Apocalypse vs. Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Setting: The place where the DC Trinity fought Doomsday.

Standard gear and morals.

Starting distance: 30 feet

carthage
She can't break his shields, and she has no response to getting ragdolled or transmutated into the ground

tkitna
WW dies

quanchi112
WW gets wrecked.

Surtur
Originally posted by quanchi112
WW gets wrecked.

You're confused. This is a topic about Apocalypse vs Wonder Woman. You just replied as if someone had asked "What happens at the end of Superman and WW's first date?".

FrothByte
Originally posted by carthage
She can't break his shields, and she has no response to getting ragdolled or transmutated into the ground

What makes you think she can't break his shields?

NotAllThatEvil
I feel like this is similar to the wolverine vs winter soldier thread. WW is a better fighter but has no way to put apocslypse down.

BruceSkywalker
Apoc stomps and stomps hard...

FrothByte
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I feel like this is similar to the wolverine vs winter soldier thread. WW is a better fighter but has no way to put apocslypse down.

Well if she can break through his shields, I don't doubt she can cut off his head. I don't think he can heal from that. Question then is whether she can break through the shields and survive his molecular onslaught.

To be fair, he never demolecularized any living thing that I recall. So he'll probably be relegated to making quick sand for her which she should be able to get out of.

carthage
He turned angels wings into metal, so yeah he can affect living tissue. Diana also isn't more powerful than the combined attacks of Magneto, Storm, and Cyclops- it took Phoenix to overwhelm his shields Diana isn't on the level of molecular disintegration

FrothByte
Originally posted by carthage
He turned angels wings into metal, so yeah he can affect living tissue. Diana also isn't more powerful than the combined attacks of Magneto, Storm, and Cyclops- it took Phoenix to overwhelm his shields Diana isn't on the level of molecular disintegration

And yet he never once was able to disintegrate a living being while in combat. So unless you suggest that he's giving Wonder Woman metal wings, we don't have any feats to suggest he can attack WW directly with molecule manipulation. It will have to be done on her surroundings.

I also consider Superman's raw attack power greater than Storm and Cyclops. And considering that WW's sword was able to cut through DD whereas Superman's attacks left no dent, I'm willing to put WW strength + sword as more... penetrating.. than Superman's attacks.

Magneto's attacks can be powerful, but in the end he's just throwing metal on Apoc. Earth-based metal. And as long as Apoc's shields are stronger than earth-based metals then it doesn't matter how strong Magneto is, he isn't penetrating that shield.

kevdude
Apocalypse kills her without much care.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Stigma
Setting: The place where the DC Trinity fought Doomsday.

Standard gear and morals.

Starting distance: 30 feet

She can move 30ft in fractions of seconds. He never lead with a shield and you didn't state he has them up already, she could take his head off and end it quickly.

carthage
Originally posted by FrothByte
And yet he never once was able to disintegrate a living being while in combat. So unless you suggest that he's giving Wonder Woman metal wings, we don't have any feats to suggest he can attack WW directly with molecule manipulation. It will have to be done on her surroundings.

I also consider Superman's raw attack power greater than Storm and Cyclops. And considering that WW's sword was able to cut through DD whereas Superman's attacks left no dent, I'm willing to put WW strength + sword as more... penetrating.. than Superman's attacks.

Magneto's attacks can be powerful, but in the end he's just throwing metal on Apoc. Earth-based metal. And as long as Apoc's shields are stronger than earth-based metals then it doesn't matter how strong Magneto is, he isn't penetrating that shield.

Except we know he can affect wings per his showing on Angel, And can also feats things out of Thin air as he did to Magnetos helmet. You haven't shown anything I suggest Diana can resist being morphed into the ground like Quicksilver, and she has no feats even suggesting she's encountered those sorts of powers.

Superman wasnt disintegrating metal with his blows, nor was he Powerful enough to level multiple cities or considered a planetary threat. Magneto decimated Sydney and San Francisco/wouldve slowed down the landmasses of Earth and Apocalypse leveled Cairo and turned it into a massive pyramid. These feats are above anything Kal El has Shown, so no unless Superman can do more than punch either mutant has better destructive power.

Also you're wrong the only thing shown to Destroy Apocalypses shields was a telekinetic that utterly disintegrated him from Phoenix. Wonder Woman belong against Doomsday is nice, but there is no evidence she can penetrate a force field with her blade. She'd probably just bounce off it or be unable to harm him T all, her power set is nowhere new as devastating as Phoenix's was

carthage
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
She can move 30ft in fractions of seconds. He never lead with a shield and you didn't state he has them up already, she could take his head off and end it quickly.

