OT Era Ranking List

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syndicate
Notes: I will not be listing entities above Valkorian in this list or lists like this one in the future.

1. Sidious: While a master of all lightsaber forms and the most powerful force user in the Galaxy at the time I feel that his apprentice surpasses him in technical skill due to the Emperor having little opportunity to employ his saber skills throughout the decades since his mastery of the forms. Still Sidious is the most powerful being in the Galaxy at this time supported by his musings of dismantling the Imperial Palace and his ability to create Force Storms by this point in time.

2. Vader: Though Vader faced challenges adjusting to the limitations of his suit and his own mental state after the events of RotS the Dark Lord became more powerful then he ever was as Anakin Skywalker despite the limitations imposed on his potential. Such examples of this power include collapsing a cathedral containing a labyrinth beneath it before subsequently growing in power in the years between that feat and Return of the Jeid. Vader is without a doubt the most technically skilled duelist of the OT era having both the knowledge and experience of Jedi General, Anakin Skywalker and Supreme Commander of the Imperial Navy, Darth Vader. Turning his handicaps into advantages Vader reworked his fighting style to incorporate 4 forms of lightsaber combat ( Soresu, Makashi, Ataru and Djem So ) in a reworked variant of Djem So. Vader is also one of the most physically powerful characters in the mythos, crushing stone pillars by flexing his force enhanced cybernetics along with other incredible superhuman feats.

3. Galen Marek: One of the most powerful Force users in Galactic history it is my belief that the onetime apprentice of Darth Vader exceeded his master, even as of RotJ, in raw force power, though not by much. His feats are nearly unparalleled in the mythos only being rivaled by the the likes of Vader+ tier force users. As for lightsaber combat he was able to tire Vader as of TFU out in a duel despite having fought his way through Imperial forces shortly beforehand and being injured days beforehand placing him as one of the best duelists of the era. His physicals are even greater then what you'd expect from a Force user possibly above Vader in potency and a youth in his physical prime. He has survived blows from objects that would have killed any non force sensitive and even tanked lightsaber wounds before being rebuilt even stronger then before. His endurance feats are some of the best in the mythos only being rivaled by Vader and Maul. He has matched Vader's strength and exceeded him in speed. He's even been stated to have the potential of Luke Skywalker someone thought to have had the potential of the Chosen One by George Lucas.

Gethzerion: Successor of Talzin as the leader of the Nightsister clan on Dathomir she seems to have inherited her predecessors power as she was viewed to be a great enough threat by Sidious to warrant putting the planet on lock down and sealing it off from the rest of the Galaxy. Her feats support her hinted at capabilities as she is able to call down lightning storms, hurl boulders and even dominated a post RotJ Luke Skywalkers ( who was admittedly caught off guard ). Truly an impressive Force users and one that rivals the likes of Prime Vader and other top tiers of the era.

TBA: Cronal, Luke, Jerec, Ferus, Kar Vastor, Rahm Kota, Shaak Ti, Kazdan Paratus, etc.

Requests: For more obscure characters like X1 and X2 I'd ask experts such as FatedXtasy for their imput. It would be appreciated greatly.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Syndicate
I will not be listing entities above Valkorian

confused

Syndicate
"entities"

I don't care about the Valk/Sidious squabble.

The Ellimist
Everyone's an entity. ;p

But fair enough. Pretty good list.

IMHO:

1. Sidious
2. Vader
3. Galen Marek
4. Yoda
5. Luke

Don't know enough about Gethzerion.

Syndicate
Basically pretty good feats that put her around Vader level as a force user. No saber feats that I know of though her augmentation should line up with her Force ability ( though as you likely know that's not always the case ).

Lol. I almost forgot Yoda.

Fated Xtasy
Bud, I've got more info for X7 not the other two XD

Although I'd Rank Ferus above Vader purely on potential given Sheevs comments about how he'll surprass Vader and how he basically outranked Grand Inquisitor Hydra

Emperordmb
Yeah... that didn't remotely work out for Ferus LOL

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah... that didn't remotely work out for Ferus LOL

Eh. No, still Palpatine genuinely wanted them to fight, whoever would have won would become his apprentice.

