Bloodlusted DD Quinlan Vos vs Anakin Skywalker (ROTS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
Round 1: Sabers only
Round 2: Force only
Round 3: All out

Darth Thor
Skywalker.

Not sure about Force only, but takes Sabers and All out for sure.

Trocity
Ani sweeps.

Syndicate
Vos.
Anakin.
Vos.

NewGuy01
http://66.media.tumblr.com/9ac49bd66a2c8e2b2b64b696ae95e109/tumblr_inline_mm4tjgTxCS1qz4rgp.gif

Syndicate
Never going to wank Anakin off circumstantial showings regardless of the rest of the forum.

ares834
1. Anakin Skywalker
2. Anakin Skywalker
3. Anakin Skywalker

The Ellimist
Circumstantial showings backed by accolades from various in and out of universe sources, you mean.

Nobody below Caedus is taking a serious Anakin in a duel, and even that's debatable.

Syndicate
Unsupported quotes*

The Ellimist
Wtf does that mean? They're canon quotes and actual feats.

|King Joker|
I was reading RotS last night and my opinion of Anakin has increased quite a bit, tbh.

Syndicate
Quotes that mark Anakin as faster and more powerful then Yoda. Though I'm willing to simply attribute the power quote to potential and force reserves.

Emperordmb
Anakin wills him to death while Dooku stands in the background controlling the entire force.

Beniboybling
Lol at Dooku controlling either of them smile

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Syndicate
Quotes that mark Anakin as faster and more powerful then Yoda. Though I'm willing to simply attribute the power quote to potential and force reserves.
Maybe because Yoda is a dying old man who Dooku can keep up with.

carthage
Anakin in a decent fight

DarthAnt66
Skywalker slices and dices.

Total Warrior
Anakin in a close fight tbh.

Syndicate
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

Who can still keep up with somebody who too fast for Anakin to percieve.

FreshestSlice
Probably because Anakin wasn't actually there to see it. thumb up

You do you and keep using non-canon showings to support your point.

Petrus

A dying old man on practically on par with Sidious as of RotS. So lame.

Syndicate
Probably because Anakin wasn't actually there to see it. thumb up

You do you and keep using non-canon showings to support your point.

Does it say canon only fuggot?

FreshestSlice
First of all, this has only canon characters, and canon is default so it really doesn't need to. Second, it was never canon, because the movies override Legends as well. Though I'm sure Maul can keep up with Sidious better than Anakin. That definitely makes sense.

Syndicate
Everybody I've ever seen reply to a thread always assumes composite unless otherwise stated in the OP.

Anakin sees the tail end of Sidious and Mace's fight in the movie and then Yoda later on in the movie proceeds to match Sidious's speed in their duel.

If we're going by Legends then Yoda matches a being Anakin can't even perceive. I never said the novels were canon nugger fuggot.

Also you're an idiot. Multiple quotes along with Filoni himself outright state that Sidious was toying with the brothers throughout the entirety of the fight.

Legends

Yoda matches Sidious in speed. Anakin can't even percieve Sidious.

Canon

Anakin doesn't have any of his precious quotes to wank him off of so you have to take Vos and Anakin's performances against Dooku as they are meaning Anakin had the aid of Obi Wan a person who is his match as a lightsaber combatant to help tire out Dooku before he was taken out of the fight while Vos simply beat Dooku because he's the superior combatant. You can argue some sort of parity between Anakin and Vos based on the fact that DD Anakin stalemated Dooku but that's about it and given Anakin had the aid of Obi Wan we have to assume Vos is the superior duelist.

The Ellimist
The RotS novelization is also canon, but not perceiving someone =/= not feeling out in the Force.

Syndicate
The novelizations aren't actually canon despite the quote by Hyperion Books. It was never authorized by Disney therefore it has no bearing on canon.

As to your second point, I didn't say Anakin couldn't react or fight back against Sidious ( this is obviously not the case given his performance against Dooku and Dooku's performance against Yoda ) simply that Yoda is substantially faster then him despite quotes from the novel.

FreshestSlice
https://twitter.com/delreystarwars/status/461579307341840384
Everybody I've ever seen reply to a thread always assumes composite unless otherwise stated in the OP.

