Hulk vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beatboks
After the stupid things raised by Jmanhgan j felt i Had to start this.

Maybe he should have read it himself.
The fact is that the history between the 2 is and always has been dead even.
In the hero envy post the battles stats are 0 to 0 up until battle 20 and finish up 2 all.

When you consider that some of those showings had Hulk with assistance (like Avengers #3 where Hulk teams up with Namor and they STILL cant overpower him) its actually pretty hard to figure how the stats are recorded as 0 to 0 as long as they were.

So who does win between these two Marvel power houses in a FORUM fight.
Standard Hulk no WB, WW feats for hulk. No warriors madness for Thor. Both will use all at their disposal to win.

abhilegend
Hulk

krisblaze
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hulk
How?

Are you retarded?

There is absolutely no possibility for Hulk to win this.

He has an eventual strength and durability edge and is behind on everything.

abhilegend
And healing. And combat feats.

But don't let that detain you.

Blue Area Vet
Thor would murk him under those stips and Abby knows it.

Rao Kal El
If We go by canon comics Hulk wins.

If We go by fan fiction Thor wins.

But canon has more weight

krisblaze
This debate has been done a million times.

It always ends with the Hulk side resorting to the same arguments they do in any Hulk vs Superman/Surfer/GL/Combatant out of his league.

Which is to ignore the context of the fight, base everything on some infinite fallacy and assume that despite stipulations the opposite side would not use any of their abilities or mobility.

And healing. And combat feats.

But don't let that detain you.
Combat feats? do share.

quanchi112
Hulk. It's very close but Thor fights the Hulks fight.

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
This debate has been done a million times.

It always ends with the Hulk side resorting to the same arguments they do in any Hulk vs Superman/Surfer/GL/Combatant out of his league.

Which is to ignore the context of the fight, base everything on some infinite fallacy and assume that despite stipulations the opposite side would not use any of their abilities or mobility.

Combat feats? do share.
Remember Onslaught when Hulk was actually able to fight Onslaught and the mere shockwaves of their fight was making heroes to push themselves to approach them? A not holding back Thor was only able to stalemate the mindless Hulk in Hulk 300.

The there is this.

http://mynetimages.com/viewimage/5238c8d4ca
http://mynetimages.com/viewimage/1503148ca1
http://mynetimages.com/viewimage/33fe7968ee

If I wanted, I could post a dozen instances where Hulk looked flat out superior to Thor. That's just savage hulk.

I would wait for you to post a fight where Thor beat someone who Hulk couldn't.

quanchi112
Abc logic doesn't apply and for your example request. Galactus and the godblast. Now run along with your silly abc logic questions which don't prove a thing anyways.

krisblaze
I don't know why you think a Thor fighting to the best of his ability would beat the Hulk and then stand still to gloat over him and then get beat.

Thor could beat the Surfer, Mangog, Mephisto and I don't know, the Hulk?

Thor is using Mjolnir and doing his best. He'll flatten Hulk with lightning or blasts.

There's nothing the Hulk can do here.

abhilegend
Thor can beat Hulk. No doubt about it.

Except he doesn't. You asked for combat feats. I can't see Thor doing this to Onslaught.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsOnslaught06OnslaughtMarvel1.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsOnslaught07.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsOnslaught08.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsOnslaught09.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsOnslaught10.jpg

Hulk has literally snuffed out Dormammu's flame with one thunderclap when he had Eternity's powers. He has literally broken through time with his punches.

I don't see how anyone can read the comics these days and think "Oh gee, Thor can beat Hulk."

Even Fraction (someone who wrote the most powerful Thor of recent years) had Thor say that he could never beat Hulk.

laughing out loud

Blue Area Vet
Remember Onslaught when Hulk was actually able to fight Onslaught and the mere shockwaves of their fight was making heroes to push themselves to approach them? A not holding back Thor was only able to stalemate the mindless Hulk in Hulk 300.

The there is this.

If I wanted, I could post a dozen instances where Hulk looked flat out superior to Thor. That's just savage hulk.

laughing How many times is your hating ass gone post that same bullshit scan? Not holding back because of all the EP on display I see.

krisblaze
I can't either, Thor's not that strong, physically.

He can still knock out the Hulk with little effort though...
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk47.jpg.html

Thor did say that he couldn't beat him. And then he did beat him.