I believe Ferus after Reckoning was considerably stronger than he was in Rebel Force tbh. I wish that Jude would answer the emails tbfh

Syndicate
Hey Jude...

Why don't you answer...

Any of your!

E-ee-emaaiiillls?

Just one response...

Fated Xtasy
Hey Jude...

Why don't you answer...

Any of your!

E-ee-emaaiiillls?

Just one response...

LMFAO **** off XD.

The Queen of Ataru finds me unworthy sad

Nephthys
Considering Yoda is relatively near death, how capable would he still be?

Syndicate
I wouldn't imagine he'd be all that capable but apparently he was capable of aerobatics in the ESB comics.

SunRazer
Ferus was utterly crushed by Vader, so he doesn't belong anywhere near him. The fight in Reckoning was literally just Vader toying with Ferus and still dodging his attacks with laughable ease, then Ferus unbalancing Vader emotionally, getting wrecked by Vader's TK, running away to dispose of the holocron, and being Choked out by Vader.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by SunRazer
Ferus was utterly crushed by Vader, so he doesn't belong anywhere near him. The fight in Reckoning was literally just Vader toying with Ferus and still dodging his attacks with laughable ease, then Ferus unbalancing Vader emotionally, getting wrecked by Vader's TK, running away to dispose of the holocron, and being Choked out by Vader.

Except those times were Vader had his wing clipped. In any case, Sheev was legitimately considering him as an Apprentice and Vader saw him as a legitimate threat.

The whole "unbalanced" shit is pretty much redundant when it was an "unbalanced" Anakin that utterly trounced Dooku, so lets cut the shit yeah?

Not to mention that the sith literally thrive off their Dark rage to empower them, and it is very specifically stated in the Dark Lord trilogy that Vader's great anger is what makes him extremely powerful.

EDIT: Btdubs, not angry or anything, just letting the curse words flow since I've been chilling with my family and baby sister

SunRazer
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Except those times were Vader had his wing clipped. In any case, Sheev was legitimately considering him as an Apprentice and Vader saw him as a legitimate threat.

Vader toying with Ferus a bit too much and getting his cape snipped by Ferus' lightsaber must mean that Ferus > Vader. Oh, wait, what about the times when Vader "simply wasn't there" when Ferus attacked him?

Ferus' potential doesn't put him above Vader unless he reaches it. Unless RotS Anakin > Sidious, Maul > Sidious, etc. Stupid argument considering Ferus doesn't have any non-circumstantial feats that even remotely approach Vader and he was stomped every time he fought Vader. The idea that potential alone merits putting X above Y is ludicrous unless you rank TPM Anakin above DE Sidious. You can't say that Ferus is above Vader because Palpatine said it'd happen one day. Palpatine says a lot of things, not all of them true - and Vader's fights with Ferus aren't indicative of Ferus's superiority in the slightest.

An unbalanced Anakin also struggled against Obi-Wan and Dooku (until Palpatine egged on his Super Saiyan mode). It goes both ways, and the rage clearly made Vader mistime one of his blocks which let Ferus hit him. Other than that, Ferus wasn't anywhere close to winning. It's partly successful Dun Moch, as Dooku's was against Anakin.

That great anger also had him slamming Ferus into the wall, so I'm fine with that.

Couldn't care less how much you swore, since you haven't proven the square root of jack shit.

carthage
Calm down Nova no need to use profanity

Fated Xtasy
Vader toying with Ferus a bit too much and getting his cape snipped by Ferus' lightsaber must mean that Ferus > Vader.
The **** are you on about?

I don't think Ferus>Vader? I said in outright pure potential, not combatively, not telekinetically, just potential, and only when it comes to Darth Vader.

Oh yes, I'm sure Vader was just standing there when Ferus was monologuing internally, it's not like the Author herself has characters continue dueling despite going off on a totally different tangent.

Yadayada, Don't care. What you are so quaintly ignoring, is that I am merely talking about potential If i were talking about the power of these characters as is, I wouldn't be saying Ferus has more potential than Vader would I, so red herring on your part.

