Darth Nihilus vs Galen Marek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark-Kenshin
1. Force.
2. All Out

Deronn_solo
Galen blows him to pieces.

Petrus
Can he stahp teh drain? smile smile

Deronn_solo
Yes, by releasing a telekentic surge that fries Nihilus' person.

Besides, draining a planet full of scrubs, bums, tin-cans and randoms --- isn't in the same ballpark as draining someone as powerful as Marek.

Galen's raw reserves is > Yoda and Sidious.

Petrus
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Yes, by releasing a telekentic surge that fries Nihilus' person.

Besides, draining a planet full of scrubs, bums, tin-cans and randoms --- isn't in the same ballpark as draining someone as powerful as Marek.

Galen's raw reserves is > Yoda and Sidious.

I agree that draining weaker people than you isn't the same as draining someone considerably powerful, but tbh I'm unsure about how Nihilus' drain works . On one hand, Krayt drains Abeloth for a while, who is obviously eons above him. So physically draining a more powerful being than yourself is possible and manageable.

On the other hand, if the drainer is weaker than the one being drained, and the drained actually attempts to put up some type of Force defense, how effective would it be?

Either way, I'm not sure Galen's TK > Nihilus'.

Deronn_solo
Well, yeah you're right, in both regards, but that's the main problem with debating Nihilus as a character; the combat usage of his power is too ambiguous to properly rank, and honestly, his placing in the mythos don't match up with his actual showing if taken at face-value.

As for TK, that largely depends on how you view the fleet lifting feats of Nihilus.

Either way, from what we know of Nihilus, would be completely trashed in CQC with Marek if he closed the distance, and I don't see his TK given him a way so drain is the only thing that can grant him a W.....

Petrus
Pretty much.

It's up to two factors, imo:

1. If Galen manages to close in.

2. If Nihilus somehow manages to keep Galen at bay with his TK and if his drain would work on him as effectively as it generally does.

Syndicate
Nihilus in both.

NewGuy01
That's just disgusting coming from you.

The Ellimist
That depends on how much Malachor amped Nihilus.

Syndicate
Nihilus IS disgustingly powerful. thumb up

The Ellimist
If Malachor pre-prime Nihilus < or close to peak unamped Nihilus and he actually lifted that fleet in a reasonable amount of time, then Nihilus wins, and I'm not taking Meetra's Revan > Nihilus quote seriously.

Otherwise, Galen.

NewGuy01
Honestly, Nihilus lifting those ships is probably about as legitimate as the Outlander lifting the Gravestone. I mean, unless you actually buy into the idea that Nihilus was telekinetically moving his fleet from solar system to solar system, those ships could fly perfectly well. thumb up

The Ellimist
Yeah, maybe he just activated their controls or something.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Syndicate
Nihilus IS disgustingly powerful. thumb up

Maturin smile

NewGuy01
No, I'm sure some TK must have been involved. After all, because of Malachor's trippy gravity, his ship probably couldn't have taken off on it's own. Similar to Kyp's Sun Crusher feat, maybe.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Pretty sure when the whole tearing fleet out of Malachor is mentioned, it's capped off with, "THAT is the extent of his power," or something along those lines.

NewGuy01
Yeah, it was also stated by an insane, non force sensitive Nihilus-cultist. There's no third party source that even confirms he brought up his entire fleet; only the Ravager.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
STFU

AN HERO

smile

The Ellimist
Does the wording make it clear that he actually physically lifted the Ravager?

NewGuy01
Here's the third-party quote.

"The Ravager was hauled from the gravity well at Malachor V by its new master. He used it to escape imprisonment on Malachor V."

--Knights of the Old Republic II (credit to DarthAnt66)

The Ellimist
Kinda ambiguous.

NewGuy01
Yep, it's basically the same as the Sun Crusher feat in that regard.

Another thing to note is that he used the ship to leave the planet once he pulled it out of the well. In other words, it's not like he was hauling a Star Destroyer through the sky like some people try to sell. thumb up

The Ellimist
Did the well encompass the planet, like how far did he hull it before he could get in it? Is there any estimation of how strong the well was?

NewGuy01
None of the above are confirmed.

The Ellimist
The more extreme interpretation is that the well was so powerful the ship's engines couldn't overpower it so Nihilus needed to use his TK, which could potentially put this beyond Luke/Kyp's black hole feat. But it could also just be that he activated its controls.

Deronn_solo
All this is proving why Nihilus is a awful character for the Battle Forum; dude is just too ambiguous and these threads just turns into pure guess-work at best, and laughable conjecture at worst.

