Ulic Qel-Droma vs Arcann

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Who takes this?

SunRazer
Didn't we just have this? It's practically a tie.

AncientPower
Ulic.

They're essentially dead-locked in terms of Force powers, but Ulic is simply better in combat.

NewGuy01
Yeah, I posted this like a week ago. I think you posted on it, too.

DarthAnt66
Damn.

JKBart
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yeah, I posted this like a week ago. I think you posted on it, too. You put the effort to post in here and not in my mad interesting battle with Palpatine's half-dead corpse

eh

NewGuy01
Well, I saw an opportunity to nag at Ant and I took it. cool

Syndicate
Haven't we had this thread twice before this?

Nephthys
Arcann in all aspects.

MythLord
Ulic, great fight.

Nephthys
Ulic could never do what Arcann did to the Outlander. And blocking Valkorions lightning >>>> blocking cannon fire.

MythLord
Why not?
Barely blocking lightning for 5 seconds. Said lightning only powerful enough to destroy the lifeforms inside ships and knock ships down, whereas Ulic casually deflects blasts powerful enough to destroy starfighers and damage capital ships.

Nephthys
That lightning was just the excess cast-off from the main attack that Arcann was blocking. The true assault on Arcann would be many times more powerful than what the ships were hit by. It was also spread out over a massive area, unlike cannon fire. If all the energy had been concentrated in a direct attack, it would eclipse weak-ass cannon fire by orders of magnitude.

That even the excess energy from the main attack, spread out over so much area can wipe out all life on those ships, is insane by itself. The main attack would be mind-boggling. Valkorion also wipes out a small army of Zakuul Knights and Skytroopers in a single attack, that was likely far weaker than the one he used on Arcann.

SunRazer
In fairness, Ulic did that on a DS nexus and as a Jedi, did he not? He would've improved considerably since, and he actually succeeded in defending against it with no real trouble, whereas Arcann used all of his power to repel Valkorion's attack and was still overwhelmed.

AncientPower
He did it killing the Mandalore, but he still grew immensely in power following that.

Sinious
Originally posted by MythLord

Barely blocking lightning for 5 seconds. Yeah, more like 50 seconds.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
In fairness, Ulic did that on a DS nexus and as a Jedi, did he not?

No.

Originally posted by AncientPower
He did it killing the Mandalore, but he still grew immensely in power following that.

Proof? I thought him fighting Mandalore was at the tail-end of the series.

MythLord
Originally posted by Nephthys
That lightning was just the excess cast-off from the main attack that Arcann was blocking. The true assault on Arcann would be many times more powerful than what the ships were hit by. It was also spread out over a massive area, unlike cannon fire. If all the energy had been concentrated in a direct attack, it would eclipse weak-ass cannon fire by orders of magnitude.
That even the excess energy from the main attack, spread out over so much area can wipe out all life on those ships, is insane by itself. The main attack would be mind-boggling.

It is your conjecture that the blast on Arcann is "many times more powerful" than the excess cast off. And the cast off didn't even damage the ships, just killed their pilots which then caused the ships to crash. It was more flashy than powerful, honestly.
The fact that the cannons Ulic deflected can actually destroy massive ships would be better than a blast that could kills a few pilots but not damage the ships themselves.
I also question why you bring up the attack being spread out, given that Arcann was only deflect one portion of the attack barely, so if it was concentrated, even if superior the cannons Ulic deflected, it would've fried Arcann to a crisp.

Valkorion also wipes out a small army of Zakuul Knights and Skytroopers in a single attack, that was likely far weaker than the one he used on Arcann.

Again, your conjecture. I want something concrete.

AncientPower
Proof? I thought him fighting Mandalore was at the tail-end of the series.

It appears some education is required.

Firstly, Ulic as a Jedi was already a Master of the Force and lightsaber cpmbat, perfecting his abilities as a swordsman:

Then Ulic was corrupted to the Dark Side during his ime im the Krath, gaining 'tremendous', 'immense' powers:

The first thing Ulic does is fight the Mandalorians who attack Krath space, thrn Ulic battles Republic troops on Raxus Prime, attacks Coruscant, gets imprisoned by the Jedi until Exar Kun sets him free then they attack Ossus and Ulic finally has his powers severed by Nomi Sunrider. Note this is not including the other battles in the war that we don't see.

Ulic was constantly growing more powerful as we can see.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.