Even though the Hulk was powered up.

After he killed a powered up Thing.

After he had just gotten beat on by the serpent.

While he had been suffering a fatal wound for several months.

What do you think Thor's "Did you now?" response meant?

quanchi112
Thor has beaten the Hulk. laughing out loud

Feats don't matter when these two face off. Thor has his own impressive feats as well. These two are as close as it gets and you acting like Hulk is on another level doesn't make it the case.

krisblaze
I am just amazed at how absurdly disingenuous Abhi is.

Only Carver trumps him when it comes to ignoring context and misconstruing incidents.

DarkSaint85
Thor wins.

abhilegend
I can't either, Thor's not that strong, physically.

He can still knock out the Hulk with little effort though...
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk47.jpg.html

Thor did say that he couldn't beat him. And then he did beat him.

Even though the Hulk was powered up.

After he killed a powered up Thing.

After he had just gotten beat on by the serpent.

While he had been suffering a fatal wound for several months.

What do you think Thor's "Did you now?" response meant?
Savage Hulk is not as powerful as WWH. Read the OP carefully.

He didn't beat Hulk. He launched him in space. And fainted right after and went into a coma while Hulk tore up Vampire nation right after that.

"Fatal wound."? You gotta be kidding me.

What do you think "I could never beat you" meant?

abhilegend
I am just amazed at how absurdly disingenuous Abhi is.

Only Carver trumps him when it comes to ignoring context and misconstruing incidents.
Agreeing with Quan, eh?

Way to go. No really.

ShadowFyre
Thor dominates Hulk under forum rules. Only rabid Hulk fans( Carver) and Thor haters like abbi and stilt think differently.

krisblaze
This is clearly another case of that streetshitter lowballing.

No idea why I haven't put him on ignore. But I think the time is nigh.

Savage Hulk is not as powerful as WWH. Read the OP carefully.

He didn't beat Hulk. He launched him in space. And fainted right after and went into a coma while Hulk tore up Vampire nation right after that.

"Fatal wound."? You gotta be kidding me.

What do you think "I could never beat you" meant?

There's no gauge on how strong Savage Hulk was at any given moment. WWH only has a much more powerful base.

But I agree it would take a lot more than one lightningbolt to the head to knock out WWH. It would take a lot of firepower.

If this was a dying Thor that had previously been beaten up versus a powered up WWH and a powered up Thing, then it looks like Thor would still win/stalemate after holding back half the fight.

And the wound was killing him.

carver9
Hulk kills him. Avengers Assemble proved that Hulk is Thor better. Nothing against Thor though.

carver9

There's no gauge on how strong Savage Hulk was at any given moment. WWH only has a much more powerful base.

But I agree it would take a lot more than one lightningbolt to the head to knock out WWH. It would take a lot of firepower.

If this was a dying Thor that had previously been beaten up versus a powered up WWH and a powered up Thing, then it looks like Thor would still win/stalemate after holding back half the fight.

And the wound was killing him.

Hulk has grown in power since that lightning bolt to the head. Still a great ft for Thor. Hulk has taken on teams that included Thor.

abhilegend
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Thor dominates Hulk under forum rules. Only rabid Hulk fans( Carver) and Thor haters like abbi and stilt think differently.
facepalm

Blue Area Vet

The there is this.

laughing How many times is your hating ass gone post that same bullshit scan?

Blue Area Vet
facepalm

Yeah, bury your face, it's well deserved.

Fraction had Thor beat an amped Hulk and and amped Thing a few panels later. Pretty funny you are talking Thor's words at face value. Thor was saying he wasn't ****ing trying with Hulk in the past.

Insane Titan
Blue area Vag is a Quanchi sock, confirmed thumb up

abhilegend

Are you talking about me? Should I be concerned about what you want to do?

Bullshit. Rulk easily defeated Savage Hulk thrice an even OF Thor. WWH casually tanked everything he did and knocked him out.

It wouldn't take that much for Hulk to knock Thor out though. Thor's equal Hercules found that hard way.

That's as disingenuous as anything I've ever heard of. Kudos.

Scan? I recall it was causing him pain, that's it.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Insane Titan

I'd STFU if I were you. thumb up

krisblaze
I regret my comment. It was very inappropriate and rude.

I don't hate you Abhi. I'm not Pr.

