Phoenix Force Vulcan vs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hutchy1345
Star Brand (full potential)
A Beyonder
2 beyonders

zopzop
PF Vulcan was destroying galaxies like they were going out of style. He destroys the Starbrand.

PF Vulcan loses vs the Beyonders though.

hutchy1345
Is star brand not supposed to be infinity gauntlet level
Guess not

Galan007
IG-level?

Christ no. Not ever.

hutchy1345
Star brand has already beaten a Beyonder so full potential is surely more powerful

Galan007
...In an explosion that was confirmed to be planet-level. none

IG can casually stomp anything this side of LT.

AlmightyKfish
In fairness Starbrand beat a Beyonder by dying and releasing the entirety of the Starbrand power which is a huge amount of power, even if it isn't IG level.

The Beyonder's were ludicrously powerful though, I mean the fact that a single one was casually destroying the entire race of Celestials and then three of them killed the abstracts/LT puts them, imo, above PF Vulcan.

So yeah, beats Starbrand but loses against Beyonders.

StiltmanFTW
Mjolnirless Thor and Hickperion tore through pussyonders like through butter smile

ghostman
http://i.imgur.com/mHM3DMk.gif

pussyonders....

PUSSYONDERS

pussyonders........................

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-15.gif

hutchy1345
This is a star brand no where near his potential tho

Galan007
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
In fairness Starbrand beat a Beyonder by dying and releasing the entirety of the Starbrand power which is a huge amount of power, even if it isn't IG level. Originally posted by Galan007
It was later confirmed that the power Starbrand released when he detonated and killed a Beyonder was enough to "protect or destroy A WORLD":

https://s32.postimg.org/ykwlwp4w5/Starbrand_and_Nightmask_2015_004_002.jpg
(And that was, per Kevin, the 'unleashed' power of the Starbrand.)

On the subsequent page Kevin reiterates that if he detonates, the EARTH will be destroyed:
http://i.imgur.com/c8PXkkx.jpg

IOW, we are evidently dealing with a planetary force here.

carver9
That scan doesn't clarify if he just used World Breaking power against the Beyonder. He just say "he never wanted the power to destroy Worlds". That statement had nothing to do with the Beyonder. Hes just saying he protect world's and he can also destroy them.

Galan007
laughing out loud

READ THE SECOND SCAN, carver. Kevin states that if he detonates again, the EARTH will be destroyed.

Here, I'll even blow it up for you, because I know that clicking those pesky links is such a painstaking process...

https://s31.postimg.org/eh5eohqej/c8_PXkkx.jpg

The Starbrand's planet-level power was reiterated yet AGAIN in the very same issue:
http://i.imgur.com/7NaCjVn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mm0p6Ln.jpg
"Last: reabsorb all that Starbrand energy... So that I don't blow up THE WORLD!"

hutchy1345
Yet again this is a guy who has not even nearly mastered his power
Full potential star brand is much more powerful than is little kid, a kid who has essentially beaten the avengers accidentally in one of his first uses of his powers

DarkSaint85
Mastered his power or not....the ENTIRETY of his power, released, would only destroy a planet.

Doesn't matter how skilled a driver Michael Schumacher was. His car was still only able to produce XYZ amount of power.

Mastering the Starbrand means absolutely NOTHING....because when ALL of it was released, it was planetary level.

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Mastering the Starbrand means absolutely NOTHING....because when ALL of it was released, it was planetary level.
Yup. It's herald level at it's BEST.

hutchy1345
Even though it was locked away by the Lt because he was scared of it?

zopzop
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Even though it was locked away by the Lt because he was scared of it?
That's been retconned away.

The current Starbrand is the Ellis/Hickman Starbrand. Everything that came before New Universal has been done away with. The current Starbrand and everything related to the New Universe franchise has been rebooted.

basilisk
Originally posted by zopzop
That's been retconned away.

