Galen Mareck vs Kyp Durron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark-Kenshin
Prodigy vs prodigy.

1. Force.
2. Sabers.
3. All out.

Jmanghan
I get it, because Marek wrecks? Lel, I get it.

But yeah, Marek wrecks.

The Ellimist
By feats related to environmental manipulation, I'd say Kyp; his freighter feat is as good as Galen's showings, and his black hole feat is beyond anything Marek has done.

By feats related to combat, you could argue Galen given his army-busting and matching Vader, but Kyp hasn't necessarily been in the same situations to allow for that comparison, I dunno. Kyp does underperform at times.

By powerscaling, accolades and implications, Kyp Durron definitely; he's been suggested to have raw power on Luke's tier, while Galen is distinctly below Sidious.

Overall I'd say Kyp wins Force and all-out if he doesn't job, sabers is murkier.

Deronn_solo
1. Kyp. Superior versatility, greater degree of Force mastery, and more extensive Force knowledge. Oh, and his potential > Galen's.
2. Galen.
3. Depends, but prolly Marek. Or, maybe not. I'm not really sure, honestly

Jmanghan
Galen Marek wasn't amped when he blocked Sidious lightning, and you have no proof that he was.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Galen Marek wasn't amped when he blocked Sidious lightning, and you have no proof that he was.

Except for the explicit description of the novelization, lmao.

FreshestSlice
Oneness totally isn't an amp.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Oneness totally isn't an amp. When the game (which came first, and was developed by LucasArts), contradicts the novel at some points.

Like when Vader holds back against Galen, when we clearly see him push Vader's shit in, once canonically, twice if you count his clone, and three times if you wanna add in the non-canon fight where he kills Vader.

Maybe not in the fight itself, but QTE events are scripted, so they count.

Syndicate
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Except for the explicit description of the novelization, lmao.

Actually the thing you guys think is Oneness occurs after he gets into a force lock with Sidious. I provided this quote in another thread and you never responded.

"The Sith lightning spread to engulf the two of them, fueled by both their desperations. The Emperor tipped back his head and howled in lascivious pain. Darkness threatened to envelop the apprentice's mind, but he clutched to consciousness with feverish will. He had to see this through. He had to.

A squadron of stormtroopers ran into the room, led by a limping Darth Vader. They raised their blasters to gun down the Rebels as they fled up the Rogue Shadow's ramp.

"No!" the apprentice cried, dropping his defenses to strike one last time at the Imperials." - The Force Unleashed.

This is I believe what you guys are referring to when referring to Galen's Oneness and as shown it takes place after he matches Sidious.

"Energy surged through him. He felt as though a star had blazed to life in his chest. Driven by concern for his friends rather than himself, he embraced the Force completely, utterly, and was rewarded with strength that made his efforts with the dark side look like those of a child. His nerves were on fire. Streamers of light radiated from his skin. His bones glowed like radiant lava." - The Force Unleashed.

Syndicate
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Oneness totally isn't an amp.

Except Jmanghan's correct in that what you all believe to be Oneness didn't occur until after he had decided he was going to sacrifice himself to save the Rebels and Juno which again was after he had already engaged Sidious in a force lock.

NewGuy01
Jman's cancerous argument aside, Galen destroys him.

Jmanghan
So in both cases, Galen Marek was able to hang for a bit with Sidious using tutaminis.

Automatically puts him above ever incarnation of Vader, thanks, Syndicate.

Syndicate
NP. wink

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Except you all are wrong. erm

NewGuy01
Being right and being able to construct a half-decent argument to prove you're right are two very different things.

The Ellimist

Based on what?

Jmanghan
Being right and being able to construct a half-decent argument to prove you're right are two very different things. I don't own the novel, I own the game, and both have the same level of canon, and the novel is BASED on the game, and what happens in the novel is stupid, they try to treat Galen as a force noob when he clearly ****s up everything in his path.

Deronn_solo
INB4 Durron sucks with sabers arguments, despite the evidence to prove the contrary.

Jmanghan
Based on what? Erm, this, that was just pointed out. Galen Marek was already hanging with Sidious.

