Quote(s) for Maul improving from SoD to Rebels?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Which one was the quote that said he grew more powerful since SoD, again?

Syndicate
The quote says that upon meeting Ezra he shakes himself out of his reverie and becomes more powerful then ever. Another one says he's increased his knowledge.

There are two other quotes ( one of which is official ) that Maul declined physically and as a duelist.

SunRazer
Yes, I'm looking for the exact quote.

Though you're welcome to share those quotes about physical/dueling decline as well. I wasn't aware of their existence.

NewGuy01
None of them are official, that I'm aware of. On either side.

Syndicate
Well one is by Sam Witwer a voice actor. Another is by the director of the show, Filoni.

SunRazer
Just where are the actual quotes, lol? Do you guys remember the thread that KJ posted them in?

Syndicate
KJ has all the quotes stockpiled but when I asked Emp to ask KJ for them for me he never got back to me.

DarthAnt66
Life is so unfair.

Syndicate
thumb up

SunRazer
I'll wait for KJ to post them here, then.

Syndicate
You and I both. I've been waiting a month.

SunRazer
She posted them days ago in a thread with ILS approving of it, and now I can't remember which one.

Syndicate
Yep.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Syndicate
Well one is by Sam Witwer a voice actor. Another is by the director of the show, Filoni.
Since when has being a voice actor made anything official?

|King Joker|

SunRazer
Thank you. smile

|King Joker|
Originally posted by SunRazer
She http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/no/754.gif

SunRazer
Shit, lol. I know you're a he. I don't know why I said that, tbh.

SunRazer
Your links are dead.

|King Joker|
Wtf, they were just working when I posted. :mmm:

|King Joker|
First quote link: http://www.starwars.com/news/ranking-rebels-10-highlights-from-twilight-of-the-apprentice
Second quote link: http://www.starwars.com/news/darth-maul-the-story-of-an-apprentice

SunRazer
Thanks again smile

Syndicate
"Since when has being a voice actor made anything official?"

Whenever someone references TFUII. smile

Aside from that I'm referring to the one made by Filoni. You know the director of the show. smile

Syndicate
Give me the quotes saying Maul is less skilled then he once was by Filoni Joker.

|King Joker|
That quote doesn't ****ing exist because Filoni never said that.

SunRazer

Syndicate
Thats one of them. There's one that directly relates to his skill.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Syndicate
"Since when has being a voice actor made anything official?"

Whenever someone references TFUII. smile

Aside from that I'm referring to the one made by Filoni. You know the director of the show. smile
Uh no. We place Marek below Vader because we actually read the novel.

Selenial
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Uh no. We place Marek below Vader because we actually read the novel.

But you place Old Master Maul above SoD Maul despite being beaten by Kanan.

Sick.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by |King Joker|
That quote doesn't ****ing exist because Filoni never said that. Tbfh thumb up

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Selenial
But you place Old Master Maul above SoD Maul despite being beaten by Kanan.

Sick.
Canon is a disgusting place where you can close your eyes and do anything, or grab two lightsabers and do anything.

|King Joker|

SunRazer
That's the only quote I'm aware of relating to "being past his prime", and as you said, prime can refer to a lot of things.

|King Joker|
Well, given the context of that specific quote it's clearing referring to his prime as a character, IMO. Either way, Syndicate keeps referring to some imaginary quote from Filoni for some reason despite, like, no one having heard of it or being able to find it.

Beniboybling
Sounds like wishful thinking. thumb up

|King Joker|
Indeed.

quanchi112
Dear lord.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Which isn't relating to combat ability, rather than his prime as a character, i.e. when he had a galactic presence with potential, controlling armies and conquering worlds. In S2 he was stranded on Malachor.

You mean Maul is past his political prime? mmm

Darth Thor

quanchi112
So when someone says Jordan is past his prime they aren't referring to his basketball skills. How stupid can you be, Darth Thor ?

NewGuy01
Drop it, Syn. Even if Joker has a second quote, he's not going to share it willingly.

Find it yourself, pleb. uhuh

Syndicate
I know I exists. I saw him post it.

Oh yes he did precious... He'll gives it up eventually...

@Freshest: I know you're senile in all but I didn't know you were also illiterate. Read: TFUII. Starkiller. Not Galen.

Also given you're an illiterate nugger I doubt you've reader either TFU novels.

quanchi112

|King Joker|
I didn't post it because it doesn't exist, but okay.

Petrus
mmm

Beniboybling
Originally posted by quanchi112
So when someone says Jordan is past his prime they aren't referring to his basketball skills. How stupid can you be, Darth Thor ? Implying fighting skills is all there is to Maul. confused

quanchi112
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Implying fighting skills is all there is to Maul. confused When people refer to Jordan's prime they are referring to his basketball skills. That isn't all there is to Jordan either but the meaning is clear. The same thing applies to Maul here. Do you think Yoda was at his physical prime when we see him in the films ?

