Old Master Maul/Ben Kenobi vs. Darth Malgus/Emperors Wrath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Sabers only

Round 2: Force duel

Round 3: All out

JKBart
Either in team 2 solos

chingchangwalla
Malgus isn't Soloing

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Team 2, for sure tbh.

Kurk
Originally posted by JKBart
Either in team 2 solos

FreshestSlice
Not sure tbh. If we're rolling with OutlanderWrath, Team 2 dominates. If it's SoR Wrath, it's a pretty even split, though leaning more towards Team 1.

Kurk
Team 1 are two senile old men who belong in a nursing home. Pretty clear who wins.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Cancer.

chingchangwalla
Is there too much difference between Old Maul and TCW Maul? TCW Maul wrecked everyone apart from Sidious and Old Ben wasn't that bad was he?
I'm not saying they'd win by any means but it's not a STOMP.

FreshestSlice
The Maul in Rebels is supposed to be more powerful.

Kurk
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Cancer.
Be original already

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

Oo really? I can't wait to see him in season 3 then. I bet he won't get much screen time though until the season finale then Rebels will end. :/

Kurk
In force? Sure. In Sabers? I doubt he could defeat his younger self. Just look at how he failed to stomp Tano and the Inquisitors.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Kurk
In force? Sure. In Sabers? I doubt he could defeat his younger self. Just look at how he failed to stomp Tano and the Inquisitors.

He RAPED the Inquisitors and he hadn't fought in a long time most likely

FreshestSlice
Which is why he's listed as the third greatest saber duelist of all time. Because your opinion matters.

Kurk
Which is why he's listed as the third greatest saber duelist of all time. Because your opinion matters.
Who says your opinion matters?

Kurk
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
He RAPED the Inquisitors and he hadn't fought in a long time most likely
He didn't "rape" them as quickly as someone of his tier should have. Top 3 duelists my ass. Same with him being unable to own Tano. And then there is what happened with Blind Kanan which is beyond pathetic.

FreshestSlice
Who says your opinion matters?
This is Disney's opinion, so what I think really doesn't matter.

chingchangwalla
He didn't "rape" them as quickly as someone of his tier should have. Top 3 duelists my ass. Same with him being unable to own Tano. And then there is what happened with Blind Kanan which is beyond pathetic.

He was toying them. And the Kanan thing will be for a plot convenience type thing, to show he can still fight and shit for season 3, they just had to make Maul look like a mug.

Kurk
This is Disney's opinion, so what I think really doesn't matter.
Where does it say Maul is the "third greatest duelist of all time"? I have a book that says he would be defeated by Kit Fisto.

Kurk
He was toying them. And the Kanan thing will be for a plot convenience type thing, to show he can still fight and shit for season 3, they just had to make Maul a mug to make that happen.
Who says he was toying? Is this an excuse we can use for any character now?

chingchangwalla
Where does it say Maul is the "third greatest duelist of all time"? I have a book that says he would be defeated by Kit Fisto.

I doubt he would lose to Fisto tbh regardless of what the book says, although there isn't much shame in that. Fisto is probably the fastest duelist in the order apart from Yoda. He forces General Grievous backwards into defense for gods sake!

FreshestSlice
Everything You Need to Know, which is Canon.

Do you have a Canon book that talks about Rebels Maul? If not, feel free to stop replying.

chingchangwalla
Who says he was toying? Is this an excuse we can use for any character now?

With those inquisitors. If he can just all of a sudden force choke the seventh sister towards the end, he could've done it earlier. He was also doing a lot of kicking and shit instead of trying to kill em.

Kurk
I doubt he would lose to Fisto tbh regardless of what the book says, although there isn't much shame in that. Fisto is probably the fastest duelist in the order apart from Yoda. He forces General Grievous backwards into defense for gods sake! Oh Absolutely thumb up

Kurk

Do you have a Canon book that talks about Rebels Maul? If not, feel free to stop replying.
No I don't have a Rebels source book, but neither do you saying that Maul is the 3rd greatest duelist of all time.

