves?

Time-Immemorial
Be careful Rob, you been wrong about pretty much everything lately.

Robtard
That reminds me, Obama is in his final stretch of his presidency, he should be declaring marshal law and day now to suspend the election so he can remain in power indefinitely. Cos Jade Helm or something.

Surtur
Not that I really disagree with either of you, but then wouldn't the "oppressors" said freedom fighters/terrorist are fighting against be guilty of the same crimes and therefore label of "terrorist" themselves?

Just to be clear are you saying that the people who oppose the IRA(to use your example) make it a habit of going around randomly blowing shit up? Murdering government officials they don't agree with? Murdering children?

Since yes I'd agree someone doing that would be a terrorist. Though I don't think people like the British government make child murder a habit. Or that the government murdered the children of IRA members. Or that they just indiscriminately plant bombs around their cities.

Robtard
Just to be clear are you saying that the people who oppose the IRA(to use your example) make it a habit of going around randomly blowing shit up? Murdering government officials they don't agree with? Murdering children?

Since yes I'd agree someone doing that would be a terrorist. Though I don't think people like the British government make child murder a habit. Or that the government murdered the children of IRA members. Or that they just indiscriminately plant bombs around their cities.

Pretty sure the IRA has accused the British government of like abuses. Maybe not recently, but back in the 60-70's when the tension was high.

Surtur
That reminds me, Obama is in his final stretch of his presidency, he should be declaring marshal law and day now to suspend the election so he can remain in power indefinitely. Cos Jade Helm or something.

At this point who knows what the guy will do? You know how they say a wounded animal can be dangerous? He's obviously pissed his plan to grant illegals some temporary legal status failed. Do you know how many millions of votes that probably cost poor Hilary?

Pretty sure the IRA has accused the British government of like abuses. Maybe not recently, but back in the 60-70's when the tension was high.

You think back in the 60's and 70's the British government was murdering the children of IRA members? As well as doing things like setting off dozens upon dozens of bombs in random places?

Robtard
I think it's pretty safe to say Obama's not going to declare marshal law and suspend the election to set himself up as forever president/ruler. That's the belief of lunatics, imo.

I said the IRA has accused. I personally don't know.

But let's get back to topic, we derailed it with going off track when the PKK was mentioned.

Time-Immemorial
Let's beat around the bush some more.

Time-Immemorial
FYI, Rob you might be wrong again. Better play it safe.

Last time it was a gay thing, this time what will it be?

Surtur
Okay but I'd be surprised if you took the accusations seriously unless evidence was provided. Which child murder would be a big deal, even if it happened decades ago.

But yes we should get back on topic. Any actual confirmation on who did this?

Time-Immemorial
It doesn't matter, if you say it was ISIS, they won't agree, they will say it was a gay thing. Only later on to be found wrong.

Surtur
Well the PKK have used suicide bombs in the past. So I don't think anyone could really argue this wasn't terrorism. The only question is which terror group did it?

Interestingly enough after reading about the PKK on wiki I found this:

"The PKK has never been designated as a terrorist organization by the UN, though two out of five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council treat it as such on an individual basis."

So if it is the PKK I assume the UN will fully designate them a terrorist organization?

Impediment
Merged dupe threads.

Digi
I have a friend whose cousin (and good friend) is getting married in Turkey in early August. She was already hedging on attending bc it's on the terrorist watch list and has had considerable unrest. I haven't spoken to her since this, but I'm guessing she isn't going now.

I'm hosting a party that same weekend, and while I realize it would be selfish to say I'm glad she'll be at my party instead, it's mostly bc I don't like the idea of my friends in places that they're fearful of.

I also realize that my anecdote pales in comparison to the larger political issues and tragedy of the event. But we can't all have profound thoughts on every subject. Sometimes just being glad of your friend's safety is all the stance you can offer.

jaden101

You think back in the 60's and 70's the British government was murdering the children of IRA members? As well as doing things like setting off dozens upon dozens of bombs in random places?

The UK government directly killed unarmed civilians on bloody Sunday and colluded with paramilitary groups opposed to the IRA to murder members and their families.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1972)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32887445

So yes.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden101
The UK government directly killed unarmed civilians on bloody Sunday and colluded with paramilitary groups opposed to the IRA to murder members and their families.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1972)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32887445

So yes.

