Robo Cop Initiative

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
In the aftermath of the the Dallas Sniper Event. Now all everyone is talking about on the media and web is "was this right to do." by using a robot to kill the shooter. Jake Tapper is spouting that it "sets a dangerous precedent" when speaking to Chief Brown.

Brown said its couch critics at home that want to play police chief while they are in the comfort of their own homes. People who say these sort of things belong to the pajama-boy group, which that much is certain.

Jake Tapper also asked if there was another way to take the shooter out with "riot gas." That last comment made me laugh in disgust for Jake.

Up until this point I really liked him, but its clear what his motives are, which are chaos. Anyone suggesting that riot gas be used to take out a armed gunmen who just killed 5 cops is either, stupid, clearly causing confusing on purpose or just plain brain dead.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

jaden101
I'd have thought that regardless of the situation, any solution that results in a perpetrator being taken alive and put through the legal system is a better result than them ending up dead. Even if only to put a stop to moronic conspiracy theorists and their constant claims of "false flag operations".

Surtur
I am torn. On one hand I do want justice done, but on the other hand the form of justice that would take would cost the country a lot of money. But if the guy is brought in dead then we don't need to waste all that money on trials, incarceration, etc.

Unless there is some question about if a person actually committed a crime. But if we KNOW someone did then I don't see it as a loss. So I'm usually glad when the shooters or whatever end up dead.

So if there are people asking if it was the right thing to do? Yep it was since it ended up working. I'm not sure why anyone would be upset over this? Nobody is saying use these things to catch a purse stealer or something. But if you have some crazy dude using a sniper rifle to kill people? Yeah, bring out that murder-bot. As long as no innocents get hurt, use it. The precedent this sets is the cops have the potential ability to take out certain kinds of criminals without needlessly endangering themselves.

Raisen
Money is a real problem but should not be placed above human life. Whatever means is the most efficient and safe to preserve lives is my choice. This man had already killed multiple people. He needed to be stopped and this was the safest way of doing it. After a man has recently committed murder I have no interest is his safety. HE is a public hazard at that point

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.