Galen Marek vs. Darth Nyriss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

Can Nyriss channel her fury?

MythLord
Marek
Nyriss
Marek

Deronn_solo
Galen sweeps.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Galen sweeps.

carthage
Lol @ Nyriss taking sabers

MythLord
She beat Meetra and Scourge, Galen didn't beat Shaak or Kota. GGWP

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
She beat Meetra and Scourge, Galen didn't beat Shaak or Kota. GGWP Yes he did, wtf.

MythLord
If by yes he did you mean he needed to cheapshot Shaak in a desperate move and could only stalemate Kota until the latter got a vision, then yeah I guess he did. He loses, badly. GGWP

Jmanghan
If by yes he did you mean he needed to cheapshot Shaak in a desperate move and could only stalemate Kota until the latter got a vision, then yeah I guess he did. He loses, badly. GGWP I hardly call beating Ti in a saber duel, followed by ragdolling her before she commits suicide as him "losing".

Marek was already pushing Kota pretty hard.

Besides, he legitimately beat Vader, so your bs is irrelevant.

MythLord
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I hardly call beating Ti in a saber duel, followed by ragdolling her before she commits suicide as him "losing".

You... didn't read the novel, did you?

Marek was already pushing Kota pretty hard.

And Kota was pushing him, as well.

Besides, he legitimately beat Vader, so your bs is irrelevant.

You still don't know when I'm trolling, it's flipping adorable.

DarthAnt66
It's hard to distinguish your normal retardation from trolling.

MythLord
Oh, jeez, that would so hurt if I actually cared about what someone like you thinks.

DarthAnt66
someone like you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJEqcFtNtUk&t=0m10s

MythLord
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJEqcFtNtUk&t=0m10s
https://youtu.be/OJEqcFtNtUk?t=12

Syndicate
She beat Meetra and Scourge, Galen didn't beat Shaak or Kota. GGWP

She beat them on a DS nexus where her own powers were amplified. Regardless even if she had beaten them on neutral ground that feat wouldn't compare to Galen defeating Vader.

Galen fought through Rebel and Imperial forces and an army of force using Felucians before fighting Kota and Shaak respectively and in regards to his fight with Shaak we know the planet was a Lightaide nexus at the time Galen faced her and that it stifled his connection to the Darkside. Regardless though it matters very little given this was before Galen's prime.

Syndicate
If by yes he did you mean he needed to cheapshot Shaak in a desperate move and could only stalemate Kota until the latter got a vision, then yeah I guess he did. He loses, badly. GGWP

If I remember correctly it was Shaak who in desperation put herself in an indefensible position in the hopes that it would be enough to defeat Marek. She knew he could outlast her and even with the environment aiding her throughout the fight that she wasn't making any headway. Simply because she did not have the combative superiority that would allow her to be capable of pulling off a move she herself committed does not mean that Galen cheap shouted her. It means he drove her to desperation via the advantages he held ( youth and greater force reserves ).

As for the idea you're proposing that a character is not a proficient duelist based off the fact that he hasn't appeared in other works, well... I'll kindly have to beg to differ in that regard.

The Ellimist
There's some strong circular reasoning in scaling TFU Shaak Ti down just because.

By feats, Galen destroys Nyriss.

Syndicate
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It's hard to distinguish your normal retardation from trolling.

thumb up

Syndicate
Originally posted by The Ellimist
There's some strong circular reasoning in scaling TFU Shaak Ti down just because.

By feats, Galen destroys her.

I wasn't going to bring this up because I didn't want to ruin most of Wolf's wank but since he feels the need to troll my favorite characters I will.

The campaign guide states that a strong native Felucian is powerful enough to tilt the balance of Felucia which is why the shamans have to ensure all Felucians with the ability are trained so that they can resist temptation of the Darkside. I believe it even mentions Maris Brood shifting the balance to the Dark after Shaak's death.

MythLord
No it doesn't. And if it's the Shaman's mission to tilt it to combat the Dark Side, they failed miserably. Also, you do realize that if any strong Force sensitive can shift the balance of the planet, that only makes Galen look worse? That means either that Galen's own presence in the Force is inferior to Shaak's or that Shaak is fighting on a Dark Side Nexus. Either way, it hypes Ti up even more.

As for the fight itself, Shaak was the one driving back Marek, landing blows on him, TKing him, etc. It's noted they both might've died and Galen was essentially saved by a lucky Force Push that suddenly tilted Ti's lightsaber, and otherwise Marek's musings were that it might've been Shaak's desperation. In the graphic novel, Shaak has TKs Galen, blasts him with kinetite and effectively subdues him via Beast Control without so much as batting an eyelash in what should be a 30 second fight, then Galen cheapshots her via Force Repulse. Either way you spin it: Shaak was the superior in the situation.

Originally posted by Syndicate
thumb up

Odd how of all the people, you specifically are one to judge on something like that, lol. I don't think I need to bring up you admitting all you do on KMC is troll and your inability to concede leading you to finding cheap excuses to get out of the debates where you're reduced to just grasping at straws, do I?

Deronn_solo
Yeah, DD is the last person that should be calling people retarded. He practically a walking meme at this point.

Emperordmb
yeah Marek's duels with Kota, Paratus, and even Shaak don't put him above Nyriss as a duelist by any means. His duel with Vader is a completely different story though.

Syndicate
No it doesn't. And if it's the Shaman's mission to tilt it to combat the Dark Side, they failed miserably. Also, you do realize that if any strong Force sensitive can shift the balance of the planet, that only makes Galen look worse? That means either that Galen's own presence in the Force is inferior to Shaak's or that Shaak is fighting on a Dark Side Nexus. Either way, it hypes Ti up even more.

