Darth Malak and Darth Malgus vs. Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

chingchangwalla
Peak Vader can probably scrap Malak but with Malgus constantly belting him with powerful attacks it would be hard. It all depends on how good people think Malak is.

FreshestSlice
Kek, no it wouldn't. Malgus isn't even close to Vader in anything besides skill, and that won't stop him from dying just as painful as a death as Malak.

DarthAnt66
Duo.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Kek, no it wouldn't. Malgus isn't even close to Vader in anything besides skill, and that won't stop him from dying just as painful as a death as Malak.

Malgus is no mug. I agree he isn't on Vader's level but he isn't a great deal off. He's as strong as Vader, more agile and his force attacks are potent.

FreshestSlice
He's so far behind Vader it's laughable. A bit of insulation was enough to stop his lightning. He straight up lost to mid-tier TOR protags, and that's being generous with him. He's nowhere near Vader, and pretty much the only thing that places him even on par with the likes of Obi-Wan or Anakin is wanking the protags. The ones he couldn't even kill a single one of.

Nephthys
The only thing laughable is your insane Malgus bias. Right after that he went on to overpower an extremely powerful Jedi and blast holes in him through his lightsaber defense. So he's able to char/disintegrate Jedi even before he gained immensely more powerful in Deceived. Right after he lifted and blew away the rubble of two large buildings. But no, he's nowhere near Vader, which is why Sidious told Vader to learn from Malgus specifically and said that Malgus' battlefield feats had never been equaled. But I'm sure Sidious has no clue what he's talking about, he's never been near a war ever in his entire life ever.

Revan, Soa, the Dread Masters, Lo'tek etc couldn't kill the TOR protags either. Maybe they're just, idk, really good? By themselves they're easily on par with Obi-Wan or Anakin (the force users at least) and Malgus took on 4 of them.

Deronn_solo
Vader, obviously.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Nephthys
The only thing laughable is your insane Malgus bias. Right after that he went on to overpower an extremely powerful Jedi and blast holes in him through his lightsaber defense. So he's able to char/disintegrate Jedi even before he gained immensely more powerful in Deceived. Right after he lifted and blew away the rubble of two large buildings. But no, he's nowhere near Vader, which is why Sidious told Vader to learn from Malgus specifically and said that Malgus' battlefield feats had never been equaled. But I'm sure Sidious has no clue what he's talking about, he's never been near a war ever in his entire life ever.

Revan, Soa, the Dread Masters, Lo'tek etc couldn't kill the TOR protags either. Maybe they're just, idk, really good? By themselves they're easily on par with Obi-Wan or Anakin (the force users at least) and Malgus took on 4 of them.

<3

FreshestSlice
The only thing laughable is your insane Malgus bias. Right after that he went on to overpower an extremely powerful Jedi

Said by no one.

Unlike anyone else he's ever faced ever. Is this how you determine if someone's really powerful? The fact that they die? Guess I found your source for Malgus.

But can't do the same to standard issue Trooper armor.

Which is a mid-tier feat for the novel he's in. Or does power-scaling only apply to TFU? I'm just completely shocked that you have double standards. Shocked!

To be inspired by his example of being the Emperor's best soldier, not his amazing abilities.

They've already been outdone in TOR, not to mention all the far more impressive combatants since then.

Or maybe you have no clue what you're talking about. One of those.

Revan had to stop Revan, Soa, the Dread Masters, and Lo'tek aren't really that impressive either, so you're hardly making a point. Though I will say needing twice the number of people to defeat them doesn't exactly make Malgus look impressive, especially since Revan fought them at his peak, where as Malgus fought them all before anyone else on this list.

Or maybe you're just full of shit and wank the flash without taking it into context or applying the same logic you do to everything else to TOR because if you did you'd have less to go on to wank these characters, aside from baseless accolades that they can't even substantiate even when they are going all out. Could be either one, really, but then you'd be biased, and that certainly doesn't make sense.

The_Tempest
I'm just completely shocked that you have double standards. Shocked!