Syndicate
I don't own the novel, I own the game, and both have the same level of canon, and the novel is BASED on the game, and what happens in the novel is stupid, they try to treat Galen as a force noob when he clearly ****s up everything in his path.

Honestly the novel portrays Galen as a monstrous force user from the first mission to Raxus Prime onward.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, Jman doesn't really know what he's talking about here, but Galen wins. smile

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Syndicate
Honestly the novel portrays Galen as a monstrous force user from the first mission to Raxus Prime and onwards. Yeah but didn't they say that Vader was holding back somewhere in the fight against Galen?

NewGuy01
I don't own the novel, I own the game,

Why does this matter? Does the novel not exist if you don't own it?

Which is exactly why the game doesn't invalidate what's in the novel...

Tragic. Canon, too. thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, Jman doesn't really know what he's talking about here, but Galen wins. smile Game = Novel.

Or in this case, Game > Novel.

Its based on the game.

Just like the movie novels contradict stuff and are based on the movies.

Syndicate
That's in the TFUII fight between Vader and the clone but even that's not official, only the opinion of the voice actor Sam Witwer and thus dismissable.

The writers of the first game said that Galen Marek was the photo negative of Luke Skywalker and George Lucas said that Luke Skywalker had the potential of the Chosen One. Galen Marek's potential honestly lines up with this given Sidious says that Galen could have been his successor.

Deronn_solo
Except, novels and games operate on the same level of canocity.

The Ellimist
Erm, this, that was just pointed out. Galen Marek was already hanging with Sidious.

I can't check the source dispute atm, but Kyp beat Luke in the black hole feat comparison so who knows if he could block Sidious's tutanimus?

Kyp has a higher suggested tier in the mythos and honestly a better Magnus opus feat.

Syndicate
It's accurate. Here's the full passage.

"Good," hissed the Emperor, his claw-like hands upraised between them like a weak old man fending off an attacker. Stumbling, he fell to his knees. "Yes." He looked up at the apprentice. "You were destined to destroy me. Do it! Give in to your hatred!"

The apprentice stood over him for a moment with his lightsaber upraised. Its aqua light reflected in the eyes of the galaxy's Emperor as though it was the last thing he would ever see.

With a snap, the apprentice extinguished the blade and lowered his arm.

Kota limped up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder. "That's it, boy," he said with rough pride. "He's beaten. Let it go."

The sound of engines from above distracted them both. They looked up to see the Rogue Shadow descending over the shattered dome, lights flashing on and off to attract their attention. Its repulsors dispelled the last of the smoke and sent the apprentice's tattered cape whipping around his legs.

Juno, he thought. At last, everything is going to be all right.

"You fool!" snarled the Emperor, sending another wave of Sith lightning into Kota's back. "He will never be yours."

Kota fell with his arms upraised, and the apprentice knew that it wasn't over yet. The moment of truth had arrived.

Without hesitation, he stepped between Kota and the Emperor, taking the full brunt of the Sith lightning into his own body.

The pain was incredible, searing every nerve back to its individual cells, skewering each of them on white-hot needles. He had never before felt anything like this. He wanted to recoil from the source, to curl into a ball and let unconsciousness take the pain away, but somehow he stayed standing, seeing the world through a crackling blue light, and even took a step toward the Emperor.

"Go!" he hissed at Kota. "Hurry!"

The general hesitated only for a moment. He, too, had seen a glimpse of the future, the apprentice remembered. He knew that it came down to a simple choice: him and the Rebels or the apprentice and darkness forever. Gathering up the Rebels, Kola ushered them toward the descending ship.

Another staggering, painful step and the Emperor was within the apprentice's reach. With shaking fingers, he took the old man's bony shoulders in his hands and gripped them tight. The Sith lightning spread to engulf the two of them, fueled by both their desperations. The Emperor tipped back his head and howled in lascivious pain. Darkness threatened to envelop the apprentice's mind, but he clutched to consciousness with feverish will. He had to see this through. He had to.

A squadron of stormtroopers ran into the room, led by a limping Darth Vader. They raised their blasters to gun down the Rebels as they fled up the Rogue Shadow's ramp.