As for the fight itself, Shaak was the one driving back Marek, landing blows on him, TKing him, etc. It's noted they both might've died and Galen was essentially saved by a lucky Force Push that suddenly tilted Ti's lightsaber, and otherwise Marek's musings were that it might've been Shaak's desperation. In the graphic novel, Shaak has TKs Galen, blasts him with kinetite and effectively subdues him via Beast Control without so much as batting an eyelash in what should be a 30 second fight, then Galen cheapshots her via Force Repulse. Either way you spin it: Shaak was the superior in the situation.

Odd how of all the people, you specifically are one to judge on something like that, lol. I don't think I need to bring up you admitting all you do on KMC is troll and your inability to concede leading you to finding cheap excuses to get out of the debates where you're reduced to just grasping at straws, do I?

It actually does. One moment while I pull it up.

It's the shamans mission to train native Felucians how to use the Force so they don't fall to the Darkside and tilt the balance.

Except your forgetting Shaak was there for years and already had a firm control of the planet. How does it mean she was fighting on a nexus? It simply means the balance is easily shifted making the feat you like to tote around vastly less impressive especially since Maris essentially replicated it.

She only managed to do this by essentially sacrificing herself. She's not capable of pushing Galen to that point without putting her own life at risk as we saw. An instinctual force push brough on by his reflexes and precog. There's no such thing as luck. What the graphic novel actually shows ( and the novel for that matter ) is that Shaak with the aid of an entire planet is unable to hold off Marek for long let alone defeat him. In the novel this drives her to desperation in the comic Galen releases a repulse when he was being held in place by the Saarlac and Shaak was still to weak to defend against it. Either way you spin it: Galen was the superior in the situation.

If you don't understand hyperbole when I said "All I do is troll on KMC" then I actually wouldn't be surprised considering you just completely made up the latter half of that last segment.

MythLord
It actually does. One moment while I pull it up.

No it doesn't. It says that after Maris falls to the Dark Side, she turns the other Shamans to the Dark Side, not that she's responsible for the Dark Side infesting Felucia itself:

To further counter your point, it's revealed that Shaak's death is the cause of the Dark Side:

Evidently, you either made this up or there's another TFU Campaign guide I'm not aware of.

It's the shamans mission to train native Felucians how to use the Force so they don't fall to the Darkside and tilt the balance.

No, it isn't. Shaak Ti trained the shamans to train the natives, but evidently the Shamans too well to the Dark Side when Maris took over because Maris trained them that way.

Except your forgetting Shaak was there for years and already had a firm control of the planet. How does it mean she was fighting on a nexus? It simply means the balance is easily shifted making the feat you like to tote around vastly less impressive especially since Maris essentially replicated it.

Two problems: 1. Maris didn't replicate it, you've made that up. 2. If it can be swayed by any Force sensitive, a more powerful one should logically sway it in their favour. Either way, this argument holds no water.

She only managed to do this by essentially sacrificing herself. She's not capable of pushing Galen to that point without putting her own life at risk as we saw. An instinctual force push brough on by his reflexes and precog. There's no such thing as luck.

She didn't only manage to drive Galen back, then land three searing blows he couldn't defend against by sacrificing herself. And trust me, there's always been luck. I recall even Galen believing he was lucky to defeat Shaak Ti, so yeah it was indeed just a lucky Force Push. Also, to further add to this, the Force Unleashed Campaign Guide that you "tote around" actually confirms Shaak was distract partially during her struggle with Galen:

So Shaak is distracted and still driving Galen back and winning until a lucky Force Push appears.

What the graphic novel actually shows ( and the novel for that matter ) is that Shaak with the aid of an entire planet is unable to hold off Marek for long let alone defeat him. In the novel this drives her to desperation in the comic Galen releases a repulse when he was being held in place by the Saarlac and Shaak was still to weak to defend against it. Either way you spin it: Galen was the superior in the situation.

Nice way to take something out of context -- Shaak was throwing Galen around with TK and Kinetite. How she couldn't overwhelm him is beyond me when the panels clearly show her doing it. PROXY's own hype for his master is irrelevant to me(given the fact that he's the one that says "despite Shaak having a planet on her side, she can't hold Galen down"wink, because we see simple as day on the page what's happening. Ti leaves the Sarlaac to devour Galen and what happens? Galen cheapshots her while her back is turned:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-138Z8DGT1PU/VIxBnkhs1kI/AAAAAAAGcPs/ivKnNgq5sXQ/s1600/p1_44%2Bcopy.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-F6syZrirfaY/VIxBo6GLmyI/AAAAAAAGcP0/zmZQakcyoGo/s1600/p1_45%2Bcopy.jpg

If you don't understand hyperbole when I said "All I do is troll on KMC" then I actually wouldn't be surprised considering you just completely made up the latter half of that last segment.

How was I suppose to know you were hyperbolic, exactly? Besides, all your opinions and arguments do seem to be like that of a troll, and you've been trying to spite me for days now. And no, not made up at all given the fact that you did, in fact, try to get out of several debates(not just with me but other users, as well) where you've been pushed on your backfoot through some weak excuse.

Petrus
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Galen sweeps.

Syndicate
No it doesn't. It says that after Maris falls to the Dark Side, she turns the other Shamans to the Dark Side, not that she's responsible for the Dark Side infesting Felucia itself:

To further counter your point, it's revealed that Shaak's death is the cause of the Dark Side:

Evidently, you either made this up or there's another TFU Campaign guide I'm not aware of.

No, it isn't. Shaak Ti trained the shamans to train the natives, but evidently the Shamans too well to the Dark Side when Maris took over because Maris trained them that way.

Two problems: 1. Maris didn't replicate it, you've made that up. 2. If it can be swayed by any Force sensitive, a more powerful one should logically sway it in their favour. Either way, this argument holds no water.

