Shaak Ti vs. Asajj Ventress [Lightsabers Only]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Battle takes place on Felucia; both are in their prime.

|King Joker|
Bump.

chingchangwalla
Shaak Ti is more refined and experienced but I feel like Asajj is overall more skilled. Late TCW Ventress wins

|King Joker|
How is Ti more experienced?

chingchangwalla
Sorry, I mean 'wise' and Ventress is more battle hardened.

Syndicate
Ventress.

carthage
Ventress handily

Zenwolf
Ya know it occurs to me....what dueling feats does Ti really have? She's noted as one of the most skilled in the Order. But she has all of...3 dueling feats? 1 of which where she was overwhelmed by Grevious, the other against a warlord and the last against Galen Marek.

Discounting the Grevious one, as she didn't really much fight him. That just leaves all of 2 and one against a Non-Force Sensitive at that.

I don't mean to knock Ti down because there's other duelists who are labeled as one of the greats, yet not having any feats. It's just something I noticed and I find that kinda bizarre.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Quality kinda matters, there. I mean, even look at Sidious's track record in duels:

Defeats Maul/Opress
Stalemates/barely defeats Talzin
Loses to Mace Windu
Stalemates/barely defeats Yoda
Defeats/Kills Galen Marek
Defeats Luke
Gets raped by Luke

Which is a highly impressive but not unblemished track record by any means in terms of combats won/lost.

Meanwhile, Vader has an incredible track record in terms of combats won/lost, but I wouldn't use that as an indicator that Vader is a superior combatant, given the quality of opponents he's beaten is infinitely inferior to the quality of opponents Sidious has faced, win or lose.

If you're not counting Grevious, her one definitive L is against Galen Marek, I.e. An absolutely immense force prodigy and near-perfect lightsaber duelist who'd floor Ventress by feats.

I don't have a dog in this one, Just my 2 cents.

Zenwolf
Oh I'm not saying this to downplay Ti at all, it's just something I noticed really.

Kurk
TFU Shaak Ti takes it

Jmanghan
Originally posted by |King Joker|
How is Ti more experienced? She lived a hell of a lot longer, and had more battle experience, and was able to push Galen Marek, who would treat Ventress like a joke.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Quality kinda matters, there. I mean, even look at Sidious's track record in duels:

Defeats Maul/Opress
Stalemates/barely defeats Talzin
Loses to Mace Windu
Stalemates/barely defeats Yoda
Defeats/Kills Galen Marek
Defeats Luke
Gets raped by Luke

Which is a highly impressive but not unblemished track record by any means in terms of combats won/lost.

Meanwhile, Vader has an incredible track record in terms of combats won/lost, but I wouldn't use that as an indicator that Vader is a superior combatant, given the quality of opponents he's beaten is infinitely inferior to the quality of opponents Sidious has faced, win or lose.

If you're not counting Grevious, her one definitive L is against Galen Marek, I.e. An absolutely immense force prodigy and near-perfect lightsaber duelist who'd floor Ventress by feats.

I don't have a dog in this one, Just my 2 cents.

LOL. Galen is not a near perfect duelist. But the other points are noteworthy

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
"Under Vader's relentless tutelage, the Apprentice all but perfected the fine art of lightsaber combat and learned to wield many fearsome dark side powers."

smile

chingchangwalla
Lol. And Malak was said to be better than Revan as a lightsaber duelist which is bullshit

chingchangwalla
"For me, Malak was always the 'brawn' to Revan's 'brain' - he was renowned for his combat abilities, and I always felt that he was even better than Revan with a lightsaber. I also felt that he wasn't as strong at using the Force in other ways as Revan was."

―Drew Karpyshyn (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan Author)

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah. One is from the complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, and one is from an author who doesn't care to analyze vs characters and says it's all up to circumstance. And why is Malak > Revan as a duelist so unbelievable anyways? erm

Syndicate
?

Dooku is more technically skilled then Anakin but that didn't keep him from ultimately being beaten by him.

Plenty of opponents can be more technically skilled but lose in a lightsaber duel due to being outclassed physically, in the Force ( superior augmentation, precog, etc. ) or because they have a form disadvantage.

chingchangwalla
I just hate basing who's better than who by quotes. Revan's feats take Malak's

chingchangwalla
Just like Assaj's take Ti's

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan has saber feats?

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Syndicate
?

Dooku is more technically skilled then Anakin but that didn't keep him from ultimately being beaten by him.

Plenty of opponents can be more technically skilled but lose in a lightsaber duel due to being outclassed physically, in the Force ( superior augmentation, precog, etc. ) or because they have a form disadvantage.

Kind of got a point. Adi Gallia had shit tons more skill than Savage Opress and she still got butt****ed

Syndicate
Edit: Already been addressed.

Syndicate
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
I just hate basing who's better than who by quotes. Revan's feats take Malak's

I agree with that standpoint. I just think logic should be applied as well and if logically supported a quote can be taken at face value.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Jmanghan
She lived a hell of a lot longer, and had more battle experience, and was able to push Galen Marek, who would treat Ventress like a joke. Just because you lived longer doesn't mean you have more experience in the way of lightsaber combat. Ventress has been in a hell of a lot more duels than Shaak Ti.

MythLord
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ya know it occurs to me....what dueling feats does Ti really have? She's noted as one of the most skilled in the Order. But she has all of...3 dueling feats? 1 of which where she was overwhelmed by Grevious, the other against a warlord and the last against Galen Marek.

Discounting the Grevious one, as she didn't really much fight him. That just leaves all of 2 and one against a Non-Force Sensitive at that.

I don't mean to knock Ti down because there's other duelists who are labeled as one of the greats, yet not having any feats. It's just something I noticed and I find that kinda bizarre.

You also have her MagnaGuard feat, where she, despite just running around Coruscant and more-than-likely being exhausted by it, held off dozens of them for a good minute with just her lightsaber before going all ape-shit-crazy on their arses after getting an electrostaff.

As for the warlord, he's suppose to be one of CIS finest warriors, IIRC, Shaak could barely stand at the time, and he had the aid of a Jedi-killing Bounty Hunter in the form of Lyysha.

On top of that, she's bested Artel Darc, who was among Dooku's best operatives, IIRC. Skorr, who was one of Dooku's more inept agents, has managed to stomp an alpha male Tuk'ata. And, of course, the Tuk'ata are insanely intelligent and powerful beasts:

So yeah... I'd say she's a damn fine duelist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.