Darth Maul vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Ziggystardust
Unique premise thumb up

The Ellimist
Done not long ago, Dooku takes all three.

Dark-Kenshin
Maul could be a much better combatant if he got rid of some of his habits, but we consistently see said habits arise in situations where he gives up his advantage in situations he clearly has the upper hand in. If such a situation is to arise during his duel with Dooku, it will be the end of the Dathomirian's life.

Emperordmb
Dooku takes all three in a hard fought fight.

chingchangwalla
I have way way too much to say on this topic

Kurk
Sabers: Dooku 6/10 - It's a difficult fight like with Anakin but the Count pulls some tricks out of his sleeve
Force: Dooku 10/10 - no contest here
All Out: Dooku 8/10

chingchangwalla
Dooku doesn't take force ten out ten LMFAO

The Ellimist
Unless if Maul is bloodlusted, Dooku kills him.

Kurk
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Dooku doesn't take force ten out ten LMFAO
What the hell does Maul possess that Dooku doesn't? Dooku is a master of both the dark and light-side, possesses "more tricks up his sleeve" than Maul, and is on the same tier with Maul in terms of raw force power. Maul struggled to collapse the landing gear of a small ship. Dooku hurled a cruiser, collapsed a bridge, lifted multiple heavy obelisks; nothing Maul has ever held a candle to.

chingchangwalla
Well Jensaarai1 made a Maul vs Dooku vid a while back and he reckons Dooku would win.

So it's clear who wins then, Maul.

Beniboybling
thumb up

Petrus
Dooku > Maul > Kenobi. smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Petrus
Maul > Ahsoka > Dooku > Kenobi. smile Fixed. smile

MythLord
Dooku.

chingchangwalla
Dang Kenobi gettin no reshpeck round here

Petrus
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Fixed. smile

This isn't Old Master Maul, doez. smile

You really think Maul > Ahsoka??

chingchangwalla

Yes. Yes.

Petrus
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Yes. Yes.

I was really asking because it's Beni who says it, not because the statement itself surprised me. smile

MythLord

Canonical sources state this.

Petrus
Originally posted by MythLord
Canonical sources state this.

Can I get the source that says Maul > Ahsoka?

Not that I don't believe, I just want to see it.

MythLord
http://static6.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111114474/5186777-8625830306-jWBnf.jpg

Source: Darth Maul biography gallery from StarWars.com

Pairing Maul up with Ezra, the weakest, was the logical choice, therefore Maul is the strongest.

Petrus
Interesting. Then Rebels Maul is conclusively his most powerful incarnation by quite a bit.

MythLord
Wut? No. You can argue Son of Dathomir Maul is also Ahsoka's superior.

Ziggystardust
There is not one scrap of evidence that Rebels Maul is better than SOD.

Petrus
Wut? No. You can argue Son of Dathomir Maul is also Ahsoka's superior.

Eh, I rank Rebels Ahsoka quite highly.

Besides:

"Although he has grown older and gained new abilities throughout his life, Darth Maul still builds on the teachings he received from Darth Sidious. Now, he's trying to pass them on to Ezra Bridger."

http://www.starwars.com/news/darth-maul-the-story-of-an-apprentice

"When we first meet him, this "Old Master" is frail, hesitant, even fearful. As the story continues, you see those traits melt away, but there's a flow to it. The more Ezra trusts, the more Maul becomes himself until, finally, he's at full strength and more powerful than ever."

http://www.starwars.com/news/ranking-rebels-10-highlights-from-twilight-of-the-apprentice

Provided by Beni.

Dark-Kenshin
http://static6.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111114474/5186777-8625830306-jWBnf.jpg

Source: Darth Maul biography gallery from StarWars.com

Pairing Maul up with Ezra, the weakest, was the logical choice, therefore Maul is the strongest. I wouldn't too much weight in that quote as it doesn't seem to be made from the standpoint of evaluating who would win in a fight. Rather, the initial statement seems to be speaking from Kanan's standpoint. He agreed to let Ezra go with Maul based on what he thought to be logical. Of course, we the viewers, having hindsight as an advantage know his decision was not logical as it exposed the young padawan to further temptation from the dark side.

Petrus
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
I wouldn't too much weight in that quote as it doesn't seem to be made from the standpoint of evaluating who would win in a fight. Rather, the initial statement seems to be speaking from Kanan's standpoint. He agreed to let Ezra go with Maul based on what he thought to be logical. Of course, we the viewers, having hindsight as an advantage know his decision was not logical as it exposed the young padawan to further temptation from the dark side.