She didn't only manage to drive Galen back, then land three searing blows he couldn't defend against by sacrificing herself. And trust me, there's always been luck. I recall even Galen believing he was lucky to defeat Shaak Ti, so yeah it was indeed just a lucky Force Push. Also, to further add to this, the Force Unleashed Campaign Guide that you "tote around" actually confirms Shaak was distract partially during her struggle with Galen:

So Shaak is distracted and still driving Galen back and winning until a lucky Force Push appears.

Nice way to take something out of context -- Shaak was throwing Galen around with TK and Kinetite. How she couldn't overwhelm him is beyond me when the panels clearly show her doing it. PROXY's own hype for his master is irrelevant to me(given the fact that he's the one that says "despite Shaak having a planet on her side, she can't hold Galen down"wink, because we see simple as day on the page what's happening. Ti leaves the Sarlaac to devour Galen and what happens? Galen cheapshots her while her back is turned:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-138Z8DGT1PU/VIxBnkhs1kI/AAAAAAAGcPs/ivKnNgq5sXQ/s1600/p1_44%2Bcopy.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-F6syZrirfaY/VIxBo6GLmyI/AAAAAAAGcP0/zmZQakcyoGo/s1600/p1_45%2Bcopy.jpg

How was I suppose to know you were hyperbolic, exactly? Besides, all your opinions and arguments do seem to be like that of a troll, and you've been trying to spite me for days now. And no, not made up at all given the fact that you did, in fact, try to get out of several debates(not just with me but other users, as well) where you've been pushed on your backfoot through some weak excuse.

Directly after it states how shaman are always wary of allowing an agent of the Dark Side to inhabit Felucia fearing that the planet will be twisted to the Dark Side which is exactly what happens. Seems pretty clear to me.

Counter my point? You just helped me by not having to make search through the guide to post it. smile

Nowhere does it state that Shaak Ti's death caused the inbalance. It states that her death affected the Felucians deeply because she had control over the planet's environment and its inhabitants and that since her death the world had fallen to the Dark Side. If Shaak had been present then yes, the world would likely have remained an alas nexus. But it was her death and then the subsequent fall of Maris Brood to the Dark Side that caused the planet to shift to the Dark.

Actually it is. Read the Felucia, Felucians, Felucian Shamans under force sensitives and Felucian Shamans under Maris Brood and thats stated to be the case.

Two problems there. 1. The guide constantly makes reference to how a strong force user can shift the balance of the planet which is why shamans have to train all force sensitives and when Maris falls to the Dark Side and begins training shamans the planet shifts to the Dark Side so logically speaking it's likely Brood replicated Shaak's feat. 2. While Galen is of course a superior force user to Shaa the planet was already under her control and as you showed above with your quote, she was deeply connected to the the planet's environment and inhabitants.

And she wouldn't have been able to accomplish that had she not put her own life in danger, which she did. Luck doesn't exist. Only probability and chance. As you so often bring up it doesn't matter what a character believes, only what's logical.

Can I ask how any of those things are going to distract her during the actual fight? Sure she's going to be dealing with all that before Galen shows up but during the fight she's not going to be thinking about the Felucians training, Maris Brood and especially not remaining hidden when she's already been found. Use common sense if you have any left.

We have Shaak essentially killing herself to have a chance at defeating her opponent which she ultimately fails at not due to luck but because probability and chance dictated that Galen had a higher likelihood of surviving due his reflexes and precognition.

Throwing Galen around? Lol. He was at the edge of the cliff when she force pushed him. Ahsoka pushed Vader about as far, are we going to say she threw him now? She landed a hit with kinetitite that did absolutely nothing except serve to piss Marek off.

Again, you and I ( along with likely a majority of this forum ) have far different definitions of "overwhelming."

First legitimate point you've made. So what's it gonna be. Did she land 3 strikes on Galen before dying or did she land a few force attacks on him before being cheap shotted? Both versions contradict each other so you're going to have to choose one or the other to argue. As you know I always go with the book before anything else but I'm curious as to what path your going to choose.

Again Wolf, common sense. Lol, you must have a high opinion of yourself if you think I've been trying to spite you these last few days. I haven't for the record, I'm sorry if you feel that way but I don't know where you could have gotten that idea. You said that I myself admitted such when I never have. That's just your own assumption. The only debate I've ever walked out of on KMC is one with Ell because our responses had reached around 2 pages which was more then I was willing to do.

Petrus
You just hate using the quoting option, don't you?

Syndicate
thumb up

Regardless I'm off for a while. Going to try to figure out how I can save my CV account.

Ziggystardust
Kbroskywalker has made CV a 'no-mans-land' as far as I'm concerned.

MythLord
Directly after it states how shaman are always wary of allowing an agent of the Dark Side to inhabit Felucia fearing that the planet will be twisted to the Dark Side which is exactly what happens. Seems pretty clear to me.

Um, not it doesn't. That's the last fact of the "Felucia" section under Galactic Lore. There's nothing "directly after" it. And just to get this out of the way:

Actually it is. Read the Felucia, Felucians, Felucian Shamans under force sensitives and Felucian Shamans under Maris Brood and thats stated to be the case.

Under the Felucian Shamans it notes that they kept others from falling to the Dark Side, but this was under the tutilage of Shaak Ti, and even then it notes some Shamans did fall to the Dark Side. What Maris did is just further corrupt the Shamans that are already, while alert to the possibility of falling to the Dark Side, not infallible and can fall to it. So again: stop spreading a hoax. It never says Maris corrupted a planet, or that a strong enough Force user can off-balance the world. It just says Maris can turn a bunch of Shamans that are already suseptible to the darkness to the Dark Side, and nothing more.

