Kressh vs. Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
Characters in their prime, Geonosian hangar, all-out.

Ziggystardust
Maul gets bricked.

The_Tempest
https://i.imgflip.com/16jo5p.jpg

The Ellimist
Maul, lol.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The_Tempest
https://i.imgflip.com/16jo5p.jpg

chingchangwalla
I don't know enough about Kressh to make an argument. All he did was lose to Sadow right? Anything else?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Maul, lol.

The poll says otherwise, bro.

Can Maul really match the ancient Sith's equivalent of Bob the Builder?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/fe/f9/e1/fef9e12b884ec05d34f1ccff6839de4e.jpg

^ Pictured above, Ludo and Naga in simpler times.

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
I don't know enough about Kressh to make an argument. All he did was lose to Sadow right? Anything else?

Don't forget the big statue. He crumbled a big statue.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by chingchangwalla

He has one of the best feats in the mythos according to Neph, crushing a big statue with the aid of nothing more than a nexus and an amulet.

EDIT: ninja'd

chingchangwalla
He has one of the best feats in the mythos according to Neph, crushing a big statue with the aid of nothing more than a nexus and an amulet.

EDIT: ninja'd

Oh lol

The Ellimist
The poll says otherwise, bro.

It was foretold that people would go against You:

More in number than the hairs of my head are those who hate me without cause; mighty are those who would destroy me, those who attack me with lies. What I did not steal must I now restore? O God, you know my folly; the wrongs I have done are not hidden from you.

The_Tempest
Skimming through ILS' magnum opus on Maul and that horned brother has a wealth of pretty sweet feats.

Dude ripped a varactyl's head off without the Force erm

The_Tempest
It was foretold that people would go against You:

More in number than the hairs of my head are those who hate me without cause; mighty are those who would destroy me, those who attack me with lies. What I did not steal must I now restore? O God, you know my folly; the wrongs I have done are not hidden from you.

Not me. Right now they risk incurring the wrath of ILS.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ludo Kressh's residual life force mind raped the exile. smile

The Ellimist
Maul would've survived where Kreesh did not. smile

The_Tempest
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111215016/4956759-3766569-maul%2Bbringing%2Bdown%2Bship.gif

or

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/4416488-1511431921-42612.png

mmm

That's like a big statue. I'm honestly tempted to vote for Kressh myself.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Mindraping the exile with residual life force > Maul. smile

The Ellimist
Maul with residual life-form came back from the dead and ragdolled Obi Wan. smile

The_Tempest
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Mindraping the exile with residual life force > Maul. smile

I'll wait to play thru that section of KOTOR2 rather than look it up on Youtube.

But even that aside, between statues and bricks, Kressh definitely has the masonry advantage. Not sure Maul can compensate.

Total Warrior
Maul imo

The_Tempest
'Tis a tie.

Arguments?

The Ellimist
The starship is bigger than the brick.

But also, Maul has the potential to be Sidious's successor, so his age by SoD (in his thirties, right?) should be enough to put him above some random ancient sith who could put up some sort of fight against a pre-prime Exar Kun, who is never implied to have ever had the potential to surpass Sidious.

Likewise, Maul is just a better trained and deadlier combatant, and has more close quarters abilities in his arsenal. He's also powerful enough in the Force to force such a duel. The only thing Ludo has going for him is if he can pull some sorcery out of his ass, or maybe if we let him use his amulets they could give him something.

The_Tempest
The starship is bigger than the brick.

But is it bigger than a big statue?

http://booklikes.com/upload/post/6/f/6f3d0addfb3f9612890a712a13172a85.gif

To play the devil's Advocate: given how inconsistent Force adepts manifest their Force potential, can we truly claim that Maul is > a guy who has no direct relation to the Banite line and is, therefore, probably exempt from that kind of scaling?

nedemette
Maul's potential is irrelevant. He never surpassed Sidious.