The government isn't murdering children or planting bombs on the scale of the IRA. So no, they are not terrorists and yep the IRA are. Bloody Sunday wasn't terrorism. Or if it was then Kent State was too.

Or if they are a terrorist organization, then literally every country in existence is just a terrorist organization, correct? Is that the claim here? That every major country on Earth right now has a government that could be considered a terrorist organization?

Fascinating since if true..what room would we have to whine about terrorism? It'd be like a radical Islamist whining about suicide bombings, it would make no sense.

Oh and btw, authorities think it was the "Islamic State" that committed this act of terror. Now Jaden pull your jaw up off the floor I know that is shocking.

jaden101
The government isn't murdering children or planting bombs on the scale of the IRA. So no, they are not terrorists and yep the IRA are. Bloody Sunday wasn't terrorism. Or if it was then Kent State was too.

Or if they are a terrorist organization, then literally every country in existence is just a terrorist organization, correct? Is that the claim here? That every major country on Earth right now has a government that could be considered a terrorist organization?

Fascinating since if true..what room would we have to whine about terrorism? It'd be like a radical Islamist whining about suicide bombings, it would make no sense.

Oh and btw, authorities think it was the "Islamic State" that committed this act of terror. Now Jaden pull your jaw up off the floor I know that is shocking.

So the UK government's soldiers shot and killed unarmed boys that were under 18 years old. They funded, colluded with and had paid agents working with and for the UVF (classified as a terrorist organisation) yet that's not terrorism?

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden101
So the UK government's soldiers shot and killed unarmed boys that were under 18 years old. They funded, colluded with and had paid agents working with and for the UVF (classified as a terrorist organisation) yet that's not terrorism?

First off Bloody Sunday, from what I have seen, wasn't planned. They didn't go there intending to murder some people. In a documentary I saw it was claimed that people had begun throwing rocks, bottles, and other things at soldiers prior to the shooting. Though Bloody Sunday was not what the documentary was about so it didn't go into massive detail. I am also not necessarily saying the soldiers were justified either, though I will say that a rock or glass bottle can actually seriously injure someone if thrown with enough force.

So I don't see how that is terrorism. A tragedy yes..terrorism no. Would you label the Kent State shooting where 4 students died as a terrorist act?

As for the funding of the UVF yes I think that is bad, but I just don't think it really compares to the IRA when it comes to the sheer amount of terrorist attacks they committed and the sheer amount of innocent people they murdered.

So I wouldn't see the British government, as a whole, as a terrorist group. I can't make that same claim about the IRA. Also just looking it up on IRA..they are still up to these kinds of things in the present day.

jaden101
They're more gangsters now than anything. Still attacks and murders but it's not publicised for the sake of the "peace process" (a shambles that allows numerous scum from either side to escape justice in the name of peace)

There's no doubt that the UK government was effectively a state sponsor of terrorism towards their own citizens though. The UVF and others carried out almost 1000 murders over the course of the troubles, many of which were done by paid government agents, British army soldiers who were members and royal ulster constabulary who were also members.

Robtard
Last I heard on news radio (yesterday evening), ISIS is being blamed due to the way the attacks were carried out.

Time-Immemorial
Are you sure it's not a gay thing like you thought the last time?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Digi
I have a friend whose cousin (and good friend) is getting married in Turkey in early August. She was already hedging on attending bc it's on the terrorist watch list and has had considerable unrest. I haven't spoken to her since this, but I'm guessing she isn't going now.

I'm hosting a party that same weekend, and while I realize it would be selfish to say I'm glad she'll be at my party instead, it's mostly bc I don't like the idea of my friends in places that they're fearful of.

I also realize that my anecdote pales in comparison to the larger political issues and tragedy of the event. But we can't all have profound thoughts on every subject. Sometimes just being glad of your friend's safety is all the stance you can offer. 4 days ago most people probably thought Turkey was just another white meat. I take their political commentary with a slab of salt

xyz9
Isis again? Wow.

Surtur
No need to worry about ISIS guys, remember when Obama called them the JV team? So no worries.

Time-Immemorial
Rob reiterated that as well, he said they no posed no serious threatlaughing out loud

Raisen
I'm still wondering why I was banned

Surtur
Originally posted by Raisen
I'm still wondering why I was banned

Bardock probably reported you like 1,000 times until the mods just gave in and said "f*ck it".

Raisen
He's done that twice. He needs to be removed

Surtur
Originally posted by Raisen
He's done that twice. He needs to be removed

It's like trying to remove herpes. It always comes back, always.