But it was logical in regards to power and skill, as pairing Ezra with Ahsoka or himself would be a disparity and would leave one of the couples more vulnerable to the enemy.

MythLord
I wouldn't too much weight in that quote as it doesn't seem to be made from the standpoint of evaluating who would win in a fight. Rather, the initial statement seems to be speaking from Kanan's standpoint. He agreed to let Ezra go with Maul based on what he thought to be logical. Of course, we the viewers, having hindsight as an advantage know his decision was not logical as it exposed the young padawan to further temptation from the dark side.

It isn't from Kanan's point of view, Kanan just agreed it was the logical choice which SW.com confirms. Besides, Kanan would be much more bias towards Ahsoka than he would Maul, so even him admitting Maul being the strongest carries a lot of weight.

Petrus
And sw.com also stated Rebels Maul is his most powerful iteration.

MythLord
Well a guy who wrote a blog that was featured on the site said that... but I suppose, still inferior to Dooku, though smile

Petrus
Well a guy who wrote a blog that was featured on the site said that... but I suppose, still inferior to Dooku, though smile

Well, it was featured for a reason. smile Why do you suppose that?

If Rebels Maul > TCW Maul > TPM Maul, it's a big increase in power over the years.

Petrus
It's up there. Just scroll.

Dark-Kenshin
But it was logical in regards to power and skill, as pairing Ezra with Ahsoka or himself would be a disparity and would leave one of the couples more vulnerable to the enemy. In terms of what Kanan knew at the time, certainly, but as far as what we the audience knows, the decision was overall illogical, especially if the troubling implications regarding Ezra at the end of the episode are of any indication. They would've been much better off pairing Ezra with someone else or ditching Maul as a bad deal all the way around.

It isn't from Kanan's point of view, Kanan just agreed it was the logical choice which SW.com confirms. Besides, Kanan would be much more bias towards Ahsoka than he would Maul, so even him admitting Maul being the strongest carries a lot of weight. When you write alot, you try to avoid sounding repetitive. A good writer will do whatever they can to avoid overuse of the words "said" or "thought." Take the third statement in your quote for example: "Fighting without mercy or remorse will make them victorious." Is that an absolute statement? Does fighting without mercy or remorse truly make one victorious in the SW universe? Or is the writer referring to what Maul and Sith think and believe without having to actually say what they think and believe?

I'm not inclined to believe that SW.com is suggesting that the decision to send Ezra alone with Maul was overall logical despite the temptations to the dark side and the possibility that Maul would double-cross them in the end anyway (based on what we know about season 3, I expect to see some serious consequences for Kanan's poor decision-making), much less that they are presenting us with anything to infer that Maul > Ahsoka, especially for versus forum purposes.

As for who is stronger between Maul and Ahsoka, I don't really believe there's anyway quantifiable way to know that at the moment, although Ahsoka's willingness to leave the fight in Kanan's hands rather than 2 v. 1 him does make me wonder.

Beniboybling
Eh, I rank Rebels Ahsoka quite highly.

Besides:

"Although he has grown older and gained new abilities throughout his life, Darth Maul still builds on the teachings he received from Darth Sidious. Now, he's trying to pass them on to Ezra Bridger."

http://www.starwars.com/news/darth-maul-the-story-of-an-apprentice

"When we first meet him, this "Old Master" is frail, hesitant, even fearful. As the story continues, you see those traits melt away, but there's a flow to it. The more Ezra trusts, the more Maul becomes himself until, finally, he's at full strength and more powerful than ever."

http://www.starwars.com/news/ranking-rebels-10-highlights-from-twilight-of-the-apprentice

Provided by Beni. thumb up He also demonstrates more advanced telekinesis:

https://i.imgflip.com/15a4zm.gif

i.e freezing the Seventh Sister in place with the Force.

Petrus
Dark-Kenshin, we're not arguing that the choice was a good, we are arguing that the choice was made because it made most sense in terms of dividing powers.

MythLord
When you write alot, you try to avoid sounding repetitive. A good writer will do whatever they can to avoid overuse of the words "said" or "thought." Take the third statement in your quote for example: "Fighting without mercy or remorse will make them victorious." Is that an absolute statement? Does fighting without mercy or remorse truly make one victorious in the SW universe? Or is the writer referring to what Maul and Sith think and believe without having to actually say what they think and believe?

The writer is suppose to be an omniscient narrator, so it's clearly coming from an objective source, not Maul, not Kanan, not anybody. Using your logic, we can't judge any feat since it might be from a certain character's perspective. And this is, of course, ridiculous.