Nowhere does it state that Shaak Ti's death caused the inbalance. It states that her death affected the Felucians deeply because she had control over the planet's environment and its inhabitants and that since her death the world had fallen to the Dark Side. If Shaak had been present then yes, the world would likely have remained an alas nexus. But it was her death and then the subsequent fall of Maris Brood to the Dark Side that caused the planet to shift to the Dark.

The novel says that her death affected the planet deeply, and there's no longer someone to keep the Dark Side at bay. The comic also notes this:

And further proof from the novel:

And here's even more proof, this time directly stating that if Shaak dies the Dark Side will take hold:

What all the sources point to is Felucia being a Dark Side Nexus that Shaak Ti tamed, and when she died the Dark Side took hold again, Maris sped up the process by training the Shamans to the Dark Side. So let's run this down, you still:
1. Have no proof any Force user can shift the planet's balance.
2. Have only been arguing using an out-of-context quote for Maris.
3. Are too thick-headed to accept this and are still arguing that turning the already vulnerable Shamans to the Dark Side is switching the planet's alliance.

Two problems there. 1. The guide constantly makes reference to how a strong force user can shift the balance of the planet which is why shamans have to train all force sensitives and when Maris falls to the Dark Side and begins training shamans the planet shifts to the Dark Side so logically speaking it's likely Brood replicated Shaak's feat. 2. While Galen is of course a superior force user to Shaa the planet was already under her control and as you showed above with your quote, she was deeply connected to the the planet's environment and inhabitants.

1. No it doesn't, lol. It makes strong references to the Felucians, particularly the Shamans, being Force sensitive, how Shaak's own presence and training of the Shamans kept the Dark at bay and prevented most of the Shamans from falling to the Dark Side and how Maris made the Shamans fall to the Dark Side. Nothing of the planet's alliance shifting by powerful Force users is mentioned.

2. Shaak was there longer, but why would that matter? If Shaak is indeed considerably, even if noticeably, below Galen, should Galen's Force signature not overwrite her own? Should the superior Force user not change the planet's flow? Keep in mind, I don't agree with this, I'm simply saying what your "logic" dictates.

And she wouldn't have been able to accomplish that had she not put her own life in danger, which she did. Luck doesn't exist. Only probability and chance. As you so often bring up it doesn't matter what a character believes, only what's logical.

Um, again that was a lucky Force Push on Galen's part that took advantage of a momentary opening on Shaak Ti's and nothing else. Even Marek notes he got lucky in the novel:

And here's a quote saying that Galen was the desperate one in the fight:

So, again, luck, a game of chance, PIS, whatever you wish to call it: Galen didn't win by merit of power or skill.

Can I ask how any of those things are going to distract her during the actual fight? Sure she's going to be dealing with all that before Galen shows up but during the fight she's not going to be thinking about the Felucians training, Maris Brood and especially not remaining hidden when she's already been found. Use common sense if you have any left.

I can ask you to use common sense about how Maris converting a bunch of Shamans can change the entire flow of the planet just by her mere presence, because that doesn't make sense. The difference between our two statements is that mine actually has a direct quote supporting it, yours does not. And it would make sense for Shaak to worry about Maris' fall, what would happen if she dies, how the Shamans and Brood would survive/not succumb to the Dark Side, etc.

We have Shaak essentially killing herself to have a chance at defeating her opponent which she ultimately fails at not due to luck but because probability and chance dictated that Galen had a higher likelihood of surviving due his reflexes and precognition.

Novel notes Galen was desparate and lucky, yet you can't accept it...

Throwing Galen around? Lol. He was at the edge of the cliff when she force pushed him. Ahsoka pushed Vader about as far, are we going to say she threw him now?

Ahsoka didn't push Vader off his feet, or nearly as far, and what cliff, lol?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rTnesolJSDg/VIxBkfCjPzI/AAAAAAAGcPU/CBY5KMUchUw/s1600/p1_41%2Bcopy.jpg

There was a cliff next to them, but as the second and third panel show, Marek and Shaak were on relatively even footing.

She landed a hit with kinetitite that did absolutely nothing except serve to piss Marek off.

If by piss him off you mean make Marek scream in pain and barely get up later and have his clothes completely tattered and his head bleed, then yes. Sure it made him angry, but it also clearly injured him.

First legitimate point you've made. So what's it gonna be. Did she land 3 strikes on Galen before dying or did she land a few force attacks on him before being cheap shotted? Both versions contradict each other so you're going to have to choose one or the other to argue. As you know I always go with the book before anything else but I'm curious as to what path your going to choose.

Honestly, I'd go for the novel, but either way you spin it: Galen was in a desparate situation and won via either luck or via cheapshot and prior to that it was Ti who was winning.

Again Wolf, common sense. Lol, you must have a high opinion of yourself if you think I've been trying to spite you these last few days. I haven't for the record, I'm sorry if you feel that way but I don't know where you could have gotten that idea. You said that I myself admitted such when I never have. That's just your own assumption. The only debate I've ever walked out of on KMC is one with Ell because our responses had reached around 2 pages which was more then I was willing to do.

Oh, so the cheap potshots you've been taking at me on CV and KMC are not to spite me? If you say so...

I said you admitted you trolled, not that you admitted you use weak excuses to get out of debating. But you do that a lot, if I'm being honest.

Syndicate
Um, not it doesn't. That's the last fact of the "Felucia" section under Galactic Lore. There's nothing "directly after" it. And just to get this out of the way:

Under the Felucian Shamans it notes that they kept others from falling to the Dark Side, but this was under the tutilage of Shaak Ti, and even then it notes some Shamans did fall to the Dark Side. What Maris did is just further corrupt the Shamans that are already, while alert to the possibility of falling to the Dark Side, not infallible and can fall to it. So again: stop spreading a hoax. It never says Maris corrupted a planet, or that a strong enough Force user can off-balance the world. It just says Maris can turn a bunch of Shamans that are already suseptible to the darkness to the Dark Side, and nothing more.

