What's the best duo Mace Windu can handle?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKBart
Both people in the duo should be at least slightly comparable. Like, they have to be able to score at least 1/10 against each other.

1) What are the best two people Mace can beat in regular battle.
2) What are the best two people Mace can beat in sabers+melee fight only.
3) What are the best two people Mace can beat in Force only bout with 20 meters starting distance, warehouse full of stuff to throw.
4) What is the best duo that Mace can stomp everytime in regular battle?

The Ellimist
Idea cred.

1. Malgus and Maul
2. Exar Kun and Maul (maybe)
3. Darth Nyriss and Darth Malgus
4. Maul and Savage

Prob being a little generous to Mace, but assuming his fight with Sidious was an outlier.

Syndicate
Ventress and Savage.
Ventress and Savage.
Obi Wan and Kit Fisto.
Qui Gon and Obi Wan ( TPM ).

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Idea cred.

1. Malgus and Maul
2. Exar Kun and Maul (maybe)
3. Darth Nyriss and Darth Malgus
4. Maul and Savage

Prob being a little generous to Mace, but assuming his fight with Sidious was an outlier.

He isn't taking Kun and Maul.
Nyriss and Malgus would be interesting though

chingchangwalla
Could he beat Vong Krayt and Talon?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Syndicate
Ventress and Savage.
Ventress and Savage.
Obi Wan and Kit Fisto.
Qui Gon and Obi Wan ( TPM ).

Dooku was able to take out Obi Wan while knocking back Anakin, so I don't see how Windu would be matched by Ventress and Savage.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
He isn't taking Kun and Maul.
Nyriss and Malgus would be interesting though

I was thinking his vaapad would give him the win.

chingchangwalla
Yeah Vaapad is good and all but Maul is about equal to Mace and Kun is a tier above. Maul contends and distracts whilst Kun just batters him down

The Ellimist
Yeah Vaapad is good and all but Maul is about equal to Mace and Kun is a tier above. Maul contends and distracts whilst Kun just batters him down

How is Maul an equal to Mace as a duelist? There's no reason to think him above Obi Wan. Kun is more powerful than Windu, but as a duelist I'd put him around Dooku's level, so Windu + vaapad has a shot (i.e. Dooku vs. Anakin and Obi Wam)

chingchangwalla
Maul is almost on Dooku's level who is about equal to Mace if not better. Bloodlusted Maul beats Dooku tbh so he can contend with Windu

Syndicate
Dooku was able to take out Obi Wan while knocking back Anakin, so I don't see how Windu would be matched by Ventress and Savage.

Because Mace isn't Dooku?

The Ellimist
Maul is almost on Dooku's level who is about equal to Mace if not better. Bloodlusted Maul beats Dooku tbh so he can contend with Windu

Eh, I don't think Dooku could take out Sidious in combat no matter how bloodlusted or inspired he is, but Windu did just by caring a lot about the Republic.

Because Mace isn't Dooku?

You're right. He's more powerful, and uses a form based off of juyo, which iirc is good against multiple opponents.

chingchangwalla
Eh, I don't think Dooku could take out Sidious in combat no matter how bloodlusted or inspired he is, but Windu did just by caring a lot about the Republic.

You're right. He's more powerful, and uses a form based off of juyo, which iirc is good against multiple opponents.

It's not like Vaapad has any advantages over Makashi right?

chingchangwalla
Lol. Beat Sidious "by caring about the Republic"
If anything he was possed with the republic

Syndicate
You're right. He's more powerful

I'd disagree with that assessment.

The Ellimist
Lol. Beat Sidious "by caring about the Republic"
If anything he was possed with the republic

Yeah, he just got a little pissed/motivated, and had some time to sink into vaapad, and he beat Palpatine. Dooku was on a f*cking nexus and still ran from Yoda.

Syndicate
and uses a form based off of juyo, which iirc is good against multiple opponents.

Wait a minute... What are you talking about?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AcuUdyqdpIk/V3iFY1R335I/AAAAAAAABi4/V4NYS4cbgrs-MdWfT_QPp4zXIfyc-ugHwCL0B/w500-h408-no/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-07-02%2Bat%2B10.22.26%2BPM.png

Darth Thor

4. Maul and Savage

You think Mace would stomp Maul and Savage every time?

Ziggystardust
and uses a form based off of juyo, which iirc is good against multiple opponents.

Wait a minute... What are you talking about?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AcuUdyqdpIk/V3iFY1R335I/AAAAAAAABi4/V4NYS4cbgrs-MdWfT_QPp4zXIfyc-ugHwCL0B/w500-h408-no/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-07-02%2Bat%2B10.22.26%2BPM.png

laughing

This is a golden example. If anyone needed any convincing on the matter, that Ellimist is literally making this shit up as he goes along.

nedemette
''iirc''

chingchangwalla
Sidious didn't seem to suffer the problem. Neither did Maul

Ziggystardust
When you're fighting against trash-teir saber-masters who aren't even expecting saber-to-saber confrontations, then I imagine the little flaws in one's stlyee matter a lot less.

chingchangwalla
Maul fought Grievous who is effectively multiple opponents (which is why Fisto did so damn well) and didn't get his ass kicked. Grievous in SOD isn't trash

Ziggystardust
Maul fought Grievous who is effectively multiple opponents (which is why Fisto did so damn well) and didn't get his ass kicked. Grievous in SOD isn't trash

Are you mentally deficient? Firsty, Grevious isn't essentially multiple opponents, he is one opponent who tends to wield multiple sabers. I hope you can tell the difference. Secondly, Grevious never engaged Maul on all fours and their fights were never long enough to be conclusive. Maul rugby tackling the cyborg in the first fight, and Force pushing him in last.

chingchangwalla
Lel I know the difference dickwad but in every thread I've seen involving Fisto, someone brings up the duel against Grievous and points are made that Fisto just treated the situation like it was a 1v4. You can even tell that in the scene

Ziggystardust
Lel I know the difference dickwad but in every thread I've seen involving Fisto, someone brings up the duel against

Ohhh so because other people said so... well ****, that must make it true. I forgot that the damming evidence for an idea, that if many people believe it, the idea becomes completely infallible. Much like in the 1800's, where there was a widespread belief that bloodletting cured sickness. Yet, all of these people were not just wrong, but horribly wrong, because in fact it made people sicker. Clearly, the popularity of an idea is no guarantee that it's right.

You can't tell jack-shit. This is the same Grevious that lost out to Jar Jar & freinds, and not the four-armed monstrosity that regularly chews through council masters like a lawn-mower. That's the reason he looses to Fisto.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Ohhh so because other people said so... well ****, that must make it true. I forgot that the damming evidence for an idea, that if many people believe it, the idea becomes completely infallible. Much like in the 1800's, where there was a widespread belief that bloodletting cured sickness. Yet, all of these people were not just wrong, but horribly wrong, because in fact it made people sicker. Clearly, the popularity of an idea is no guarantee that it's right.

You can't tell jack-shit. This is the same Grevious that lost out to Jar Jar & freinds, And not the four-armed monstrosity that regularly chews through council masters like a lawn -mower. That's the reason he looses to Fisto.

Hahah insult game strong. Nah I'll hand it you, you're right. Grievous might not be the council master killing machine that he was pre TCW but he still chews through Jedi knights with no effort at all. And if Shii-Cho isn't giving Fisto an advantage then hats off to him, he seems to lose a lot of battles on these threads because his lightsaber form is shit in a 1v1 situation. So he has overcome this now or what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.