DarthAnt66
No, Fisto isn't the second fastest. Kenobi, Skywalker, and Windu are all faster.

Also, Freshest, stop bringing up that disgrace of a list.

Syndicate
Originally posted by JKBart
Either in team 2 solos

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Bitches who put Revan in their top ten duelist of all time don't get to criticize anyone's lists. Ever.

DarthAnt66
Yawn. He's better than Vader. thumb up

Also, it was top 15, not top 10.

Syndicate
confused

chingchangwalla
No, Fisto isn't the second fastest. Kenobi, Skywalker, and Windu are all faster.

He was quicker than Kenobi, they sparred and were matching each other with speed, Fisto was holding back (Kenobi admitted him being superior). Fisto was Described as a martial arts hurricane, I would've thought he was quicker than Skywalker and Windu. They seem a lot more strength oriented, overwhelming with strength whereas Fisto does it with speed

DarthAnt66
He was faster than AotC Kenobi. Kenobi grew vastly in power and speed.

And no. Speed is generally dependent on one's command of the Force.

chingchangwalla
He was faster than AotC Kenobi. Kenobi grew vastly in power and speed.

And no. Speed is generally dependent on one's command of the Force.
You're probably right but Kenobi sort of says Fisto is one of the best duelists "the order has ever seen" in revenge of the sith

And this:
"Kit accelerated into a blur of motion complex and rapid enough to baffle even Obi-Wan’s experienced gaze."

DarthAnt66
Which is true. But that quote doesn't mean Kenobi isn't. He is.

And yeah, isn't that quote from shortly after Geonosis? Irrelevant.

chingchangwalla
I'm not saying you're wrong and this is a genuine question but has there been a comment like "impossibly fast" or "mind-numbing blur" made about Anakin and Mace's speed?

DarthAnt66

chingchangwalla
Not bad 👍🏼 cheers Ant. I'm not sure now

Nephthys
Team 2 goes ham. Either of them defeat either of team 1 handily.

SunRazer
Wrath and Malgus would have to be above Vader to be beating Obi-Wan handily, especially in sabers. The same goes for Maul.

Malgus shouldn't be anywhere near that - he's inferior to Vader and falls to Maul. The Wrath wouldn't be above Malgus by much. I doubt Obi-Wan can win just because he doesn't seem to have much offensive capacity by this point, but he can still hold his own defensively against either of them.

But I agree that team 2 should be taking Force.

Kurk

Is it from that stupid source book that says best red saber duelists are Vader, Sidious, Maul, Dooku, Ventress? What a joke

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
Wrath and Malgus would have to be above Vader to be beating Obi-Wan handily, especially in sabers. The same goes for Maul.

Malgus shouldn't be anywhere near that - he's inferior to Vader and falls to Maul. The Wrath wouldn't be above Malgus by much. I doubt Obi-Wan can win just because he doesn't seem to have much offensive capacity by this point, but he can still hold his own defensively against either of them.

But I agree that team 2 should be taking Force.

They wouldn't beat him handily in sabers, but they would in Force and all out. Same goes for Maul.

Old Maul isn't on par with Vader. Malgus is more powerful and more physically dominating whilst being comparably skilled and not having spent 20 decades atrophying and stewing in failure. He became one with the dark side to an extent Maul would cower at. He also has the best the Sith Empire at its peak can outfit him with while Maul's dressed in rags.

SunRazer
Considering Maul > Malgus, even if he declined, he'd still be a rival for Malgus and I don't believe it's confirmed that he did decline.

They'll take Force, but all-out will definitely not be a handily-won fight.

The Ellimist
What has the Emperor's Wrath actually done, besides getting praised at the academy?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Wrath is kind of a badass, tbh.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The Ellimist
What has the Emperor's Wrath actually done, besides getting praised at the academy?

See for yourself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.