Yaddle vs Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
The usual 3.

Sabers
Force
All Out

JKBart
Dooku murders her unarmed in every round, slowly squeezing life out of her with a terrifying smile on his face

Emperordmb
Nem Bees steps in and solos both

Total Warrior
Why has everyone become obsessed with Nem Bees all of a sudden?

Syndicate
Dooku in all.

MythLord
Honestly, Yaddle.

Kurk
I'm guessing:
Force: Yaddle
Sabers: Dooku
All-Out: Dooku 5-6/10

MythLord
I'd back Yaddle in all, tbh.

Kurk
Other opinions with reasons?

JKBart
I can provide opinion without reasons

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Nem Bees steps in and solos both

Kurk
Originally posted by JKBart
I can provide opinion without reasons Sure, whatever, just make it reasonable unlike the first thing you said.

JKBart
Problem is, Dooku really murders her unarmed.

She is incredible as far as Force mastery and versatility goes, even above Dooku, who mastered incredible amount of variable skills too. Still, the scale of her powers, their combat applicability, her skill to use these powers within combat isn't nowhere near Dooku, and she nowhere, never, demonstrated to be close to Dooku level in any manner regarding actual combat, dueling, lightsabers, which is far more important than the Force direct usage unless we're talking about people on the level of Plagueis and above.

Kurk
Originally posted by JKBart
Problem is, Dooku really murders her unarmed.

She is incredible as far as Force mastery and versatility goes, even above Dooku, who mastered incredible amount of variable skills too. Still, the scale of her powers, their combat applicability, her skill to use these powers within combat isn't nowhere near Dooku, and she nowhere, never, demonstrated to be close to Dooku level in any manner regarding actual combat, dueling, lightsabers, which is far more important than the Force direct usage unless we're talking about people on the level of Plagueis and above.
Now that's more like it! big grin.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Why has everyone become obsessed with Nem Bees all of a sudden?

Because its a joke about his appearance.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Neem Bees and his ballsack elephant-lookin-ass would solo most threads in existence.

Kurk
Max Rebo vs Neem Bees in terms of sexiness who wins?

chingchangwalla
Dooku mops the floor with her green wrinkled face

MythLord
Dooku isn't mopping the floor with someone who's Force Affinity rivals Yoda's and has speed beyond Kenobi's and Anakin's near-AotC perceptions.

chingchangwalla
She was a dang Librarian

MythLord
You're thinking of Jocasta Nu, and so what? She still has superior feats and hype in comparison to Dooku.

Beniboybling
What are Yaddle's feats?

chingchangwalla
No. I'm not LOL who do you think I am. LOLOLOLOLOL. I know it's not Jocasta Nu

MythLord
Originally posted by Beniboybling
What are Yaddle's feats?
Moving faster than Kenobi or Anakin slightly prior to AotC can track, containing a chemical explosion that could've killed several thousands(plus some Force sensitives as powerful as Kenobi and Anakin), holding back a giant stream of water so it doesn't break two doors with no evident strain(for reference: Kenobi, Anakin and Shaak collectively had strain in holding back a similar amount of water coming in through just one door), killing a dozen attack droids in what, to Kenobi, seems like little to no time has past, mastering several forbidden Jedi techniques, rivalling Yoda's affinity with the Force

SunRazer
How does that put Yaddle above Dooku in a saber contest?

And in fairness, some sources rather stupidly put Dooku right up with Yoda in the Force.

MythLord
Simple, her speed and endurace is superior and her affinity with the Force is greater. Usually, superior physical and Force power wins the day over superior technical skill, a thought process you yourself adhere to Nova.

SunRazer
So Vitiate beats Dooku in sabers as well?

Stop pretending to know what people think and then producing some incoherent, garbled rubbish. You have to have practice as well as innate power to be skilled with a blade. Being powerful but not having practice with a blade turns you into a Nihilus or Vitiate-esque character. I'm interested in finding out Yaddle's skill feats and accolades.

Also, regarding speed, Dooku does something similar to AotC Obi-Wan in the junior novel by making the latter see his blade "everywhere". Not convinced that Yaddle's faster, and what other physicals does she have that are better?

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer

Wouldn't surprise me, honestly.

Stop pretending to know what people think and then producing some incoherent, garbled rubbish.

Chill out, bro. LOL. I'm just saying, you yourself have noted on several occasions that innate and raw power is indeed a major factor in winning duels.

You have to have practice as well as innate power to be skilled with a blade. Being powerful but not having practice with a blade turns you into a Nihilus or Vitiate-esque character. I'm interested in finding out Yaddle's skill feats and accolades.

