Darth Caedus vs. Anakin Skywalker (sabers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Peak RotS Anakin

Emperordmb
Make it Abeloth bodysnatching the entire NJO and challenging Anakin to a duel in all of those Jedi avatar bodies and it would be a much closer fight. As it is Caedus gets stomped when the dragon coils around Anakin's furnaceheart.

Ziggystardust
Let's have a look at the difference:

Peak Anakin - Murderstomps Dooku
Caedus - Looses every fight he's ever been in, with multiple accolades detailing him as a mediocre duelist

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Make it Abeloth bodysnatching the entire NJO and challenging Anakin to a duel in all of those Jedi avatar bodies and it would be a much closer fight. As it is Caedus gets stomped when the dragon coils around Anakin's furnaceheart.
All he needs to do is decide to win. And he does!

Nephthys
Caedus

NewGuy01
I suspect Anakin would win.

JKBart
Caedus kek

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I suspect Anakin would win.

carthage
Caedus

Syndicate
Caedus.

Deronn_solo
The Anakin who obliterated Dooku? Yeah, he's not losing to Caedus for any kind of majority.

I wouldn't mind hearing an actual case for Caedus side, tho.

DarthAnt66
For those it may concern, I'm continuing my Caedus RT as I speak.

Anyway, my money is on Skywalker.

A case for Caedus can be made based on his (controversial) performances against Katarn and Luke, his (non-controversial) showing against the Slayers, and the fact he has OP precognition and sense abilities like Revan.

NewGuy01
Don't forget he's got a Kas'im level accolade going for him too~

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
The Anakin who obliterated Dooku? Yeah, he's not losing to Caedus for any kind of majority.

I wouldn't mind hearing an actual case for Caedus side, tho.

Dooku lost to Vos, that showing of Anakin beating Dooku gets less impressive every year, yet theres more wank for it as the years go on.

NewGuy01
We don't talk about Dark Disciple here. uhuh

Jmanghan
Then you also shouldn't bring up Anakin beating (NOT stomping) Dooku as if its something thats crazy and unheard of.

MythLord
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Dooku lost to Vos, that showing of Anakin beating Dooku gets less impressive every year, yet theres more wank for it as the years go on.

The text implies it was a One-With-The-Force moment for Vos, actually. Prior to that, Dooku was literally dancing around him and Asajj.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
The text implies it was a One-With-The-Force moment for Vos, actually. Prior to that, Dooku was literally dancing around him and Asajj. Then why not imply the same for Anakin, when he's inconsistent with his whole "beating Dooku" moment.

MythLord
Then why not imply the same for Anakin, when he's inconsistent with his whole "beating Dooku" moment.

Because the RotS novel makes it clear that Anakin is Dooku's superior? Also, this is "peak" Anakin, i.e. the One With the Force Anakin who did indeed stomp Dooku. So he should beat Caedus.

chingchangwalla
Mm probs Anakin

Jmanghan
Because the RotS novel makes it clear that Anakin is Dooku's superior? Also, this is "peak" Anakin, i.e. the One With the Force Anakin who did indeed stomp Dooku. So he should beat Caedus. Stop bringing up irrelevant novels.

The movies are more canon.

Movies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Novels.

We all just need to pretend the novels don't exist.

SunRazer
If we're talking about the Anakin who was literally battering Dooku into straight humiliation, yeah, he wins. It should be a good fight, though - Caedus has greater Force reserves and physical abilities compared to the Count and probably about the same level of skill.

Jmanghan
Uh, no, Caedus was able to combat Luke for a time.

Or was that Jaina disguised as Luke?

I can't recall.

SunRazer
Even ignoring the fact that Luke was fighting stupidly throughout Inferno, I'm not too sure if that's necessarily reflective of Caedus' actual ability as a duelist. It's a high-end showing of sorts, whilst he has some low showings like struggling with Mandalorians and what not. That said, his ability to perform as well as he did against Jaina under considerably negative circumstances is very impressive, it's just that Anakin's already better than Jaina, let alone when as enraged as he is here. He beats Caedus in a good fight.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
We don't talk about Dark Disciple here. uhuh
thumb up

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by SunRazer
Even ignoring the fact that Luke was fighting stupidly throughout Inferno, I'm not too sure if that's necessarily reflective of Caedus' actual ability as a duelist. It's a high-end showing of sorts, whilst he has some low showings like struggling with Mandalorians and what not. That said, his ability to perform as well as he did against Jaina under considerably negative circumstances is very impressive, it's just that Anakin's already better than Jaina, let alone when as enraged as he is here. He beats Caedus in a good fight.
It's not a high end showing at all. Caedus poisoned Luke, choked him, tied him and Ben up, and then used the fact that he killed Mara to throw him off balance. And he was still absolutely shat on. In fact he feels good about this fight because he didn't die, which is retarded within itself given all the advantages he had. Why do people think this is impressive?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
It's not a high end showing at all. Caedus poisoned Luke, choked him, tied him and Ben up, and then used the fact that he killed Mara to throw him off balance. And he was still absolutely shat on. In fact he feels good about this fight because he didn't die, which is retarded within itself given all the advantages he had. Why do people think this is impressive? Because Anakin couldn't have done it. smile

Regardless, its because its Luke ****ing Skywalker, one of, if not, the best duelist in history.