"No!" the apprentice cried, dropping his defenses to strike one last time at the Imperials. Energy surged through him. He felt as though a star had blazed to life in his chest. Driven by concern for his friends rather than himself, he embraced the Force completely, utterly, and was rewarded with strength that made his efforts with the dark side look like those of a child. His nerves were on fire. Streamers of light radiated from his skin. His bones glowed like radiant lava.

He saw rather than felt the massive shock wave that consumed a large portion of what remained of the observation dome. A glowing bubble of fire tore the stormtroopers to shreds and engulfed Vader and the Emperor. Shrapnel filled the air like dust caught in the beam of the Death Star's powerful laser.

Tossed like a leaf, the Rogue Shadow fled in haste, ramp snapping shut on its precious cargo.

I'm still a little iffy about that Dovan Basil feat Ell. Isn't it a machine/device that creates a black hole and not an actual black hole itself?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Game = Novel.

Or in this case, Game > Novel.

Its based on the game.

Just like the movie novels contradict stuff and are based on the movies.

I was more referring to your lack of knowledge, and some general lulz, I.e. Stating that the novel portrays Galen as a force noob, then using a quote from the novel as the focal point of your argument regarding Galen's superiority over Kyp.

NewGuy01
I'm still a little iffy about that Dovan Basil feat Ell. Isn't it a machine/device that creates a black hole and not an actual black hole itself?

What Kyp manipulated was the artificial black hole-ish thing it produced, not the organism itself, if memory serves.

Jmanghan
I can't check the source dispute atm, but Kyp beat Luke in the black hole feat comparison so who knows if he could block Sidious's tutanimus?

Kyp has a higher suggested tier in the mythos and honestly a better Magnus opus feat. Because Palpatine is the most powerful Dark Side user ever, barring The Son, and his mastery of Force Storm is the best use of a force power, period.

Dark-Kenshin
I don't own the novel, I own the game, and both have the same level of canon, and the novel is BASED on the game, and what happens in the novel is stupid, they try to treat Galen as a force noob when he clearly ****s up everything in his path. I don't own the novel either, but from what I've read, I feel they did the right thing. The games make Vader look awfully weak and borderline pathetic twice in a row. It felt like reading a bad fanfic with some self-insert character showing the established characters who is boss.

Syndicate
So was he really like going directly against the power of that black hole or was he affecting its direction? Like, I just don't know how much power this sort of feat is supposed to demonstrate.

Deronn_solo
To move it, had to be going against the gravitational orchestra of the Bassal, and the mass of the singularity obviously.

Syndicate
English?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I don't think the immensity of the feat itself should matter quite as much as the fact that Kyp accomplished the feat with greater ease than Luke.

Syndicate
The immensity of the feat is all that matters. How much effort somebody took to accomplish a feat is often the most circumstantial factor.

Deronn_solo
I wasn't aware that qualifies as "nerd talk", KEK. But in layman's terms; in order to move the black holes he would:

1) Have to over power the Dovin's hold on black hole --- which, by all intents and purposes, should be monstrous giving that these things can focus such insane amount of gravitational force, that they can virtually collapse time/space, and create gravatic anomalies that can completely atomize matter, absorb missiles, tear the very shields off hulls, so on and so forth.

2) He would have to move the hole itself, which, again, should be packing a pretty good degree of mass given it's gravitational pull, and such.

Quite frankly, if I was to get all sciency with the feat, the number would be absolutely absurd.

Put those two together, and you have arguably, the greatest non-nexus, non-amped, TK feats in Star Wars.

Syndicate
1. Doesn't the power of Dovan Basil's differ with each one?

2. What was this Dovan Basil's demonstrated gravitational pull?

Can I get a little more elaboration on that since the magnitude of the feat is dependent on the answer for the above two questions.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The immensity of the feat is all that matters. How much effort somebody took to accomplish a feat is often the most circumstantial factor.

Of course feats are affected by circumstances, but Kyp performing a feat easier than the guy who'd rip Galen Marek a new one is extremely relevant. thumb up

Syndicate
That honestly doesn't matter. The ease with which a feat is accomplished is mostly based on mindset, mental/emotional/physical health and a number of other factors unrelated to power and since we know for a fact that Luke is above Kyp as a force user it hardly matters.