SunRazer
Actually, the residual life force of Kressh in the Tomb was so powerful that the Exile's companions couldn't enter and the Exile saw numerous Illusions, some of which she couldn't distinguish from reality.

Also, the entrance to the cave to the Tomb was already so powerful that all the way back from the ship, Kreia could feel its power and recommended the Exile not to enter.

I'd imagine Kressh is more powerful but I'd hand Maul the edge in sabers.

The Merchant
I imagine Kressh's gauntlet is more powerful than the one that he made for his son, which was strong enough to withstand turbolaser blasts and when Haazen wore it they needed a full bombing to take him down. Sadow is also better than Surik and KOTOR Jedi with the blade according to Traya.

carthage
Maul ragdolls

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by carthage
Maul ragdolls
thumb up

The_Tempest
Originally posted by SunRazer
Actually, the residual life force of Kressh in the Tomb was so powerful that the Exile's companions couldn't enter and the Exile saw numerous Illusions, some of which she couldn't distinguish from reality.

Also, the entrance to the cave to the Tomb was already so powerful that all the way back from the ship, Kreia could feel its power and recommended the Exile not to enter.

I'd imagine Kressh is more powerful but I'd hand Maul the edge in sabers.

Er... not following.

First, Kreia didn't say the tomb was too powerful for the Exile's companions to enter. {At least when I played.}

Second, Dagobah's cave did the same thing so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Third, that Kreia sensed its power from the Ebon Hawk isn't that impressive. Force users sense shit from interstellar distances.

Originally posted by The Merchant
I imagine Kressh's gauntlet is more powerful than the one that he made for his son, which was strong enough to withstand turbolaser blasts and when Haazen wore it they needed a full bombing to take him down. Sadow is also better than Surik and KOTOR Jedi with the blade according to Traya.

A brick to the face was enough to stagger him and draw blood. While equipped with amulets. And a dark side nexus.

Beniboybling
Second, Dagobah's cave did the same thing so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Tbh, and while Dagobah is supposed to be "one of the purest places in the galaxy", Korriban is saturated in the dark side, and Sith tombs were designed to focus and amplify these energies.

SunRazer
@Tempest - I didn't say Kreia said anything about the companions not being strong enough to enter. I'm saying right before you enter Kressh's Tomb, whatever companions you have with you will suddenly stop outside the Tomb and say that the dark side is too strong for them in there.

Secondly, Dagobah is a damn powerful nexus, considering it was compared to Dathomir, and the Dark Side Cave seems especially powerful.

Thirdly, I know. Still worth mentioning. It was obviously stronger in the dark side than the ruins of the Sith Academy.

ILS
How is Kressh's residual life force buffering Meetra any different from Maul's presence at Naboo giving Leia a vision decades after the fact? (Bearing in mind he didn't die there and the location isn't littered with trinkets and what not that'd he in Ludo's tomb).

Just curious.

The_Tempest
@Tempest - I didn't say Kreia said anything about the companions not being strong enough to enter. I'm saying right before you enter Kressh's Tomb, whatever companions you have with you will suddenly stop outside the Tomb and say that the dark side is too strong for them in there.

Secondly, Dagobah is a damn powerful nexus, considering it was compared to Dathomir, and the Dark Side Cave seems especially powerful.

Thirdly, I know. Still worth mentioning. It was obviously stronger in the dark side than the ruins of the Sith Academy.

You sure? I don't recall any of them saying anything like that.

The_Tempest
Bump for ILS. What's your take on this?

ILS
Bump for ILS. What's your take on this? Depends on what metric you want to use, e.g, in a contest of not getting hit by bricks, Maul stomps, 10/10.

The_Tempest
Sarcasm aside, who do you think wins?

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
How is Kressh's residual life force buffering Meetra any different from Maul's presence at Naboo giving Leia a vision decades after the fact? (Bearing in mind he didn't die there and the location isn't littered with trinkets and what not that'd he in Ludo's tomb).

Just curious.

Well, didn't Meetra actually fight illusions? Thats pretty different.

