Spiderman vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
1. In NYC random encounter, No prep both use full powers and abilities.
2. The above but this time SM has prep.

Who wins in each of the above and why ?

golem370
1.Colossus will never lay a hand on SM but Spider-Man can't drop Colossus so Spider-Man will need a plot device like he used against Juggernaut.

2.Spider-Man win this because he is very smart and he has prep.

Zack M
Colossus.

golem370
Loses.

AlmightyKfish
1. Pretty much ends in a stalemate. Spidey can realistically avoid Colossus completely but also will have an incredibly hard time actually damaging him.

2. Spidey. Peter is definitely smart enough to come up with ways to bring Colossus down with prep time.

Vanguard
Spiderman for both.

Colossus look like Tarzan, fights like Jane.

Glorificus
1. Spider-Man could possibly win by quickly webbing Colossus's face - in particular several layers around the nose and mouth so that Colossus may suffocate.

Otherwise, it's a stalemate, until eventually Spider-Man wears down and Pete thunder claps him or something.

2. With prep-time I'd say Spider-Man.

StiltmanFTW
He doesn't breathe, Glori.

DarkSaint85
1. Colossus. Spidey will tire eventually. Piotr only needs to get insanely lucky once.

2. Spidey genius wins.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, there's the endurance factor. Plus, Piotr is faster than it seems... his metal form actually amps his speed.

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
1. Colossus. Spidey will tire eventually. Piotr only needs to get insanely lucky once

This reminded me of that Ares vs Spider-Man topic.

leonidas
1. Colossus. Spidey will tire eventually. Piotr only needs to get insanely lucky once.

2. Spidey genius wins.

pretty much. in scenario 1 it's possible pete can use the environment to take him down or wear him out enough to finish him, but it would be tough sledding for spidey.

StiltmanFTW
What if... Piotr uses the environment? You know, like Herc did and trapped Parker under a dozen of cars?

leonidas
i think pete would be smarter than that MOST of the time. i could see him walking colossus through electrical wires, putting him in the middle of explosions, hitting him with cars from behind maybe.... if someone has an advantage in this city setting i'd think it would favor pete pretty heavily. piotr wouldn't just randomly start crashing buildings and things like that, not in character at least. he's harder to hurt than ben is though imo, so it would be tough for pete to wrack up enough damage without getting tagged before c was hurt enough to fall..... he'd need to go the juggernaut route and basically trick his way to a win. the city setting allows for that though i think, at least a couple times out of 10.

StiltmanFTW
I see this happening.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/3752787-8901726989-24343.jpg

vin

leonidas
lol if pete is dumb enough to try THAT against piotr, then yeah, he deserves to get his a$$ handed to him. thumb up

of course, piotr ain't no herc.

StiltmanFTW
He's not, but he's similar in the speed and durability departments.

Parker tried that against countless of foes that he should've known better than to engage in a melee confrontation... hurt his "Class 10" hands on metas with durability much inferior to Colossus, btw. Examples being the Lizard, rock-form Sandman or Tombstone.

Got Rhino'd, even...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60199/1993764-992526_sunlimited0603au5_super.jpg

Magnificent M
Only way I see Spidey winning scenario 1 is if he can web up Big C enough for the incapacitation.

Decter
1. Colossus

2. Spidey

psycho gundam
Then you ask: how do you prep for Colossus? Junkyard magnets really aren't just laying around these days nor are wet concrete pits. Juggernaut's "defeat" was story driven, this isn't.

Colossus was almost killed way back in the day by the Brotherhood in a similar way as the Juggernaut fiasco but his was far more ridiculous cause it required Pyro heating him up till he was incandescent then they somehow had like 4 tanker trucks full of liquid nitrogen freeze him till his skin split down to the bone. Good luck with replicating that on a freelance cameraman budget

Decter
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Good luck with replicating that on a freelance cameraman budget

He's made an invisibility suit on a cameraman budget

Decter
In fact now that I think about it. Didn't Spidey have some pretty good prep feats in Horizon Labs?

