Dark-siders who Mace can't defeat in sabers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Which dark-side users would Mace lose to in a sabers only battle?

Version 1: standard mindset with Vaapad
Version 2: Pissed-off Mace with amp when fighting Sidious

JKBart
Normally, when giving it all, but not yet within the unique state of mind he reached in Palpatine duel, he would probably defeat anybody besides:
- Darth Plagueis,
- potentially pre-suit Vader if he was as solid mentally as Anakin before (but he never was kek),
- Palpatine obviously,
- Jacen Solo,
- Darth Krayt.

In the state of mind he reached when fighting Sidious... he beats everybody sans Sidious himself.

Syndicate
Vader.
DE Sidious. Entities.

Kurk
Originally posted by JKBart
Normally, when giving it all, but not yet within the unique state of mind he reached in Palpatine duel, he would probably defeat anybody besides:
- Darth Plagueis,
- potentially pre-suit Vader if he was as solid mentally as Anakin before (but he never was kek),
- Palpatine obviously,
- Jacen Solo,
- Darth Krayt.

In the state of mind he reached when fighting Sidious... he beats everybody sans Sidious himself.
Interesting. I wouldn't have expected Plagueis. I personally do believe Mace stalemated Sidious in sabers, but lets not open that box right now smile.

NewGuy01
In the second round... No one besides Sidious, and maybe an unrestrained Anakin.

Deronn_solo
Jacen and Plagueis are the only DS beating him in round 1.

Round two, only Sidious.

Kurk
and maybe Dooku for round 1 wink

Deronn_solo
No, lmao. Dooku isn't even a top 5 DS duelist.

Kurk
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
No, lmao. Dooku isn't even a top 5 DS duelist.
That could be true, but his fighting style is advantageous against the likes of Windu.

NewGuy01
It could be argued, tbh.

MythLord
Dooku, Plagueis, Taalon and Caedus for Round 1.
Sidious for Round 2; Taalon maybe, as well.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Kurk
That could be true, but his fighting style is advantageous against the likes of Windu.

No, it isn't. If anything, an aggressive, somewhat strength orientated, style like Vaapad/Juyo --- would cause Dooku even more fits.

NewGuy01
In terms of effectiveness against Makashi...

Djem So > Vaapad > Soresu > Ataru > Shii-Cho

Would be my guess.

JKBart
Where's Niman you casual

NewGuy01
Niman isn't good or bad against anything, it's irrelevant on the scale.

Kurk
No, it isn't. If anything, an aggressive, somewhat strength orientated, style like Vaapad/Juyo --- would cause Dooku even more fits.
*insert Antoine Bandele video here*

"Windu's style was wild and sporadic while Dooku's was surgical"
"Dooku was a powerhouse of finesse"

I know some of you hate him and all, but he made some good arguments.

Kurk
I mean it is stated that Dooku out-fenced Windu as a jedi; can't see why he can't do the same now.

NewGuy01
Don't confuse "wild" and "fierce". Kit Fisto's style is "wild", Mace's is "fierce".

Kurk
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Don't confuse "wild" and "fierce". Kit Fisto's style is "wild", Mace's is "fierce".
I'm not; his style uses wide, sweeping strikes which leave open spots that Makashi can penetrate.

Syndicate
Dooku not only beat him when they were both Jedi but then was stated to have grown immensely upon his fall to the Darkside. Anybody have that quote?

NewGuy01
I'm not; his style uses wide, sweeping strikes which leave open spots that Makashi can penetrate.

Lol, based on what?

Deronn_solo
*insert Antoine Bandele video here*...snip)

LMAO.

Substantiate your claims with actual canon sources --- not some shit a nigga said on a YouTube vid.

The Ellimist
To lose a majority...

1. Sidious, Plagueis, Bane*, Caedus, Krayt (maybe), peak pre-suit Vader, post pool Soresu Taalon
2. DE Sidious (or RotS if Mace takes time to sink into vaapad), post pool Taalon

nedemette
since when did u retARDS put mace >>> dooku, like holy **** how stupid are you guys

NewGuy01
^Dooku's glorious image has been tarnished in your absence, tbh.