MythLord
Stop bringing up irrelevant novels.

The movies are more canon.

Movies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Novels.

We all just need to pretend the novels don't exist.

That's... not true. Lucas himself has authorised and even aided in the writing of the novels, or at least of the RotS novel. So it's as valid as the movie. You can now stop your cherry picking.

FreshestSlice
Because Anakin couldn't have done it. smile

Regardless, its because its Luke ****ing Skywalker, one of, if not, the best duelist in history.
Are you ****tarded? An Anakin tier duelist would murder anyone, even Luke under these circumstances. The reason is probably because most people didn't actually read Inferno and took some random's word for it when they said Caedus did well.

Emperordmb
That's... not true. Lucas himself has authorised and even aided in the writing of the novels, or at least of the RotS novel. So it's as valid as the movie. You can now stop your cherry picking.
Nah there's a quote saying even in G-canon movies trump everything else.

DarthAnt66
The novels don't contradict the movie. They expand upon it. It counts.

The Ellimist
It's kind of funny, because if I had written "Zonakin" people would have probably sided with him, but I'm specifying the exact same Anakin in the same state, lol.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The novels don't contradict the movie. They expand upon it. It counts. No, because Visuals.

Hell, in the Novel, they don't even see Palpatine kill Tiin, they just sit there and his head falls off or something.

The novel most certainly contradicts a lot of shit in the movie.

Emperordmb
It counts when it expands, not when it completely contradicts. Like Dooku throwing a table at them? Wtf no that never happened. Obi-Wan bending Grievous's arm? Never happened. Tiin dying because of some weird telepathic ****ery? Never happened.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by The Ellimist
It's kind of funny, because if I had written "Zonakin" people would have probably sided with him, but I'm specifying the exact same Anakin in the same state, lol. Amps and states of Oneness do happen, they've happened to everyone at one point or another.

The Ellimist
Right, and?

DarthAnt66
It counts when it expands, not when it completely contradicts. Like Dooku throwing a table at them? Wtf no that never happened. Obi-Wan bending Grievous's arm? Never happened. Tiin dying because of some weird telepathic ****ery? Never happened.
Expanding, not contradicting. thumb up It doesn't need to play out scene-by-scene by the book to still be considered legitimate.

Emperordmb
The ROTS and AOTC novels' nightmare of discontinuity really makes me appreciate how well the TFA novel actually sticks to the movie thumb up

MythLord
Nah there's a quote saying even in G-canon movies trump everything else.

Sure, but the novel is Lucas' own words described by Stover's flowery antics. So it should hold a comparable amount of legitimacy to the movie.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Expanding, not contradicting. thumb up It doesn't need to play out scene-by-scene by the book to still be considered legitimate. Yes it does.

If we don't see it on the screen during that particular event, its contradicting it.

We see the entire battle, all those scenes.

However, I remember the part about Obi-Wan bending Grievous' arm, he did it for like a second before Grievous tossed his ass INTO the ****ing ceiling.

Emperordmb
Not enough to not be overwritten by the movie when there's a contradiction.

MythLord
But still valid as an expansion. Besides, the novel is essentially the story told through a slightly different turn of events. What I take that as is the characters are still capable of achieving such a feat, just didn't perform it in the movie.

Trocity
I remember when people had Caedus as the 2nd best sith after Sidious, sometimes tied with Plagueis, and Krayt was always shat on and underrated.

Ah, how times change. smile

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Trocity
I remember when people had Caedus as the 2nd best sith after Sidious, sometimes tied with Plagueis, and Krayt was always shat on and underrated.

Ah, how times change. smile

Syndicate
As much as Wolf is wrong on so many topics ( including this one ) he's right here Emp. Supplementary material is valid.

Emperordmb
Yeah when it supplements it's valid, when it contradicts its bullshit.

MythLord
Originally posted by Syndicate
As much as Wolf is wrong on so many topics ( including this one )

I don't know if this is a desperate cry for attention, a pathetic attempt to troll or the definition of salty. laughing

Yeah when it supplements it's valid, when it contradicts its bullshit.

No contradictions, only expansions smile

Syndicate
I don't know if this is a desperate cry for attention, a pathetic attempt to troll or the definition of salty. laughing

No contradictions, only expansions smile

Just a statement of fact.

Ziggystardust
The DD vs Wolf feud continues I see rifle raygun

Syndicate
No longer DD. I lost my CV account making the transition to the new comp and I don't remember email or password. That's why I'm actually debating here since CV is no longer an option.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.