JayDaDon
Oh with Spidey's Horizon lab resources Piotr is getting prepped on hard.

DarkSaint85
Then you ask: how do you prep for Colossus? Junkyard magnets really aren't just laying around these days nor are wet concrete pits. Juggernaut's "defeat" was story driven, this isn't.

Colossus was almost killed way back in the day by the Brotherhood in a similar way as the Juggernaut fiasco but his was far more ridiculous cause it required Pyro heating him up till he was incandescent then they somehow had like 4 tanker trucks full of liquid nitrogen freeze him till his skin split down to the bone. Good luck with replicating that on a freelance cameraman budget

He's the CEO of Parker Industries. And has access to a lot of tech and resources (he prepped for a variety of Spidey villains).

Flyattractor
He's the CEO of Parker Industries. And has access to a lot of tech and resources (he prepped for a variety of Spidey villains).

When did Peter become Bruce Wayne?

DarkSaint85
Legacy of Otto. When he was in charge of his body, he created the company. So since....2013?

StiltmanFTW
Since Octavius' took control of his body, Superior Spiderman series.

StiltmanFTW
Legacy of Otto. When he was in charge of his body, he created the company. So since....2013?

Yes, 2013.

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/47384/superior_spider-man_2013_20

Sin I AM

Prep in forum matches translates to one sided pis these days.

golem370
He could trick Colossus in a buildings foundation like he did Juggernaut he could also run a gasoline truck into it.

krisblaze
Originally posted by golem370
He could trick Colossus in a buildings foundation like he did Juggernaut he could also run a gasoline truck into it.
That was so retarded even Juggernaut and Spidey had to laugh at it.

Colossus is strong enough to just move his arms and break the cement apart. It's not something that could realistically hold a 100 tonner.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Prep in forum matches translates to one sided pis these days.

But Spider-man, like Bats, is known for creating and equipping tech designed to take down specific threats.

psycho gundam
Nothing will work on Colossus. He doesn't tire or need to breathe.

Spider-man needs hokey plot to even start the argument that he can somehow win whereas Colossus just needs a pulled right cross to Spider-man's jaw

AlmightyKfish
Doesn't anti-metal turn Colossus back to human form?

We saw Peter prep anti-metal tracer shots when he was at Horizon, he now has access to even more resources than he did then.

I mean that's an example of a specific prep method that we've seen Peter use before so I'd say that's valid.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by JayDaDon
But Spider-man, like Bats, is known for creating and equipping tech designed to take down specific threats.

It's not a win though. It's a sequence of unfortunate events that push along the story.

Also prep time isn't infinite..It's only a certain amount of minutes. So if the prep time is say 30 minutes what could parker reasonably whip up in an half an hour. He's not reed Richards or a doc fate. This is peter parker whod have to web sling from one location to another to create something then web sling back to the fight before the bell tolls.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Doesn't anti-metal turn Colossus back to human form?

We saw Peter prep anti-metal tracer shots when he was at Horizon, he now has access to even more resources than he did then.

I mean that's an example of a specific prep method that we've seen Peter use before so I'd say that's valid.

Exactly. There's one method. Anti metal 100 percent worked on Piotr.

JayDaDon
Nothing will work on Colossus. He doesn't tire or need to breathe.

Spider-man needs hokey plot to even start the argument that he can somehow win whereas Colossus just needs a pulled right cross to Spider-man's jaw

Since when is Colossus unbeatable? Spidey has taken a lot more than that to be taken down in the past...