Also, Ellim, you put a * next to Bane but didn't clarify...

Deronn_solo
Dooku is a joke who got stomped by pirates, lmao. Sorry to burst you bubble, Jack.

nedemette
Dooku is a joke who got stomped by pirates, lmao. Sorry to burst you bubble, Jack.
u cant troll me

The Ellimist
Originally posted by NewGuy01
^Dooku's glorious image has been tarnished in your absence, tbh.

Also, Ellim, you put a * next to Bane but didn't clarify...

Oh I meant to say * just kidding.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by nedemette
u cant troll me
I was being dead serious, kek.

nedemette
yes, i wish ur death was serious

Deronn_solo
Get in line; people tell me that everyday. smile

JKBart
Jack u're getting obsolete

Kurk
Maul got stomped by pirates too. Dooku is a calculating man; he decided not to let his emotions get the best of him and realized the risk wasn't worth it. Not to mention his style sucks against fighting that many blaster-wielding opponents.

carthage
Probably on Caedus or Plagueis

Kurk
And at the end of the day, if Dooku and Windu stalemate, he'll just pull a Sora Bulq and break Windu.

chingchangwalla
Sidious, Dooku and Plagueis.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Syndicate
Dooku not only beat him when they were both Jedi but then was stated to have grown immensely upon his fall to the Darkside. Anybody have that quote?

Dooku was one of the two who could ever beat Mace, it doesn't mean for a majority. And that was pre-TPM. Guess what? Mace improved too, and since he is 30 years younger, he could easly make up for the DS boost Dooku got.

chingchangwalla
Dooku > Mace. Let the bullshit comments begin

cs_zoltan
Mace > Dooku. Let the truth begin.

chingchangwalla
- Dooku has trained Grievous, the second greatest Jedi killer of all time and Asajj Ventress who has killed her fair share.
- Mace trained Depa Billaba who hasn't done much.
Grievous > Ventress > Billaba

Skill = Equal
Feats = Dooku Comprehensively
Force = Equal (Although I believe Dooku. He has knowledge of the light side as well as the dark side.)
Dooku wins all out

Kurk
They're pretty neck and neck in my book and it depends on a number of variables but I give it to Dooku.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
- Dooku has trained Grievous, the second greatest Jedi killer of all time and Asajj Ventress who has killed her fair share.
Grievous > Ventress > Billaba

Skill = Equal
Feats = Dooku Comprehensively
Force = Equal (Although I believe Dooku. He has knowledge of the light side as well as the dark side.)
Dooku wins all out

http://guyanachronicle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/cancer.jpg

DarthAnt66
That's not how it works.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That's not how it works.

How does it work exactly?

carthage
Genuinely curious where this Mace>Dooku thing came from. Is it because of Canon sort of leaving the Sidious vs Dooku duel ambiguous, or something else? Because in Legends there are plenty of sources saying Dooku is somewhat better than Mace, namely Yoda calling him the orders greatest student, and somewhat better force showings for Dooku

cs_zoltan
Not like that fuggot, or Traya > Sidious you dipshit.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by carthage
Genuinely curious where this Mace>Dooku thing came from. Is it because of Canon sort of leaving the Sidious vs Dooku duel ambiguous, or something else? Because in Legends there are plenty of sources saying Dooku is somewhat better than Mace, namely Yoda calling him the orders greatest student, and somewhat better force showings for Dooku

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

cs_zoltan

One Legend source says Dooku is the greatest students of the Jedi Order, another says Mace is the 2nd most powerful Jedi Master ever by TPM.

Get rekt Dooku fuggots.

DarthAnt66
How does it work exactly?
The strength or skill of an apprentice isn't proof of the master's ability, nor is the lack of.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The strength or skill of an apprentice isn't proof of the master's ability, nor is the lack of.

I know. Just his skill as a teacher which I thought should be noted

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
http://guyanachronicle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/cancer.jpg

I legit kek'ed.