The current Starbrand is the Ellis/Hickman Starbrand. Everything that came before New Universal has been done away with. The current Starbrand and everything related to the New Universe franchise has been rebooted. Wasn't the more powerful Starbrand Quasar had which LT didn't want messing up the cosmic hierarchy just the orginal SB from the original NU, and still around somewhere? I thought the Ellis/Hickman version was just the less powerful version from the alternate NU introduced in New Universal. Has the original ever been definitively retconned away? I don't see why it needs to be, since we've seen a number of alternate SBs over the years from different universes.

zopzop
Originally posted by basilisk
Wasn't the more powerful Starbrand Quasar had which LT didn't want messing up the cosmic hierarchy just the orginal SB from the original NU, and still around somewhere? I thought the Ellis/Hickman version was just the less powerful version from the alternate NU introduced in New Universal. Has the original ever been definitively retconned away? I don't see why it needs to be, since we've seen a number of alternate SBs over the years from different universes.
Nope. It was legit retconned. The series, New Universal, was even said to be an official reboot of the New Universe franchise.

Full power Starbrand = mid/high herald level.

hutchy1345
Must be above that if he faced the avengers single handedly

StiltmanFTW

His eye lasers didn't do shit to Tony's suit, lulz.

zopzop
Both sides were holding back. So those showings aren't too impressive. Compare that to a pissed off Thor facing off against BRB, Surfer, and the entire Infinity Watch.

Like Galan pointed out earlier, the ENTIRE power of the Starbrand is world destroying level. This is something any herald worth his name has done. Gladiator has done it with 3 punches, Surfer has done it, Drax has done something better (ripped apart a small star), Nova herald of Galactus has done something better (destroyed a star), etc...

StiltmanFTW
Even Terrax the cosmic rhino has done it.

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Even Terrax
OMG, how did I leave him out? But yeah. Terrax is a solid mid herald and he's done it.

Shut yo mouth! mad

StiltmanFTW
Heralds of Galactus suck in general, sans maybe a few.

basilisk
Nope. It was legit retconned. The series, New Universal, was even said to be an official reboot of the New Universe franchise.

Full power Starbrand = mid/high herald level. Hmm... I get that it was an official reboot, but only in the sense that Marvel were relaunching it as a reimagining of the concept. It's been a long time since I've looked at New Universal but was it actually addressed in story that the other New Universe stuff was retconned away or replaced? As mentioned above, there have been several alternate universes with different versions of the Starbrand depicted on panel, so we know different versions of the Starbrand co-exist. Also, Marvel give the original New Universe and the New Universal universe two completely different universe number designations and refer to them separately. Basically the same as the reboot/relaunch of Squadron Supreme into Supreme Power where both universes are separate but in concept one is a reimagining of the other. If we can have how many dozen different Hyperions running around as a result we can surely handle a couple of Starbrands.

Like I said, it's been a while since I read any NU/Universal but I thought they were entirely different universes and what happened in Quasar/Starblast remains unchanged.

zopzop
Originally posted by basilisk
Hmm... I get that it was an official reboot, but only in the sense that Marvel were relaunching it as a reimagining of the concept. It's been a long time since I've looked at New Universal but was it actually addressed in story that the other New Universe stuff was retconned away or replaced? As mentioned above, there have been several alternate universes with different versions of the Starbrand depicted on panel, so we know different versions of the Starbrand co-exist. Also, Marvel give the original New Universe and the New Universal universe two completely different universe number designations and refer to them separately. Basically the same as the reboot/relaunch of Squadron Supreme into Supreme Power where both universes are separate but in concept one is a reimagining of the other. If we can have how many dozen different Hyperions running around as a result we can surely handle a couple of Starbrands.

Like I said, it's been a while since I read any NU/Universal but I thought they were entirely different universes and what happened in Quasar/Starblast remains unchanged.
Trust me on this. It's a straight up reboot starting with Nu Universal. Hickman expanded on the sh|tstorm Ellis started and that spelled doom for New Universe fans. All of Gruenwald and later writers (Untold Tales of the New Universe) work was undone.

Phuck Hickman and Ellis.

basilisk
Trust me on this. It's a straight up reboot starting with Nu Universal. Hickman expanded on the sh|tstorm Ellis started and that spelled doom for New Universe fans. All of Gruenwald and later writers (Untold Tales of the New Universe) work was undone. Not that I don't trust you smile But I am interested if there is a source with further info about all this. Pretty sad if that is the case.

Phuck Hickman and Ellis.

Yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.