Also, doesn't help his feats doesn't back up his place in the mythos. Ravager lifting, and planet eating aside, Traya only said he could rival the ancient Sith --- meaning, he wasn't there yet, and even if he was, it was still extremely close, which given his feats, shouldn't be a thing.

Then we have Meetra saying Revan > Nihilus, which again, doesn't align with his showings....

cs_zoltan
All this is proving why Nihilus is a awful character for the Battle Forum; dude is just too ambiguous and these threads just turns into pure guess-work at best, and laughable conjecture at worst.

thumb up

NewGuy01
Originally posted by The Ellimist
The more extreme interpretation is that the well was so powerful the ship's engines couldn't overpower it so Nihilus needed to use his TK, which could potentially put this beyond Luke/Kyp's black hole feat. But it could also just be that he activated its controls.

Well, it could also be like the Gravestone feat from KOTFE. The Gravestone was lodged in a marsh and couldn't lift off, so the Outlander/Senya/Lana gave it a "push" to help get it in the air.

Zenwolf
Speaking of ambiguous things...how are people saying the Strike Team against Revan was anything impressive for either side?

On one side, you have one guy fighting against several combatants...yet he couldn't kill any of them despite he's suppose to be this powerful guy.

The other side you have the several combatants, yet if we go by above then why is defeating him anything special?

So....what exactly is the deal with this fight?

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Speaking of ambiguous things...how are people saying the Strike Team against Revan was anything impressive for either side?

On one side, you have one guy fighting against several combatants...yet he couldn't kill any of them despite he's suppose to be this powerful guy.

The other side you have the several combatants, yet if we go by above then why is defeating him anything special?

So....what exactly is the deal with this fight? If we look at the context of the cutscenes, it doesn't look like it was an easily won fight, so there's that.

Ziggystardust
The answer to this thread rests upon wether Galen has an answer to Nhillus' drain or not.

I don't see why he should, so he does in fact get drained.

carthage
Marek oneshots

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
If we look at the context of the cutscenes, it doesn't look like it was an easily won fight, so there's that.

But...there's only 2 cutscenes? I mean yeah, he pushes them all back but I don't think that really says much in the grand scheme of things. The last one just has Revan on the ground, the Strike Team just standing there with no indication of well...any wounds.

SunRazer

So....what exactly is the deal with this fight?

Revan's defenders claim that Light Revan protected the Strike Team.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by SunRazer
Revan's defenders claim that Light Revan protected the Strike Team.

So we can assume things now? Is there any basis for such a claim?

SunRazer
So we can assume things now? Is there any basis for such a claim?

Somewhat. But I've always held that the feat, however impressive, is blown out of proportion. Revan's TK at the beginning clearly caught them off-guard despite the horrible animations, since if the Jedi put up Barriers to weaken the attack, then the non-Force sensitives, who couldn't do that, should've been killed on the spot, but they were unharmed. So yeah, it's really not that great.

Trocity
Originally posted by carthage
Marek oneshots

The Ellimist
Somewhat. But I've always held that the feat, however impressive, is blown out of proportion. Revan's TK at the beginning clearly caught them off-guard despite the horrible animations, since if the Jedi put up Barriers to weaken the attack, then the non-Force sensitives, who couldn't do that, should've been killed on the spot, but they were unharmed. So yeah, it's really not that great.

thumb up Yeah. Sort of like how Yoda knocked Sidious on his ass, heck Ahsoka TK'd Vader.

The_Tempest
Having been refreshed on Nihilus with my KOTOR 2 playthrough, I side with Marek without reservation. Nihilus's TK feats have been largely suspect, his dueling skills even moreso. And there's no evidence to suggest he can apply his drain in combat against a prepared adversary, let alone one of Marek's caliber. {Note that he stunned the Exile and co. before he attacked and he only ever usurped Traya with Sion's presence.}

And if Marek can hide himself in the Force, he probably does literally oneshot.

NewGuy01
To be fair, that would be assuming that Marek knew Nihilus' weakness, which he doesn't.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by NewGuy01
To be fair, that would be assuming that Marek knew Nihilus' weakness, which he doesn't.

Who says Marek hasn't studied the exploits of Nihilus under Vader's tutelage? Even if not, and if we base the fight on what they might do given character traits and patterns, rather than what they can do with their skillset, Marek still wins because Nihilus will stand there, totally oblivious to the threat, and eat frigate-vaporizing-TK. thumb up

Marek doesn't lose this.

SunRazer
True @Tempest. I mean, the Stun effect on the party wore off just before Nihilus Drained her, which probably meant that he couldn't sustain both at once - ergo, his Drain probably required some buildup/gathering of power, and that's also whilst he was amped by his connection to the Ravager per the Prima Guide. All of his Drain feats are suspect and against helpless enemies - Traya was incapacitated and Sion was there as well, the Jedi on Katarr were hit by something prior to the Drain, and so on.