SunRazer
You sure? I don't recall any of them saying anything like that.

The companions? Yeah. I'm not sure if this is just when they're light-side aligned, but that's what happened when I played it. Then again, I had the M4-78 mod and the restored content mod.

EDIT: Yeah, it's probably TSLRCM. I watched a video of it without the mod and Kreia just says "you have to face it alone" and you stupidly just walk in by yourself, leaving your speechless companions at the entrance.

The restored content mod has your companions talking about how strong the dark side is and how they're not strong enough to go in. In fact, they even mention some "invisible wall" stopping them from going through. I'll try and find a video.

SunRazer
Originally posted by ILS

Just curious.

Well, the first thing is that Leia might've had a random Force Vision or seen things in a similar way to the Huntress - it's not so much Maul's residual life force to begin with. The trinkets and what not are noted (though I doubt Kressh's Tomb would've been exempt from the looters), but in Maul's case, Leia had a vision just decades after Maul's presence there, whilst Ludo had been dead for well over a millennium by now.

That being said, here's some video links for Kressh's Tomb in KotOR II:

https://youtu.be/mLrM-gZnWV8?t=256
https://youtu.be/4abK_fWmlrM
https://youtu.be/MF9AsXVuiSM

You can see that there's a marked difference. Leia just "feels cold" when she enters the Hangar, while Kressh's Tomb actually makes Meetra see Illusions that she can't distinguish from reality and she actually fights them (Kreia & Party, Revan etc.) There's also Illusions of the past that she does seem to recognize are Illusions. Ignore the Shyracks, they're living beasts that guard the Tombs.

And again, if we include the Mod, then the dark side is so strong that Meetra's companions are physically blocked from entering the Tomb. There was nothing of the sort in the Theed Hangar.

The_Tempest
The companions? Yeah. I'm not sure if this is just when they're light-side aligned, but that's what happened when I played it. Then again, I had the M4-78 mod and the restored content mod.

EDIT: Yeah, it's probably TSLRCM. I watched a video of it without the mod and Kreia just says "you have to face it alone" and you stupidly just walk in by yourself, leaving your speechless companions at the entrance.

The restored content mod has your companions talking about how strong the dark side is and how they're not strong enough to go in. In fact, they even mention some "invisible wall" stopping them from going through. I'll try and find a video.

Yeah, like I said, I didn't recall that.

SunRazer
You didn't play with the mod, though, did you?

The_Tempest
Nah. As we established in the BattleBar, mine was the vanilla game.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by The Merchant
I imagine Kressh's gauntlet is more powerful than the one that he made for his son,

Uh, why? The one he made for his son was rather obviously far superior.

SunRazer
Nah. As we established in the BattleBar, mine was the vanilla game.

Yeah, and I concluded that the comments from the companions only happen with the mod. Without it, they just stand there speechless as you run in by yourself.

The_Tempest
Feat-to-feat or even accolade-to-accolade, Kressh is absolutely and utterly annihilated here. To conclude it would be anything other than an outright stomp requires enormous magnanimity of the sort that I'm disinclined to offer since most of the people supporting Kressh wouldn't give a PT/OT character the benefit of the doubt if feats were otherwise lacking.

I'll probably cast my withheld vote for the Zabrak soon.

SunRazer
How's it an outright stomp "accolade-to-accolade"?

The Ellimist

Maul rivals Sidious in potential, tools several of the best Jedi in the prime of the Order, etc.

SunRazer
I knew you would bring up the potential with Sidious thing, which I don't really consider an accolade, but fair enough.

The_Tempest

Because all of Ludo's specific accolades that I'm aware of declare him to be one of the strongest aspirants to Ragnos's throne or some combination thereof whereas Maul is consistently referred to as one of the best ever.

SunRazer
Because all of Ludo's specific accolades that I'm aware of declare him to be one of the strongest aspirants to Ragnos's throne or some combination thereof whereas Maul is consistently referred to as one of the best ever.