And those duels were pretty ****ing brill weren't they? Given how they're used as a measuring stick when comparing Anakin to other duelists.

That supposedly should have killed him but didn't, I know, I'm fine with that too.

Coolio

SunRazer
The **** are you on about?

I don't think Ferus>Vader? I said in outright pure potential, not combatively, not telekinetically, just potential, and only when it comes to Darth Vader.

Except you said above:

"Although I'd Rank Ferus above Vader purely on potential given Sheevs comments about how he'll surprass Vader and how he basically outranked Grand Inquisitor Hydra"

You're reaching immensely and you're getting aggressive over people pointing out the holes in your arguments.

This is obviously a ranking of effective, actualized power and combat capabilities, not potential, which is why I'm calling you out for putting Ferus over Vader solely on the merits of his supposed potential.

A little less of the drugs and a bit more of the attention would do you wonders. I never said anything about Vader standing there. I'm quoting an extract from the book which describes Vader dodging Ferus' blows so quickly that he suddenly vanishes (from Ferus' perspective) when Ferus attacks him.

Red herring? Again, I quote:

"Although I'd Rank Ferus above Vader purely on potential given Sheevs comments about how he'll surprass Vader and how he basically outranked Grand Inquisitor Hydra".

A pretty silly case considering this isn't a comparison of potential but actualized and effective power/combative capacity, as I mentioned above. Potential has nothing to do with it, or else Luke belongs above Vader and heck, Palpatine as well because of his "potential" and "Sheev's comments about how he'll surpass Vader (and himself)".

"I concede" is much easier to type out.

Yet again you fail to follow the discussion. I'm mentioning those examples because Anakin underperformed in them.

You know what else is a measuring stick? Ferus' losses to Vader.

If Vader did kill Ferus, that'd only make your case more laughable. Oh, wait, he did.

That you're cool with not having proven anything doesn't exactly merit you a Nobel Prize, but whatever.

To sum up, the OP's clearly not making a list based on potential or character comments, but effectively displayed power. Hence, Ferus doesn't belong anywhere near Vader, and the idea that he belongs above Vader solely on the merits of his potential as you stated above is pretty ****ing laughable.

carthage
Such anger

SunRazer
Originally posted by carthage
Such anger

Anger? Over a forum discussion?

You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

carthage
UknowIkid

Fated Xtasy
Except you said above:

"Although I'd Rank Ferus above Vader purely on potential given Sheevs comments about how he'll surprass Vader and how he basically outranked Grand Inquisitor Hydra"

You're reaching immensely and you're getting aggressive over people pointing out the holes in your arguments.

He'll surpass Vader, solely in potential, those are Sheevs exact words. I am not reaching, I simply stated that I'd rank above Vader based purely on potential given that Sheev speculates, that one day, Ferus will surpass Darth Vader in power.

And I emphasized that my ranking of Ferus is based solely on Potential, way to look like an imbecile.

Yes, and little more reading would make you look like less of an imbecile.

And I was simply referring to the fact that Ferus monologues to himself whilst fighting Vader, which means they obviously continued to fight.

Buy yourself some new glasses, it seems you can't quite read. Over and over I say this is based purely on potential, I never read the OP, I simply commented on how Ferus has a greater potential than Vader. So quit your bitching.

It seems even an idiot can do it.

K

K, just remember that Vader killed An'ya before he killed Ferus yes

about ten years later, after the latter owned the best hunter the Empire had, was injured by said hunter, had his power dwindle and had not used a lightsaber in several years.

Let's not forget Vader expected to end the duel quick and was surprised that such was not the case.

Why you take this so personally, escapes me, but whatever.

SunRazer
He'll surpass Vader, solely in potential, those are Sheevs exact words. I am not reaching, I simply stated that I'd rank above Vader based purely on potential given that Sheev speculates, that one day, Ferus will surpass Darth Vader in power.

"One day" is not now. How hard is that to understand?

And I emphasized that potential is not relevant to these rankings, several times now. Get off the drugs.

Because ignoring what the other person says and repeating yourself doesn't make you look like an imbecile, does it?

That has nothing to do with my point.

