Was Mother Talzin made too Powerful?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
I have no problem with Mother Talzin being powerful but if some Nightmother from Dathomir is making Darth Sidious shit himself, something's wrong. Hell she even holds her own for a few seconds against Mace Windu in sabers which is ludicrous!
I just refuse to believe someone like Sidious would feel threatened by some witch magic :/

Zenwolf
While she was only that powerful on Dathomir? Not really. The SWU is a big place, not unreasonable that there can't be powerful characters that aren't Jedi or Sith.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Zenwolf
While she was only that powerful on Dathomir? Not really.

What do you mean?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
What do you mean?

She's only that powerful while on Dathomir.

chingchangwalla
Oh right :/

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
The SWU is a big place, not unreasonable that there can't be powerful characters that aren't Jedi or Sith.

Yep. The Zillo Beast would stomp Sidious, Talzin, Yoda and Mace combined.

As would the Father, Son or Daughter.

Hell she even holds her own for a few seconds against Mace Windu in sabers which is ludicrous!

It was a lot longer than a few seconds. Looked like a stalemate tbh. And that fight wasn't even on Dathomir.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yep. The Zillo Beast would stomp Sidious, Talzin, Yoda and Mace combined.

As would the Father, Son or Daughter.

It was a lot longer than a few seconds. Looked like a stalemate tbh. And that fight wasn't even on Dathomir.

Which is where I draw the line. Mace is almost Yoda territory and having Talzin beating him in sabers is gross. I'm fine if she beats him in force and I actually like the ones, but no. Talzin isn't beating Mace in duel I'm just not ok with it laughing

ares834
Why?

Anyway, it seems pretty clear than guys like Yoda and Sidious are no longer the untouchable badasses in the new materiel that they were in the EU. I'm perfectly fine with this.

Darth Thor
Which is where I draw the line. Mace is almost Yoda territory and having Talzin beating him in sabers is gross. I'm fine if she beats him in force and I actually like the ones, but no. Talzin isn't beating Mace in duel I'm just not ok with it laughing

She never beat him though.

The impression was given that they were on a similar level, but tbh they opted not to show us most the fight in favour of some classic Jar Jar saves the day

quanchi112
You people get hung up on this. Yes, she was extremely powerful. Sidious doesn't any any of her unless he has allies. That's for sure. He's a natural born coward.

The_Tempest
I have no problem with Mother Talzin being powerful but if some Nightmother from Dathomir is making Darth Sidious shit himself, something's wrong. Hell she even holds her own for a few seconds against Mace Windu in sabers which is ludicrous!
I just refuse to believe someone like Sidious would feel threatened by some witch magic :/

The idea is to create tension by introducing a character not named Yoda who can genuinely challenge Sidious, who is otherwise essentially peerless. Normally, I'd agree that the decision would probably be an ass-pull, but it was a storyline that developed pretty tastefully and gradually across several years and seasons.

But that aside, they really don't take it too far.

Originally posted by ares834
Why?

Anyway, it seems pretty clear than guys like Yoda and Sidious are no longer the untouchable badasses in the new materiel that they were in the EU. I'm perfectly fine with this.

mmm

ares834
yes

The_Tempest
nah

You've got the Mortis Anchorites and that's it.

ares834
And Windu, Talzin, Vader as a swordsman, etc..

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ares834
And Windu, Talzin, Vader as a swordsman, etc..

Talzin's a peer?, Windu, Vader, Dooku, Maul, etc. are inferior.

ares834
No, and I've never said as such. Just that they are no longer "untouchable badasses".

chilled monkey

Believe it. He was even more threatened by Gethzerion.

Darth Luminous
In Talzin's case they eventually make it clear that she is not a natural Force user, so - for whatever it's worth - that allows the traditional candidates to be considered the strongest natural Force users in normal space.

juggernaut74
Which is where I draw the line. Mace is almost Yoda territory and having Talzin beating him in sabers is gross. I'm fine if she beats him in force and I actually like the ones, but no. Talzin isn't beating Mace in duel I'm just not ok with it laughing Didn't Talzin possess Dooku before she died? Then Palpatine basically told her she may possess his body he does not possess none of his skill.

Seems they are implying Dooku>Mace.

ares834
SUre, but only if we ignore that little fact that Windu beat Sidious in a duel.

Trocity
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Believe it. He was even more threatened by Gethzerion.

Talzin>Geth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.