Revan, Dooku and Bane vs Vader, Galen and Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syndicate
Dooku has his Vjun amp.
Bane has orbalisks.
Morales off ( I.E. no jobbing ).
Fight takes place in the hangar of the Invisible Hand.
Standard equipment.

chingchangwalla
Revan and co win

carthage
Bane gets oneshot by anyone on team 2

chingchangwalla
Oh shit Lel, I didn't see Vader was on team 2.

Syndicate
Is his team powerful enough to carry him?

DarthAnt66
Team 2.

Syndicate
Woah. Damn Ant. I'm flabbahgasted.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Syndicate
Is his team powerful enough to carry him?

No, only Revan could at least compete with anyone on team 2.

Syndicate
thumb up

Syndicate
Thoughts ching?

chingchangwalla
Thoughts ching?

Yeah team 2. Dooku can last a little while but he'll soon get overwhelmed. It'll soon be Revan vs the other three and he can't handle that.

Deronn_solo
Team 2. Revan could (emphasis on could) very well be superior to anyone on the opposite team, but his partners would be beat emphatically by anyone on team 2.

NewGuy01
Team 2.

The Ellimist
Caedus could solo. Any two on team 2 win.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Caedus could solo.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2183253/sillynbaplayers.gif

vox
Team 2 Stomp

Nephthys
Team 2 doesn't stomp, they lose. Orb Bane takes Galen, Revan takes Caedus and Vjun Dooku can at least hang with Vader though personally I think he'd beat him.

Deronn_solo
LMAO.

Nephthys
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

The Ellimist
Neph is the type to actually believe this, so I'll take it seriously:

(I did miss the vjun amp for Dooku; that does make it somewhat closer)

Originally posted by Nephthys
Orb Bane takes Galen,

Has orbalisk Bane one-shotted AT-ATs, blasted away hundreds of soldiers with individual force pushes, or redirected falling star destroyers? No? Oops. He just has the distinction of being thirty generations behind Sidious.

rolling on floor laughing

1. Caedus is able to grievously injure, albeit lose to, an almost full capacity Luke in a saber duel. It's heavily implied that Revan and the strike team sent against him together could not have taken on Vitiate.

2. Caedus is explicitly above Vader, who is above Galen Marek, who can...well, you get the gist, right? Pony up some feats for Revan, or do some real powerscaling, or you're just talking out of your ass.

Vjun Dooku might defeat Vader, yes, but he isn't beating Caedus.

----

Even if you follow Ant's "I go by my gut and the latest video game I played" logic and put Revan over Caedus, there's no way Bane is lasting more than twenty seconds against Galen, who can then help either of his teammates secure the victory.

Nephthys
Lmao, why the **** would I ever debate this with you? laughing

The Ellimist
You're right, pretty much everyone acknowledges my superiority to you to the point where you would just be fighting a vertical battle from the start. smile

Nephthys
No joke, I actually clicked on quote and started formatting before I realised what I was doing and burst into laughter.

But yeah, no way can a Darth Bane encased in impenetrable armor last more than 20 seconds against Galen, as opposed to legendary figures like Rahm Kota, Kazdan Paratus, Shaak-Ti and Random Shadow Guard No 6.

The_Tempest
> gets upset when people don't back up their claims
> refuses to back up his claims

The Ellimist
If we're going by feats, you and I are well aware that you can't win one between Bane and Galen.

If we're going by accolades and powerscaling, all you have with you is that Bane is thirty generations below Sidious, while Galen at least rivals Sidious in potential and with Vader might threaten him - nothing in Bane's active favor.

So now all you have is essentially appealing to your gut, by circularly taking characters that faced Galen before his prime, assuming them to be weaker than Bane because they don't have their own trilogy and their names seem less menacing, and then scaling Galen downwards accordingly. thumb up

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
> gets upset when people don't back up their claims
> refuses to back up his claims

Yeah, how dare I not engage the guy who spends 70% of his time here trying to troll me. erm

carthage
Or maybe you're just shit at debating

The_Tempest
Yeah, how dare I not engage the guy who spends 70% of his time here trying to troll me. erm

Because you should back up your claims if you get upset when other people don't. Indulging in their behavior makes you a hypocrite.

Beyond that, I don't fault you for not wanting to respond to trolls. Letting them get a rise out of you in the first place helped make your current reputation among our fellows what it is.

