Blood Father

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji

Khazra Reborn
Good cast. Despite Mel's personal problems, I still check out everything he does.

Inhuman
looks ok, If only for Crazy Mel.

Im just sick of of the usual "Im a dumb female that got involved with the wrong guy" shit.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Good cast. Despite Mel's personal problems, I still check out everything he does.

Same here.

Saw the trailer for this today. Looks good.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

Another actor like that is Tom Cruise.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, but I don't find Tom Cruise as interesting, personally.

He's talented, but at the same time there seems like there's something about his ego that gets in the way of his performances.

Mel Gibson is extremely talented and just a master of the craft, whether it's acting or behind the camera.

Ascendancy
Something was a little off about the feel of that. I'll probably check it out, but just gives me a vibe like it's one of those movies that you won't quite get all that into.

Robtard
Yeah, got the same feeling, something I'll watch at home.

On the plus side, maybe Mel's blacklisting is fading and he's coming back. Still want him to film his "Berzerk" film, despite my personal feelings about him as a person.

Patient_Leech
Positive review for this...

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/reviews/blood-father

RT is looking pretty positive, too. look forward to seeing it. Might even make a trip to the theater for this one.

Kazenji
^ Yep good reviews, Only problem is its not making enough dough at the box office.

Patient_Leech
Of course it's not. It's got Mel Gibson and it's not associated with a DC or Marvel comic.

I really want to see it.

Surtur
Originally posted by Inhuman
Im just sick of of the usual "Im a dumb female that got involved with the wrong guy" shit.

Yep, just like I'm also sick of the "girls, they just love them some bad boys!" cliche. Unless the girl is 15 yrs. old or younger it's just asinine.

This basically seems to be a movie about a trailer trash father helping his trailer trash drug addled daughter.

Patient_Leech
I don't mind that cliche as long as it's done well. And since Mel's acting chops are more than enough to compensate I'm sure it's fine.

Taken was a simple and effective premise and it worked extremely well.

And the girl looks like this, so what's the problamo?

http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/6267715/420full-erin-moriarty.jpg

Patient_Leech
Just watched this. Thought it was great.

Sure enough the powerful performances and swift writing make it unforgettable. Mel Gibson is incredible. It's truly a shame that he had to ruin his image in the public eye. I like these dirty, dingy roles he's been doing, but I'm kind of sad not to see him in some more mainstream stuff, too. The girl in this is good, too, but I thought she was perhaps a little too carefree during some of the situations in the film.

But definitely check this out when you get a chance. It's a beautifully crafted piece of filmmaking.

Kazenji
Was going to see this one, As it came out this week in Australia

except it seems they pulled a limited release for it.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, it wasn't playing near me either. I wanted to pay to see it at the theater.

But I confess I downloaded it. I may buy the Blu-ray, though, to show my support.

The Nuul
so i just watched this. i streamed it.

it was really good. mel did a great performance. Everyone did in fact.

the acting was done well and so was the directing. I was iffy about mexicans being the bad guys and with a no name director from the trailer, but this stuff was pulled off in a job well done.

the only part negative part is how the mexicans pulled out some high tech shit of their asses and tracked the daughters cell phone. like they have the technology to do this shit. but this can be over looked.

again, this is a great movie. I will be watching it again tonight and will also probably buy it to show my support.

Khazra Reborn
Just stream it on Amazon instant, it's only like $6. Very good movie, Mel hasn't lost a step at all. it's a shame it didn't get a wide release.

marwash22
you lost me at Mel Gibson.

#PackOfNiggers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.