Deronn_solo
Then it's decided; Galen obliterates with TK, or carves him up like Turkey in CQC. thumb up

The_Tempest
True @Tempest. I mean, the Stun effect on the party wore off just before Nihilus Drained her, which probably meant that he couldn't sustain both at once - ergo, his Drain probably required some buildup/gathering of power, and that's also whilst he was amped by his connection to the Ravager per the Prima Guide. All of his Drain feats are suspect and against helpless enemies - Traya was incapacitated and Sion was there as well, the Jedi on Katarr were hit by something prior to the Drain, and so on.

Zez-Kai Ell or whomever even lampshades that even Nihilus strikes from the shadows.

Petrus
I would interpret Nihilus' Ravager feat as the gravity well was too powerful for him to just turn on the controls and leave, so he used his TK to lift the ship out of the planet and only then could the engines and controls work so that it could start by itself.

But the fact that the Ebon Hawk managed to start up and fly without TK aid after the crash makes me question this.

nfactor1995
Bump?

UCanShootMyNova
Hey, I'm not going to argue with the consensus. smile

slayne
Nihilus. Doubt it'd be that close, either.

Azronger
Nihilus

carthage
Marek compact him into a tiny ball or stomps him in a duel

The Merchant
Nihilus

darthbane77
Nihilus eats him.

thesithmaster
The Lord of Hunger. Galen wins a duel though.

Trocity
Marek is better in CQC and is more powerful, pretty cut and dry.

thesithmaster
How is Galen more powerful than the guy who telekinetically tore a fleet?

UCanShootMyNova
To be fair, Galen has better feats then that. Where I go back and forth is whether or not Galen's ability to last against Sidious for a time is good enough to allow him to beat somebody with several planets worth of energy.

thesithmaster
Galen was Oneness amped tho.
"Driven by concern for his friends rather than himself, he embraced the Force completely, utterly, and was rewarded with a strength that made his efforts with the dark side look like those of a child."
Apart from that, a toying Sidious one-shotted Galen with Lightning, and shrugged off his Lightning. And in the DS scenario, which happens minutes after the canonical ending and thus there is no reason for abilities to change, Galen is curbstomped. Then again, Nihilus would be stomped by Sidious. But the same applies to Galen.

Deronn_solo
Nihilus drains dry.

Haschwalth
Nihilus, he has better showings, like draining an entire planet, and pulling his ship out of malachors gravity well.

cs_zoltan
Galen blows him to pieces.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by cs_zoltan

You Obviously hate Tor/Kotor, and probably lack knowledge in it considering, he doesn't have a physical body to blow apart, maybe his mask, but he doesn't have the feats.

thesithmaster
How can Galen blow him to pieces when Nihilus doesn't even have a physical body to begin with? Nihilus also has something called a Force Shield which will deflect attacks from Galen.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by thesithmaster
Galen was Oneness amped tho.
"Driven by concern for his friends rather than himself, he embraced the Force completely, utterly, and was rewarded with a strength that made his efforts with the dark side look like those of a child."
Apart from that, a toying Sidious one-shotted Galen with Lightning, and shrugged off his Lightning. And in the DS scenario, which happens minutes after the canonical ending and thus there is no reason for abilities to change, Galen is curbstomped. Then again, Nihilus would be stomped by Sidious. But the same applies to Galen.

The quote you posted occurs after the Force lock when he sees Juno and the Rebels about to be gunned down.

Blasting back somebody with lightning hardly qualifies as a oneshot considering Sidious did the same to Yoda.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111282615/5390565-star_wars_yoda_vs_palpatine_hd_quality.gif

Sidious didn't no sell Galen's lightning since, as I showed on CV, it penetrated his Force defenses.

http://i.imgur.com/08jgU9a.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/bFvoWqp.jpg?1

The DS ending isn't canon.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Nihilus, he has better showings, like draining an entire planet, and pulling his ship out of malachors gravity well.

Pulling ships out of Malachor isn't better then splitting a shielded ISD in half and it's debatable whether draining a planet equates with lasting against Sidious.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Pulling ships out of Malachor isn't better then splitting a shielded ISD in half and it's debatable whether draining a planet equates with lasting against Sidious.

Wasn't Sidious toying with him though.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Wasn't Sidious toying with him though.

That's a possibility prior to the Force lock. In the Force lock itself though, Sidious was desperate and putting enough power into it to pierce through his own Force shields. Something Galen was not able to withstand but also walk forward against.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.