So far, Yaddle has very few skill feats or accolades. She killed dozens of fodder Advoszec warriors while a padawan, stomped several predators throughout her years of confinement, beat a warlord and self-trained herself in the art of combat for decades whilst underground.

Now, while this all looks pathetic, I would like to draw your attention to Rey. Rey, with only 13 years of self training, has been noted as perfecting melee fighting techniques and was skilled enough to contend with Kylo Ren. Ren, prior to that, stomped Finn. Finn was among the top 1% of the First Order Stormtroopers and stomped two of them in less than 60 seconds and one of them in 3, and General Hux, through the instruction of Snoke and Kylo, has modeled the melee training of the First Order Stormtrooper's aftet the Jedi and there's been implications they are trained to fight Jedi. So if someone with only 13 years of self-training with no prior knowledge of even the Force can contend with a high-padawan/low-Knight(at least) stomper, then one must think how a being with Yoda's affinity for the Force, that had nearly 9 times more time to practice and was prior to that taught the ways of the Force, would improve after several decades of self-training.

On top of this: the Jedi Council decided to elevate her from padawan straight onto Jedi Council Master, she's trained Oppo Rancisis(someone who can stomp several Anzati, which are described as untouchable by even Jedi) and has taken out a dozen attack droids in what seemed to be "no time at all" for Kenobi.

tl; dr: Yaddle should be damn skilled.

Also, regarding speed, Dooku does something similar to AotC Obi-Wan in the junior novel by making the latter see his blade "everywhere". Not convinced that Yaddle's faster, and what other physicals does she have that are better?

Given that AotC Anakin was keeping up with Dooku just fine, yet couldn't track Yaddle's movements, I call into question the idea that Dooku is as fast as Yaddle. Her endurance was great enough that her physical capabilities didn't seem to deteriorate despite barely seeing the sun and getting small amounts of food and water for several decades(perhaps even a century).

SunRazer
Regarding the physicals - fair enough on the resiliency, but for speed, Obi-Wan was also "keeping up" with Dooku, yet he couldn't completely track the movements of the Count's blade when the latter started going all-out.

Now, the rest of your argument is based on her years of experience and immediate ascension to the Council, neither of which prove that she's well versed in lightsaber combat. She's still foremost a scholar, then a warrior, and while that in of itself hardly inhibits her chances of being a skilled warrior, if we don't have any records or much of a reason to believe that she trained extensively with a blade, then yeah, she's not going to be scaled over Dooku just because she's more powerful.

MythLord
Regarding the physicals - fair enough on the resiliency, but for speed, Obi-Wan was also "keeping up" with Dooku, yet he couldn't completely track the movements of the Count's blade when the latter started going all-out.

Keeping up with a toying Dooku, more like it. Anakin was essentially driving Dooku back during a portion of the fight and generally surprised Dooku. His offense made it so that the only thing the Count can do is just deflect and dodge, and not fight back. That implies Skywalker's speed is comparable to the Count's.

Now, the rest of your argument is based on her years of experience and immediate ascension to the Council, neither of which prove that she's well versed in lightsaber combat. She's still foremost a scholar, then a warrior, and while that in of itself hardly inhibits her chances of being a skilled warrior, if we don't have any records or much of a reason to believe that she trained extensively with a blade, then yeah, she's not going to be scaled over Dooku just because she's more powerful.

Yoda was also foremost a scholar, and was described as literally living like a hermit even for Jedi standards, the guy still is the second best Jedi duelist ever. Also, my argument wasn't years of experience, since experience can be irrelevant a good deal of the time. My argument is: if Rey with only 13 years of self-training can ascend to a rank of a Jedi Knight and be described as perfecting melee fighting techniques, one must think what a being who's innate talent rivals Yoda can achieve with both prior knowledge of what the Force is and how to train with it and considerably more time to train with it. That line of thought leads me to believe her skill should at least rival some mid-tier Council masters like the B-teamers, plus she has much greater power and physical abilities than they do, which further elevates her. She might not beat Dooku in-sabers, but she'll be giving him hell and should certainly beat him all-out.

carthage

Stop pretending to know what people think and then producing some incoherent, garbled rubbish.

?

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.139973808.1307/flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg

SunRazer
Originally posted by MythLord
Keeping up with a toying Dooku, more like it. Anakin was essentially driving Dooku back during a portion of the fight and generally surprised Dooku. His offense made it so that the only thing the Count can do is just deflect and dodge, and not fight back. That implies Skywalker's speed is comparable to the Count's.

Your first point supports Dooku, rather than hinders him.