Nephthys
Because you should back up your claims if you get upset when other people don't. Indulging in their behavior makes you a hypocrite.

Beyond that, I don't fault you for not wanting to respond to trolls. Letting them get a rise out of you in the first place helped make your current reputation among our fellows what it is.

When did I get upset when people don't back up claims? Not that thats the issue so much as the person challenging them.

Did you just call yourself a troll? Because I mean, that is pretty accurate to your sole contribution to these boards these days.

The_Tempest
When did I get upset when people don't back up claims? Not that thats the issue so much as the person challenging them.

Did you just call yourself a troll? Because I mean, that is pretty accurate to your sole contribution to these boards these days.

Didn't you just say that to me the other day about your double standards? "Back up what you say" or some such?

Put the claws away, my pet. I thought we were talking about your view of Ell, not your view of me. I'm indifferent to my reputation here; it's doing just fine, anyway.

EmperorSidious2
Team 2 comfortably

Nephthys
Didn't you just say that to me the other day about your double standards? "Back up what you say" or some such?

Put the claws away, my pet. I thought we were talking about your view of Ell, not your view of me. I'm indifferent to my reputation here; it's doing just fine, anyway.

I called you out on your pattern of claiming I've done something and then mysteriously failing to deliver. You know, like you're doing right now? Either way, I'm under no obligation to debate Ellimist, whereas if you say I've done something you should get called out on lying about that.

You literally just made a dig at me. Like, wtf man? erm

The_Tempest
I called you out on your pattern of claiming I've done something and then mysteriously failing to deliver. You know, like you're doing right now? Either way, I'm under no obligation to debate Ellimist, whereas if you say I've done something you should get called out on lying about that.

You literally just made a dig at me. Like, wtf man? erm

No one's lying. It's a charge that's been levied against you for many years, by many people.

No I didn't lol. I indicated that you have a reputation for reacting to trolls, which is 100% true.

It's ok. You don't have to respond to Ell, I agree. I just don't think you should, in the same breath, castigate people for not wanting to engage in a discussion they may find similarly pointless.

The Ellimist
I'm not going to get dragged into a pointless reputation war with Neph, as that would be too unfair, but just to humor him:

The funny distinction here is that I don't think I've ever refused to debate Neph when he's assailed my arguments, but Neph, who points fingers at others for trolling, frequently gives glib and one-liner responses to arguments he doesn't feel like addressing, which seems more like the bad elements of a "troll" to me.

Meanwhile, I create troll threads, but these are separate from my debating - I never invoke my trolling to run away from an argument like others *cough* Ant *cough* do.

It's also hilariously narcissistic that Neph thinks I create these threads just to troll him in particular.

Syndicate
Neph I think Ell is serious here. Don't you think it's a little hypocritical to not take him up on his offer of debate given your claims?

Deronn_solo
No sense in debating against cancer tier-logic --- which, is all, Eli seems to spit out with every post he makes.

The Ellimist
I love you <3

Deronn_solo
Awww, shit opinions aside, ily too. <3

Nephthys
Neph I think Ell is serious here. Don't you think it's a little hypocritical to not take him up on his offer of debate given your claims?

No, not even a little bit.

I'd be happy to do so with you if you want.

DarthAnt66
Neph has nothing he needs to prove to Elm, tbh.

Syndicate
No, not even a little bit.

I'd be happy to do so with you if you want.

I'm the OP and I happen to think this fight is fairly even which is why I made it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
After reading the OP, team 1, lmfao.

Nephthys
I'm the OP and I happen to think this fight is fairly even which is why I made it. It is, but I think team 1 edges it.

Petrus
Okay, let's see.

Caedus is above everyone on Team 1.

Galen can electrocute the shit out of Bane's Orbalisks and is above him in every way.

Vader is roughly on par with Revan, and Vjun Dooku might be on par with him also. That's pretty much all Team 1 has going for them, and it's not enough.

Team 2.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Gross.

Let's spin this another way.

Dooku holds off Caedus

Revan ends Galen

Bane ends Vader

Team 1

Petrus
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Gross.

Dooku holds off Caedus

Revan ends Galen

Bane ends Vader

Team 1

Damn. An hero method. smile

Dooku can't hold off Caedus long enough.

Revan vs. Galen would be a long fight.

Bane is definitely not ending Vader.

