Pay Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Ah what a wonderful day.......my Pay day is tomorrow.......friday
What day of the week do you get paid on.....or do you get paid bi-weekly or monthly?

GordonSkywalker
I get paid tomorrow.

Augeybana
I get paid on saturday.

GordonSkywalker
What more is there to say? Someone else should have a go.

Julie
I don't think there are too many people here at the moment.
Pay day is a wonderful day.....but so is sunday

GordonSkywalker
Because you get Sundays off?

BackFire349
tommorow also, i dont care though, i have plenty of money, i got 1300 sitting in my account.

GordonSkywalker
How do you manage to keep hold of your funds man?

Augeybana
Cool.Hey since this post slowing down a bit what do you guys work for.I and I won't be for long make swiming pools.But this job I will leave soonn.

BackFire349
i keep my purchases in reason.

Corran
I get paid monthly, kind of.

yerssot
when they don't forget?

Catch 22
I get paid on 23rd of every month, so I've spent mine already... wink

finti
30/31 here or in other words the last day of the month

yerssot
so, no pay in februari? wink

Ushgarak
What's a pay day?

finti
it is when you get lucky with a girl

LaurenE147
bi-weekly. I've been working there for over a year and I get paid only fifteen cents above minimum wage!

GordonSkywalker
{Hehe...I got paid today.....sweet victory....now to make more plans of conquest.....}

narcil
what's min. wage in the states?

i get paid monthly. which reminds me, i should go pick up my cheque today. *lol* big grin

Julie
I got paid today too....yea.........wahoo.... Happy Dance this calls for a celebration...I think I'll go rent a game

Ushgarak
(cries)

Julie
* hands ush a tissue*...."why are you crying, boy..."

Ushgarak
'cos you have money and are happy, and I do not.

Corran
Money cannot buy happiness Ush.

BackFire349
ill get my money when i go in to work tonight. wont be much money, only like 150 or so probably.

Corran
150 Imperial or republic credits?

zimbo
evil face laughing out loud evil face

Ushgarak
I beg to differ, Corran!

Corran
It cannot buy happiness, it cannot buy love, excepting the wrong type of love, and no I do not mean the type you buy hourly. Money cannot buy you friends, so it cannot buy you TRUE happiness, it may buy you a second rate poor substitute but is that what you want?
There is nothing better than a smile from someone who loves you for you and not for the size of your bank account, a loving smile is priceless.

zimbo
Well.................if you want I can smile for like 100$

GordonSkywalker
Since when was Corran a social worker helping us with our self-esteem? I must have been away longer than I thought.

yerssot
you should all listen to corran! money doesn't make you happy, just give it all to me and I'll show you

Ushgarak
Corran, that is the sort of platitude I only ever hear from people who HAVE money. Try living without it for a while and see how happy you feel.

Money gets you peace of mind. It gets you security. It gives you the opportunity to try and live the sort of life you want. Without money I have none of these three things, which are all essential to happiness.

mechmoggy
I get paid every Friday, but then Mrs.MM takes it all off me and makes me sleep in the cupboard under the stairs. sad

Ush, no matter how much money you get, you'll always find new ways to blow it, fooling yourself you need other things to make you happy. I know this cus I now earn about 3 times as much as I did when I was 17, but yet I remember back then I was drinking 5-6 times a week! I'm lucky if I've got enough for 2 nights out these days.

yerssot
*runs in*
SHOW ME THE MONEY! SHOW ME THE MONEY!
*runs out again*

Corran
Ush, admitedly I do work and earn enough money to live and go out and enjoy myself. But when I first started work and was living away from my parents for the first time trying to earn enough to eat and pay bills etc I had to get a bar-job as well as and this meant I was working 4-5 nights a week on top of my full-time 40 hours, this stopped me going out and spending money I did not have, there is quite a lot of pressure in starting out, but you still have good friends and family members who can make you happy when you are short of money just by being there for you. Money just makes your life more comfortable but cannot actually buy the happiness. There are plenty of unhappy rich people, why can't they buy happiness?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.