Well, Neph assures me he doesn't have those. At all.

The Ellimist

Malgus is close to Vader in skill? ROFLAMO your TOR wank shows through again. thumb up

FreshestSlice
Kill yourself.

The Ellimist
If I did, as the biggest TOR fanboy on KMC you'd be an accomplice to homicide. thumb up

FreshestSlice
Do I look like LeGenD to you?

The Ellimist
Legend isn't competent to be charged of anything. You just hit the threshold.

Nephthys
Said by no one.

What, that the Jedi was extremely powerful? Pretty sure you don't need it in writing when he smashes two huge buildings on someone. But sure, if you want to accept that someone capable of that is a relative scrub in the Old Republic era, I guess I'll just have to accept that. Dang!

Unlike anyone else he's ever faced ever. Is this how you determine if someone's really powerful? The fact that they die? Guess I found your source for Malgus.

Is this a serious argument, or just petty whinging? Aryn was clearly much more powerful than this Jedi, as are Adraas, Nox and the Wrath. That doesn't prevent him from being powerful in his own right, it's merely that Malgus faced the greatest warriors of his age.

But can't do the same to standard issue Trooper armor.

That armor is displayed in the TOR encyclopedia as the armor of Havoc Squad, the most elite soldier squad in the galaxy. Try again.

Which is a mid-tier feat for the novel he's in. Or does power-scaling only apply to TFU? I'm just completely shocked that you have double standards. Shocked!

Novel? It's a short story in a magazine, bro. It's still an impressive feat, done 20 years and a oneness amp before his prime.

To be inspired by his example of being the Emperor's best soldier, not his amazing abilities.

Because being the Emperor's best soldier has nothing to do with his amazing abilities, sure. That's why Sidious at no point makes mention of Malgus' combat abilities.

They've already been outdone in TOR, not to mention all the far more impressive combatants since then.

Agreed, like I said clearly Darth Sidious has no clue. I mean, what relevance could this possibly have to someone like, oh I don't know, Darth Vader or Anakin Skywalker??? Obviously Sidious is wholly incapable of comparing them in the slightest. What a damn noob, amirite?

Or maybe you have no clue what you're talking about. One of those.

I regret having to say this since I know that its basically your only card, but insults and dismissals don't actually counter peoples arguments. Kind of just a waste of your time and mine, honestly.

Revan had to stop Revan, Soa, the Dread Masters, and Lo'tek aren't really that impressive either, so you're hardly making a point. Though I will say needing twice the number of people to defeat them doesn't exactly make Malgus look impressive, especially since Revan fought them at his peak, where as Malgus fought them all before anyone else on this list.

Shouldn't that be "at their peak"? But yeah, Soa, the Dread Masters and Lo'tek aren't impressive. Thanks for clarifying that your shit opinion is more important than the multiple sources stating them to be threats to the Republic and Empire, Jedi and Sith Orders combined. As well as numerous sources stating their immense power and their high-level feats.

Maybe you should just take a break, man. Clear your head.

Or maybe you're just full of shit and wank the flash without taking it into context or applying the same logic you do to everything else to TOR because if you did you'd have less to go on to wank these characters, aside from baseless accolades that they can't even substantiate even when they are going all out. Could be either one, really, but then you'd be biased, and that certainly doesn't make sense.

The TOR protags have way more than flash and I'd be happy to link you to the numerous solid feats they possess. And in context they are still the greatest heroes in TOR, and have defeated some of the most powerful foes of the era. 'Thor is called one of the most powerful Masters in the orders history and defeated a Sith amped on the power of hundreds of Jedi Masters, the Hero is repeatedly stated to be the greatest Jedi Warrior alive and the only threat to Vitiate, Nox curbstomped a supremely powerful Sith and possesses the power of 6 Sith Lords combined, the Wrath killed an almost unstoppable Baras and defeated Sel Makor, the Champ slaughtered the Jedi Battlemaster and Tormen, Cipher dueled the greatest Sith Vitiates empire ever produced and even the Trooper and the Smuggler comfortably take down Sith Lords. So what context am I missing bro, enlighten me on what you could possibly know that I don't.