I'm too old for this discussion.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
I'd STFU if I were you. thumb up hahaha or what Quan?

abhilegend
I regret my comment. It was very inappropriate and rude.

I don't hate you Abhi. I'm not Pr.

I'm too old for this discussion.
You are forgiven old pal.

Friends?

hug

Delta1938

I'd STFU if I were you. thumb up

hahaha or what Quan?

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/popcorn-reaction-gifs.gif

Blue Area Vet
You are forgiven old pal.

Friends?

hug

Ehew, WTF Abby?! sick

celeyhyga17
Thor was being tongue in cheek. Pretty clear. No point in saying "Did you now" right before smacking Hulk to outers pace.
Only someone who has problems interpreting stories will fail to understand.

And the wound did play a part. Imo it was a big reason why he collapsed. It just worsened as time passed.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thor was being tongue in cheek. Pretty clear. No point in saying "Did you now" right before smacking Hulk to outers pace.

And the wound did play a part. Imo it was a big reason why he collapsed. It just worsened as time passed.

Pretty much everyone gets this accept for Abby. He doesn't want to get it.

Insane Titan
Still waiting here,vag/Quan sock.

celeyhyga17
Right after the fight, they specifically made a point that even Odin couldn't heal it.

krisblaze
Even if Hulk had beaten Thor in fear itself, which he very, very, very clearly did not, I don't see how that could've been used as an argument against Thor.

He was very wounded and had held back against Thing and Hulk who were both powered up.

Thor killed the Thing, sent Hulk into space and then passed out.

How this is an argument for the Hulk beating Thor is beyond me.

abhilegend

facepalm

Thor is now spider-man, joking and being tongue in cheek in the fight where he damn near killed one of his friends in cold blood.

Fraction Thor was many things, cheeky wasn't one of them.

The excuses are laughable.

Blue Area Vet
facepalm

Thor is now spider-man, joking and being tongue in cheek in the fight where he damn near killed one of his friends in cold blood.

That's EXACTLY what is was. Learn how to read. WTF would he say in a factual manner that he couldn't beat Hulk, only to beat and upgraded Hulk and another uber being a few minutes later? It was tongue and cheek sarcasm, which is not the same as Spiderman's wisecracking.

celeyhyga17
facepalm

I know how u operate. You will stretch this out for linger than it deserves all the while muddying the waters. Let me be direct. How about you explain his statement before he smacked Nul into space. What did he mean by it? Zero in on what Thor said.

Blue Area Vet
I know how u operate. You will stretch this out for linger than it deserves all the while muddying the waters. Let me be direct. How about you explain his statement before he smacked Nul into space. What did he mean by it?

Oh. this ought to be good.

celeyhyga17
Oh. this ought to be good.
He's probably consulting his lawyer on how best to answer.

thumb up

abhilegend
I know how u operate. You will stretch this out for linger than it deserves all the while muddying the waters. Let me be direct. How about you explain his statement before he smacked Nul into space. What did he mean by it? Zero in on what Thor said.
He was angry at Hulk acknowledging his statement and used last of his strength to send him in space?

How the hell can anybody read that and think Thor was being cheeky? When did Thor become spider-man?

abhilegend
He's probably consulting his lawyer on how best to answer.

thumb up
If only.

abhilegend
That's EXACTLY what is was. Learn how to read. WTF would he say in a factual manner that he couldn't beat Hulk, only to beat and upgraded Hulk and another uber being a few minutes later? It was tongue and cheek sarcasm, which is not the same as Spiderman's wisecracking.
This is how it happens.

Thor didn't beat Hulk.

erm

Decter
Thor wins

quanchi112
Blue area Vag is a Quanchi sock, confirmed thumb up You are soooooo upset. laughing out loud

Stay on topic and try to keep your emotional outbursts self contained.

quanchi112
This is how it happens.

Thor didn't beat Hulk.

erm Bfr is a forum win. Are you not familiar with the rules even after all these years ?

StiltmanFTW
Hulk returned to Earth under his own power, though. Thor just collapsed like a b!tch.

StiltmanFTW
PS. Is it true you murdered dmills? laughing out loud

krisblaze
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hulk returned to Earth under his own power, though. Thor just collapsed like a b!tch.

Gravity is not Hulk's own power.