That's great. I don't give a shit about what "everybody" does. Appealing to popularity is a fallacy.

No he doesn't. And in the book, he pretty much sees the entire thing. They don't match up. They never have, and that showing has never been valid.

Your idiocy makes what you say next highly ironic, but ignoring that, the novels are canon. When they match up with the movies. This does not match up with the movie.

Uh, not really? It says Sidious never wavered from a position of superiority, and he clearly isn't toying with Maul in the same way towards the end.

No.

Also no. Anakin still has his RotS novel accolades and you've shown you don't know shit about what you're talking about. Also yeah. Vos defeating a wounded Dooku before needing to be saved from being killed by him in one shot certainly shows Vos is a superior duelist to Anakin. erm

Syndicate
https://twitter.com/delreystarwars/status/461579307341840384

That's great. I don't give a shit about what "everybody" does. Appealing to popularity is a fallacy.

No he doesn't. And in the book, he pretty much sees the entire thing. They don't match up. They never have, and that showing has never been valid.

Your idiocy makes what you say next highly ironic, but ignoring that, the novels are canon. When they match up with the movies. This does not match up with the movie.

Uh, not really? It says Sidious never wavered from a position of superiority, and he clearly isn't toying with Maul in the same way towards the end.

No.

Also no. Anakin still has his RotS novel accolades and you've shown you don't know shit about what you're talking about. Also yeah. Vos defeating a wounded Dooku before needing to be saved from being killed by him in one shot certainly shows Vos is a superior duelist to Anakin. erm

I'm simply explaining to you why I assumed we were using composite. No need to be an ass about it.

Looked at the fight, you're correct in that he doesn't see them duel. I remembered him covering his eyes which is why I thought he had but that was because of Sidious's lightning.

Wut. Yoda disarms Sidious in the Junior novelization and script for the movie. How does he accomplish this if he's not even equal to Sidious in speed?

The novels are not canon. The quote by Hyperion Books was never authorized by Disney and therefore has 0 validity.

Cool opinion bro. Doesn't really matter since there's a quote contradicting it.

"Upon arrival, Sidious declared the Sith brothers to be his rivals. In an intense duel, he killed Savage and toyed with Maul, ultimately deciding not to kill his former apprentice."

It even states in chronological order that Sidious kills Savage before toying with Maul.

Yes.

The RotS novel isn't canon friend. Where does it say Dooku was wounded? Also how does Dooku preparing to electrocute an unsuspecting Vos have anything to do with Vos's capabilities as a duelist?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The Ellimist
The RotS novelization is also canon, but not perceiving someone =/= not feeling out in the Force.

Wow, someone who actually gets it.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Wow, someone who actually gets it.

Except the RotS novel isn't actually canon and I never said a force user being unable to perceive somebody precludes them being able to react to them.

ares834

Darth Thor
Except the RotS novel isn't actually canon and I never said a force user being unable to perceive somebody precludes them being able to react to them.

I wasn't arguing against you. I've just seen so much Nonesense over the years from so many people suggesting Skywalker wouldn't even be able to react to Sidious due to that passage.

quanchi112
The novels aren't canon and relying on them is pure nonsense.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I wasn't arguing against you. I've just seen so much Nonesense over the years from so many people suggesting Skywalker wouldn't even be able to react to Sidious due to that passage.

Sorry. Dealing with a lot of people I'd rather not have to right now so I'm a little irritable.

Darth Thor
@ Ares true say tbh. I can't really see the Canon group saying "we can't do that because it contradicts the ROTS novel." Never stopped TCW anyway.

That said, I do think the ROTS novel gives us more insight into the story envisioned by Lucas.

gideongarner01
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Circumstantial showings backed by accolades from various in and out of universe sources, you mean.

Nobody below Caedus is taking a serious Anakin in a duel, and even that's debatable.

Nobody below caedus? So basically nobody below ROTS sidious. Yeah I can see that anakin would sweep vos.

Total Warrior
Yeah Anakin would win. Well maybe Mustafar Anakin who is tired and mind ****ed may lose

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.