The_Tempest
I see your longstanding hypocrisy on this subject endures. Have you devised an actual rule for when random third party sentiments count for something or is it just fiat?

The only enduring theme I've observed is that it only counts if it wanks a character you like.

Nephthys
The rule is that Sidious is intimately familiar with Vader's feats both as himself and Anakin and still states Malgus' feats to be unequaled. So claims that Malgus is nowhere near him seem suspect at best.

The Ellimist
It's about as funny as Ant not taking Darth Malak's opinion on Darth Revan > KotOR Revan seriously, but Meetra thinking Revan Reborn > Nihilus is gospel. These types of debaters really just make shit up as they go along.

The_Tempest
The rule is that Sidious is intimately familiar with Vader's feats both as himself and Anakin and still states Malgus' feats to be unequaled. So claims that Malgus is nowhere near him seem suspect at best.

And yet, per Force & Destiny, we know that the feats associated with such ancient figures are more likely than not exaggerated and hyperbolic.

Dooku and Vader are each intimately familiar with Sidious's abilities, yet you've historically criticized any sweeping endorsement of him by them.

Sounds like you're full of shit.

Vixas
If this is SF Malak and FE Malgus, they take it. If not, Vader for same said majority.

The Ellimist
^ FE Malgus but not SF Malak.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by The Ellimist
It's about as funny as Ant not taking Darth Malak's opinion on Darth Revan > KotOR Revan seriously, but Meetra thinking Revan Reborn > Nihilus is gospel. These types of debaters really just make shit up as they go along.

https://blog.jixee.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/cherry-pick.png

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
And yet, per Force & Destiny, we know that the feats associated with such ancient figures are more likely than not exaggerated and hyperbolic.

Dooku and Vader are each intimately familiar with Sidious's abilities, yet you've historically criticized any sweeping endorsement of him by them.

Sounds like you're full of shit.

Sidious literally owns Malgus' diary, lol.

Because Dooku and Vader aren't in a position to compare Sidious' power with that of beings who have been dead for millennia. Sidious has clearly studied Malgus' feats enough to comment on them and he's well-informed enough to make comparisons to those of his own time.

Vixas
^ FE Malgus but not SF Malak.

Makes things a bit trickier to judge for me then, as I feel that Malak will be pulling more interference/second-man work. Even so, Vader for a small majority due to Malak losing what I feel would be enough of a boost to keep himself viable as support. Though I will be fair to my own opinion and admit what is Malak's downfall in that regard will likely be a very expertly and potently applied force attack, whether TK or not, as in sabers I feel both combatants possess the raw power to not be battered down by Vader and enough skill and definitely enough endurance cohesively to keep him from truly bearing down on either one in sabers.

The_Tempest
Sidious literally owns Malgus' diary, lol.

And people document complete truths in their diaries?

Because Dooku and Vader aren't in a position to compare Sidious' power with that of beings who have been dead for millennia. Sidious has clearly studied Malgus' feats enough to comment on them and he's well-informed enough to make comparisons to those of his own time.

Says who? You? No question that Sidious is better educated than Dooku and Vader; but by what evidence do you have that the two of them are somehow unqualified from making those kinds of judgments?

Plagueis was a student of history as well and he came to the conclusion that no Sith before him equaled or surpassed him in power.

We know the singular answer to all these questions: You're full of shit lol.

Nephthys
And people document complete truths in their diaries?

......Yes? Thats the point of a diary.

Says who? You? No question that Sidious is better educated than Dooku and Vader; but by what evidence do you have that the two of them are somehow unqualified from making those kinds of judgments?

Plagueis was a student of history as well and he came to the conclusion that no Sith before him equaled or surpassed him in power.

We know the singular answer to all these questions: You're full of shit lol.

It's impossible for them to make that comparison with an informed point of view, having no way of feeling or measuring the power of every Sith who ever lived, specifically the greatest of them. If I said Steven Hawkings was the smartest man who ever lived my opinion would be worthless because theres no possible way for me to actually know if thats true.