StiltmanFTW
Colossus has defeated amped Juggs who had enough power to kill Cyttorak himself laughing out loud

Parker can go back to eating dog feces, like he was doing in his school times, under the tutelage of Carl King. 100% canon.

golem370
Colossus won't ever touch Peter in the first scenario and the second I am sure he could prepare something for Colossus

psycho gundam
Since when is Colossus unbeatable? Spidey has taken a lot more than that to be taken down in the past... Unbeatable for Spider-man, and that's okay

The beauty of Spider-man is he would know that and since nothing's really on the line his "prep" would be a speech of surrender so good that Colossus would say something like "nyet. It is I who will surrender, comrade", then Spider-man would just say "k" and that's that

Stoic
I don't believe that Parker would need prep to defeat Piotr. Piotr obviously has the durability advantage, and the strength, but Parker bring speed, agility, precognitive powers, and a percentage of strength to the table. Could enough uninterruptible hits hurt Piotr? This should really be the question here. I for one believe that it would be possible. He did defeat Firelord with enough punches, even though the fight was PIS. However how much PIS was involved?

1. Firelord could have ended the battle with a large enough blast which would have killed Spiderman.

2. His flight speed should have also given him a huge advantage, but Piotr doesn't use blast, and can not fly.

Those two things made the battle PIS, but the blows that put Firelord down and out wasn't PIS. Piotr is likely more durable to physical attacks than Firelord, because Parker would most likely break his hands punching him directly, but what would happen if he repeatedly webbed Piotr up, and slammed him into the concrete environment. I believe that he could eventually win this way. So what I'm basically saying is that it wouldn't be physically impossible for Spiderman to beat the hell out of the much slower, less agile, one trick pony that Piotr actually is.

Colossus wins 9/10 if he manages to land a blow.
Spiderman wins 8/10 if he manages to evade.

Sin I AM
One thunderclap and he rag dolls parker to submission

golem370
Spider-Man took a thunderclap point blank from Professor Hulk and it wasn't able drop Peter so I doubt Colossus could.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Stoic
I don't believe that Parker would need prep to defeat Piotr. Piotr obviously has the durability advantage, and the strength, but Parker bring speed, agility, precognitive powers, and a percentage of strength to the table. Could enough uninterruptible hits hurt Piotr? This should really be the question here. I for one believe that it would be possible. He did defeat Firelord with enough punches, even though the fight was PIS. However how much PIS was involved?

1. Firelord could have ended the battle with a large enough blast which would have killed Spiderman.

2. His flight speed should have also given him a huge advantage, but Piotr doesn't use blast, and can not fly.

Those two things made the battle PIS, but the blows that put Firelord down and out wasn't PIS. Piotr is likely more durable to physical attacks than Firelord, because Parker would most likely break his hands punching him directly, but what would happen if he repeatedly webbed Piotr up, and slammed him into the concrete environment. I believe that he could eventually win this way. So what I'm basically saying is that it wouldn't be physically impossible for Spiderman to beat the hell out of the much slower, less agile, one trick pony that Piotr actually is.

Colossus wins 9/10 if he manages to land a blow.
Spiderman wins 8/10 if he manages to evade. NO

JayDaDon
Unbeatable for Spider-man, and that's okay

The beauty of Spider-man is he would know that and since nothing's really on the line his "prep" would be a speech of surrender so good that Colossus would say something like "nyet. It is I who will surrender, comrade", then Spider-man would just say "k" and that's that

Prep = a battle of wits. Piotr's feats in THAT department...probably don't measure up.

Sin I AM
Spider-Man took a thunderclap point blank from Professor Hulk and it wasn't able drop Peter so I doubt Colossus could.

Sounds like pis

Prep = a battle of wits. Piotr's feats in THAT department...probably don't measure up.

Sounds like spite

psycho gundam
That's not even what the thread is about

StiltmanFTW
That's not even what the thread is about

Welcome to KMC, pg. Enjoy your time here.

I encourage you to make a post in the Welcome section.

Delta1938
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Welcome to KMC, pg. Enjoy your time here.

I encourage you to make a post in the Welcome section.

Such a warm welcome you gave Amanda there!! laughing

Stoic
NO

Why no? Strength isn't everything, and people need to recall that Spiderman took hits from a Phoenix empowered Colossus and wasn't KO'd. You can't just argue that strength, and durability wins out every time. Spiderman has strength, agility, speed, resources (webs and tech), clinging abilities, and precognitive powers, that he has regularly used. He wins IMO but it would take a long time.