Maul's consistently referred to as one of the most powerful Sith ever? I don't think so. He's only described as one of the most skilled Sith ever, IIRC.

Ludo's also one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever, per his penchant for Alchemy (The Dark Side Sourcebook), and the TOR Encyclopedia/codex, though that only goes up to TOR.

The Ellimist
How old was Kreesh when he bit the dust? I doubt Sidious would choose as the initial successor to the Banite line someone would be weaker past age 30 than some random failed challenger to Ragnos's throne.

SunRazer
Kressh's age is never specified but it can be inferred that he's much older than Maul.

The_Tempest
Maul's consistently referred to as one of the most powerful Sith ever? I don't think so. He's only described as one of the most skilled Sith ever, IIRC.

Ludo's also one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever, per his penchant for Alchemy (The Dark Side Sourcebook), and the TOR Encyclopedia/codex, though that only goes up to TOR.

Maul's consistently referred to as one of the most highly trained, skilled, and dangerous Sith Lords ever.

I believe the DSSB quote references the idea that "only the most powerful Sith" have a penchant for Sith alchemy, or some such, but then so do the reborn Emperor's obscure dark side adepts.

I don't doubt that Ludo would rank among the best ever. But whereas Ludo's would be shared among the likes of Cronal or other randoms, Maul's accolades are a bit more specific and impressive.

Deronn_solo
I think Maul's accolade as "one of the most dangerous Sith in the Order's history" speaks for his combined skill, and Force ability.

Edit: Never mind, Temp beat me to it.

SunRazer
Maul's consistently referred to as one of the most highly trained, skilled, and dangerous Sith Lords ever.

I believe the DSSB quote references the idea that "only the most powerful Sith" have a penchant for Sith alchemy, or some such, but then so do the reborn Emperor's obscure dark side adepts.

I don't doubt that Ludo would rank among the best ever. But whereas Ludo's would be shared among the likes of Cronal or other randoms, Maul's accolades are a bit more specific and impressive.

1. Once isn't "consistently". Also, that doesn't directly refer to Force Power, though Maul really should have some of those.

2. Eh. It does mention Sadow, Kun and Sidious specifically, though.

3. Cronal? Nah.

The_Tempest
1. Once isn't "consistently". Also, that doesn't directly refer to Force Power, though Maul really should have some of those.

2. Eh. It does mention Sadow, Kun and Sidious specifically, though.

3. Cronal? Nah.

1. Pretty sure it's about 3 times; I'll check. And in a world where Force power has a decisive advantage over technique in most situations, why would you think that one of the most dangerous Sith ever lacks power?

2. Yeah and The Old Republic Encyclopedia says that both Thanaton and Vitiate are "supremely powerful," but we know Vitiate would take Thanaton to the curb. Just because Kressh is mentioned in the same sentence as Kun or Palpatine doesn't mean he'd last longer than 3 seconds against them.

3. Cronal was the Emperor's chief monster maker, as I recall.

Zenwolf
Hm? Nova, you forget my DJ RT? Where Palps' Dark Adepts were doing all kinds of crazy Sith Alchemy experiments and such?

SunRazer
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Hm? Nova, you forget my DJ RT? Where Palps' Dark Adepts were doing all kinds of crazy Sith Alchemy experiments and such?

I couldn't have, since Zapan871 and I have been in a lot of PM discussions recently and we discuss a lot about what Palpatine's adepts can and can't do - including the (limited) creation and control of Force Storms.

SunRazer
1. Pretty sure it's about 3 times; I'll check. And in a world where Force power has a decisive advantage over technique in most situations, why would you think that one of the most dangerous Sith ever lacks power?

2. Yeah and The Old Republic Encyclopedia says that both Thanaton and Vitiate are "supremely powerful," but we know Vitiate would take Thanaton to the curb. Just because Kressh is mentioned in the same sentence as Kun or Palpatine doesn't mean he'd last longer than 3 seconds against them.