The Ellimist

The Dooku as the greatest student comments usually come before Windu's prime, and yeah, Windu defeating Sidious and vaapad tip the scales IMO.

Also look to OCW.

Kurk
Originally posted by The Ellimist
The Dooku as the greatest student comments usually come before Windu's prime, and yeah, Windu defeating Sidious and vaapad tip the scales IMO.

Also look to OCW.
Mace can't channel much dark energy from Dooku, if any, using Vaapad. Being a master of the Quey'tek meditation technique, he'll just hide his "dark-side" and revert to jedi form to defeat Windu. Dooku is not a raging sith like Maul, Malgus, Sidious, Bane, etc.

The Ellimist
Mace can't channel much dark energy from Dooku, if any, using Vaapad. Being a master of the Quey'tek meditation technique, he'll just hide his "dark-side" and revert to jedi form to defeat Windu. Dooku is not a raging sith like Maul, Malgus, Sidious, Bane, etc.

But his status as being a peer of TCW Windu comes from his feats while using the dark side.

chingchangwalla
Bloody hell. If Mace is ever losing, fanboys just pull the Vaapad card and he gets an automatic Win. If Coleman Trebor could use vaapad's chanelling ability does that mean he'd win every time?

The Ellimist
Bloody hell. If Mace is ever losing, fanboys just pull the Vaapad card and he gets an automatic Win. If Coleman Trebor could use vaapad's chanelling ability does that mean he'd win every time?

He gets the win against a guy who is roughly considered his peer, yes. It's just being used as a tiebreaker here, which is perfectly reasonable.

chingchangwalla
He gets the win against a guy who is roughly considered his peer, yes. It's just being used as a tiebreaker here, which is perfectly reasonable.

He's a peer with Vaapad being used already. It matters little

The Ellimist
He's a peer with Vaapad being used already. It matters little

I don't think Windu truly embraces vaapad until RotS, or at least it doesn't seem like he really lets himself go until then. Is it fair to use his RotS performance? You could say it's an outlier, or that it's him really trying.

chingchangwalla
I don't think Windu truly embraces vaapad until RotS, or at least it doesn't seem like he really lets himself go until then. Is it fair to use his RotS performance? You could say it's an outlier, or that it's him really trying.

I think it's fair but I don't believe he would do as well against Dooku as he did against Sidious. Mainly because he felt betrayed by Palpatine himself as well as the republic and was just furious as shit. He doesn't have much reason to hate Dooku like as he hates Palpy. It wasn't all just Vaapad working magic

Syndicate
I don't think so personally. He never effectively employed the superconducting loop even once despite facing at least 4 darksiders before RotS. When it finally did come into effect it was under highly specific circumstances against the most powerful darksider of all time.

The Ellimist
Well, Dooku was his former friend...

But yeah, it's tough to guess what his state of mind would be unless if the OP clarifies.

chingchangwalla
Well, Dooku was his former friend...

But yeah, it's tough to guess what his state of mind would be unless if the OP clarifies.

Having a friend turn against you isn't as bad as devoting your whole life to pretty much serving this man, losing heaps of other friends along the way, giving up a chance to ever marry and have a kid, and then finding out he was your enemy all along. Then be betrayed by the chosen one who you said shouldn't be trained in the first place and to top it off, being messed up by force lightning and chucked out of a building. Pretty shit life Mace

The Ellimist
And predictably the black guy was the first to die in the Great Jedi Purge.

chingchangwalla
And predictably the black guy was the first to die in the Great Jedi Purge.

Lel. Such a waste though, they had Samuel L Jackson with a purple lightsaber and he just got thrown out a window. They couldn't have made him any cooler but such a lame death.

Kurk
Remember, as S. Jackson said himself, jedi can often survive falls from very, very tall heights. smile

Zenwolf
Remember, as S. Jackson said himself, jedi can often survive falls from very, very tall heights. smile

Except Kurk, according to the Databank...Mace is dead and I don't think Jedi surviving tall heights is including getting blasted so hard with Force Lighting that it illuminates one's skeleton structure.

Jmanghan
No one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.