Ulic-Qel Droma vs Luke Skywaker (RotJ)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
1. Lightsabers
2. Force-only
3. All-Out Duel

Neutral grounds.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Kys

carthage
Lightsabers: Ulic was an equall of Kun, Luke with virtually minimal training was fighting evenly with a guy who was better than the likes of Ahsoka, Galen Marek/Starkiller in his prime, and a master of all 7 lightsaber forms. Ulic can give him a fight but Luke is a much more instinctive duelist and his feat of beating Vader is something Ulic couldn't hope to achieve at his best

Force: No idea

All out: Ulic was much more a duelist than an offensive force user, so it probably ends in an excellent fight that favors Luke in my opinion

SunRazer
Luke stalemating RotJ Vader is better than Ulic stalemating pre-prime Kun. He wins, in a great fight.

chingchangwalla
Yeah but all those arguments about Vader holding back, not wanting to kill his son, weakened etc. can be made

SunRazer
Absolutely not. Every one of those arguments can be made in equal capacity for Luke. Luke actually has the stronger case since he actually refuses to press his advantages and go on the attack even when he has Vader on the back foot. And we know he set out to redeem Vader, not kill him, which is supported by numerous sourcebooks. If anything, he held back at least as much as Vader (supposedly) did.

Also, Vader was willing to kill Luke, as the RotJ novel states and as has been shown on the forums time and time again.

MythLord
Luke, good fight.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by SunRazer
Absolutely not. Every one of those arguments can be made in equal capacity for Luke. Luke actually has the stronger case since he actually refuses to press his advantages and go on the attack even when he has Vader on the back foot. And we know he set out to redeem Vader, not kill him, which is supported by numerous sourcebooks. If anything, he held back at least as much as Vader (supposedly) did.

Also, Vader was willing to kill Luke, as the RotJ novel states and as has been shown on the forums time and time again.

Chill out. Anyway Luke wins

SunRazer
... I don't think anything in that post could be interpreted as being a product of my anger. I'm perfectly calm, lol.

carthage
You'll know when he's angry he calls people Freshmouth, that's about a 7 on his anger scale.

This is him going into Hulk mode

chingchangwalla
... I don't think anything in that post could be interpreted as being a product of my anger. I'm perfectly calm, lol.

Could've just said those comments are bullshit. Would've made more impact

SunRazer
You mean that would've made me have not much of an argument at all. I don't know what it is with the forums softening up these days, but how reaffirming your stance on something can be misconstrued as an act of anger is beyond me.

Anyway, Luke wins.

AncientPower
Luke is more skilled a swordsman, but Ulic's edge in power is even greater, as is his physical might.

1.Luke, hard fight.
2.Ulic, good fight.
3.Ulic, hard fight.

SunRazer
Luke matched Vader's physical might, which is greater than that of Ulic's.

Not particularly convinced that Ulic's more powerful, either.

FreshestSlice

Things can be shown a ton of times when they're older than everyone who posts them. Of course then we'd have to factor in maybe Vader's character concept has changed in the last 30+ years.

Nephthys
Luke is less skilled than Ulic but has more raw power. I'd go with Ulic, I think he could capitalise on Luke's inexperience and rough training better than Vader could.

SunRazer
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Things can be shown a ton of times when they're older than everyone who posts them. Of course then we'd have to factor in maybe Vader's character concept has changed in the last 30+ years.

At best you can argue that Vader was hindered, but as I said, that same argument can be made just as easily for Luke. It's not a valid way of discrediting the reinforced fact that Luke rivaled Vader in their showdown aboard the Death Star II.

Sources from the later half of those last 30 years depict Luke matching Vader as a swordsman on the account of sheer lightsaber prowess, and that hasn't changed, so there's little point trying to dodge it.

Deronn_solo
Luke takes alll-out and 'sabers.

AncientPower
Luke matched Vader's physical might, which is greater than that of Ulic's.

Not particularly convinced that Ulic's more powerful, either.

I'm talking about stamina and strngth, something Ulic was a match for Kun in, before Ulic gained immense power in the following years. These guys were essentially the same type of Jedi before Ulic turned and vastly outgrew his Jedi incarnation.

Ulic floored Cay and Tott with a Force wave and floored Nomi with lightning, as well as tanked Basilisk war droid weaponry without even straining. All before he gained immense power.

FreshestSlice
At best you can argue that Vader was hindered, but as I said, that same argument can be made just as easily for Luke. It's not a valid way of discrediting the reinforced fact that Luke rivaled Vader in their showdown aboard the Death Star II.

Luke obviously wasn't hindered when he defeated Vader, so I don't think you can make that argument at all.

Because when you're arguing Vader is trying to turn Luke to pulp, and even Luke doesn't believe that, then you need to kind of support it. Sure, that novel from the before times says it, and then pretty much every source after disagrees with it.

Nephthys
Maybe Vader just underperformed. You know, like he does over and over again.

Deronn_solo
I like how you think that brand of conjecture is acceptable....

Syndicate
Luke.
No idea.
Luke.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Syndicate
Luke.
No idea.
Luke.

SunRazer
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Luke obviously wasn't hindered when he defeated Vader, so I don't think you can make that argument at all.

I'm not talking about the Rage-amped portion of the fight, because in that part, Luke obviously didn't have a care about killing Vader or not (until he stopped himself). Prior to that, he did - he wasn't out to kill Vader, hence why he never pushed his advantage when he drove Vader over the stairs.

And once again, sources still support that Luke matched Vader as a swordsman. It mentions nothing about character flaws, just that the two were just as skilled as the other. I don't know why that's hard to get.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.