MCU Quicksilver vs Garfield Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nibedicus
NOT mutant QS, but AoU QS.

Fight in the Time's Square.

Who wins?

TheVaultDweller
Spiderman. He's much stronger, much more durable, and much more agile as well. Plus his own speed/reactions + spider sense allows him to easily react to gunfire, and even lightning bolts, so even QS's speed is not going to help him much here.

tkitna
Quicksilver is still so much faster than him though (even AoU version). Spidermans Spidey Sense is the only hope he has.

Going with QS for a small majority. 6/10

TheVaultDweller
Quicksilver has better movement speed, but he is still not as fast as a lightning bolt. So, based on feats, Garfield Spidey can react to him (just have another look at that stairwell scene from ASM2, the first time he fights Electro). Even in ASM1, Spiderman casually dodged multiple point blank shots from a cop, while smack talking him (during the carjacking scene). He also has his webshooters, so he can web the terrain up to make it hard for Pietro to use his mobility. And in the beginning of ASM2, he tanks getting hit by a speeding police truck, so Pietro is going to have a hard time putting him down, where as one really good hit from Spiderman should be all it takes (considering a single shield strike from Cap was enough to knock him back on his ass).

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Quicksilver has better movement speed, but he is still not as fast as a lightning bolt. So, based on feats, Garfield Spidey can react to him (just have another look at that stairwell scene from ASM2, the first time he fights Electro). Even in ASM1, Spiderman casually dodged multiple point blank shots from a cop, while smack talking him (during the carjacking scene). He also has his webshooters, so he can web the terrain up to make it hard for Pietro to use his mobility. And in the beginning of ASM2, he tanks getting hit by a speeding police truck, so Pietro is going to have a hard time putting him down, where as one really good hit from Spiderman should be all it takes (considering a single shield strike from Cap was enough to knock him back on his ass).

I won't say that QS is just faster in movement speed. He was able to remove all the bullets from a gun and lay them down nicely on the table in the blink of an eye. That means super speed thinking and finesse as well. Spidey has fast reactions but he isn't that fast.

carthage
Peter for sure

KingD19
Not sure how well they measure, but he also saw Mjolnir in super slow-mo, and we've seen it break orbit in seconds.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
I won't say that QS is just faster in movement speed. He was able to remove all the bullets from a gun and lay them down nicely on the table in the blink of an eye. That means super speed thinking and finesse as well. Spidey has fast reactions but he isn't that fast.

Yes, but to be able to react to something, your brain needs to be able to process that information properly as well (again, see the stairwell feat). Because that goes beyond purely basic reactions (like dodging something on reflex). In that moment, he had to process all the info in his surroundings, the positions of the various people, as well as formulate a plan to save everyone, and all before the electricity could reach any of them. So Pete's mental speed is also pretty up there.

And in anyways, this is not a gun-unloading competition. It's a fight. Where Pete's feats suggest he is fast enough to react to QS. Because another thing to consider, at least IMO, is their relative intelligence/fighting style. Nearly the entirety of Pietro's combat strategy involved shoulderbarging people, where as Peter has shown himself to be highly intelligent in combat, utilising the environment to play into his favour.

Pietro could win a few, but Spiderman takes a solid majority IMO.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Not sure how well they measure, but he also saw Mjolnir in super slow-mo, and we've seen it break orbit in seconds.

The hammer doesn't always move at the same speed. Case in point, the hammer was on the helicarrier when Thor fought Hulk, yet still took several seconds to reach him. Hulk was also able to catch it (albeit, the enchantment made the hammer yank him along for the ride). If Mjolnir had been moving at orbital speeds, both of those events would not have happened as we see them.

Darth Thor
We didn't see MCU QS run up walls did we? In which case QS will have just as hard a time tagging Spidey as vice versa.

Time-Immemorial
Spiderman stomps

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yes, but to be able to react to something, your brain needs to be able to process that information properly as well (again, see the stairwell feat). Because that goes beyond purely basic reactions (like dodging something on reflex). In that moment, he had to process all the info in his surroundings, the positions of the various people, as well as formulate a plan to save everyone, and all before the electricity could reach any of them. So Pete's mental speed is also pretty up there.

And in anyways, this is not a gun-unloading competition. It's a fight. Where Pete's feats suggest he is fast enough to react to QS. Because another thing to consider, at least IMO, is their relative intelligence/fighting style. Nearly the entirety of Pietro's combat strategy involved shoulderbarging people, where as Peter has shown himself to be highly intelligent in combat, utilising the environment to play into his favour.

Pietro could win a few, but Spiderman takes a solid majority IMO.

At first I didn't know what you meant by that "stairwell" feat so I had to rewatch it. Damn, they made Spidey into a literal speedster in that scene. Yeah that settles it, Spidey wins this.

Nibedicus
At first I didn't know what you meant by that "stairwell" feat so I had to rewatch it. Damn, they made Spidey into a literal speedster in that scene. Yeah that settles it, Spidey wins this.

I'm thinking (5:56)?

https://youtu.be/rxwG0vyWsWk

TheVaultDweller

Yeah. I actually feel like Garfield Spidey gets underrated a bit, because those films weren't particularly good. But, while he doesn't quite have Tobey Spiderman's overall strength feats, he is still very strong, and very durable as well. And as seen, extremely fast. And has some degree of healing factor, which makes up part of the whole Goblin subplot in the 2nd film.

juggerman
Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.