Pre Retcon Beyonder vs free will negation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Was thinking, for all of Pre Retcon Beyonders power, would it make him immune to powers that normally inhibit anybody with free will?

Not tp or mind control, but more exotic abilities that can't normally be resisted/defended against.

Beyond can't react or actively use his powers. Is be enslaved by:

1: Purple Man (Peak).

2: Max Lord's planetary scale attack.

3: Jesse Custer's "Word".

4: Orion's Anti Life Equation.

zopzop
No.

cdtm
Any particular reason why?

Power level didn't protect Nate Grey. Generally speaking, willpower isn't something related to power levels, and for all intents and purposes Beyonder had a normal psyche. Nothing special about his cognative processes.

The Anti Life Equation and Jesse's word can even create outcomes that make no logical sense, such as ordering someone to spontaniously combust, or ordering a corpse to rise and act as they would before being turned into catetonic states/corpses. (That's also why the astral plane is treated like the great equalizer, because it pits will against will.)

ghostman
No.

http://viceland-assets-cdn.vice.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/4292770123.jpg

cdtm
I'll just wait for Mr. Master's reply, if he decides this is worth his time.

I'd imagine he'll vote no as well, but he usually gives, you know, arguments. stick out tongue

zopzop
Originally posted by cdtm
Any particular reason why?

Power level didn't protect Nate Grey. Generally speaking, willpower isn't something related to power levels, and for all intents and purposes Beyonder had a normal psyche. Nothing special about his cognative processes.

The Anti Life Equation and Jesse's word can even create outcomes that make no logical sense, such as ordering someone to spontaniously combust, or ordering a corpse to rise and act as they would before being turned into catetonic states/corpses. (That's also why the astral plane is treated like the great equalizer, because it pits will against will.) Originally posted by zopzop
No.

cdtm
Adding to power and will being separate;

Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet inhibited Starfox. That proves he thought he was vulnerable to his power (And with cosmic awareness, shouldn't he know his own limitations?)

Further, Jean Grey Phoenix forced emotions onto Pre Retcon Beyonder. That proves there's ways to affect him against his will..

And like I said, willpower is never, ever shown to be augmented by power levels. Stick Captain America on the Astral Plane with Mxy, and there's a real chance for Cap to beat him.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by cdtm
Adding to power and will being separate;

Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet inhibited Starfox. That proves he thought he was vulnerable to his power (And with cosmic awareness, shouldn't he know his own limitations?)

Further, Jean Grey Phoenix forced emotions onto Pre Retcon Beyonder. That proves there's ways to affect him against his will..

And like I said, willpower is never, ever shown to be augmented by power levels. Stick Captain America on the Astral Plane with Mxy, and there's a real chance for Cap to beat him.

This. Willpower seems to trump everything including death. Beyonder should be beyond ( haha beyond shama lama mu mu) such things but he isn't. It Ge cool if marvel brought him back next secret wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.