3. Cronal was the Emperor's chief monster maker, as I recall.

1. Never said he was lacking in power, only that the quote itself doesn't necessarily indicate immense power. I mean, if he has only a passable amount of power but is immensely skilled in the lightsaber and martial arts, as well as other stealth-based skills, and his fighting style is designed to counter Jedi specifically, would he still not be one of the most dangerous Sith ever?

And besides, this hardly "annihilates" Kressh's accolades.

2. Kressh wasn't mentioned there, but I know.

3. Kressh makes Gauntlets, not monsters. And his Gauntlet could protect someone from any of Cronal's monstrosities.

The_Tempest
1. Never said he was lacking in power, only that the quote itself doesn't necessarily indicate immense power.

Given that Maul exists, again, "in a world where Force power has a decisive advantage over technique in most situations," and is still considered a GOAT, I'd say it would almost have to indicate immense power.

I mean, if he has only a passable amount of power but is immensely skilled in the lightsaber and martial arts, as well as other stealth-based skills, and his fighting style is designed to counter Jedi specifically, would he still not be one of the most dangerous Sith ever?

Unlikely. But even if so, we know from other considerations that Maul's clearly not lacking in raw power. And since the question about his power is really relative to Kressh's power, I'll remind you that Maul demonstrates far greater "power" than Kressh ever has.

2. Kressh wasn't mentioned there, but I know.

Just saying.

3. Kressh makes Gauntlets, not monsters. And his Gauntlet could protect someone from any of Cronal's monstrosities.

And I'm not saying Kressh wouldn't beat Cronal. I'm just saying if you're hinging your entire placement of Kressh based on the comment from the DSSB, any number of obscure dark side adepts could potentially qualify given their penchant for Sith alchemy.

No matter how you slice it, Maul's accolades are better.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The gauntlet of Kressh is insanely potent.

Zenwolf
It is pretty ridiculous, kinda wish we saw more alchemy created trinkets/armor and the like.

Actually, I would have loved to seen a Sith Lord fully decked out in alchemy related items.

SunRazer
Given that Maul exists, again, "in a world where Force power has a decisive advantage over technique in most situations," and is still considered a GOAT, I'd say it would almost have to indicate immense power.

Sure, but to an extent that hugely outclasses Kressh? I doubt it. What do you make of Kressh's Tomb feats, anyway?

You're going into feats territory now. I'm discussing accolades, and Maul's power accolades hardly annihilate Kressh's.

Fair enough. Though many of these dark side adepts do have more exposure to the dark side's more arcane arts than Maul.

Not by the margin you were suggesting earlier.

The_Tempest
Sure, but to an extent that hugely outclasses Kressh? I doubt it.

Being declared decisively and multiple times as a GOAT contender hugely outclasses anything I've seen ascribed to Kressh's name. But idrgaf about Kressh so there could always be something I missed, in which case you're welcome to prove me wrong.

What do you make of Kressh's Tomb feats, anyway?

Very little. Kressh's tomb sits on a potent dark side nexus that has been occupied by countless Sith Lords in the centuries since his death, which may have very well altered the magnitude of the Tomb's power, either by augmenting it or diminishing it.

You're going into feats territory now. I'm discussing accolades, and Maul's power accolades hardly annihilate Kressh's.

Of course they do. The only quote you've deigned to offer touting Kressh's power is an indirect one that lauds the power of anyone with a penchant for Sith alchemy. Which, as I've already explained to you, could potentially account for random flunkies like Cronal or Jeng Droga or Sate Pestage.

Fair enough. Though many of these dark side adepts do have more exposure to the dark side's more arcane arts than Maul.

And I doubt few, if any, remotely register to Maul on the power scale.

Not by the margin you were suggesting earlier.

Nah, I stand by it.

And regarding the consistency of Maul's accolades, this is all I could find in regards. Many of my sources were physical copies I no longer have on hand, so perhaps someone else could verify?