I've never had to wear glasses, thankfully.

On the other hand, if you're going to take drugs, then take some that don't destroy your mental capacity so utterly. You didn't just "comment on how Ferus has more potential than Vader", you said the potential alone makes it worth ranking him over Vader, which is hilariously stupid. I'm pointing that out makes it bitching? I'm sorry, so people can't attempt to disprove others on this forum because then it'd be considered bitching?

Man, get some thicker skin. How do you even shower? The water probably goes through your skin and floods your organs.

And you can't do that, so what does that make you?

You must have me mistaken for someone else. I couldn't care less about An'ya. Well, she's interesting, but I don't wank her.

Great. Focus on the discussion here.

Still doesn't justify ranking Ferus over Vader, considering that it happens in Vader vs any Jedi.

I'm not taking this personally. There's no point to taking it personally when you're on an internet forum having discussions with people you don't even know in real life. You just need to grow thicker skin - you're not a fetus, despite the fact that an outsider would draw that conclusion based on your comments in this thread.

Since you don't seem to understand what's going on, let me put it this way:

1. You said that Ferus is worth ranking over Vader just because of the potential perceived in him by Sidious.

2. I'm saying that this list is based on current, effective, actualized and realized power. Not potential.

3. Hence, ranking Ferus over Vader is stupid.

And even if you weren't talking about the OP, nobody ever ranks X over Y just because X has more potential. From now on, I'm expecting you to have TPM Anakin and ANH Luke >>>>> Palpatine.

Fated Xtasy
Taking this to PM

Emperordmb
Why? Don't want everyone else to see the public rapeage nova is dishing out?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Why? Don't want everyone else to see the public rapeage nova is dishing out?

A product of miscommunication on my end.

I am sorry for not being able to express my thought as best as I could Nova, I have had issues with that in the past. I hope that you at least now understand what it is i actually meant.

Again, I'm sorry for going over board. It was uncalled for and foolish. I apologize.

carthage
1. Sidious
2. Vader or Luke

Totally depends on if Luke surpassed Vader in power as well as skill,

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by carthage
1. Sidious
2. Vader or Luke

Totally depends on if Luke surpassed Vader in power as well as skill,

Does OT take into account stuff like DE and the JA trilogy?

SunRazer
I'm tempted to say "you're forgiven", but Ant'll give me shit for that. So:

*deep, manly voice* I'm glad we've gotten that straightened out. *rolls up sleeves*

carthage
I assume only up to ROTJ

Fated Xtasy
I'm tempted to say "you're forgiven", but Ant'll give me shit for that. So:

*deep, manly voice* I'm glad we've gotten that straightened out. *rolls up sleeves*

Too late, I've read "you are forgiven"

Now ant will give you shit for days. hypocrite

Syndicate
Nova. Fated's statement was pretty clear. He said he was going to put Ferus above Vader solely based on potential. I think you misinterpreted and took it as your cue to press an issue that you yourself had made.

Emp, you're my friend but honestly that was really uncalled for. You know who was in the wrong here and it gets frustrating to see you two snipe at each other constantly with no other reason then to continue the conflict. You know I like both you and Fated so I'd ask you two to set your feud aside. You wonder why Fated takes shots at you? Well, this is why. You might excuse that by saying he started it but honestly that's a child's retort. Just end it already.

Fated Xtasy
Nova. Fated's statement was pretty clear. He said he was going to put Ferus above Vader solely based on potential. I think you misinterpreted and took it as your cue to press an issue that you yourself had made..

I see it as partially my fault too so lets leave that be.

*Takes out Tanto

Seppuku?

carthage
I'm also curious if Yoda declined or increased in power at this time

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Gethzerion > Galen and Vader smile

Syndicate
Not at all.

SunRazer
Nova. Fated's statement was pretty clear. He said he was going to put Ferus above Vader solely based on potential. I think you misinterpreted and took it as your cue to press an issue that you yourself had made.

And I was talking about why it was inappropriate for this thread.

SunRazer
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Gethzerion > Galen and Vader smile

Nah, Vader's canonically more powerful than her by ESB.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.