And Thor was dying.

celeyhyga17
This is how it happens.

Thor didn't beat Hulk.

erm
Tongue in cheek doesn't necessarily mean he was being humorous. It also means means that a statement wasn't meant to be taken sincerely. Not sure why you keep bringing up Spider-Man.

Also not sure where u got that from, but here's Matt Fraction's official interview at Marvel.com regarding the brawl.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/16472/fear_fallout_5

He all but acknowledged Thor beating Nul/Angrir.

quanchi112
Oh. this ought to be good. laughing out loud

abhilegend
Tongue in cheek doesn't necessarily mean he was being humorous. It also means means that a statement wasn't meant to be taken sincerely. Not sure why you keep bringing up Spider-Man.

Also not sure where u got that from, but here's Matt Fraction's official interview at Marvel.com regarding the brawl.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/16472/fear_fallout_5

He all but acknowledged Thor beating Nul/Angrir.
Yes, tongue in cheek literally means humorous comment. Maybe you should see a dictionary.

Why would Thor start using sarcasm all of a sudden when previously it was "I'm gonna kill you" and "you were always a pain in the ass".

Fraction didn't even acknowledge that piece of dialog.

A master troll if there was one.

quanchi112
Hulk returned to Earth under his own power, though. Thor just collapsed like a b!tch. Thor won despite Hulk's upgrade and his help and that's casting aside Thor's own injuries.

Rao Kal El
All sounds nice and dandy but canon points at Hulk performing better than Thor on most of their vs matches.

So in this regard canon evidence is just tossed aside for a nice piece of fan fiction on a forum fight

krisblaze
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
All sounds nice and dandy but canon points at Hulk performing better than Thor on most of their vs matches.

So in this regard canon evidence is just tossed aside for a nice piece of fan fiction on a forum fight

How do you mean? Thor's actually beaten him a few times.

Even when Hulk got him in that dream sequence Thor was still conscious.

Rao Kal El

He has actually performed or looked better than Thor on their vs matches more often than not. That's what I have seen so far out of all of their vs encounters IMO

Khazra Reborn
Who gives a shit about Thor/Nul? Thor was dying, and Hulk was amped. Hardly a fair scenario.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by quanchi112
You are soooooo upset. laughing out loud

Stay on topic and try to keep your emotional outbursts self contained. laughing at your own socks post, desperately pathetic troll tactic.

quanchi112
laughing at your own socks post, desperately pathetic troll tactic. Another blatant lie but you're not bright. Continue to be paranoid and think that's my sock. I'll enjoy your paranoia. Hulk wins.

Insane Titan
Another blatant lie but you're not bright. Continue to be paranoid and think that's my sock. I'll enjoy your paranoia. Hulk wins. quick switch to your other account laughing out loud.

Badabing
This thread didn't even make it 2 posts before the flaming and name calling started. I suggest everybody follow the rules.

quanchi112
quick switch to your other account laughing out loud. Hulk wins.

carver9
Even if Hulk had beaten Thor in fear itself, which he very, very, very clearly did not, I don't see how that could've been used as an argument against Thor.

He was very wounded and had held back against Thing and Hulk who were both powered up.

Thor killed the Thing, sent Hulk into space and then passed out.

How this is an argument for the Hulk beating Thor is beyond me.

LOL at holding back.

carver9
I wouldn't say Thor was tongue and cheek or holding back against Nul either. Look at his words...

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/thor-vs-nul-and-angrir-4.jpg
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/thor-vs-nul-and-angrir-5.jpg

He's trying to kill Nul. Doesn't seem like holding back to me or lip service.

Sin I AM
Another bait thread....how quaint

Khazra Reborn
Thor wasn't holding back, but he had a localized space time tear in his gut, so he obviously wasn't able to perform optimally.

abhilegend

LTBB wasn't a dream sequence.

And Thor was KTFO.

beatboks

No it doesn't. CANON points to the fact that they re even in all showings. There are JUST as many instances.

1. Journey into mystery 112 Hulk fights Thor who has had the enchantments of Mjilnor removed (he asked Odin to do so to face Hulk purely H2H) and all we got was a cavern collapse separating them for a while.

2. Avengers 3, Hulk and Namor DOUBLE team Thor and together can only match him. Hulk even comments that Namor is "a fool if he thinks he can take on Thor solo".