The novel says that her death affected the planet deeply, and there's no longer someone to keep the Dark Side at bay. The comic also notes this:

And further proof from the novel:

And here's even more proof, this time directly stating that if Shaak dies the Dark Side will take hold:

What all the sources point to is Felucia being a Dark Side Nexus that Shaak Ti tamed, and when she died the Dark Side took hold again, Maris sped up the process by training the Shamans to the Dark Side. So let's run this down, you still:
3. Are too thick-headed to accept this and are still arguing that turning the already vulnerable Shamans to the Dark Side is switching the planet's alliance.

1. No it doesn't, lol. It makes strong references to the Felucians, particularly the Shamans, being Force sensitive, how Shaak's own presence and training of the Shamans kept the Dark at bay and prevented most of the Shamans from falling to the Dark Side and how Maris made the Shamans fall to the Dark Side. Nothing of the planet's alliance shifting by powerful Force users is mentioned.

2. Shaak was there longer, but why would that matter? If Shaak is indeed considerably, even if noticeably, below Galen, should Galen's Force signature not overwrite her own? Should the superior Force user not change the planet's flow? Keep in mind, I don't agree with this, I'm simply saying what your "logic" dictates.

Um, again that was a lucky Force Push on Galen's part that took advantage of a momentary opening on Shaak Ti's and nothing else. Even Marek notes he got lucky in the novel:

And here's a quote saying that Galen was the desperate one in the fight:

So, again, luck, a game of chance, PIS, whatever you wish to call it: Galen didn't win by merit of power or skill.

I can ask you to use common sense about how Maris converting a bunch of Shamans can change the entire flow of the planet just by her mere presence, because that doesn't make sense. The difference between our two statements is that mine actually has a direct quote supporting it, yours does not. And it would make sense for Shaak to worry about Maris' fall, what would happen if she dies, how the Shamans and Brood would survive/not succumb to the Dark Side, etc.

Novel notes Galen was desparate and lucky, yet you can't accept it...

Ahsoka didn't push Vader off his feet, or nearly as far, and what cliff, lol?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rTnesolJSDg/VIxBkfCjPzI/AAAAAAAGcPU/CBY5KMUchUw/s1600/p1_41%2Bcopy.jpg

There was a cliff next to them, but as the second and third panel show, Marek and Shaak were on relatively even footing.

If by piss him off you mean make Marek scream in pain and barely get up later and have his clothes completely tattered and his head bleed, then yes. Sure it made him angry, but it also clearly injured him.

Honestly, I'd go for the novel, but either way you spin it: Galen was in a desparate situation and won via either luck or via cheapshot and prior to that it was Ti who was winning.

Oh, so the cheap potshots you've been taking at me on CV and KMC are not to spite me? If you say so...

I said you admitted you trolled, not that you admitted you use weak excuses to get out of debating. But you do that a lot, if I'm being honest.

Here, I'll quote them for you.

"Native to the Force-rich world of Felucia, the Felucian shamans are among the most talented natural Force-users in the galaxy. The world of Felucia is tied intimately to the Living Force, and as such the world's flora and fauna, including the Felucians themselves, can be influenced by the presence of strong agents of the Force, both light and dark. The members of the shaman caste of Felucia, aware of this potential danger, always ensure that any of their brethren who fall to the dark side are immediately executed in the Ancient Abyss-the resting place of one of the largest Sarlaccs in the galaxy. The shamans fear, and rightly so, that allowing a powerful agent of the dark side to live on their world will corrupt not only their fellow Felucians but the planet itself. The Felucian shamans study the ways of the Force and use it to protect their people from the dangers native to the fungal world. These shamans learn to manipulate the Force blast power that is second nature to all their people, using it to much greater effect. Additionally, most Felucian shamans study the healing arts and are exceptionally good at treating the various injuries and maladies that are common on such a wild, untamed world. Felucian shamans draw upon the power of the world around them for strength, and they train their fellow shamans to stay away from the dark side lest it corrupt the entire planet. Those few Felucians who show both interest and exceptional aptitude in the Force are usually trained in the ways of shamanism whether they want to be or not. The shamans of Felucia cannot risk a potentially powerful force user growing up among them without receiving the training needed to avoid the lure of the dark side. These shamans are extremely careful about who they share their secrets with, and only a small handful of Force-users from other worlds have ever been trained by the Felucian shamans." - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide.

"The natives of the planet Felucia are constantly faced with the ever-shifting balance of the Force on their home planet. Unlike many other primitive cultures, the Felucians are not organized into many tribes, but instead are all members of one tribe that spans the entire planet. As such, the same social hierarchy exists in every Felucian village. The Empire, and the Gossams who settled on Felucia, both failed to recognize this fact, instead treating each village or pocket of civilization as its own tribe or territory. As such, conflicts between the Felucians and the invaders usually escalated as a result of the outsiders' attempts to isolate Felucian settlements from one another. Among the Felucians, shamans are spiritual leaders and instructors in the ways of the Force. Each Felucian shaman learns to manipulate his or her own natural abilities with the Force and can wield Force powers with greater skill than any other Felucian. These shamans are closely in tune with the flow of the Force throughout Felucia and are constantly on watch for other Felucians who are flirting with the dark side. Despite their vigilance, the Felucians sometimes lose a shaman to the dark side, which causes the community to hunt down the dark shaman and feed him to the Sarlacc." - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide.