DarkSaint85
And as time goes on, he will get tired.

Colossus will be as fresh as a daisy. How long can Spidey jump away? 5 mins? 10? An hour? Three hours? At the end of the time period, he will be close to collapse, for as long as it takes. He will start making mistakes.

Meanwhile, every punch he lands on Colossus won't do squat. And a hundred won't do squat either. They don't add up, he's not the Flash. If a child taps me, it won't hurt me. A hundred won't hurt me, nor a thousand.

Decter
Why no? Strength isn't everything, and people need to recall that Spiderman took hits from a Phoenix empowered Colossus and wasn't KO'd. You can't just argue that strength, and durability wins out every time. Spiderman has strength, agility, speed, resources (webs and tech), clinging abilities, and precognitive powers, that he has regularly used. He wins IMO but it would take a long time.

Why do you keep using PIS feats to support your case?

krisblaze
And as time goes on, he will get tired.

Colossus will be as fresh as a daisy. How long can Spidey jump away? 5 mins? 10? An hour? Three hours? At the end of the time period, he will be close to collapse, for as long as it takes. He will start making mistakes.

Meanwhile, every punch he lands on Colossus won't do squat. And a hundred won't do squat either. They don't add up, he's not the Flash. If a child taps me, it won't hurt me. A hundred won't hurt me, nor a thousand.

This is only partially true.

Spiderman has ways of amplifying his kicks and punches by swinging and jumping.

He's not very strong but he has great striking power.

psycho gundam
Why no? Strength isn't everything, and people need to recall that Spiderman took hits from a Phoenix empowered Colossus and wasn't KO'd. You can't just argue that strength, and durability wins out every time. Spiderman has strength, agility, speed, resources (webs and tech), clinging abilities, and precognitive powers, that he has regularly used. He wins IMO but it would take a long time. Hmm Spider-man was armoured here

Cap vs Phoenix 5. Make the thread before someone else does

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/118094/3698036-amazing+spider-man+534+17.jpg

JayDaDon
Like Colossus would fare any better against Cap's jobber aura

Stoic
Originally posted by Decter
Why do you keep using PIS feats to support your case?

It's PIS if it happens once or twice, but Spiderman does these things often. Sorry but your refusal to acknowledge him based on being weaker in this scenario is weak. Spiderman wins, because he never ever has to engage Piotr on his terms. Peter isn't a dummy man character, but instead is one of the more brilliant characters around. For him to jump into Piotr's face like a noob, would be PIS. This is truly his fight to lose. If they fought it out in a closet, then sure, Piotr wins by a landslide.

Sin I AM
So spiderman is unhittable now?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by krisblaze
This is only partially true.

Spiderman has ways of amplifying his kicks and punches by swinging and jumping.

He's not very strong but he has great striking power.

You think he can amp enough to hurt/affect Piotr?

krisblaze
You think he can amp enough to hurt/affect Piotr?

Nah, not enough to take him down.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Delta1938
Such a warm welcome you gave Amanda there!! laughing

big grin

JayDaDon
Atleast with prep, the odds of Spidey taking down Piotr with tech are far higher than a slow ass brick trying to take down one of the most agile, mobile, and quickest heroes WITH precog who already knows he doesn't want to get hit by him.

StiltmanFTW
a slow ass brick

That's the thing, he's not a slow ass brick. His transformation enhances not just his strength, durability and stamina, but also speed. Just to a lesser degree.

Parker had problems with what he considered a fast brick before, like with the Rhino or Titanium Man.

golem370
In the first Secret Wars he made Wolverine, Colossus, Nighcrawler, Rogue, Storm, & Cyclops look like chumps.

JayDaDon
That's the thing, he's not a slow ass brick. His transformation enhances not just his strength, durability and stamina, but also speed. Just to a lesser degree.

Parker had problems with what he considered a fast brick before, like with the Rhino or Titanium Man.