Darth Thor
Sure Maul ruled Mandalore at one point, but clearly his prime would be when he is swinging his Saber the fastest.

Also Quanchi doesn't even believe half the stuff he says. He's just trying to me. He's obsessed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Sure Maul ruled Mandalore at one point, but clearly his prime would be when he is swinging his Saber the fastest.

Also Quanchi doesn't even believe half the stuff he says. He's just trying to me. He's obsessed. So now you want to ride my coattails. What have I posted about that I don't believe ? Provide proof as you're the one who is a fanboy with excuses in seeming infinite supply.

What does he's trying to me actually mean ?

Beniboybling
When people refer to Jordan's prime they are referring to his basketball skills. That isn't all there is to Jordan either but the meaning is clear. The same thing applies to Maul here. Do you think Yoda was at his physical prime when we see him in the films ? Why? Maul's saber skills were hardly what defined him in TCW...

quanchi112
Why? Maul's saber skills were hardly what defined him in TCW... a Sith and jedis skills with a saber do matter. When referring to the skills of any person in a craft that is what they are referring to not their ability to parent or the college degrees they have or don't have. How relevant would Michael Jordan be without basketball ? The same applies to Maul had he not become a Sith.

Beniboybling
So essentially what you are saying is that lightsaber skills are the most fundamental ability any Jedi or Sith possesses. Right. I disagree. Funnily enough power and influence is probably the most important defining factor of any one Banite Sith Lord, that is their "craft".

More importantly though the context suggests that's what's being referred to.

Darth Thor
Why? Maul's saber skills were hardly what defined him in TCW...

He doesn't get Maul's story arc.

Beniboybling
Yeah when Maul emerges from hermitage he doesn't enter in the tri-annual lightsaber tournament.

He gains power and influence, cause that's what Sith's do. thumb up

quanchi112
So essentially what you are saying is that lightsaber skills are the most fundamental ability any Jedi or Sith possesses. Right. I disagree. Funnily enough power and influence is probably the most important defining factor of any one Banite Sith Lord, that is their "craft".

More importantly though the context suggests that's what's being referred to. I didn't say that but that's what the quote is referring to. When someone says Jordan's skills have declined they are referring to his basketball skills just like the quote with regards to Maul. You're trying to ignore the obvious implications of the quote to turn this into a most defining factor conversation instead of the obvious message his skills worsened. His skills were diminished just as they do with everyone in star wars sooner or later.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He doesn't get Maul's story arc. Irony.

Beniboybling
I didn't say that but that's what the quote is referring to. When someone says Jordan's skills have declined they are referring to his basketball skills just like the quote with regards to Maul. You're trying to ignore the obvious implications of the quote to turn this into a most defining factor conversation instead of the obvious message his skills worsened. His skills were diminished just as they do with everyone in star wars sooner or later. That's exactly what you said, you said Maul's most defining trait is his saber skill, just like Jordan's most defining trait is his basketball skill, therefore being "past his prime" must refer to that talent. Except it's not so it is not. Case closed.

Beniboybling
EDIT: Double post.

Petrus
Eh, past his prime could mean many things tbh, and it probably doesn't refer to his prowess as a fighter in this case. It's pretty clear Maul is still kicking ass in Rebels, seeing how he manhandled the Inqs, how he went toe-to-toe with the most powerful iteration of Ahsoka we've seen and how Kanan considers him to be stronger than himself or Ahsoka.

quanchi112
That's exactly what you said, you said Maul's most defining trait is his saber skill, just like Jordan's most defining trait is his basketball skill, therefore being "past his prime" must refer to that talent. Except it's not so it is not. Case closed. So you don't believe past someone's prime refers to the skills they are known for ? So if someone says Vader is past his prime that doesn't refer to his skills but his power and influence. That doesn't make sense.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Petrus
Eh, past his prime could mean many things tbh, and it probably doesn't refer to his prowess as a fighter in this case. It's pretty clear Maul is still kicking ass in Rebels, seeing how he manhandled the Inqs, how he went toe-to-toe with the most powerful iteration of Ahsoka we've seen and how Kanan considers him to be stronger than himself or Ahsoka. Yoda is still a force when it comes to Jedi skills but he's obviously past his prime.

Petrus
Yoda is still a force when it comes to Jedi skills but he's obviously past his prime.

Old =/= past his prime, though.

Beniboybling
So you don't believe past someone's prime refers to the skills they are known for ? So if someone says Vader is past his prime that doesn't refer to his skills but his power and influence. That doesn't make sense. Erm no, I do, however unlike you I don't think Maul is one trick pony, and pay attention to the contexts which imply its referring to his political talents and ambitions. thumb up

Petrus
Either way, thanks to his feats in Rebels it could be argued he's as powerful as ever. Kanan pairing him with Ezra also suggests that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.