3.Submariner 35 another battle between the 2 with no out come. Hulk almost manages to separate Mjinor form Thor long enough to turn him back into Donald Drake but doesn't.

4. Defenders 10, they each grapple each other with neither able to even move the other for 90 minutes.

5.Hulk 255, 285 ,300 and 440 four fights in Hulk's own book where he doesn't manage to beat Thor.

6.Thor 385, 489 are two Thor titles that have no clear winner.

7. Fact Hulk's 2001 Annual is the first title in print where we see a clear win in a fight between these two. Ironically wee see a clear win for each of them. Thor takes the battle to another dimension where Hulk crushes him under rubble (seemed as I recall to KO Thor). The battle is rejoined after Thor revives and they go at it again, during which Thor calls down a lightning bolt to strike Hulk from behind and KO him.

8. In Hulk let the battle begin we again see Hulk win ( He grabs Thor's Mjilnor wielding hand and clobbers him with his own enchanted hammer). Thor wins again in fear itself (already mentioned by others).

Yet we hear this repeated garbage that canon has Hulk above Thor. HOW and WHEN. Stadard HUlk ( not World Breaker, or World War) against Standard Thor ( no Odin Force of warrior's madness)

beatboks
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Another bait thread....how quaint

Wasn't intended to bait. I wanted to address the misrepresentations in the "speed Thread". It was locked and badabing made it clear there were enough thor Superman Threads so as the misrepresentations were in relation to Thor and Hulk figured this would be a reasonable way to discuss it.

Obviously though it's gone over the edge, so maybe badabing could lock it now. Clearly you can't reasonably discuss Thor vs any herald level brick without a LOT of vitriol.

krisblaze
@beatboks

It always ends up with someone putting an undue amount of focus on Thor looking worse after a pure H2H fight and ignoring the fact that he didn't even have his hammer.

5-10 years ago everybody seemed to more or less agree that the Hulk could never win if Thor used any of his powers.

With the influx of newer members and the departure of old more sensible posters it has turned into a fight that "Thor always loses".

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by beatboks
No it doesn't. CANON points to the fact that they re even in all showings. There are JUST as many instances.

1. Journey into mystery 112 Hulk fights Thor who has had the enchantments of Mjilnor removed (he asked Odin to do so to face Hulk purely H2H) and all we got was a cavern collapse separating them for a while.

2. Avengers 3, Hulk and Namor DOUBLE team Thor and together can only match him. Hulk even comments that Namor is "a fool if he thinks he can take on Thor solo".

3.Submariner 35 another battle between the 2 with no out come. Hulk almost manages to separate Mjinor form Thor long enough to turn him back into Donald Drake but doesn't.

4. Defenders 10, they each grapple each other with neither able to even move the other for 90 minutes.

5.Hulk 255, 285 ,300 and 440 four fights in Hulk's own book where he doesn't manage to beat Thor.

7. Fact Hulk's 2001 Annual is the first title in print where we see a clear win in a fight between these two. Ironically wee see a clear win for each of them. Thor takes the battle to another dimension where Hulk crushes him under rubble (seemed as I recall to KO Thor). The battle is rejoined after Thor revives and they go at it again, during which Thor calls down a lightning bolt to strike Hulk from behind and KO him.

8. In Hulk let the battle begin we again see Hulk win ( He grabs Thor's Mjilnor wielding hand and clobbers him with his own enchanted hammer). Thor wins again in fear itself (already mentioned by others).

Yet we hear this repeated garbage that canon has Hulk above Thor. HOW and WHEN. Stadard HUlk ( not World Breaker, or World War) against Standard Thor ( no Odin Force of warrior's madness)

1. - Thor ends up looking better

2.- thor ends up looking better

3.- hulk ends up looking better

4.- stalemate

5.- hulk clearly ends up looking better on all this comics iirc. And while not winning he ends up looking superior. In Hulk 440 is Hulk the one trying to reason with Thor, hulk 300 thor even uses lightning and accomplishes nothing, hulk 255 come on, hulk ends up looking superior, luckily for thor he ends up reverting into human form Hulk had the edge on this fight. Hulk 285 must be the dream sequence and I don't count dreams as canon so no fight in there.