Deronn_solo
Sure, they're some dovin's that can rip moons out of their orbits, and pull entire capital ships through hyperspace. The shield ripping, mass atomizing, missiles swallowing, etc --- is what they're capable of on average. The one Kyp moved, however, was capable of swallowing a ****ing ship, 100 meters long, IIRC. So I say, it was a bit more powerful than your average one.

Surely sporting better feats than the one that exhausted Luke's Force reserves for days.

Syndicate
"The one Kyp moved, however, was capable of swallowing a ****ing ship, 100 meters long, IIRC. So I say, it was a bit more powerful than your average one."

Fair enough. I'll take that as it's maximum capabilities.

Logically we know Luke > Kyp. If Luke was exhausted for days by affecting a Dovan Basil and Kyp was not then we have to assume the Dovan Basil Luke affected was more powerful.

SunRazer
Yeah. The NJO sourcebook makes it clear that Luke's the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy, so he's obviously more powerful than Kyp. The singularity that he manipulated was likely more powerful. Wasn't he also throwing ships into it?

Deronn_solo
Whether Kyp is more powerful than Luke or not, isn't exactly relevant, LMAO.

We just know he replicated a feat that the lattee performed, to a greater extent, empirically. As I said before, it's prolly the greatest raw TK showing in the entire mythos --- and a testament to the kind of power Kyp can bring to the table in battles.

SunRazer
Somebody has to answer my question of whether or not Luke was flinging ships into the dovin basal at the same time before we can deduce whether Kyp's feat is better.

And no, it's not a testament to the power Kyp can bring into battles, because Kyp doesn't have time to sit there and concentrate all of his power in a realistic fight.

Syndicate
"Whether Kyp is more powerful than Luke or not, isn't exactly relevant, LMAO."

It kind of is though?

"We just know he replicated a feat that the lattee performed, to a greater extent, empirically."

How do we know it was to a greater extent? Logically that wouldn't make much sense.

"As I said before, it's prolly the greatest raw TK showing in the entire mythos --- and a testament to the kind of power Kyp can bring to the table in battles."

If what you said in the post above this one is true that wouldn't be the case.

This is the quote from the post above your last one: "The one Kyp moved, however, was capable of swallowing a ****ing ship, 100 meters long, IIRC."

This would mean that Kyp has TK equivalent to this feat. Now I don't know how much power is needed to accomplish this but I'd assume feats like Dorsk 81's own outclass it.

Deronn_solo
No, Luke was not "tossing ships" LMAO. Dunno where you got that from, KEK.

I meant the raw power he is capable of, obviously. No shit, he isn't going to be sending of telekentic shoves with hundreds of thousands of tons of kenetic force in combat.
Stop trying to misinterpret my post, with retarded nitpicking. thumb up

Syndicate
I'm assuming that was to Nova... I don't think he was intending to insult you btw.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a5/db/fe/a5dbfef11062f9c910ec1879b5885fed.jpg

Deronn_solo
It's how Nova and I converse with each other.

No hard feelings. smile

Syndicate
Do you have anything to say regarding my response?

SunRazer
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
No, Luke was not "tossing ships" LMAO. Dunno where you got that from, KEK.

I meant the raw power he is capable of, obviously. No shit, he isn't going to be sending of telekentic shoves with hundreds of thousands of tons of kenetic force in combat.
Stop trying to misinterpret my post, with retarded nitpicking. thumb up

Do you have the quote with Luke's feat?

Deronn_solo
Umm, I guess?
Even if Luke is more powerful, Kyp could have just outperformed him on that day. Regardless, it shows that the two, indeed, share adjacent parity in terms of raw power ---- at least at that point in time.

By "greater extent", I meant the degree by which both were accomplished. Kyp seemed to preform the feat with more left in that tank than Luke, tbh. We can argue Luke's Dovin was more powerful, but really, were is the evidence that supports that stance?