Your second point makes sense, but then again, Anakin also can't perceive Sidious' movements, but he'd probably be able to at least raise a saber and defend a bit before being overwhelmed. Out-of-combat, the perceptions of Force users tends to be more easily baffled, it seems.

Don't know if Rey's a good example since she's the definition of a Mary Sue. In general, Skywalkers have an exceptional amount of potential that even Yoda, must less Yaddle, can't remotely compare to.

But if you agree that Yaddle isn't winning at least sabers, then we're in agreement. I'm not sure how to judge her for the other rounds.

MythLord
Your first point supports Dooku, rather than hinders him.

I am aware, I'm simply noting that Kenobi only kept up with a toying Dooku, thus him not "percieving him" later when he goes all-out doesn't mean he can keep up with Yaddle.

Your second point makes sense, but then again, Anakin also can't perceive Sidious' movements, but he'd probably be able to at least raise a saber and defend a bit before being overwhelmed. Out-of-combat, the perceptions of Force users tends to be more easily baffled, it seems.

Good thing one of her feats of moving faster than Annies perception during battle, and Anakin could only see the blur of her robes.

Don't know if Rey's a good example since she's the definition of a Mary Sue. In general, Skywalkers have an exceptional amount of potential that even Yoda, must less Yaddle, can't remotely compare to.

Chalking Rey up to "Mary Sue" doesn't cut it from an in-universe perspective, because you can just as easily apply it to any powerful Force sensitive that advanced quickly. And while I do agree that Skywalkers >> Yoda's species in potential, there's more examples than just Rey, she just immediately popped into my mind. You have Nomi who, on a Dark Side Nexus, picked up a lightsaber and without any formal training wielded it as if she had done so for years, and I think you'd agree with me that Yoda/Yaddle > Nomi in potential. Now, you could argue Nomi has rivalling potential to Yoda given all the statements comparing the two, but then again so does Yaddle so it ultimately balances out. Either way, someone like Yaddle should still be logically very skilled.

But if you agree that Yaddle isn't winning at least sabers, then we're in agreement. I'm not sure how to judge her for the other rounds.

Meh, fair enough.

SunRazer
1. Didn't say anything about Obi-Wan being comparable to Yaddle.

2. I don't think anyone rates Nomi even remotely near Dooku in lightsaber prowess, so I don't think that's the best example for you to fall back on. Regardless, I don't think there's a reasonable claim that Yaddle can take sabers. She just doesn't have anything of note in that category - certainly not in comparison to the Count.

MythLord
1. Didn't say anything about Obi-Wan being comparable to Yaddle.

You were arguing that Kenobi still "kept up" with Dooku which he later couldn't see, so that doesn't mean he couldn't keep up with Yaddle.

2. I don't think anyone rates Nomi even remotely near Dooku in lightsaber prowess, so I don't think that's the best example for you to fall back on. Regardless, I don't think there's a reasonable claim that Yaddle can take sabers. She just doesn't have anything of note in that category - certainly not in comparison to the Count.

Nomi doesn't have anywhere near the level of training, experience and hardship that Yaddle did, though. Like I said, she doesn't have anything of note but that shouldn't mean she's bad. Her connection to the Force and decades of perfecting her fighting technique should all elevate her to at least a B-teamer in skill. Also, she did speedblitz a mutated Akk Dog, one of which was going to kill Adi Gallia and three were trouble for Mace and Depa Billaba, so I guess that's something.

SunRazer
1. Keeping up and being comparable isn't the same. I don't imagine Yaddle would speedblitz him, but I don't think he would be able to last particularly long in a contest of sheer speed.

2. She's good, but I don't know if I'd elevate her to the level of B-teamer.

DarthAnt66
Kenobi's shown superior speed and on par swordsmanship with Dooku. Saying otherwise is ridiculous. Wollf never fails to get in a laugh.

MythLord
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Kenobi's shown superior speed and on par swordsmanship with Dooku. Saying otherwise is ridiculous. Wollf never fails to get in a laugh.

We're arguing AotC Obi, genius.

1. Keeping up and being comparable isn't the same. I don't imagine Yaddle would speedblitz him, but I don't think he would be able to last particularly long in a contest of sheer speed.

2. She's good, but I don't know if I'd elevate her to the level of B-teamer.

1. Agreed.
2. I would, she essentially speedblitzes a beast that can kill top tier Jedi like Adi Gallia and give pause to Mace and Depa at the same time. Also, she pierces it's shells(noted to be thick enough to stop lightsaber blows) in one attack, which implies some good strength.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.