6.- thor 385 hulk dominates thor who is fighting with no hammer edge goes to hulk, thor 489 thor had the advantage

7.- Annual 2001 hulk Ko or immobilize thor at least two times, thor won once

8.- LTBB clear win for the hulk, fear it self goes to Thor

Overall Hulk ends up looking superior on canon comics and I have been accused on kmc as a Hulk hater

Final score if I am counting correctly

Looking better or winning

Hulk 8
Thor 5

This is why I say that Thor without Mjolnir is no match for the Hulk

IMO anyway, you can agree or disagree with it. But that's my opinion and belive me I have no horse on this race and I used to believe that Thor should win until I decided to analyze their fights and hear other points of view.

celeyhyga17
1. - Thor ends up looking better

2.- thor ends up looking better

4.- stalemate

5.- hulk clearly ends up looking better on all this comics iirc. And while not winning he ends up looking superior. In Hulk 440 is Hulk the one trying to reason with Thor, hulk 300 thor even uses lightning and accomplishes nothing, hulk 255 come on, hulk ends up looking superior, luckily for thor he ends up reverting into human form Hulk had the edge on this fight. Hulk 285 must be the dream sequence and I don't count dreams as canon so no fight in there.

6.- thor 385 hulk dominates thor who is fighting with no hammer edge goes to hulk, thor 489 thor had the advantage

7.- Annual 2001 hulk Ko or immobilize thor at least two times, thor won once

8.- LTBB clear win for the hulk, fear it self goes to Thor

Overall Hulk ends up looking superior on canon comics and I have been accused on kmc as a Hulk hater

Final score if I am counting correctly

Looking better or winning

Hulk 8
Thor 5

This is why I say that Thor without Mjolnir is no match for the Hulk

IMO anyway, you can agree or disagree with it. But that's my opinion and belive me I have no horse on this race and I used to believe that Thor should win until I decided to analyze their fights and hear other points of view.
Then your whole basis is flawed. You are leaning heavily on their matches that involve no Mjolnir. This fight is full power Thor and not diminished in anyway.

Also Defenders 35 and Hulk 255 were stalemates. It's puzzling to me why you think Hulk came out better.

They also had a short fight in The Savage Hulk one shot. A clear stalemate. Thor was using Mjolnir albeit not really intending to hurt Hulk.

And just for reference, Thor briefly dominated 2 alternate timeline Hulks in Avengers Season One. Gravage and Savage Hulks. Just sayin..

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Who gives a shit about Thor/Nul? Thor was dying, and Hulk was amped. Hardly a fair scenario.

Nul was hardly at World Breaker levels.

HoTM Hulk is still the best Hulk.

And his collateral damage with Betty in the dark dimension was way, way, WAY better than Thor's more gradual collateral damage against Gorr.

Hulk is orders of magnitude stronger than Thor at his best. It's really not even close.

By feats, he is a lot faster on his feet than Thor as well, mostly due to the feats Mark Waid gave him.

If we are using them at their absolute best, with a .5 km starting distance....Hulk wins.

Thunderclap is quicker to do than anything Thor can pull off. Thor will be off balance and hurt before he can pull off a single lightning bolt. And then Hulk easily covers the distance gap and stays on Thor like white on rice.

There's not going to be any time or distance for Thor to try to pull off his slow soul drain that barely even has any appearances.

No guarantee it would even work. Hulk has no-sold esoteric stuff all the time and IIRC has at least a couple of soul defense feats as well.

Hulk is Thor's better. That is what Marvel thinks in pretty much every medium.

krisblaze
Originally posted by CosmicComet

And his collateral damage with Betty in the dark dimension was way, way, WAY better than Thor's more gradual collateral damage against Gorr.
Hulk isn't world breaker here, so that doesn't really matter.

Hulk is orders of magnitude stronger than Thor at his best. It's really not even close.
Sure it's close. It's been close in just about every encounter.

Hulk is stronger, but far from "orders of magnitude".

By feats, he is a lot faster on his feet than Thor as well, mostly due to the feats Mark Waid gave him.
A few running feats from Hulk?

Thor's just as fast only he flies. He hasn't run in 30 years so I don't see how that would come up in a fight...

If we are using them at their absolute best, with a .5 km starting distance....Hulk wins.
We're not using them at their "absolute best". They're fighting to the best of their ability. Are you new?