I'm not inclined to believe that SW.com is suggesting that the decision to send Ezra alone with Maul was overall logical despite the temptations to the dark side and the possibility that Maul would double-cross them in the end anyway (based on what we know about season 3, I expect to see some serious consequences for Kanan's poor decision-making), much less that they are presenting us with anything to infer that Maul > Ahsoka, especially for versus forum purposes.

No, it's saying that sending the weakest with Maul is the most logical choice, and that can only be because Maul is the strongest. This is simple logic, I love how people grasp at straws desperately and try to overcomplicate it. Look up Occams Razor.

As for who is stronger between Maul and Ahsoka, I don't really believe there's anyway quantifiable way to know that at the moment, although Ahsoka's willingness to leave the fight in Kanan's hands rather than 2 v. 1 him does make me wonder.

Tano is kind of an idiot for doing that, or maybe she sensed Kanan's One-With-The-Force moment? And there is a quantifiable way -- we have a canonical source saying Maul > her and his overall domination of the Seventh Sister and, prior to his growth, TCW Kenobi is rather telling of how he's above Ahsoka.

MythLord
thumb up He also demonstrates more advanced telekinesis:

https://i.imgflip.com/15a4zm.gif

i.e freezing the Seventh Sister in place with the Force.

> she smiles
> clearly moves her hand
> Frozen in place

Zenwolf
I like how Maul is the only guy in SW, who gets stronger because. Like after he gets cut in half, then goes to the looney bin, he comes back stronger.

Then he spends who knows how long on Malachor, he's more powerful. Which I guess you could say he studied...but studied what exactly? It's not like there was a library or anything.

Ziggystardust
The Idea that Maul should be more powerful in Rebels because some nerd published a blog is cancerous in it's self.

Beniboybling
> she smiles
> clearly moves her hand
> Frozen in place Right, as in she was suspended in the air.Originally posted by Zenwolf
I like how Maul is the only guy in SW, who gets stronger because. Like after he gets cut in half, then goes to the looney bin, he comes back stronger.

Then he spends who knows how long on Malachor, he's more powerful. Which I guess you could say he studied...but studied what exactly? It's not like there was a library or anything. Yeah because its totally unheard of for Force users to just like get stronger over time. confused

MythLord
Right, as in she was suspended in the air.

Ah, well, yeah that's true. But then again, TCW Maul did that to TCW Kenobi twice, so...

ILS
Originally posted by Zenwolf

Then he spends who knows how long on Malachor, he's more powerful. Which I guess you could say he studied...but studied what exactly? It's not like there was a library or anything. Yeah, it's not like Anakin became more powerf- aw

The Ellimist
Dooku certainly wins as of TCW.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
Yeah, it's not like Anakin became more powerf- aw

He did sure, but did he become more powerful after getting cut in half, going insane or being left on some isolated planet for decades and just becoming more powerful without anything else?

No, he got chopped to pieces, his power hindered and he only became more powerful after studying.

It's not like after he got cut in half and turned to Vader, he was just suddenly more powerful.

Beniboybling
Ah, well, yeah that's true. But then again, TCW Maul did that to TCW Kenobi twice, so... While maintaining a constant grip, he releases his grip and she remains in place, that's the point.

MythLord
While maintaining a constant grip, he releases his grip and she remains in place, that's the point.

I am pretty sure he still maintained his telekinetic hold on her, he just didn't need to gesture. That's more masterful, than powerful.

ILS
He did sure, but did he become more powerful after getting cut in half, going insane or being left on some isolated planet for decades and just becoming more powerful without anything else?

No, he got chopped to pieces, his power hindered and he only became more powerful after studying.

It's not like after he got cut in half and turned to Vader, he was just suddenly more powerful. Him overcoming his injuries is what his power increase is attributed to in Lords of the Sith, not studying. Maul doing the same in worse conditions strengthened his connection to the Dark Side, and the dent he took to his mental and physical wellbeing was healed by Talzin.

MythLord
ILS is still alive?

Ziggystardust
While maintaining a constant grip, he releases his grip and she remains in place, that's the point.

He pretty much screams like a little ***** indicating some big struggle, and is panting like worse than an Obese marathoner afterwards.

Great feat of TK thumb up

Beniboybling
I am pretty sure he still maintained his telekinetic hold on her, he just didn't need to gesture. That's more masterful, than powerful. Well something like that, though you'll notice he puts more juice into it before lowering his hand.