Well, sure. But I was aiming more for un-amped, non-nexus feats, honey.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by SunRazer
Do you have the quote with Luke's feat?
On my mobile, but I'll see if I can track it down, tbh.

Syndicate
"Umm, I guess? Even if Luke is more powerful,"

Nova says there's a quote that outright states Luke is the most powerful Jedi during that time...

"Kyp could have just outperformed him on that day."

Kyp would have to have some sort of feats establishing parity prior for that to be reasonable explanation.

"Regardless, it shows that the two, indeed, share adjacent parity in terms of raw power ---- at least at that point in time."

Since we don't know how powerful the Dovan Basil Luke affected was I have to call that assumption into question.

"By "greater extent", I meant the degree by which both were accomplished. Kyp seemed to preform the feat with more left in that tank than Luke, tbh. We can argue Luke's Dovin was more powerful, but really, were is the evidence that supports that stance?"

You're right in that we don't have anything supporting how powerful the Dovan Basil Luke affected was which leaves us with two options. To assume it was =< the Dovan Basil Kyp affected and put Kyp > Luke in raw power. Or to assume that it was > then the Dovan Basil Kyp affected putting Luke above Kyp. Since there are quotes establishing Luke as the most powerful Jedi I find it logical to go with the latter option.

"Well, sure. But I was aiming more for un-amped, non-nexus feats, honey."

Oh god. Don't pull the "honey, boy, young man, kid, insert phrase that establishes yourself as a mature/intelligent individual speaking down to someone inferior to yourself" trick. It's way too overdone.

*Shrug* I don't know if it beats Sidious being able to take apart an Imperial Palace tbh. What does "swallowing" a ship mean. Does it mean the DB broke down the ships matter or?...

Deronn_solo
The "even" in that sentence, was more of an in spite of, than anything else. Of course Luke is > Kyp, but not by much. At least by that point.

Ragdolling freighters, one-shotting Leviathan's, Kyp has subtly manipulated Jaina Solo telepathically, the musing that he's capable of pulling of the Sun Crusher feat sans Kun's amp, etc. Not to mention, the fact Luke himself musing Kyp's potential is greater than his own.

Not like that matters anyway --- this feat itself proves parity.

You can rock with the latter if you wish, but I'd like to introduce a third option; Kyp just outperformed Luke at that specific point and time. On days/off days, situational resolve, circumstantial intunement with the Force, etc,can all factor into such.

Regardless, though, it at least proves they do indeed share parity, no matter how you slice the pie.

Dunno why you think I'm saying this in a condescending way, LMAO. This is a free internet forum, jokes aside, I don't claim to be smarter than anyone. You talk about me always being mean to you, yet accuse me of being arrogant when I'm just being friendly. erm

Completely atomizing it until there is virtually no matter left? The force required to do that to a 100 + ship is ridiculously high. Waaaay more than the force required to just move it. Not to mention, Durron was also fighting against the Dovin Basal itself, while moving the cruiser atomizing singularity.

Syndicate
The "even" in that sentence, was more of an in spite of, than anything else. Of course Luke is > Kyp, but not by much. At least by that point.

Ragdolling freighters, one-shotting Leviathan's, Kyp has subtly manipulated Jaina Solo telepathically, the musing that he's capable of pulling of the Sun Crusher feat sans Kun's amp, etc. Not to mention, the fact Luke himself musing Kyp's potential is greater than his own.

Not like that matters anyway --- this feat itself proves parity.

You can rock with the latter if you wish, but I'd like to introduce a third option; Kyp just outperformed Luke at that specific point and time. On days/off days, situational resolve, circumstantial intunement with the Force, etc,can all factor into such.

Regardless, though, it at least proves they do indeed share parity, no matter how you slice the pie.

Dunno why you think I'm saying this in a condescending way, LMAO. This is a free internet forum, jokes aside, I don't claim to be smarter than anyone. You talk about me always being mean to you, yet accuse me of being arrogant when I'm just being friendly. erm

Completely atomizing it until there is virtually no matter left? The force required to do that to a 100 + ship is ridiculously high. Waaaay more than the force required to just move it. Not to mention, Durron was also fighting against the Dovin Basal itself, while moving the cruiser atomizing singularity.