Thunderclap is quicker to do than anything Thor can pull off. Thor will be off balance and hurt before he can pull off a single lightning bolt. And then Hulk easily covers the distance gap and stays on Thor like white on rice.

Thunderclap is not enough to hurt Thor.

Thor is faster and has better range/accuracy on his attacks.

There's not going to be any time or distance for Thor to try to pull off his slow soul drain that barely even has any appearances.

Thor doesn't need soul drain, which would instantly kill the Hulk, because he has overwhelming power.

Not even close.

Thor fights foes out of the Hulk's league, can call upon far greater amounts of power and is far more versatile.

The only chance the Hulk has is if they fight hand to hand, which they won't. Thor is fighting to the best of his ability and can kill the Hulk with any number of energy blasts, lightning bolts, or absorptions/whatever.

carver9
The only Herald I question when it comes to battling Hulk is Superman. Hulk is to Marvel what DC is to Superman. Superman and his fans are my threat when it comes to my character. Thor, I can't see it. Thor, I can't see him pulling this off. No knock against him, but, he is no Hulk. Hulk is the most powerful being on the planet with Thor following him. With that said, someone bump the Superman vs Hulk thread so that we can get this debating started (Hulk still wins).

celeyhyga17

No guarantee it would even work. Hulk has no-sold esoteric stuff all the time and IIRC has at least a couple of soul defense feats as well.

Read some Thor.

The things you spout at times are so cringeworthy all I can do is smdh..

quanchi112

Yet we hear this repeated garbage that canon has Hulk above Thor. HOW and WHEN. Stadard HUlk ( not World Breaker, or World War) against Standard Thor ( no Odin Force of warrior's madness) To me this is the best rivalry among peers in marvel or DC. As close as it gets to me. I slightly favor the Hulk but it could go either way.

carver9
To me this is the best rivalry among peers in marvel or DC. As close as it gets to me. I slightly favor the Hulk but it could go either way.

Superman vs Thor isn't debatable to you?

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
Superman vs Thor isn't debatable to you? When did I say that isn't debatable ? Learn what words mean. This is the best rivalry since they have been going toe to toe for decades. Understand now ?

Time-Immemorial
Superman vs Thor isn't debatable to you?

How do you pull this statement out of what he said?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
How do you pull this statement out of what he said? laughing out loud

I know.

Delta1938
And just for reference, Thor briefly dominated 2 alternate timeline Hulks in Avengers Season One. Gravage and Savage Hulks. Just sayin..

"AVENGERS SEASON ONE?" Is this a comic in the regular MU with a weird title?

Blue Area Vet
When did I say that isn't debatable ? Learn what words mean. This is the best rivalry since they have been going toe to toe for decades. Understand now ?

I believe he is asking if Superman vs. Thor could possibly be a bigger rivalry that Thor vs. Hulk, not if Thor vs. Superman is debatable in terms of who wins.

quanchi112
I believe he is asking if Superman vs. Thor could possibly be a bigger rivalry that Thor vs. Hulk, not if Thor vs. Superman is debatable in terms of who wins. I get what he's saying but it had nothing to do with my logic. There's decades of interaction rbtween the two characters and the Thor/Superman rivalry has one non canon showing to my knowledge.

Blue Area Vet
I get what he's saying but it had nothing to do with my logic. There's decades of interaction rbtween the two characters and the Thor/Superman rivalry has one non canon showing to my knowledge.

I agreed with you 100%, but I'm pretty sure that's what he saying.

Rao Kal El
Then your whole basis is flawed. You are leaning heavily on their matches that involve no Mjolnir. This fight is full power Thor and not diminished in anyway.

Also Defenders 35 and Hulk 255 were stalemates. It's puzzling to me why you think Hulk came out better.

They also had a short fight in The Savage Hulk one shot. A clear stalemate. Thor was using Mjolnir albeit not really intending to hurt Hulk.

My whole basis is flawed? When I have counted almost every single canon fight and give Thor props in his first two matches? Hulk 300 gives you pretty much a full power Thor who can't deal with Hulk (mindless) and is not even the strongest Hulk.

Defenders 35 is a statlemate don't know what you are arguing this.

Hulk 255 is completely with edge to hulk. If Hulk were not an idiot he could have killed Thor right there. This fight is a complete edge to Hulk.