SunRazer
Being declared decisively and multiple times as a GOAT contender hugely outclasses anything I've seen ascribed to Kressh's name. But idrgaf about Kressh so there could always be something I missed, in which case you're welcome to prove me wrong.

Well, the entombed Sith Lords on Korriban are supposed to be some of the most powerful ever (per TOR Encyclopedia and stuff that doesn't go up to Maul's time). That's an accolade that puts Kressh in standing with people that aren't Cronal or Sate Pestage or whatever.

If it diminished its power, then that'd be an incredible feat for Kressh, but its almost certainly augmentation.

There's also this:

"Sith acolytes spill blood and prove their strength in the mausoleums of history's most powerful and legendary Sith Lords."

-- The Old Republic Encyclopedia

And that refers to the likes of Hord, Ragnos, Pall, etc, not Cronal or Jeng Droga.

For the record, Kressh and Sadow are the most powerful Sith Lords in the galaxy after Ragnos' death, which puts them above a young Vitiate, who, as a teen, dominated every Sith Lord on his planet and, and as a baby, drove his Sith Lord father insane before Severing him from the Force. He would've only grown in the 113 years since, and Kressh/Sadow were still his superiors.

Agreed.

Interesting. People only mention the Fact File one, not the one in the Ultimate Visual Guide, which I do have, so I'll have to check it.

The_Tempest
I'm mobile, so I shan't be properly formatting.

1. Only because Cronal, et al. aren't Sith and wouldn't be considered such even if their power exceeded the Sith in question.

2. Yeah, it's pretty hard to directly correlate the tomb's potency to Kressh's own and then try to situate him against someone like Maul.

3. Or perhaps Vitiate isn't included because he never attempted to usurp power until after the Great Hyperspace War. He wasn't an aspirant.

4. Feel free. As I said, most of my physical copies of Visual Dictionaries and Guides are no longer on hand.

MS Warehouse
Why don't we agree that Kressh wears his gaunlet and doesn't let Maul near him?

/Close Thread

The_Tempest
Nah, Kressh wearing his gauntlet couldn't repel a brick. Maul stomps. smile

SunRazer
I'm mobile, so I shan't be properly formatting.

1. Only because Cronal, et al. aren't Sith and wouldn't be considered such even if their power exceeded the Sith in question.

2. Yeah, it's pretty hard to directly correlate the tomb's potency to Kressh's own and then try to situate him against someone like Maul.

3. Or perhaps Vitiate isn't included because he never attempted to usurp power until after the Great Hyperspace War. He wasn't an aspirant.

4. Feel free. As I said, most of my physical copies of Visual Dictionaries and Guides are no longer on hand.

1. As you suggesting that Cronal, Jeng Droga etc. compare in power to the likes of Sadow? laughing out loud

2. True.

3. No, there's quotes claiming that they were the most powerful Sith Lords in the galaxy, not just the most powerful of the Sith aspirants.

4. I haven't checked yet. I'll get back to you when I do.

MS Warehouse

Pretty sure when Haazen was wearing it, you couldn't touch the ****er.

SunRazer

Kressh wasn't wearing the gauntlet, and the brick was being directed by Naga Sadow, destroyer of stars smilesmilesmile

Ziggystardust
Nova = the latest antediluvian.

Can you now admit that Sion is >>> Maul?

The_Tempest
1. Not at all, calm down. I'm simply pointing out to you that Cronal, et al. aren't Sith Lords and so even if their power were greater than the likes of Kressh, et al., the accolade wouldn't be relevant.

2. 👍

3. I don't doubt it.

4. Cool.

Jmanghan
Naga Sadow and Kressh are pretty much equals, the line seperating their power is too thin for words, and thats based on showings, not hype.

So all the hype haters can stfu.

The_Tempest
All you're doing is indicting Sadow, not lauding Kressh.

Jmanghan
No, because the force feats of Sadow are superior to Maul.