Because Plagueis believed the Ancient Sith were so powerful there's no way they could actually do that stuff, as I recall.

The Ellimist

rolling on floor laughing

Emperordmb
Sidious assembled the book of the Sith prior to Grand Inquisitor Malorum's death (which was in 18 BBY) apparently, so that quote doesn't apply to peak Vader even if it was 100% accurate at the time.

The_Tempest

https://media.giphy.com/media/KTHFxuEtrVoGI/giphy.gif

Are you serious? Tell me: have you ever actually spent any meaningful amount of time with another person or are you only familiar with humanity in the abstract? You're either willfully stupid or astonishingly naive about the human condition.

It's impossible for them to make that comparison with an informed point of view, having no way of feeling or measuring the power of every Sith who ever lived, specifically the greatest of them. If I said Steven Hawkings was the smartest man who ever lived my opinion would be worthless because theres no possible way for me to actually know if thats true.

Because Plagueis believed the Ancient Sith were so powerful there's no way they could actually do that stuff, as I recall.

Plagueis says that if a preceding Sith equaled him in power, they died in obscurity. Meaning he is making a judgment based on what he knows of previous Sith and making room for the possibility that one such Sith existed, but he simply has no clue who they are. But regarding the Sith he does know about? He's judged himself better than all of them. And since dude knew about Vitiate, that's saying something.

I'm not saying that we should take that as the gospel. I'm telling you that your standards for what is and is not admissible is, predictably, absolute shit lol.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Sidious assembled the book of the Sith prior to Grand Inquisitor Malorum's death (which was in 18 BBY) apparently, so that quote doesn't apply to peak Vader even if it was 100% accurate at the time.

Sidious made later notes and corrections to the book, yet made no such correction to his statement there. Also, his feats as Anakin can be comparable to his ones as Vader's.

Emperordmb
Just because Sidious doesn't nitpick every single thing he said in the past doesn't mean he's making that statement in the future. The entire point of that statement was to provide an example for his philosophical viewpoint on rage, and that example was hardly the focus of the paragraph.

Nephthys
https://media.giphy.com/media/KTHFxuEtrVoGI/giphy.gif

Are you serious? Tell me: have you ever actually spent any meaningful amount of time with another person or are you only familiar with humanity in the abstract? You're either willfully stupid or astonishingly naive about the human condition.

There's no reason for Malgus to lie about his battlefield feats in his personal diary. Especially when they'd be on record and easily verifiable anyway. Malgus wouldn't do that, he isn't a dishonest person.

I also recall you arguing that Sidious' statements about himself in his own writings were totally reliable and shouldn't be disregarded. But obviously that can't be true, since you never commit double standards ever. laughing

Regardless it isn't my judgement that's in question here, it's Sidious'. So do you think that he's willfully stupid or astonishingly naive? They're evidently reliable enough for him to take seriously, and since theres no reason to doubt them, this is merely a transparent lowball attempt from you.

Plagueis says that if a preceding Sith equaled him in power, they died in obscurity. Meaning he is making a judgment based on what he knows of previous Sith and making room for the possibility that one such Sith existed, but he simply has no clue who they are. But regarding the Sith he does know about? He's judged himself better than all of them. And since dude knew about Vitiate, that's saying something.

I'm not saying that we should take that as the gospel. I'm telling you that your standards for what is and is not admissible is, predictably, absolute shit lol.

That doesn't discount the fact that he dismissed the most powerful feats of earlier Sith and as he's comparing them to himself he's obviously immensely biased. Sidious clearly isn't dismissing Malgus' feats and he has no reason to be biased.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Just because Sidious doesn't nitpick every single thing he said in the past doesn't mean he's making that statement in the future. The entire point of that statement was to provide an example for his philosophical viewpoint on rage, and that example was hardly the focus of the paragraph.