Given their relative feats by that point I'd question that. Unless we're saying Galen Marek also rivals Luke.

Again none of those aside from possibly the telepathic feat should be outside of Marek's own capabilities. I don't have a problem with you establishing Kyp's parity with Luke outside of the Dovan Basil feat if you're willing to acknowledge Galen would have it as well. At least by the end of TFU when he's matching Sidious.

Only if we're excepting a certain range on the power of the Dovan Basil Luke affected.

I just don't think Kyp has showed enough parity with Luke by this point to have accomplished a similar feat with much better results even if Luke was having an "off day." But to meet you halfway here I can agree that while the Dovan Basil Luke affected was likely more powerful it probably did not exceed the power of Kyp's own by a vast margin.

Only if we're excepting a certain range on the power of the Dovan Basil Luke affected.

Apologies. Most people use those terms in an antagonistic manner. Personally I prefer you use my username or given name if you're addressing me.

The singularly its itself is what Kyp is moving and thus what he's fighting against, correct? Also is that what the DB did to the ship? Atamoize it?

DarthAnt66
I don't have a problem with you establishing Kyp's parity with Luke outside of the Dovan Basil feat if you're willing to acknowledge Galen would have it as well. At least by the end of TFU when he's matching Sidious.
mmm
mmm
http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag258/mojostealth/sucide_zpsg7v233t3.gif

MythLord
I don't own the novel, I own the game, and both have the same level of canon, and the novel is BASED on the game, and what happens in the novel is stupid, they try to treat Galen as a force noob when he clearly ****s up everything in his path.

The novel came out before the game and offers a far greater description on the subject. Besides, we have confirmation Galen is no match for Palpatine and that Palpatine was tooling with him the entire time.

RHaggis
Durron in a close fight.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
The novel came out before the game and offers a far greater description on the subject. Besides, we have confirmation Galen is no match for Palpatine and that Palpatine was tooling with him the entire time. ...Well, damn.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that you were right.

Regardless, did you miss the passage that said Marek was hanging with him just fine before Oneness came into play? Or the part where Sidious was pulling his head back in pain?

Jmanghan
And, not only was Marek matching with Tutaminis, he was also able to pull back foe a sexond to stop some pesky Imperials that were hurting his friends.

Syndicate
Originally posted by MythLord
The novel came out before the game and offers a far greater description on the subject. Besides, we have confirmation Galen is no match for Palpatine and that Palpatine was tooling with him the entire time.

That's not how the novel describes it. The only thing that supports your assertion is the non canon ending. Unless you have a quote from an official source.

NewGuy01
He is referring to a quote from an official source. I don't remember what source that is, but I'll scout for it.

EDIT: Got it.

Lightsabers clashed in the Emperor's observation dome, but Starkiller was ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious.
-- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Syndicate
And, not only was Marek matching with Tutaminis, he was also able to pull back foe a sexond to stop some pesky Imperials that were hurting his friends.

Tbf dealing with the Imperials caused him to drop his defenses which ultimately cost him his life.

NewGuy01
He was dead anyway. Or, well, captured; Palpatine seemed pretty disappointed when he died, after all.

Syndicate
He is referring to a quote from an official source. I don't remember what source that is, but I'll scout for it.

EDIT: Got it.

Lightsabers clashed in the Emperor's observation dome, but Starkiller was ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious.
-- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

No need. I believe I know what you're both referring to. The summation of events isn't ultimately what matters. Only the events that occurred. You can say that Obi Wan was easily dealt with by Dooku but then you'd be underplaying how well he did against the Count in a lightsaber fight.

Syndicate
Tbf Galen was ultimately no match for Sidious's power but neither was Yoda. It didn't stop either of them from matching him in a force lock for a time.

NewGuy01
You believe you know? No shit, it's right there. erm

The summation of events actually does matter, because it gives us perspective on how the events that occurred should be interpreted. Especially when we have the DS ending onhand that sends a consistent message: Galen isn't a match for Palpatine. His last stand was sacrificial from it's inception, and while faring as he did was no small feat, it's not like he was ever taking Palpatine with him.

