Darth Tenebrous vs ANH Darth Vader (Legends)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
As the title states, Legends versions only.

Let's see how far the Tenebrous haters/Vader wankers will go.

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-out

Deronn_solo
Vader brings the table, and the lube. Tene, bends over backwards, and takes it like the ***** he is.

chingchangwalla
Vader takes this in a decent enough fight

carthage
Vader can't beat a bunch of Kursid warriors, and obviously Tenebrous has a ton of skill feats.

Let's argue based on how far he is on the Banite line and nebulous quotes about his force power rather than feats thumb up

SunRazer
Sure. So Rivi-Anu trumps them both.

carthage
Originally posted by SunRazer
Sure. So Rivi-Anu trumps them both.

Rivi Anu had a moment of oneness or likely gave herself fully to te force to accomplish her feat in an analogous situation to Ganner Rhysode. But yeah one stupid showing with obvious ambiguous factors >>> countless accolades from Canon/Legends calling Vader among the powerful of Sith Lords and Sidious saying he was unparalled in Tarkin.

Great argument Nova thumb up

SunRazer
You argued for Vader, not for Tenebrous. So by that logic, Rivi-Anu still trumps Tenebrous?

Anyway, Tenebrous is hardly deficient in feats. The areas where we do see him use his powers, bar telekinesis, includes him having better feats than Vader - Barrier, Speed, Sense, etc.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by carthage
Vader can't beat a bunch of Kursid warriors, and obviously Tenebrous has a ton of skill feats.

Let's argue based on how far he is on the Banite line and nebulous quotes about his force power rather than feats thumb up

Accolades can't be dismissed on face if they're from sufficiently reliable sources. It's not like the third person narrator is lying.

SunRazer
There's nothing "nebulous" about Tenebrous' quotes at all. Multiple sources from different authors make it abundantly clear that each Sith Lord in the Banite line is more powerful than the last, and Tenebrous has spent perhaps over a century mastering the dark side. Even if the quote referred to raw power, it's completely fair to assume that Tenebrous mastered that raw power.

The Ellimist
^^ also uncertainty =/= proof of weakness. We defer to the most probable conclusion, i.e. that Tenebrous is below Plagueis but not by such a huge amount that it would imply Bane to be Coleman Trebor level.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Vader brings the table, and the lube. Tene, bends over backwards, and takes it like the ***** he is.

Emperordmb
You're saying this as if Carthage would have a problem with Bane being coleman trebor level.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Emperordmb
You're saying this as if Carthage would have a problem with Bane being coleman trebor level.

smile As you know, he has Bane at Qui Gon level, and once PoD Bane slightly below ESB Luke.

Syndicate
I don't know. I go back and forth on this.

carthage
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Accolades can't be dismissed on face if they're from sufficiently reliable sources. It's not like the third person narrator is lying.

I'm not dismissing anything he's obviously leagues above Bane in terms of feats, but applying Banite scaling can easily apply to Vader given Hes vastly above any of Banes order given we have no idea how powerful they are and how much his feats shit on Bane's.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by carthage
I'm not dismissing anything he's obviously leagues above Bane in terms of feats, but applying Banite scaling can easily apply to Vader given Hes vastly above any of Banes order given we have no idea how powerful they are and how much his feats shit on Bane's.

Banite scaling can't directly apply to Vader, since he never surpasses Palpatine. At most, the fact that he can even remotely kiss Sidious's boots suggest that he could atomize Bane and Zannah easily, but we already knew that from his feats.

We know how powerful Bane is, and how powerful Sidious is, so Tenebrous should be like twenty times closer to Sidious than he is to Bane.

chingchangwalla
Gee, Tenebrous seems to be hella overrated and hella underrated right now. Look he ain't beating Vader but he's putting up a fight, he's no pushover. Tenebrous is probably just above the likes of DD Ventress Sabers wise and stronger in the force so I see him beating most TCW Council members but he's no Vader, Windu, Yoda.

SunRazer
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Tenebrous is probably just above the likes of DD Ventress Sabers wise.

laughing out loud

chingchangwalla
laughing out loud

Don't agree? big grin

SunRazer
No. And by "more powerful than Ventress in the Force", how much more powerful are we talking about?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Tenebrous brings the lube.

chingchangwalla
No. And by "more powerful than Ventress in the Force", how much more powerful are we talking about?

Just more knowledgable, better combative use. Most likely stronger force pushes and can actually use lightning.

SunRazer
You don't think he could easily ragdoll her?

chingchangwalla
You don't think he could easily ragdoll her?

Well if Vos can do it I suppose Tenebrous could

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Deronn_solo

SunRazer
Vader needs the lube for his mechanical joints to make sure he can move at all. Otherwise, he gets speedblitzed thumb up

carthage
Because blitzing non force sensitives is proof he can blitz Vader laughing out loud. He deflected omnidirectional blaster fire in the most recent issue of his comic with one hand, Tenebrous isn't blitzing shit.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You read the thread title?

chingchangwalla
Are 'The Tenebrous Way' and 'Plagueis' the only sources of info on Tenebrous?

Syndicate
Yep.

carthage
Nothing in canon is out of place with what he's capable of in Legends, he has plenty of speed feats to suggest he wouldn't get blitzed especially when Nova is legit trying to imply moving faster than baseline non force sensitives could perceive is equivalent to blitzing Vader who has already equalled that feat

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Syndicate
Yep.

Damn. I liked them both a lot, especially the Plagueis novel but it's still kinda hard to know how good Tenebrous is in combat :/

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Winebottle, you failed when you assumed Nova was being 100% literal/serious.

carthage

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean, Nova isn't completely retarded...right? smile

carthage
No not at all

MythLord
Tenebrous speedblitzes big grin

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Respond to my post in the Ragnos vs Anakin thread, Lord of the Myths. smile

SunRazer
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean, Nova isn't completely retarded...right? smile

You might think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.