If he read himself saying something that isn't true, he'd correct himself. Like he does in literally every other part of the book. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The_Tempest
There's no reason for Malgus to lie about his battlefield feats in his personal diary. Especially when they'd be on record and easily verifiable anyway. Malgus wouldn't do that.

Because people don't lie in an age of verifiable records. I sincerely hope you don't pay much attention to, like, the rest of the world, because you're in for a paradigm shift of tectonic proportions.

I also recall you arguing that Sidious' statements about himself in his own writings were totally reliable and shouldn't be disregarded. But obviously that can't be true, since you never commit double standards ever. laughing

I'm sure whatever chronic brain damage you've been experiencing for the past several years has been agonizing, but if you tried really hard to pay attention, I'm sure you'll eventually note that I'm not necessarily disagreeing with Sidious's conclusions on Malgus vis a vis Vader, but am merely criticizing your habitual use of double standards.

Regardless it isn't my judgement that's in question here, it's Sidious'. So do you think that he's willfully stupid or astonishingly naive? They're evidently reliable enough for him to take seriously, and since theres no reason to doubt them, this is merely a transparent lowball attempt from you.

Stay strong, Neph. thumb up

That doesn't discount the fact that he dismissed the most powerful feats of earlier Sith and as he's comparing them to himself he's obviously immensely biased. Sidious clearly isn't dismissing Malgus' feats and he has no reason to be biased.

So, in other words, we take at face value shit that wanks characters you like and disregard the rest.

Good to know nothing's changed with you. Ironically, you're very consistent about your use of double standards. I was nervous you'd surprise me with a curveball of a coherent point.

Nephthys
Nothing here worth responding to.

The_Tempest
Nothing here worth responding to.

Ain't that the truth. All your posts should include that disclaimer. laughing out loud

JKBart
I'm on my mobile, so I can't get into lengthy debate, but generally it's pretty obvious Malgus solos.

Syndicate
Malak is pretty much fodder tier but Malgus approaches Vader. *Shrug*

carthage
Ain't that the truth. All your posts should include that disclaimer. laughing out loud

thumb up

Rebel95
Vader, but not easily. Malgus and Malak are really underrated imo

Rebel95
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Duo.
Nice sig Ant

carthage
Duo takes sabers

Vader ragdolls Malak and then kills Malgus with moderate difficulty at best.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Duo.

carthage
Dies

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Kills poor Vader. Dude's solidly above either of these individuals, but as a duo, my money's on them.

S_W_LeGenD
Terrible thread.

These two would collectively shit on Darth Vader.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Rebel95
Vader, but not easily. Malgus and Malak are really underrated imo
The irony in this post is legendary...

Darth Vader is overhyped.

quanchi112
I agree Vader is vastly overhyped. He didn't even beat Kanan and Ezra.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by quanchi112

This is Legends Vader.

quanchi112
This is Legends Vader. Canon Vader is overrated as well.

The Ellimist
Canon Vader is overrated as well.

No, I mean this thread is about Legends Vader; you were talking about Canon Vader. Legends Vader is more powerful than Galen Marek, who can oneshot AT-ATs, force push hundreds of soldiers at once, and direct falling star destroyers.

quanchi112
No, I mean this thread is about Legends Vader; you were talking about Canon Vader. Legends Vader is more powerful than Galen Marek, who can oneshot AT-ATs, force push hundreds of soldiers at once, and direct falling star destroyers. Whenever I comment it's based off canon.

Syndicate

To be fair quanch he allowed them to escape so that they could lead him back to the Rebel fleet.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Syndicate
To be fair quanch he allowed them to escape so that they could lead him back to the Rebel fleet. I disagree. He allowed the group to escape but he didn't want the duo to beat him in two on one combat IMO.

Syndicate
And they didn't. They force pushed him and he was caught off guard.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Syndicate
And they didn't. They force pushed him and he was caught off guard. To me that was a win.

Syndicate
:mmmm:

The Ellimist
Whenever I comment it's based off canon.

And you used canon Vader as an argument for why Legends Vader loses? You know, because I'm the thread starter, and I say this is Legends Vader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.