But he's also straight up beaten the fear of God into the rhino with nothing but his fists. Averages and such...

StiltmanFTW
In the first Secret Wars he made Wolverine, Colossus, Nighcrawler, Rogue, Storm, & Cyclops look like chumps.

So did Wasp in the very same event, but okay, let's play the way you want to.

Modern, adult Colossus has made a New X-Men team look like chumps.

Has done so to the Wrecking Crew and one of Parker's most formidable enemies, Doc Ock, too. At the same time. Eventually he got struck with Wrecker's crowbar, but he was owning them all before that.

Ock one-shotted Spidey, Wrecker - no crew to help him - has humiliated him on numerous occasions.

StiltmanFTW
But he's also straight up beaten the fear of God into the rhino with nothing but his fists. Averages and such...

Fallen Son? He also used webbing to blind him then, actually.

golem370
Imo Spider-Man has to be trulty off his game to get hit by Colossus, Pete is way to fast and agile.

StiltmanFTW
Imo Spider-Man has to be trulty off his game to get hit by Colossus, Pete is way to fast and agile.

Gets hit by Rhino...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/8/80103/2047677-rhino_isn_t_slow.jpg

Blob...

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/asm11a.jpg

Grabbed by *** Man...

"Damn... he's faster than he looks."

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/spider-man-vs-titanium-man-5.jpg

golem370
Titanium Man might have targeting system but the other has to be pis

DarkSaint85
Yeah, but you guys all forget that Colossus never tires.

Spidey does.

How long is Spidey dodging Piotr? A full minute? An hour? A day? How long?

Meanwhile, he's not putting Piotr down with his own strikes.

golem370
Spider-Man as tossed a tank with his webbing he used a 3 ton wrecking ball against he used a wall of webbing to try to stop Juggernaut cemet to stop him. He's able to think on his feet. He beat Titania who should close to Colossus in strength.

StiltmanFTW
A mini-tank, actually. As stated on panel by Paladin.

golem370
It might not been a A1 tank but it should way a few tons where as Colossus weights 550lbs.

JayDaDon
Fallen Son? He also used webbing to blind him then, actually.

No actually I'm referring to this case.

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/SFNF4-5-300x247.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11126/111268742/4990522-1394196577-SFNF4.jpg

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/SFNF4-7-300x295.jpg

StiltmanFTW
It might not been a A1 tank but it should way a few tons where as Colossus weights 550lbs.

When he's bracing, Parker ain't moving him.

Just as Reilly couldn't budge Venom.

JayDaDon
Bracing? He's getting the shit beaten out of him.

StiltmanFTW

Was replying to golem.

As for the Rhino ownage, yes, it did happen.

Just as normal human mooks beat Parker unconscious, don't forget wink

DarkSaint85

Really? Parker can output that kinda damage?

iceman24567
Wow i thought Stilt would have put this thread to rest already i guess not. Lets not kid ourselves the most Spidey could do to Colossus is make him dizzy with his web swinging and acrobatics no expression

golem370
He but down some tough people. What he goes for broke like he did with Firelord or Thor both of them were showing distress from a pissed off Spider-Man.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by iceman24567
Wow i thought Stilt would have put this thread to rest already i guess not. Lets not kid ourselves the most Spidey could do to Colossus is make him dizzy with his web swinging and acrobatics no expression

This thread also has a prep scenario which doesnt end well for Piotr.

SamZED
Piotr wins the first fight.
Peter wins the second fight.

Sin I AM
This thread also has a prep scenario which doesnt end well for Piotr.

Not really. Prep isnt a no limit fallacy

SamZED
http://s6d3.turboimg.net/t/28491696_1.jpghttp://s6d3.turboimg.net/t/28491711_2.jpg

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Not really. Prep isnt a no limit fallacy

Right. I wanna see that logic and excuses whenever Batman gets prep. It boils down to Parker being far smarter than piotr and the odds of Spidey outthinking him with prep are staggering. And colossus is a character with a pretty obvious weakness that we all saw works just fine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.