Obama plans Mass American Nuclear Disarment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
So he gives Iran a path to a nuke in 10.2 years, and disarms America on his way out.

Are we still questioning if this man is a Manchurian candidate intent on destroying America?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/obama-plans-major-nuclear-policy-changes-in-his-final-months/2016/07/10/fef3d5ca-4521-11e6-88d0-6adee48be8bc_story.html

Surtur
At this point he has to do something in an attempt to go out on a high note. It's like that episode of Seinfeld where George would just f*cking leave the room if he made a funny joke because he wanted to be remembered that way.

Time-Immemorial
Dude, this is serious. This is not a joke, we are talking about our effing Arsenal..

Surtur
It is a joke though. Obama is a joke. Do you take this man seriously? I don't.

Time-Immemorial
Yes I take him destroying America serious.

Surtur
I don't think he'll do it. I think he likes to rattle off talking points.

blair85
He'll talk about how he wants to do it and how he thinks it need to be done then sulk that "the Republicans won't do what I want..."

Surtur
That is how I kinda see it..oh sure he'll spend time trying to get it done, but it won't really get done.

krisblaze
Good, as long as he forces the rest of the world to follow suit.

Time-Immemorial
Of coarse not.

Surtur
I agree I'd be all for it as long as every other country in the world does it first.

Time-Immemorial
Like Kim is going to agree with that? He just cut all communication with the US.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-07-11/north-korea-cuts-off-communication-with-us-at-the-un

krisblaze
That's mostly Bush's fault, since he started working against neutralizing relations with NK. Obama hasn't helped matters much either.

America disarming some of their nuclear stores sets a good precedent though. It's not like you guys won't have enough armaments to destroy whatever middle eastern country you're currently eyeballing.

Surtur
Originally posted by krisblaze
America disarming some of their nuclear stores sets a good precedent though. It's not like you guys won't have enough armaments to destroy whatever middle eastern country you're currently eyeballing.

If that is the case then what purpose would disarming some of them do if it's not really going to matter?

FinalAnswer
What's the point in taking a step up a flight of stairs if it's not going to take you the whole way?

krisblaze
Originally posted by Surtur
If that is the case then what purpose would disarming some of them do if it's not really going to matter?
First step towards prohibiting another arms race.

Omega Vision
That's mostly Bush's fault, since he started working against neutralizing relations with NK. Obama hasn't helped matters much either.

And in terms of our MAD with Russia, the key number isn't the number of nuclear warheads we have but the number of missiles ready to be fired. We could reduce our nuclear arsenal by 75% and still have enough to deter Russia and destroy the world as we know it.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Omega Vision
And in terms of our MAD with Russia, the key number isn't the number of nuclear warheads we have but the number of missiles ready to be fired. We could reduce our nuclear arsenal by 75% and still have enough to deter Russia and destroy the world as we know it.

A comforting thought.

Surtur

We won't ever really get rid of nukes though, not 100%. Even just a few would be enough to start WW3 if used. Or hell even just one dropped in the right place.

A comforting thought.

But again if we disarm some nukes but then still leave enough to wipe ourselves out then it just seems like a meaningless gesture meant to appease the people unable to grasp what even a few of these things can do.

cdtm

The threat of mutually assured destruction has kept us in one piece so far.

Sure, a disarmament would be the ideal. If you can keep everyone honest.

Look at Israel's covert nuke operation.. Something we only know about because of a whistleblower. The whistleblower was kidnapped and given a lifetime gag order (Because "We don't execute our own", they said.), and they still deny having nukes..

Flyattractor
Maybe Obama will let that new Black Nation in the Southern U.S states that BLM wans to create to have Nukes.

Gee maybe Obama can be their first PRESIDENT!?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by cdtm
The threat of mutually assured destruction has kept us in one piece so far.

Sure, a disarmament would be the ideal. If you can keep everyone honest.

Look at Israel's covert nuke operation.. Something we only know about because of a whistleblower. The whistleblower was kidnapped and given a lifetime gag order (Because "We don't execute our own", they said.), and they still deny having nukes..
Which is why I've never took Israel's prophecies of doom about Iran getting a nuke seriously. Even if Iran had 10 nukes, Israel would still have the upper hand on them.

Flyattractor
Well it isn't like Iran is going to openly launch a nuke at Isreal. They know that would get them in trouble.....probably a stern tongue lashing from U.S LIBERAL Democrats.....ohh nasty.

Surtur
I'm just tossing this idea out there but: nuclear pork bombs.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm just tossing this idea out there but: nuclear pork bombs.

Yeah each bullet used in the middle east should be dipped in pork fat.

Flyattractor
To be honest. When I first read this Thread Title I didn't have my contacts in and thought it was Obama plans Miss America Nuke Disarmament..

kevdude
Just when you thought Obama couldn't love the communist in Cuba anymore, he goes off and invites them into our defense facilities. This guy is just as bad as FDR and maybe worse!

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/263206/obama-invites-top-communist-military-intelligence-humberto-fontova

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
So he gives Iran a path to a nuke in 10.2 years, and disarms America on his way out.

Are we still questioning if this man is a Manchurian candidate intent on destroying America?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/obama-plans-major-nuclear-policy-changes-in-his-final-months/2016/07/10/fef3d5ca-4521-11e6-88d0-6adee48be8bc_story.html

Good article. I hope it succeeds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.