"The last Padawan of Jedi Master Shaak Ti, Maris Brood fled to Felucia after serving the Republic during the later years of the Clone Wars and escaping the execution of Order 66. During her time on Felucia-while her Master focused on training the native shamans in the ways of the Force-Brood wandered off on her own, testing her skills against the planet's hostile wildlife and exploring the Force along her own course. After Vader's minion defeats Shaak Ti, Brood is left on her own with the Force-sensitive natives and the harsh Felucian wilderness. Fueled by her anger at Shaak Ti for abandoning her, horror at the carnage of her Master's death, and isolation on the dangerous planet of Felucia, Brood descends toward the dark side. She continues training the shamans in the Jedi arts but, colored by her rage, corrupts many of them into turning to the dark side. Brood establishes herself as the leader of the dark Felucian shamans and trains many rancors to do her bidding. Her most dangerous ally is the bull rancor, which she uses to fend off any intruders into her domain." - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide.

None of the passages even mention Shaak Ti. Shaak Ti states that the Sarlacc pit has been a place of sacrifice since time immemorial because the Felucians have always been weeding out darksiders from the native population wary of one of them turning to the Dark Side and corrupting the planet. The Felucians that do turn to the Dark Side as I mentioned above are executed as is mentioned in the quotes.

MythLord
That... doesn't change anything. I've given you quotes from the primary source itself that state it was Shaak's death that re-introduced the Dark Side to the planet. With that, the Shamans fell to the Dark Side, since they're in-tune with the Force's flow of the planet, and Maris just sped up the process.

And the whole "influenced by strong Force agents" aids my Ti case because Marek failed to influence or break it's hold. So my case remains unchanged, you just confirmed Ti's superiority over Felucia Galen, and on top of that I found out she was partially distracted during his fight with him and he was desparate and got lucky. So thanks for helping me hype Shaak even more smile

Syndicate
NO!!! F*CK!!! THE SECOND PART OF MY POST!!!

Syndicate
F*CK!!! F*CK!!! F*CK!!!

Syndicate
DAMN IT PIECE OF SH!T!!!

MythLord
Well done Syndicate, you helped my case a lot thumb up

Syndicate
10,000 F*CKING WORDS GONE!!!

MythLord
If you love something, set it free thumb up

Syndicate
Well done Syndicate, you helped my case a lot thumb up

With what? What are you talking about? I'm going to rewrite the response and then respond to whatever little tidbit of sh!t you left lying below it for me.

MythLord
No need, just note that you have failed and that you helped me. This is my last post on this thread (maybe), so enjoy responding to thin-air after aiding me significantly in Shaak wanking thumb up

Syndicate
That's great.

Syndicate
Here, I'll quote them for you.

"Native to the Force-rich world of Felucia, the Felucian shamans are among the most talented natural Force-users in the galaxy. The world of Felucia is tied intimately to the Living Force, and as such the world's flora and fauna, including the Felucians themselves, can be influenced by the presence of strong agents of the Force, both light and dark. The members of the shaman caste of Felucia, aware of this potential danger, always ensure that any of their brethren who fall to the dark side are immediately executed in the Ancient Abyss-the resting place of one of the largest Sarlaccs in the galaxy. The shamans fear, and rightly so, that allowing a powerful agent of the dark side to live on their world will corrupt not only their fellow Felucians but the planet itself. The Felucian shamans study the ways of the Force and use it to protect their people from the dangers native to the fungal world. These shamans learn to manipulate the Force blast power that is second nature to all their people, using it to much greater effect. Additionally, most Felucian shamans study the healing arts and are exceptionally good at treating the various injuries and maladies that are common on such a wild, untamed world. Felucian shamans draw upon the power of the world around them for strength, and they train their fellow shamans to stay away from the dark side lest it corrupt the entire planet. Those few Felucians who show both interest and exceptional aptitude in the Force are usually trained in the ways of shamanism whether they want to be or not. The shamans of Felucia cannot risk a potentially powerful force user growing up among them without receiving the training needed to avoid the lure of the dark side. These shamans are extremely careful about who they share their secrets with, and only a small handful of Force-users from other worlds have ever been trained by the Felucian shamans." - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide.

"The natives of the planet Felucia are constantly faced with the ever-shifting balance of the Force on their home planet. Unlike many other primitive cultures, the Felucians are not organized into many tribes, but instead are all members of one tribe that spans the entire planet. As such, the same social hierarchy exists in every Felucian village. The Empire, and the Gossams who settled on Felucia, both failed to recognize this fact, instead treating each village or pocket of civilization as its own tribe or territory. As such, conflicts between the Felucians and the invaders usually escalated as a result of the outsiders' attempts to isolate Felucian settlements from one another. Among the Felucians, shamans are spiritual leaders and instructors in the ways of the Force. Each Felucian shaman learns to manipulate his or her own natural abilities with the Force and can wield Force powers with greater skill than any other Felucian. These shamans are closely in tune with the flow of the Force throughout Felucia and are constantly on watch for other Felucians who are flirting with the dark side. Despite their vigilance, the Felucians sometimes lose a shaman to the dark side, which causes the community to hunt down the dark shaman and feed him to the Sarlacc." - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide.

"The last Padawan of Jedi Master Shaak Ti, Maris Brood fled to Felucia after serving the Republic during the later years of the Clone Wars and escaping the execution of Order 66. During her time on Felucia-while her Master focused on training the native shamans in the ways of the Force-Brood wandered off on her own, testing her skills against the planet's hostile wildlife and exploring the Force along her own course. After Vader's minion defeats Shaak Ti, Brood is left on her own with the Force-sensitive natives and the harsh Felucian wilderness. Fueled by her anger at Shaak Ti for abandoning her, horror at the carnage of her Master's death, and isolation on the dangerous planet of Felucia, Brood descends toward the dark side. She continues training the shamans in the Jedi arts but, colored by her rage, corrupts many of them into turning to the dark side. Brood establishes herself as the leader of the dark Felucian shamans and trains many rancors to do her bidding. Her most dangerous ally is the bull rancor, which she uses to fend off any intruders into her domain." - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide.

