Shaak Ti survives order 66 in Canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
I was reading the canon page of Jedi order in wookiepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Order and Ti is stated to be alive. The source of this is the book Star Wars 9: Showdown in the smuggler's moon part 2. Does someone have the exact line where she's stated to be alive?

Zenwolf
She appears in a holocron, nothing states that she's alive. In fact, it's more the opposite.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JkiY16AMAC0/VfmJzhurpKI/AAAAAAAP-GQ/6ags2CKdx5M/s1600/49_15.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-c6xbWoOjRbI/VfmJz939nyI/AAAAAAAP-GM/vUrygyEKLXs/s1600/49_16.jpg

Selenial
Are you sure there's no line that mentions otherwise?

I've been working on the assumption she's dead. Deleted scenes are supposed to be canon unless contradicted, and the script edits by Lucas and the Novel contradict her death by Grievous' hand. Even still, I took that as being she was supposed to die in Episode III, we just don't know how, so assume she's dead.

Zenwolf
Nah that's her only appearance in the comic and nowhere else does it mention her.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Selenial
Are you sure there's no line that mentions otherwise?

I've been working on the assumption she's dead. Deleted scenes are supposed to be canon unless contradicted, and the script edits by Lucas and the Novel contradict her death by Grievous' hand. Even still, I took that as being she was supposed to die in Episode III, we just don't know how, so assume she's dead.
I thought Yoda had a vision of RotS Vader killing her.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I thought Yoda had a vision of RotS Vader killing her.

He did.

https://youtu.be/IdWIOiOHXNs?t=46

Though the scans above I put, suggest she survived the Temple attack at least given she was able to make a Holocron and tell whoever found it/opened it, that they were the last hope for the Jedi. I don't get why they do this to Ti, if they still show Anakin killing her in the Temple but whatever.

Total Warrior
Mmm, in that link I posted it's clearly said that she was one of those jedi who survived the first phase of the purge alongside Uvell and Luminara ( it's written in the paragraph talking about order 66).Well, if you are sure that there isn't any other mention on her fate I guess she was killed during operation knightfall and that's just a mistake

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Mmm, in that link I posted it's clearly said that she was one of those jedi who survived the first phase of the purge alongside Uvell and Luminara ( it's written in the paragraph talking about order 66).Well, if you are sure that there isn't any other mention on her fate I guess she was killed during operation knightfall and that's just a mistake

Well Wookieepedia isn't the most accurate wiki ya know. Gotta check dem sources.

Given though the comic scans, suggest she did at least survive the Temple attack(despite TCW showing her exact death scene in the Temple by Vader) to make a holocron and saying whoever found it to be their last hope.

Because otherwise, that holocron saying doesn't really make much sense.

MythLord
Yoda's vision doesn't have to be 100% correct; it has Mace Windu, Agen Kolar and Obi-Wan fighting Clones together; Eeth Koth dying to Sidious instead of Kolar, etc. It is suppose to be a vague-enough warning of what might happen.

Zenwolf
Also true.

MythLord
So that opens up the possibility of Shaak being alive. Which makes me happy big grin

Zenwolf
Originally posted by MythLord
So that opens up the possibility of Shaak being alive. Which makes me happy big grin

Until she dies sometime later of course and the Hutt gets the holocron from her.

MythLord
That could've happened any time from 19 BBY to 0-1 ABY, tbh.

Total Warrior
Also I'm glad to see they made the first conflict between Sith and Jedi canon again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.