Revan vs Maul (Saber Duel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
As the title says.

Same area where Maul fought Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

chingchangwalla
Maul fanboys vs Revan fanboys. Jesus Christ what have you done

chingchangwalla
Maul takes sabers, Revan takes force and all out

Jmanghan
Its just a saber duel.

chingchangwalla
Oh, my mistake. Maul for quite a large majority

McP
Maul

The Ellimist
Maul due to having actual feats and showings.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Maul due to having actual feats and showings. Revan has hundreds of "Actual Feats and Showings".

Revan beat Malak Twice, Yusanis, Mandalore the Ultimate, all in a duel.

He was able to beat one of Vitiate's Imperial Guards. These Guards were able to take on Dark Council members in duels and beat them easily, Revan beat one in seconds.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Maul due to having actual feats and showings.
True, true. But, my opinion>yours, so Revan.

JKBart
Revan's visible superiority to people around Malgus/Marr/prime HoT level is enough to deem him completely superior to Maul, who wouldn't stand a chance against guy like Plagueis from his era.

NewGuy01
Plagueis thought Maul's speed was astonishing. He gets blitzed.

Jmanghan
Maul is not blitzing Revan.

No one in the EU is blitzing Revan.

FreshestSlice
Feel free to use some sources. Remember, this is sabers only.

Jmanghan
I already did.

In a KOTOR Sourcebook, Revan beat Malak in a pure saber duel, thats how he lost his jaw.

Then again on the Star Forge, ignore it if you want, but in the game, noe of your force powers work on Malak, which would lead it to believe that Revan beat him in a pure saber duel, as if you try to use force powers, it will fail, every time.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Maul is not blitzing Revan.

No one in the EU is blitzing Revan.
Taalon+ could.

Jmanghan
Just as well, Revan straight up beat Yusanis and Mandalore the Ultimate, two people who were the strongest of their culture.

Mandalore the Ultimate is said to be the strongest Mandalore of all time in several sources.

I don't even need to speak for the Imperial Guards, who were able to beat Dark Council members in single combat.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Taalon+ could.
Probably not.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Taalon+ could. A blitz is a one-hit kill with a saber that happens too fast for the person getting struck to react.

DarthAnt66
He's... well aware of what a blitz is. thumb up erm

NewGuy01
He was moving faster than Luke could perceive. The idea that he could move faster than Revan could react isn't exactly far fetched.

Jmanghan
And after it was already said that Dooku was probably the weakest person who could beat him in a saber duel.

And Maul is a peer to Dooku.

NewGuy01
Said by who, though?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He was moving faster than Luke could perceive.
I don't consider moving your arm "super fast!" as proof he's beyond Skywalker's perception. Unless Luke legitimately tried to fight him and could only see in blurs? I doubt that.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Said by who, though? Fightsaber.

FreshestSlice
I already did.

In a KOTOR Sourcebook, Revan beat Malak in a pure saber duel, thats how he lost his jaw.

Never said. Revan, as far as we have ever known, has never done anything in "pure sabers".

I just killed Malak with Force Storm, so somehow I don't think this is true.

Except for this isn't true whatsoever.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I don't consider moving your arm "super fast!" as proof he's beyond Skywalker's perception. Unless Luke legitimately tried to fight him and could only see in blurs? I doubt that.

Luke specifically said he didn't see him move, and IIRC that wasn't the only time he said something like that in regards to Taalon.

DarthAnt66
I recall him also physically attacking someone Luke faster than Luke could see.

I just don't see the distinction between this and other instances where Force-users that we know can be tracked by others move in blurs / disappear.

The Windu vs Palpatine fight in the eyes of Anakin and the Kenobi vs Dooku fight are excellent examples.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Never said. Revan, as far as we have ever known, has never done anything in "pure sabers".

I just killed Malak with Force Storm, so somehow I don't think this is true.

Except for this isn't true whatsoever.

1. It was mentioned in the KOTOR Campaign Guide, and once indirectly in the Plaguies Novel.

2. Show me a video where it doesn't constantly say "saved" over and over again.

That, to me, merits the inability to use force powers to beat Malak.

If it says "saved", its basically like a "miss" in an RPG, regardless if he takes a bit of damage.

FreshestSlice
1. It was mentioned in the KOTOR Campaign Guide, and once indirectly in the Plaguies Novel.

No, it doesn't, and no it isn't.

You're an idiot. Save throws, when concerning things like Force powers, determine how much damage is taken from attack. The fact that it says save, doesn't show that no damage is taken. It shows all effects from the attack, such as being stun-locked, don't happen. Not to mention, he puts that up himself, and you can take it down with Force Breach to where he takes pretty much all damage you deal out with Force powers. Not that you should be using ****ing game mechanics to make your arguments anyway.
EDIT:
Now, get on about how I cheated and this definitely isn't possible since I've proven you wrong:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266093216369037790/0932E5B89BF1FE62E4E6E732E1A7FEED21C9E2E2/

Nephthys
Can Revan compliment his saber abilities with teleportation?

Jmanghan
No, it doesn't, and no it isn't.

You're an idiot. Save throws, when concerning things like Force powers, determine how much damage is taken from attack. The fact that it says save, doesn't show that no damage is taken. It shows all effects from the attack, such as being stun-locked, don't happen. Not to mention, he puts that up himself, and you can take it down with Force Breach to where he takes pretty much all damage you deal out with Force powers. Not that you should be using ****ing game mechanics to make your arguments anyway.
EDIT:
Now, get on about how I cheated and this definitely isn't possible since I've proven you wrong:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266093216369037790/0932E5B89BF1FE62E4E6E732E1A7FEED21C9E2E2/ "No it wasn't" isn't a credible answer when theres clear-cut evidence to the contrary.

FreshestSlice
I have the guide. I read the section where it says Revan and Malak fought. It does not say it is a "sabers only" duel. Now, provide quotes, or stop posting. Also, feel free to cut that picture out. There's no reason to post it twice.

Jmanghan
I have the guide. I read the section where it says Revan and Malak fought. It does not say it is a "sabers only" duel. Now, provide quotes, or stop posting. Also, feel free to cut that picture out. There's no reason to post it twice. Being able to beat someone in sabers, doesn't mean it has to say "sabers only".

Being able to get past someone's saber defenses implies greater skill with a saber, I hope thats common knowledge.

FreshestSlice
Yes. Malak was cut by Revan. That does not mean it was a sabers-only duel. Otherwise every duel ever would be sabers-only.

Jmanghan
It does mean he's better in sabers though. Which was the point I was trying to make in the first place.

If he isn't then that would imply that Revan won through luck, or distraction, which isn't implied, and couldn't be done on the star forge, anyway.

Syndicate
Ant is actually right here though. A force user doesn't even need to perceive their opponent when they have precognition and force enhanced senses.

FreshestSlice
It does mean he's better in sabers though. Which was the point I was trying to make in the first place.

No, it does not.

Or Revan attacked Malak with the Force and used the advantage from this to hit him with his lightsaber. Is thinking really this hard for you?

Jmanghan
No, it does not.

Or Revan attacked Malak with the Force and used the advantage from this to hit him with his lightsaber. Is thinking really this hard for you? I'm going to assume that for every fight that isn't clear, but when someone wins using a lightsaber, thanks Freshest.

Nah, scratch that, I'm not going to use that logic, because its stupid. You cant prove your point, and it never states that the force was used, just that Revan cut his Jaw off with his lightsaber.

When reading that, someone isn't going to think "Well, he must have used the force! Revan didn't beat him in sabers, its impossible."

Because that'd be stupid when it isn't stated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.