None of the passages even mention Shaak Ti. Shaak Ti states that the Sarlacc pit has been a place of sacrifice since time immemorial because the Felucians have always been weeding out darksiders from the native population wary of one of them turning to the Dark Side and corrupting the planet. The Felucians that do turn to the Dark Side as I mentioned above are executed as is mentioned in the quotes.

MythLord
Eesh, he's gone insane. He's quoting himself now.

Syndicate
"Under the Felucian Shamans it notes that they kept others from falling to the Dark Side, but this was under the tutilage of Shaak Ti,"

Wrong. As Shaak makes note of in the novel and game the Sarlacc has been a place of sacrifice since time immemorial becuase the Felucians aware of the affect srong force users have on themselves and the planet itself sacrificed darksiders there as is stated in the quotes I provide above.

"and even then it notes some Shamans did fall to the Dark Side."

Who were dealt with by the shamans via sacrifice to the sarlacc.

"What Maris did is just further corrupt the Shamans that are already, while alert to the possibility of falling to the Dark Side, not infallible and can fall to it."

Yes.

"So again: stop spreading a hoax. It never says Maris corrupted a planet, or that a strong enough Force user can off-balance the world."

Actually it does as you can see above.

"It just says Maris can turn a bunch of Shamans that are already suseptible to the darkness to the Dark Side, and nothing more."

Yes, it says she corrupted the shamans and that a strong darksider can corrupt the planet itself which after Shaak Ti's death is exactly what occurred. While the world was under her control it was mired in the light. Once she passed on the world would have gone back to being balanced between the Light and Dark. Maris's influence however darkened the planet.

Syndicate
Eesh, he's gone insane. He's quoting himself now.

We started a new page and I thought it the full response should be made available to anybody reading this.

No need to be salty just because I'm reposting a response on a thread you've given up on via your own admission.

MythLord
See, I'd love to chat, but my response to everything you said was on the other page, dear. Now kindly run along and bother someone else thumb up

Syndicate
"The novel says that her death affected the planet deeply, and there's no longer someone to keep the Dark Side at bay."

Quote? I believe you're referring to when it said her death affected the Felucians greatly. Regardless I'd imagine it would as it would take planet mired in the light and set it back to being balanced between the Light and Dark again.

"The comic also notes this: The Dark Side was strong on Felucia, and Shaak Ti was a beacon in that Darkness."

The comic directly contradicts both the novel and campaign guide which states Felucia is a world balanced between Light and Dark. I'll take the novel over the comic any day and two sources over one doubly so.

"And further proof from the novel: Felucia is a world finely balanced between the light and dark sides of the Force. Shaak Ti was the only thing keeping it from being consumed by darkness."

You seem to have trouble grasping the concept of context. The quote you provided takes place from the perspective of Galen after arriving on the planet. The only major action he knows occurred there is his murder of Shaak Ti so from his perspective that's going to be the main reason why he believes the world has turned dark as he has knowledge of Maris or the way strong force users can affect Felucia.

"And here's even more proof, this time directly stating that if Shaak dies the Dark Side will take hold: She was responsible for the planet's imbalance. With her gone, maybe the dark side could reassert itself and the natural rhythms of life resume."

Context Wolf. Given that within a few pages of that quote it states that the Dark Side is stifled on Felucia the Dark Side being allowed to reassert itself is what would allow the world to go back to being balanced between the Light and the Dark unlike the Light mired world Shaak unbalanced.

MythLord
See, I'd love to chat, but my response to everything you said was on the other page, dear. Now kindly run along and bother someone else thumb up

Syndicate

I'll finish off my response. If you choose to continue this or not that's your choice but I want people to understand why you're wrong.

Syndicate
"What all the sources point to is Felucia being a Dark Side Nexus that Shaak Ti tamed, and when she died the Dark Side took hold again,"

Only the comic states this and it's outright contradicted by both the novel and campaign guide. Only Galen's musings support your theory of Shaak's death causing the Dark Side to flourish on Felucia.

"Maris sped up the process by training the Shamans to the Dark Side."

Without Shaak's presence the planet was unaligned and Brood's presence is the likely cause of the planet darkening given what we know of how Felucia is affected by powerful individuals.

So let's run this down, you still:

I never said any Force user could. I said a powerful Force user can corrupt the natives and subsequently the planet as we can see from the quotes I provided above.

I don't see how it's out of context given the quotes directly support her presence being the cause of Felucia's darkening.

I'm trying to make you see reason and understand that we have quotes showing us powerful force users are able to effect the alignment of the planet as it has a delicate balance between both the Light and the Dark and that Maris corrupting the Felucians is evidence of her successfully accomplishing this.

"1. No it doesn't, lol. It makes strong references to the Felucians, particularly the Shamans, being Force sensitive, how Shaak's own presence and training of the Shamans kept the Dark at bay and prevented most of the Shamans from falling to the Dark Side and how Maris made the Shamans fall to the Dark Side. Nothing of the planet's alliance shifting by powerful Force users is mentioned."

Except it does.

"The shamans fear, and rightly so, that allowing a powerful agent of the dark side to live on their world will corrupt not only their fellow Felucians but the planet itself."

"2. Shaak was there longer, but why would that matter? If Shaak is indeed considerably, even if noticeably, below Galen, should Galen's Force signature not overwrite her own? Should the superior Force user not change the planet's flow? Keep in mind, I don't agree with this, I'm simply saying what your "logic" dictates."

I never said that that's what would occur. Obviously a force user who has established a bond and deep connection with the environment and natives of the planet is going to retain control of them, especially considering Galen was there to kill Shaak Ti not rest control of the planet from her.