Team 2.

What else you got? smile

Deronn_solo
Cancer, LMAO.

Stick to NBA discussion, Skillz. You're pretty shit at Star Wars these days.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@Petrus: nah.

@DC: you've been taking L's for the past year or so fam, LMAO. Dooku with his Vjun amp is a higher class swordsman than Mace Windu entirely, Revan is most certainly above Galen lmao, (especially if we go by quotes like how Vader was going to, "house" Starkiller in TFU 3, that Revan pre prime had a greater command of the force than Darth Nihilus, etc,) and how exactly is Vader going to kill Orbalisk Bane by himself?

FreshestSlice
Gross.

Dooku holds off Caedus

Revan ends Galen

Bane ends Vader

Team 1
It's dangerous to go alone take this.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Those words are referencing that one starbomb Zelda song, I'm assuming? smilesmilesmile

FreshestSlice
If you're fugging retarded and don't realize that Zelda was a game maybe.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Know your place, Lifebringer.

Deronn_solo
Not really, but the miserable sure do loves company, KEK. thumb up

Given that Caedus is Mace > as a duelist, and far above as a Force user, I dunno why Dooku being above Mace is supposed to mean much.

I don't really know how much stock we should put in the opinion of a voice actor, especially when the writers have placed Marek on the same tier as Vader before, so meh is meh. Galen is going down, but it would be one hell of a fight.

As for Orbalisk Bane --- simple ---- Vader outdeuls him and take his head off or, or waits until Bane is stupid enough to fire his lighting and promptly reflect it back at him. Not to mention, Vader is above him in the Force by quite a fair amount.

Petrus
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Not really, but the miserable sure do loves company, KEK. thumb up

Given that Caedus is Mace > as a duelist, and far above as a Force user, I dunno why Dooku being above Mace is supposed to mean much.

I don't really know how much stock we should put in the opinion of a voice actor, especially when the writers have placed Marek on the same tier as Vader before, so meh is meh. Galen is going down, but it would be one hell of a fight.

As for Orbalisk Bane --- simple ---- Vader outdeuls him and take his head off or, or waits until Bane is stupid enough to fire his lighting and promptly reflect it back at him. Not to mention, Vader is above him in the Force by quite a fair amount.

smile

FreshestSlice
Know your place, Lifebringer.
Older than you, and therefore better.

The Ellimist
@Petrus: nah.

@DC: you've been taking L's for the past year or so fam, LMAO. Dooku with his Vjun amp is a higher class swordsman than Mace Windu entirely, Revan is most certainly above Galen lmao, (especially if we go by quotes like how Vader was going to, "house" Starkiller in TFU 3, that Revan pre prime had a greater command of the force than Darth Nihilus, etc,) and how exactly is Vader going to kill Orbalisk Bane by himself?

Even if we tossed away feats and accolades and put Revan above Galen on gut and hype, Vader could easily crush Bane's organs through his orbalisks. The power difference is too great; he could break Bane's arms and lob his head off.

Also Galen can attack Bane at the start while Vader attacks Revan, and since Galen is opening with lightning on the orbalisks it's not like Revan is jumping in front in time.

McP
Since I believe, that TOR characters are highly overated, I believe, that Revan is in the same league with Dooku, Mace and Vader. Vjun!Dooku should be at least a bit above them, near to Caedus (also overated, as there are no movies to prove that some sources are exaggerating his powers. He's probably still a strongest fighter here.
Bane is inferior to all of them, and FL from either Galen or Caedus will roast him.
Galen is also overated, and I believe that the Dark Side Ending is the most accurate version of his duel with Sidious (assuming that Sidious was serious). So, the people of Palp/Yodas caliber can stomp him. Either Revan or Vjun!Dooku should be able to - at least - beat him quite comfortable.
Very close fight, perhaps even split.

cs_zoltan
Vader is not in the same tier as Mace and Dooku tho.

McP
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Even if we tossed away feats and accolades and put Revan above Galen on gut and hype, Vader could easily crush Bane's organs through his orbalisks. The power difference is too great; he could break Bane's arms and lob his head off.

I'm not sure of that. There is possibility that Orbalisks could instantly heal him. And I doubt, that Vader would be able to lob Bane's head off.
Despit his all hype, and sills, Vader desn't strike me as a warrior. I mean, he doesn't have any great feats in a duels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.