Voldemort vs A single Future Sentinel...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Lord Voldemort takes on a single Future Sentinel in a battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

The Sentinel has access to every power and ability the Sentinels successfully utilized during Days of Future Past...

Who wins?

juggerman
Tom wins

TheVaultDweller
Voldemort wins

TheLordofMurder
I'm not saying that you guys are wrong, but how does Tom put the Sentinel down?

juggerman
With magic most likely

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by juggerman
With magic most likely

What spell can he use to defeat the Sentinel before the Sentinel unloads on him?

juggerman
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
What spell can he use to defeat the Sentinel before the Sentinel unloads on him?

The Sentinel is much slower than Tom plus Tom can teleport so I can't see the Sentinel "unloading" too much before getting the whammy put on it.

A list of spells that can damage/defeat the Sentinel:

Deprimo
Evanesco
Expulso
Fiendfyre
Impedimenta
Locomotor
Reducto

Not to mention I've left out unnamed spells that would work as well. I also left out spell that would affect the Sentinel in a comical sense but not really harm it or stop it

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by juggerman
The Sentinel is much slower than Tom plus Tom can teleport so I can't see the Sentinel "unloading" too much before getting the whammy put on it.

A list of spells that can damage/defeat the Sentinel:

Deprimo
Evanesco
Expulso
Fiendfyre
Impedimenta
Locomotor
Reducto

Not to mention I've left out unnamed spells that would work as well. I also left out spell that would affect the Sentinel in a comical sense but not really harm it or stop it

Interesting...

Your argument does contain substance...

thumb up

juggerman
Glad you agree Tom wins thumb up

Nibedicus
Interesting...

Your argument does contain substance...

thumb up

So the fact that Voldy (in the movies) wasn't "shown to use many of these spells in combat" isn't bothering you?

Juggerman: Although, I do agree Voldy wins for the same reasons you've posted. And the fact that their adaption and mimicry does not work on magic.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Voldemort has a ton of versatility/attack options, plus his level of mobility (being able to both fly and teleport) will make it hard for the Sentinel to retaliate properly.

Josh_Alexander
Voldemort.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Nibedicus
So the fact that Voldy (in the movies) wasn't "shown to use many of these spells in combat" isn't bothering you?

Juggerman: Although, I do agree Voldy wins for the same reasons you've posted. And the fact that their adaption and mimicry does not work on magic.

I'm aware that he hasn't used them all in combat; in this case I'm not fighting it because I Voldy has a legit chance based on what he has shown...

I'm not sure that him beating a lone Sentinel is a slam dunk, but I can see him defeating one...

Nibedicus
"Based on what he has shown" is acceptable to you even tho he hasn't shown it, but others who have shown it aren't acceptable to you because they didn't perform it within a narrow criteria that only you would require?

Suuurreee. Whatever you say, man.

Back to topic. If Voldy fights dumb, sure he'd lose. But if he fights with any smarts and use his mobility/versatility and hit them hard from afar, how does he lose? I'm thinking around the distance he used to smash the Hogwarts shield. Problem with FS will always be their slow-ish relative speed and short on-screen demonstrated range.

Time-Immemorial
So LOM accepts off screen feats for Voldermort, but denies Apoc actual screen feats. This is why I don't even bother coming here anymore. Once a troll takes over and no ones does nothing about it, its not even worth posting here.

TheLordofMurder
"Based on what he has shown" is acceptable to you even tho he hasn't shown it, but others who have shown it aren't acceptable to you because they didn't perform it within a narrow criteria that only you would require?

Suuurreee. Whatever you say, man.

Back to topic. If Voldy fights dumb, sure he'd lose. But if he fights with any smarts and use his mobility/versatility and hit them hard from afar, how does he lose? I'm thinking around the distance he used to smash the Hogwarts shield. Problem with FS will always be their slow-ish relative speed and short on-screen demonstrated range.

Dude, what are you talking about!?

I think Volde has shown enough to make me think he can beat a FS; why are you trying to make this into something complicated?

Why are you going back to that Apoc/10k Sentinel thread?

I think Volde has a legit chance to beat a lone FS...

I don't think Apoc is beating 10k FS's...

End of story...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
So LOM accepts off screen feats for Voldermort, but denies Apoc actual screen feats. This is why I don't even bother coming here anymore. Once a troll takes over and no ones does nothing about it, its not even worth posting here.

Fukk off...

Your assumption is wrong btw...

Stop following me around stalker troll....

Nibedicus
Dude, what are you talking about!?

I think Volde has shown enough to make me think he can beat a FS; why are you trying to make this into something complicated?

Why are you going back to that Apoc/10k Sentinel thread?

I think Volde has a legit chance to beat a lone FS...

I don't think Apoc is beating 10k FS's...

End of story...

Just that I find your logic of acceptable evidence questionable. /shrug

But you are right about one thing: I will not try to derail this thread with this. In your defense, you have taken the trolling down a notch. So out of respect for Imp (as he's swamped in RL stuff right now), I will go back to the topic at hand:

Like I said, Voldy has the firepwer/versatility/mobility and range to take down a single FS before it gets to him. Don't you agree?

TheLordofMurder
Like I said, Voldy has the firepwer/versatility/mobility and range to take down a single FS before it gets to him. Don't you agree?

I agree...

I think they are both capable of defeating the other...

But I do give Volde the advantage...

Volde 7/10....

Time-Immemorial
Fukk off...

Your assumption is wrong btw...

Stop following me around stalker troll....

You made the threadthumb up

TheVaultDweller
I agree...

I think they are both capable of defeating the other...

But I do give Volde the advantage...

Volde 7/10....

How then? You say you think the Sentinel can win? What strategy/technique/powers is getting the job done here?

People have clearly outlined why/how they believe Voldemort wins. So what's the argument for the Sentinel?

Not trying to be a d*** or anything. Just genuinely curious.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
How then? You say you think the Sentinel can win? What strategy/technique/powers is getting the job done here?

People have clearly outlined why/how they believe Voldemort wins. So what's the argument for the Sentinel?

Not trying to be a d*** or anything. Just genuinely curious.

I'll gladly answer...

I believe between the Sentinels natural durability, its ability to self repair, its speed and agility (which is considerable when taking into account their size), and all the abilities that it has at its command that the Sentinel is tough and powerful enough to eventually get Volde...

All the Sentinel has to do is land one good attack flush and it can win...

I do believe the odds are against that happening though; thats why I think Volde wins 7/10...

quanchi112
Voldemort rapes this pansy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.