TCW Anakin vs. RotS Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
By when in TCW would Anakin win?

Kurk
S3 and beyond

Darth Thor
^ I'd say S4 and beyond.

Kurk
After the Mortis episode did it for me.

MythLord
Season 4/5 I'd say.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kurk
After the Mortis episode did it for me.

Actually that could be a good cut off point.

I wasnt counting S3 because of Anakin/Kenobi's fights against Ventress and Savage, but they were both pre-Mortis.

cs_zoltan
S4 Kenobi stomped S4 Anakin in hand to hand...

Darth Thor
Anakin didn't know who he was fighting though. Remember Kenobi and Anakin know each other's moves inside out.

Remember that sane Anakin gave Dooku the fight of his life by the end of that sane story arch.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Anakin didn't know who he was fighting though. Remember Kenobi and Anakin know each other's moves inside out.

Don't see how that matter at all.

quanchi112
Never. Anakin was an arrogant pup who only defeated Kenobi when he actually let him kill him as a decrepit dementia riddled old man muttering some thing about the force. Whack job.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Don't see how that matter at all.

It's called Context.

quanchi112
It's called Context. Did you just say that to someone else ? laughing out loud

cs_zoltan
It's called Context.

Yeah, I'm sure the fact that Kenobi knew he's fighting his best friend while Anakin thought he's fighting the man who killed his best friend somehow was advantageous to Kenobi thumb up

Darth Thor
Yeah, I'm sure the fact that Kenobi knew he's fighting his best friend while Anakin thought he's fighting the man who killed his best friend somehow was advantageous to Kenobi thumb up

Have you even read the ROTS novel?

Ever read the part during the Anakin vs Kenobi fight how they looked like 2 halves of the same warrior and knew each others fighting style more intimately than lovers?

In any case Skywalker though he was fighting some book Bounty Hunter, and you're comparing that to if he knew he was fighting a Force Wielder? Really?

I suggest you stop arguing the point now.

cs_zoltan
So you mean a force user of Anakin's calibre can only win if he knows whom he's fighting? kek.

Darth Thor
So you mean a force user of Anakin's calibre can only win if he knows whom he's fighting? kek.

Pretty sure severely underestimating an opponent doesn't help thumb up

You've also completely ignored how Kenobi and Anakin fought each other so evenly in ROTS due to knowing each other's moves inside out. Have you even read the ROTS Novel?

Like I said, I suggest you quit this argument.

cs_zoltan
So if they knew each other moves inside out that measn Anakin should've recognised Kenobi's moves, but he didn't. Which means Kenobi had to change styles and that hindered him.

Kenobi stomps even harder thumb up

I love how every time Kenobi does something impressive people go an extra mile just to try to invalidate it.

quanchi112
Dt gets more desperate by the day.

Syndicate
Tbh.

Jmanghan
S4 Kenobi stomped S4 Anakin in hand to hand... Which episode?

cs_zoltan
https://youtu.be/IC--C5SGhnI?t=3m30s

Darth Thor
So if they knew each other moves inside out that measn Anakin should've recognised Kenobi's moves, but he didn't. Which means Kenobi had to change styles and that hindered him.

Nice speculation.

Kenobi stomps even harder thumb up.

kek

I love how every time Kenobi does something impressive people go an extra mile just to try to invalidate it.

That's just not true. I've been arguing in the other thread for Kenobi vs Maul. But neither are truly Skywalker's equal. Though Kenobi stands a better chance against him knowing him so well.

Darth Thor
https://youtu.be/IC--C5SGhnI?t=3m30s

And watching that again, that fight really doesn't prove anything at all. Kenobi jumped him while Skywalker was facing Bane, and got in most his hits in that initial jump.

Then he got him in that choke. Which like I keep saying, if Skywalker actually KNEW who he was fighting, and faced him 1 v 1 in a fair fight, that whole thing would be completely different.

cs_zoltan
Nice speculation thumb up

Kenobi stomped him, simple as.

Darth Thor
Nice speculation thumb up

Kenobi stomped him, simple as.

Nice fanboy argument thumb up

cs_zoltan
It's the fact.

Darth Thor
It's the fact.

Yeah deprived of any context whatsoever.

That's how fanboys argue though. Keep it up thumb up

cs_zoltan
Says the guy who think because Anakin didn't know it was Kenobi somehow it makes up for getting stomped and choked unconscious.

Also nice ad hominems you got there, mind telling me where I can get some?

Darth Thor
Says the guy who think because Anakin didn't know it was Kenobi somehow it makes up for getting stomped and choked unconscious.

Didn't have a clue it was Kenobi and got initially jumped by him while he was facing another opponent anyway.

You acting as if that's some tiny factor to brush off is either Ignorance or Fanboyism. Take your pic.

cs_zoltan
You are acting as if he knew it was Kenobi somehow he magically could've broken out from his choke.

You are either a retard or an imbecile, take your pick.

Darth Thor
You are acting as if he knew it was Kenobi somehow he magically could've broken out from his choke.

I must keep fanboying!

You are either a retard or an imbecile, take your pick.

I must get in the last word and the superior insult!

cs_zoltan
The irony roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112

You are either a retard or an imbecile, take your pick. He is both. The best of both worlds.

Kurk
Both suck in hand to hand. Kenobi was knocked cold by two unarmed Mandalorians, beat down by Savage again, and was ragdolled by the Zygerrian Darts D'nar. Anakin failed to stomp Clovis in Season 6 when he was supposedly close to his peak. Not to mention this was a raging Anakin after catching his kissing his love and injuring his pride.

Petrus
End-S4 or 5.

The Ellimist
up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.