Regardless call it what you like, its an improvement from what we've seen him capable of before. And mastery and power are synonymous.Originally posted by Ziggystardust
He pretty much screams like a little ***** indicating some big struggle, and is panting like worse than an Obese marathoner afterwards.

Great feat of TK thumb up https://bigtonysfantasyleague.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/missed-the-point.png

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
Him overcoming his injuries is what his power increase is attributed to in Lords of the Sith, not studying. Maul doing the same in worse conditions strengthened his connection to the Dark Side, and the dent he took to his mental and physical wellbeing was healed by Talzin.

Right after he was put in the suit though?

Ziggystardust

Regardless call it what you like, its an improvement from what we've seen him capable of before. And mastery and power are synonymous.

Nah.

1)He keeps her suspended for what, 10 seconds?
2)The desperation in the way he kills her, shows that he can't maintain that dominance for very long
3)He's visibly drained from it - hence the panting
4)He's excising a telekinetic grip over someone less capable than Kenobi

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Nah.

1)He keeps her suspended for what, 10 seconds?
2)The desperation in the way he kills her, shows that he can't maintain that dominance for very long
3)He's visibly drained from it - hence the panting
4)He's excising a telekinetic grip over someone less capable than Kenobi The "desperation" as you call it is Maul exerting himself to hold her in place without gesture, which is again a new ability for him, not a sign of weakness. Prior to that he's not straining at all.

Ziggystardust
Such reaching Lmao.

Even if that's true you've knocked out one. Knock out the other three.

Beniboybling
Nah that pretty much covers everything. smile

Ziggystardust

4)He's excising a telekinetic grip over someone less capable than Kenobi

This is the money point.

Beniboybling
Oh yes because that proves err... nope got nothing.

ILS
Right after he was put in the suit though? The length of time it took him to increase in power is aside from the point of what caused it.

Fated Xtasy
Well something like that, though you'll notice he puts more juice into it before lowering his hand.

Uh... You still talking about Mauls TK or something else there bud?

Ziggystardust
Oh yes because that proves err... nope got nothing.

It proves that your full of shit and will stop short of 'featsdontmatterlal' to wank Maul. If you can't the difference then I suppose Vader is Sidious' equal considering he choked Admiral Ozzel from the other side of the Galaxy.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Uh... You still talking about Mauls TK or something else there bud? He heh.Originally posted by Ziggystardust
It proves that your full of shit and will stop short of 'featsdontmatterlal' to wank Maul. If you can't the difference then I suppose Vader is Sidious' equal considering he choked Admiral Ozzel from the other side of the Galaxy. Lol just nonsense then.

The_Tempest
The "desperation" as you call it is Maul exerting himself to hold her in place without gesture, which is again a new ability for him, not a sign of weakness. Prior to that he's not straining at all.

Are we sure it's not Maul just growling in frustration with Ezra's recalcitrance?

Zenwolf
It proves that your full of shit and will stop short of 'featsdontmatterlal' to wank Maul. If you can't the difference then I suppose Vader is Sidious' equal considering he choked Admiral Ozzel from the other side of the Galaxy.

No he didn't, he choked Ozzel from his life support chamber to the Bridge.

The Ellimist
Also through a hologram Sidious has choked Dooku and caused lightning storms, lol.

Kurk
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/8d/10/51/8d1051abf38e1762d95a98c2f7151750.jpg

RHaggis
Dooku in a decent fight.

Ziggystardust

blow me.

But let's get back to the point. Gripping the seventh sister is less impressive than gripping Kenobi, because the latter is more powerful than the former. Those who want to contest that point, will have to rethink their entire approach to Force battles.

Selenial
And mastery and power are synonymous

****ing lmao can you please just pick a viewpoint and stick to it for more than a week

Zenwolf
No need to get hostile, just clearing misinformation.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Are we sure it's not Maul just growling in frustration with Ezra's recalcitrance? I figured that but its a little over the top, considering he closes his eyes and flexes his hand I feel there's something more to it.Originally posted by Ziggystardust
blow me.

But let's get back to the point. Gripping the seventh sister is less impressive than gripping Kenobi, because the latter is more powerful than the former. Those who want to contest that point, will have to rethink their entire approach to Force battles. A groundbreaking relevation that no one ever challenged. erm

SunRazer
Tyranus takes them all in great fights.

Darth Thor
Dooku wins against TCW/SOD Maul. He was simply Maul's superior judging by how they both faired against other Jedi/Sith.

Not sure about Rebels Maul though. Maul may have finally reached or even surpassed TCW/ROTS Dooku level by Rebels, but we don't know that for sure yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.