Surtur
Anyways so what the hell? Have we all gone insane?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/cher-apologizes-for-insensitively-timed-tweet-following-istanbul-bombing/ar-AAhNyaX?li=BBnbfcL

It's like being offended has become an Olympic sport in this country. There was a terrorist attack and people are worrying about the emoji's some has been celebrity uses when giving condolences over it?

Surtur
Okay forget Cher, I just found something else that is just utterly hilarious to me:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-trumps-rhetoric-is-xenophobic-not-populist/ar-AAhN4dU?li=BBnb7Kz

It's about Obama being tired of hearing Trump described as a populist. Let me repeat that: Obama is pissed off that something apparently is being given the wrong label lol.

That is gold..just pure solid gold. Someone needs to remind Obama of the whole "don't throw stones if you live in a glass house".

snowdragon
ISIS is going down now:

Pentagon ends ban on transgender troops in military!

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
ISIS is going down now:

I always thought the military tried to avoid having mentally ill troops?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by snowdragon
ISIS just got a new recruiting tool!

fixedthumb up

vansonbee
I always thought the military tried to avoid having mentally ill troops? The new agenda is weakening our soldiers to pansy status and bring in more refugees.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by psycho gundam
4 days ago most people probably thought Turkey was just another white meat. I take their political commentary with a slab of salt
Funny you mentioned that. A friend of mine just asked me recently if there was a country named after the turkey. She said something horrible happened that she had no idea about. Also, we had sex afterwards.

Surtur
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Funny you mentioned that. A friend of mine just asked me recently if there was a country named after the turkey. She said something horrible happened that she had no idea about. Also, we had sex afterwards.

I see I'm not the only one turned on by dumb chicks. This is our theme song:

Uzthp4_Pf3Y

The clever girl will want to know if you mean to wed
The dumb ones never think of looking that far ahead

Time-Immemorial
https://www.facebook.com/TheRebelPatriot/videos/1740026122933485/

Religion of Peace

Surtur
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
https://www.facebook.com/TheRebelPatriot/videos/1740026122933485/

Religion of Peace

Some of the comments are really great, you can see the "it's a religion of peace" people getting owned:

"A real Muslim woman wouldn't dare act that way...radicals and crazy people using religion..it's so sad that people believe this is the Islamic religion"

That is what some silly lady said. One of the beautiful responses:

"I've worked with people from every continent for over 30 years. Every major religion, too. Very educated electrical engineers. You are ridiculously naive about the core religious beliefs of Islam and how society is changed when they are no longer in the minority. Theirs is a theocratic system that seeks to establish religious law over all peoples, rendering non-Muslims 2nd class citizens. They've done this all around the globe. Wake up."

Or there is this response, which must be a lie:

"So Rebecca, you acknowledge that in Saudi Arabia for committing a homosexual act the punishment can include: floggings, prison time up to life, torture, chemical castrations, whipping torture, and/or death penalty on first offense?"

It must be a lie because Saudi Arabia is our ally and why would we ally with such a people when we have people here whining over friggin transgender bathrooms? Since you'd think if that bothers them the whole treatment of gays by muslims would really tick them off.

Time-Immemorial
Liberals have no idea what they are doing or defending anymore, their love for Islam destroys their LBGT base.

They will ultimately chose Islam over their own country, people and constitution in the name of "religious freedom." Even though they dont believe in religion.

Surtur
That is the surreal part of this entire thing. The liberals get upset at the Islam thing. Yet literally a bunch of other issues they get pissed over like treatment of gays and treatment of women and rape..are things Islam takes to the EXTREME.

In this country if you're gay you might go to a baker and have that baker refuse to serve you. In those other countries they will toss you off a f*cking building.

Time-Immemorial
They don't care. They care about a way to destroy america, being gay will not destroy america, Islam will. Just like its destroyed literally every other nation it's been involved in. The ones it has not destroyed will kill people for personal freedoms, stone women women, toss gays off roofs, kill you for being christian, no rights and people have to hide their sexual orientation for fear of death.

Raisen
I've witnessed Islam, in their countries, for about two years. Long enough to know that it is a poison. It's not comparable to Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism etc because it does not allow for different beliefs. Christian people might think you will go to hell if you don't believe...Islam teaches that you should phucking be killed on the spot

Clear difference

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.