How powerful is Asajj Ventress?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Some people think she's a clear challenge for combatants such as Maul, Kenobi, Ahsoka, etc. -- but others think she's solidly below that level, usually based on her showings against Count Dooku, and how she was soundly defeated by him. So, what do you think Ventress' actual level is? Who's the most powerful combatant she can defeat -- what's her general level?

You can discuss Legends, Canon, or composite Asajj.

Syndicate
She could beat Savage Oppress.
She's above Qui Gon and below Maul.
She's in the sub Obi Wan tier with people like Corran Horn imo.

JKBart
Just a notch beneath Rebels Ahsoka, Obi-Wan and Maul as lightsaber combatant and overall. Close contender, no truly visible disparity, but not their league. She can give them a great fight, but that's about it.

Fisto level for me. I believe Fisto would have defeated her if it wasn't for terrible circumstances for him and the fact that lightsaber duels are just random. People usually think that if A managed to beat B it's set in stone A is superior, but really, fighting is random, it's not set in stone by raw calculations. Natural randomness is as huge a factor as everything else is.

I believe Savage would defeat her soundly; she's terribly equipped against combatant of Opress's type. However, in overall combat capacity against opponents of similar levels, they're both pretty near each other.

ares834
I'd say she is significantly below a serious Obi-Wan and Maul.

Below Savage as well, though she is close to him overall.

cs_zoltan
Kenobi ragdolls her.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
I'd say she is significantly below a serious Obi-Wan and Maul.

Below Savage as well, though she is close to him overall.

thumb up

Nephthys
Originally posted by JKBart
Just a notch beneath Rebels Ahsoka, Obi-Wan and Maul as lightsaber combatant and overall.

Kurk
Eat Maul, poop him out. Then eat the feces and poop it out again. That's Ventress.

|King Joker|
Ventress is so inconsistent to me so it's really hard for me to rank her. Like, one moment she's holding off the Kenobi and Anakin duo, next she's getting tooled by Kenobi on Teth, then she's giving Anakin a good fight (who gives Dooku good fights) then she gets raped by Dooku. I mean, I know you can make up these theories as to why she performs some ways, but damn. It's annoying.

carthage
Probably on par with or slightly Below Kenobi. She's below Vos per Dooku in DRk Disciple, though for a point of reference

Deronn_solo
Above Grievous in sabers and a tad bit below Kenobi in the Force.

Overall, I'd mark her below the likes of Savage Opress, tbh.

The Ellimist
Above Kit Fisto, below TCW Obi Wan.

Syndicate
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Ventress is so inconsistent to me so it's really hard for me to rank her. Like, one moment she's holding off the Kenobi and Anakin duo, next she's getting tooled by Kenobi on Teth, then she's giving Anakin a good fight (who gives Dooku good fights) then she gets raped by Dooku. I mean, I know you can make up these theories as to why she performs some ways, but damn. It's annoying.

Not theories. Just logic. Just look at how Dooku does against all his students; Grievous, Ventress, Bulq. And then look at how they do against other characters that are peers or comparable to Dooku; Anakin, Mace, Maul. It's pretty clear that having had a direct hand in these individuals training Dooku has a clear advantage over them whereas they are at a disadvantage as he can withhold whatever knowledge about himself that he wishes.

Emperordmb
Substantially beneath peak Maul, Dooku, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka, and roughly on par with Savage.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Ventress is so inconsistent to me so it's really hard for me to rank her. Like, one moment she's holding off the Kenobi and Anakin duo, next she's getting tooled by Kenobi on Teth, then she's giving Anakin a good fight (who gives Dooku good fights) then she gets raped by Dooku. I mean, I know you can make up these theories as to why she performs some ways, but damn. It's annoying. Anakin and Kenobi aren't good as a team.

They are only able to hold off Dooku until Kenobi gets hurt, then Skywalker either gets an amp for that, or they work FAR better alone then they do together.

Petrus
I rank her just slightly below Kenobi both as a duelist and Force user.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.