ROTS Kenobi vs Dooku (Sabers Only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Was Kenobi losing a fluke, or is Dooku just better?

Syndicate
Dooku would win in a good fight.

DarthAnt66
I'd slightly lean Dooku, but they're definitely close.

Syndicate
thumb up

Total Warrior
Still Dooku

Jmanghan
Y'know, theres something thats always left out of the Anakin vs Obi-Wan debates, and thats that Anakin knows Obi-Wan just as well as Obi-Wan knows Anakin

Neither has a clear advantage over each other except the high ground BS.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'd slightly lean Dooku, but they're definitely close.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Was Kenobi losing a fluke, or is Dooku just better?
It was Dooku tooling him with telekinesis. Hardly an indication of superiority in sabers.

The Ellimist
Dooku with moderate difficulty.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Emperordmb
It was Dooku tooling him with telekinesis. Hardly an indication of superiority in sabers.

Well even getting in those Force hits was an indication of Dooku outfighting Kenobi, given Kenobi didn't see them coming or attempt to block them the way he did against Anakin.

IOW If we gave Dooku and Kenobi equal TK stats, I believe Dooku would still be landing in more hits.

SunRazer
Dooku would win every time, but he'd work for it.

relentless1
Dooku always had Kenobis number, but Obi Wan had gotten much better at sabres since their last fight, I have a feeling that Dookus style could eventually poke holes in Obi Wans defence though so ill go with Dooku by a slight margin.

Kurk
Dooku will always be faster

quanchi112
Dooku wins.

Jmanghan
But its not hard to believe that Anakin is simply better?

Hypocrites.

SunRazer
Anakin is better, lol.

quanchi112

Hypocrites. Come again.

|King Joker|
Dooku.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by SunRazer
Anakin is better, lol. Why? Because Anakin beat Dooku and Kenobi was thrown to the side?

Yet when Anakin loses to Obi-Wan you act like he had all sorts of advantages when it was plenty even, and Anakin knew Kenobi's style as well.

At the very least, by that point, they are on the same exact level, they were both pretty emotionally unstable, both feeling betrayed by the other, so you can't use that as an excuse.

You can make excuses all day, but when it comes down to it, the fight was pretty even.

The only advantage was had at the end with Kenobi having the high ground.

chingchangwalla
Dooku is just better

Jmanghan
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Dooku is just better Yeah, but why?

NewGuy01
Yet when Anakin loses to Obi-Wan you act like he had all sorts of advantages when it was plenty even, and Anakin knew Kenobi's style as well.

At the very least, by that point, they are on the same exact level, they were both pretty emotionally unstable, both feeling betrayed by the other, so you can't use that as an excuse.

1.) The fact that they were "two complementary halves of one warrior" didn't only give Obi-Wan an advantage, but it made it more difficult for either of them to get through the defenses of the other and extended the duel.

2.) No, Obi-Wan was not as emotionally unstable as Anakin, or even close. Even if he was, it wouldn't have as dramatic of an effect on his power as it would Anakin.

3.) The fight wasn't even, Anakin still had a noticeable advantage throughout the fight. He lost because he was being a bonehead, not because the high ground scenario made sense.

Learn to read before you try playing revolutionary here. Anakin's a stronger fighter than Obi-Wan; this isn't a question.

Kurk

Hypocrites.
I'm not one of them smile
Originally posted by quanchi112
Dooku wins.
Wow, funny you should say that since Kenobi is so much faster than Dooku after all, right?

Darth Thor
Yeah, but why?

Why Dooku keeps battering Obi-Wan? Probably because he's just a superior combatant to him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
I'm not one of them smile

Wow, funny you should say that since Kenobi is so much faster than Dooku after all, right? Maneuverability wise not more skilled with a light saber nor as powerful with the force. There are other factors, Amiga.

Kurk
Maneuverability wise not more skilled with a light saber nor as powerful with the force. There are other factors, Amiga.
Maneuverability wise as well Dooku stomps. Let's end it now.

Dooku physically stomps Obi-Wan:
http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/124590/3937530-a1svt.gif
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/124590/3937532-a1swc.gif

Dooku moves fast enough to knock out Obi-Wan with a single kick:
http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/124590/4131782-dookukick.jpg

He moves faster than Obi-Wan:
"The two droids fired at Obi-Wan, but he batted their fired energy bolts back at them and cut them down as he moved fast for Dooku. Unfortunately, Dooku moved faster, extending his left hand toward Obi-Wan as he used the Force to lift the Jedi off his feet while at the same time constricting his throat."

Source: The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader

quanchi112
Dooku is smarter with his movements and better with a light saber. He even mocks Kenobi for being clumsy which is my point. Dooku is smarter, older, and better with a light saber.

Kurk
Dooku is smarter with his movements and better with a light saber. He even mocks Kenobi for being clumsy which is my point. Dooku is smarter, older, and better with a light saber. http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/915/152/aed.jpg

quanchi112
I humbly accept your concession.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
"Humbly"

C'mon. You're better than that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
"Humbly"

C'mon. You're better than that. Yes, I was lying and rubbing it in. You caught me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.