Which really isn't as impressive as Quicksilver vacating 50 people from a building in second before an explosion, he could easily perceive her speed and morph her leg into the ground

Time-Immemorial
But she is strong enough to break right out.

TheVaultDweller
Someone actually did the calcs for QS's mansion clearing feat, and it came out to something absolutely ridiculous, like Mach 112,500 odd. They tracked down the building that was used, got the dimensions, figured out the distance traveled, and also used things like the honey bee flapping its wings (which is usually like 230 beats per second). So, based on their calcs, QS's top shown speed so far is just over 10% the speed of light. Anyway, that is kind of off topic, but just wanted to point out the speed difference in opponents here.

Time-Immemorial
I did the calculations before and it was around 3,000,000-12,000,000 mph.

TheVaultDweller
I'm just relaying someone else's info. But that guy actually went to the extent of working out the area the building covered, what QS's reactions were in relation to the bee compared to a regular human, and a bunch of other stuff. WAY too much time on his hands IMO. Either way, his speed is well beyond anything WW can muster. But then I don't think anyone ever questioned that, so guess this post is pretty much pointless. laughing

Nibedicus
Looked at the YT vid. Guy did a ton of assumptions on his calcs and a got a few things wrong. The manor was DEF NOT 349 m2, for example. I live in a house that's close to 300m2 footprint and it certainly isn't close to as big as the englefield house. More like 1500m2 footprint (likely over 2x that counting all the floors) from just looking at it as I'm too lazy to research right now. Simply doubling supersuperspeed was lazily done, etc.

Funny thing was I remember coming up with around 1/10th c in one of my calculations but decided to abandon it as it required quite a bit of extrapolation on my part, too.

Well, that and the fact that 1/10th c was too much of a hard sell to use in debates.

Nibedicus
Eh, with a little research on the actual house and looking at the Englefield house more thoroughly, might be closer to a 800-1k m2 footprint than a 1500m2 one. Looked bigger in the video for some reason.

TheVaultDweller
Well, regardless of where most people come out specifically, the common consensus appears to be deep into the Mach thousands. Which is almost cartoony fast.

tkitna
I just watched the fight scene again against Magneto and the X-men and then Phoenix. WW can not possibly win this fight. She's just not powerful enough.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by tkitna
I just watched the fight scene again against Magneto and the X-men and then Phoenix. WW can not possibly win this fight. She's just not powerful enough.

it's prolly best to put Diana against people she can actually beat or even better wait until her solo film comes out and hope she has great feats

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Someone actually did the calcs for QS's mansion clearing feat, and it came out to something absolutely ridiculous, like Mach 112,500 odd. They tracked down the building that was used, got the dimensions, figured out the distance traveled, and also used things like the honey bee flapping its wings (which is usually like 230 beats per second). So, based on their calcs, QS's top shown speed so far is just over 10% the speed of light. Anyway, that is kind of off topic, but just wanted to point out the speed difference in opponents here.

Wow...

That makes Quicksilver ultrapowerful right off the bat...

Just over 10% the speed of light; amazing!!!

Excellent post!

thumb up

TheVaultDweller
Well, while that is a number I have seen pop up more than once by now, where QS is involved, pegging him at one specific speed and saying, "This is definitively how fast he is", can be problematic. Every set of calcs I've seen required a bit of speculation/assumptions with regards to certain parameters.

As mentioned previously though, pretty much every answer has been well into the Mach thousands. Now to put that into perspective, it means that, even at the lower end estimates, he is literally still hundreds of times faster than the CW version of The Flash, and so far above MCU QS that comparing them is pretty pointless at this stage.

FrothByte
This is the problem I have with Apoc catching QS with his sandtrap. For Apoc to even begin to comprehend what QS was moving, let alone keep up with him with his eyes, Apoc would need eyes, a brain and a nervous system that all runs at superspeed.

But if I'm not mistaken, superspeed was never one of his powers, and so I find it stupid that he was able to keep track of QS's movements in the first place.

TheVaultDweller
That's the problem with speedster characters though. We even see it with the Flash plenty enough. They get to a point where you need some dumb bit of plot for the hero to encounter any kind of legitimate threat. Otherwise, they just blitz the problem away in like 2 seconds.

I mean, as established, QS's speed is literally (at lower end estimates even), a couple million miles per hour. Yet right after he performs the mansion clearing feat... he gets nailed by Weapon X's sonic cannon... no expression That wave should have been approaching him at a snail's pace, from his perspective. So him getting tagged there is PIS at its absolute finest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.