Syndicate
I'm typing on a phone so it's very likely I'll be posting mid length posts long after they're relevant for the next few hours.

Fair enough. I don't think that Galen was Sidious's equal.

The Ellimist
@Kyp lowballers: don't you feel like you're grasping at straws to try to discredit really clearly impressive feats and accolades for the lultz?

Syndicate
While I don't consider myself a Kyp lowballer I'm not willing to except the Kyp feats your side is peddling until I know why exactly they're so impressive.

Deronn_solo
While I don't consider myself a Kyp lowballer
Sure you aren't.

The Ellimist
While I don't consider myself a Kyp lowballer I'm not willing to except the Kyp feats your side is peddling until I know why exactly they're so impressive.

Moving black holes, ragdolling freighters and one-shotting leviathans mean nothing? Lol.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by SunRazer
The singularity that he manipulated was likely more powerful.

It might be the opposite, since Kyp's was in space and Luke's was a ground device.

And you seem to really be trying hard to discredit one of the most impressive feats in Star Wars just because you don't want Kyp to win, lol.

Syndicate
Moving black holes, ragdolling freighters and one-shotting leviathans mean nothing? Lol.

I need to know what exactly the black hole was capable of to understand the magnitude of Kyp's feat.

The other feats have been replicated by Galen to greater or less degrees.

Now, DC says that the black hole atomized the 100 meter ship. Can I get confirmation of this via a quote/scan?

Deronn_solo
Despite the fact I spelled out for you what the holes are capable of, and explicitly explained it's nature? Moving a gravatic anomoly that visibly collapse space/time, while fighting the force of the creature that created it --- is better than anything Galen has done.

The Ellimist
I'm on my phone but yeah it actually swallows the ship.

Nephthys
Marek is a way better fighter than Durron is, he should win.

Syndicate
Despite the fact I spelled out for you what the holes are capable of, and explicitly explained it's nature? Moving a gravatic anomoly that visibly collapse space/time, while fighting the force of the creature that created it --- is better than anything Galen has done.

This isn't a real black hole though. Just an artificial singularity.

I'm asking if you have evidence that it atomized the ship. If not I'm going to simply assume the ships mass was ripped apart.

What do you mean by physically fighting the force that created it? If the creature created and is maintaining the singularity then he's only fighting against the force the singularity is producing not the thing producing the singularity as well.

Deronn_solo
That still operates the same way a legit black holes does, as I've explained, time, and time again. It's an gravatic anomoly that collapses space/time. Simple as that, really.

Honestly, It's starting to get repetitive at this point --- which is why I dislike debating you. The same points must keep get hammered in, despite the nail being as deep as can be, several "blams" ago.

Yes? The ship was literally, swallowed, thus atomized. You constantly debating against material you obviously haven't bother reading, is disgusting.

Deronn_solo
Also, I'll fetch the quote whenever I get the time. I'm not prioritizing anything, tho.

Syndicate
That still operates the same way a legit black holes does, as I've explained, time, and time again. It's an gravatic anomoly that collapses space/time. Simple as that, really.

Honestly, It's starting to get repetitive at this point --- which is why I dislike debating you. The same points must keep get hammered in with, despite the nail being as deep as can be, several "blams" ago.

Yes? The ship was literally, swallowed, thus atomized. You constantly debating against material you obviously haven't bother reading, is disgusting.

I only ask because real black holes don't atomize mass. They contract it to incredibly small and incredibly dense matter which serves to increase the gravitational mass and power of the singularity.

Syndicate
Also, I'll fetch the quote whenever I get the time. I'm not prioritizing anything, tho.

Do what you want.

The Ellimist
I only ask because real black holes don't atomize mass. They contract it to incredibly small and incredibly dense matter which serves to increase the gravitational mass and power of the singularity.

Um, how's that different?

That it's "artificial" doesn't matter if it operates on the same mechanisms.

Syndicate
I couldn't give you a calc personally but there's a difference between contracting matter and atomizing it.

I just want to make sure that ( like you said ) it operates on the same mechanics and is not simply a device like Centerpoint Station used to manipulate gravity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.