"Um, again that was a lucky Force Push on Galen's part that took advantage of a momentary opening on Shaak Ti's and nothing else. Even Marek notes he got lucky in the novel: He backed away, shocked by how close he had come to death and how lucky he had been to defeat her."

There's no such thing as luck. It was his reflexes and precog that allowed him to deflect Shaak's strike in time. Luck isn't an actual thing IRL.

"And here's a quote saying that Galen was the desperate one in the fight: The third would have skewered his right eye had he not held her back at the last minute with a desperate telekinetic block that stopped her lightsaber barely a millimeter from his skin."

Of course he would be desperate to keep himself from being half blinded. Just like Shaak was desperate enough to attempt a suicide move in an effort to defeat Galen.

"So, again, luck, a game of chance, PIS, whatever you wish to call it: Galen didn't win by merit of power or skill."

PIS? How is PIS that Galen had the the precog/reflexes to react to Shaak's strike? Given those two capabilities are directly tied to strength in the Force and what we've seen of Galen before this point it's only reasonable that he should be capable of doing so.

"I can ask you to use common sense about how Maris converting a bunch of Shamans can change the entire flow of the planet just by her mere presence, because that doesn't make sense. The difference between our two statements is that mine actually has a direct quote supporting it, yours does not. And it would make sense for Shaak to worry about Maris' fall, what would happen if she dies, how the Shamans and Brood would survive/not succumb to the Dark Side, etc."

Except my quote directly states that what I'm saying is possible. Yours is reasonable except for the last part. It doesn't make sense that Shaak would worry about being discovered after she's already been discovered which leads me to believe that these worries which plagues her were issues she was dealing with before Galen actually faced her in combat. As a Jedi master she should be able to clear her mind of these worries though to be fair I can concede that her worry for Maris and the natives could have been a factor in her fight against Galen.

DarthAnt66
There's no such thing as luck.
?

Syndicate
It doesn't exist Ant. Just probability and chance.

Syndicate
"Novel notes Galen was desparate and lucky, yet you can't accept it..."

And you can't seem to accept the fact that Shaak attempted a suicidal move against Galen because she knew he would outlast and ultimately defeat her the way things were going due to his various advantages he held ( youth and superior force reserves ) despite all the things hindering him in that fight. Luck is not a factor in anything. Only probability and chance.

"Ahsoka didn't push Vader off his feet, or nearly as far, and what cliff, lol? There was a cliff next to them, but as the second and third panel show, Marek and Shaak were on relatively even footing."

The cliff shown in the scan you provided. The layout of the graphical area is a small island that Galen was on, a moat of teeth in between the island and the surrounding ground that Shaak was on, and a possible bridge between the two. Galen was pushed when attempting to cross the bridge or if the bridge wasn't there then when he attempted to jump the gash which ultimately led to him falling into the moat of teeth. Wouldn't you agree that this is the layout of the area from what we're provided with in the scan?

"If by piss him off you mean make Marek scream in pain and barely get up later and have his clothes completely tattered and his head bleed, then yes. Sure it made him angry, but it also clearly injured him."

Check again. The head injury you're describing is shown in the scans you yourself provided after Galen landed in the moat of teeth. All the kinetite did was tatter his clothes and cause him to cry out in pain. While I'm sure it hurt Galen showed no sign of real injury from the attack and his clothes have become burnt and tattered when he's used his own force lightning as we see when he powers the hyper drive of that freighter on Raxus Prime.

"Honestly, I'd go for the novel, but either way you spin it: Galen was in a desparate situation and won via either luck or via cheapshot and prior to that it was Ti who was winning."

So where the comic contradicts the novel we're going to agree to use the novel from now on is what you're saying? Just want to be sure so future issues regarding this don't arise.

"Oh, so the cheap potshots you've been taking at me on CV and KMC are not to spite me? If you say so...

I didn't even know I was taking cheap shots at you.

Iyo.

Syndicate
Alright Wolf. Feel free to respond, or not. I don't much care either way.

Syndicate
That... doesn't change anything. I've given you quotes from the primary source itself that state it was Shaak's death that re-introduced the Dark Side to the planet. With that, the Shamans fell to the Dark Side, since they're in-tune with the Force's flow of the planet, and Maris just sped up the process.

And the whole "influenced by strong Force agents" aids my Ti case because Marek failed to influence or break it's hold. So my case remains unchanged, you just confirmed Ti's superiority over Felucia Galen, and on top of that I found out she was partially distracted during his fight with him and he was desparate and got lucky. So thanks for helping me hype Shaak even more smile

You actually didn't. You showed a musing by Galen when he didn't have full knowledge of the effect powerful Force users have on the planet's alignment or of the existence of Maris Brood.

Given the only acceptable theories for why Felucia fell to the Dark Side are Brood's corruption of the native Felucians and fall to the Darkside and Shaak's death I'm inclined to go with the third person omniscient source rather then Galen's musings when we know that he has gaps in his knowledge in regards to how Felucia is affected by powerful Force users.

Galen wasn't attempting to and Shaak herself had already established a deep bond with the native population and fauna. Luck isn't an actual factor. There's only logical outcomes and PIS.

Lol. If you think your piss poor arguments will help you wank Shaak go right ahead.

MythLord
LOL, so much shit to go through, so unorganised and cancerous. Tell you what, Syndicate, if I manage to read your pathetic scramblings that you call "opinions" I might actually respond out of boredom thumb up

The Ellimist
Wow, people actually tried to argue for Nyriss. laughing

Syndicate
LOL, so much shit to go through, so unorganised and cancerous. Tell you what, Syndicate, if I manage to read your pathetic scramblings that you call "opinions" I might actually respond out of boredom thumb up

That's because you forced my hand by taking advantage of me only posting the quotes when you knew a large chunk of the post I typed up was deleted.

Regardless I don't call these opinions, I call them facts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.