The_Tempest
Even generously assuming that were true, that pertains to Kressh how? Kressh was losing the duel and none of the powers he demonstrated were remotely close to Maul's.

By all means, regale me with tales of bricks and statues.

Ziggystardust
It's amazing watching how tempest changed his tune throughout this thread.

Just from the revelation that Kun was able to move Naga Sadow's flagship laughing

Can't let those ancients get to powerful, now can we...

SunRazer
1. Not at all, calm down. I'm simply pointing out to you that Cronal, et al. aren't Sith Lords and so even if their power were greater than the likes of Kressh, et al., the accolade wouldn't be relevant.

2. 👍

3. I don't doubt it.

4. Cool.

1. Sure, but Kressh is still one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history, and the scale this time includes the likes of Sadow, Hord, Muur and Ragnos.

3. So what was that about before? Anyways, Kressh being more powerful than a 113-year old Vitiate is pretty good, since he Mindraped and Severed his Sith Lord father at what, two?

4. Great.

The_Tempest
1. And Maul is one of the most dangerous and skilled and trained and deadliest Sith in a time that includes Palpatine lol.

2. Just pointing out that Kressh being one of the most powerful aspirants to Ragnos's throne doesn't inherently make him better than someone who wasn't an aspirant to Ragnos's throne. But you say Kressh is declared as the most powerful in general, so there's that.

3. Awesome.

Jmanghan
Even generously assuming that were true, that pertains to Kressh how? Kressh was losing the duel and none of the powers he demonstrated were remotely close to Maul's.

By all means, regale me with tales of bricks and statues. The fight was a complete Stalment, Sadow didn't win, and neither did Kressh.

Who cares, him being comparable to Sadow AUTOMATICALLY puts him above Maul in the force.

He's going to lose sabers, but thats expected.

SunRazer
1. And Maul is one of the most dangerous and skilled and trained and deadliest Sith in a time that includes Palpatine lol.

It refers to galactic history, and there was nothing that implies relevance to Palpatine.

Well, not "the" most powerful, but top 2, which is still above Vitiate.

The_Tempest
It refers to galactic history, and there was nothing that implies relevance to Palpatine.

Well, not "the" most powerful, but top 2, which is still above Vitiate.

1. Given that Palpatine exists in that history (along side the Sadows and Kresshes), it absolutely does.

2. Do you have the quotes and sources handy?

SunRazer
1. There's vastly more fodder than big guns in terms of the history of the Sith - the acolytes that were declared "Dark Lords" by the Brotherhood of Darkness, the fodder Sith during the Jedi Civil War, the Great Galactic War, the Legacy era, etc.

2. Never mind, it only refers to the aspirants. Quite underwhelming, really. There's only Sadow being the most powerful of the Sith upon becoming Dark Lord, but he's obviously above Ludo as well.

The_Tempest
1. There's vastly more fodder than big guns in terms of the history of the Sith - the acolytes that were declared "Dark Lords" by the Brotherhood of Darkness, the fodder Sith during the Jedi Civil War, the Great Galactic War, the Legacy era, etc.

2. Never mind, it only refers to the aspirants. Quite underwhelming, really. There's only Sadow being the most powerful of the Sith upon becoming Dark Lord, but he's obviously above Ludo as well.

Due to the passage of time, sure. But Maul is also being compared against an updated history that includes plenty of big names post-Kressh, including the likes of Sidious and Plagueis.

Ok.

So all this aside, it seems to point to Maul having a decisive advantage in all contexts of examination. He's got the feats and the accolades. What respectable argument is there to be made for Kressh?

The_Tempest
Bump.

Would be interesting to get Unbowed's take on this.

JKBart
Maul murders

Beniboybling
Maul bricks.

Ursumeles
Maul

Azronger
Yeah, Maul.

Ursumeles
Up

smile

Azronger
Ludo gets bricked.

MythLord
Kressh. smile

Ursumeles
yes

Azronger
I'm pretty sure even Maul can beat this guy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.