I actually don't care or count instances that are not canon to 616 like Hulk defeating an alt Thor on the heroes reborn universe.

Now correcte me if I am wrong but aren't you the guy who claims Thor is almost as strong as WBH?

I mean I don't think WBH is all that powerful but Thor is certantly no match in the strength department for a WBH, not a flea compared to him but certantly not a match.

And I stick to my original statement

CANON shows that Hulk has the edge over Thor, fanfiction might be another story but CANON has more value

carver9
I believe he is asking if Superman vs. Thor could possibly be a bigger rivalry that Thor vs. Hulk, not if Thor vs. Superman is debatable in terms of who wins.

Exactly. You're good at reading things buddy.

Blue Area Vet
Exactly. You're good at reading things buddy.

Yeah man, but if I'm going to be your full time translator, I need to pay me. stick out tongue

Magnificent M
Standard brawl: Hulk 10/10 sooner or later.

Everything goes, no BFR: Slight edge to Thor, but he would need to be quite esoteric since Hulk's too much of a force of nature to go down easy.

BFR allowed: Thor 10/10, dimension dump says "Hello."

carver9
Originally posted by Magnificent M
Standard brawl: Hulk 10/10 sooner or later.

Everything goes, no BFR: Slight edge to Thor, but he would need to be quite esoteric since Hulk's too much of a force of nature to go down easy.

BFR allowed: Thor 10/10, dimension dump says "Hello."

thumb up

Bfr on, I would give any Herald the lead against Hulk tbh. He can probably prevent it for some time but it'll eventually happen...especially the Heralds that know of him.

carver9
Yeah man, but if I'm going to be your full time translator, I need to pay me. stick out tongue

Lol

StiltmanFTW
If We go by canon comics Hulk wins.

If We go by fan fiction Thor wins.

But canon has more weight

Savage laughing out loud

Agreed.

celeyhyga17
My whole basis is flawed? When I have counted almost every single canon fight and give Thor props in his first two matches? Hulk 300 gives you pretty much a full power Thor who can't deal with Hulk (mindless) and is not even the strongest Hulk.

Sub Mariner 35 is a statlemate don't know what you are arguing this.

Hulk 255 is completely with edge to hulk. If Hulk were not an idiot he could have killed Thor right there. This fight is a complete edge to Hulk.

I actually don't care or count instances that are not canon to 616 like Hulk defeating an alt Thor on the heroes reborn universe.

Now correcte me if I am wrong but aren't you the guy who claims Thor is almost as strong as WBH?

I mean I don't think WBH is all that powerful but Thor is certantly no match in the strength department for a WBH, not a flea compared to him but certantly not a match.

And I stick to my original statement

CANON shows that Hulk has the edge over Thor, fanfiction might be another story but CANON has more value
Here's what you said about Submariner #35 and Hulk #255.

5.- hulk 255 come on, hulk ends up looking superior, luckily for thor he ends up reverting into human form Hulk had the edge on this fight.

Here are the actual fights.
Originally posted by ODG

Thor vs Savage Hulk again, from Sub-Mariner #35:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk06Sub-Mariner35.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk07.jpg

Thor vs Savage Hulk for the fourth time, from Incredible Hulk #255:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk13Hulk255.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk14.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk15.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk16.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk17.jpg

Now how in the world can you claim Hulk looked better? Heck in Defenders #35 he was trying to reason with Hulk and ended after the last blow which belonged to Thor.
And in Hulk #255 Thor was barely fighting back and was mostly concerned about innocents. That's why he even turned back to Blake in the first place. He was bracing the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel to prevent the East River from rushing in. Not sure why you even referenced Hulk killing him when there was a lot of context involved.
Your interpretations are just out of whack here.

Now keep in mind this fight is Thor with all his powers.

Sure I will correct you. What I said was WBH is not far and away stronger than Thor if we focus in on his highest end displays of physical power.

Rao Kal El
Savage laughing out loud

Agreed.

Truth bro. thumb up

And I am no fan of either character is not like bias is clouding my judgement

Rao Kal El
Here's what you said about Submariner #35 and Hulk #255.

Here are the actual fights.

Now how in the world can you claim Hulk looked better? Heck in Defenders #35 he was trying to reason with Hulk and ended after the last blow which belonged to Thor.
And in Hulk #255 Thor was barely fighting back and was mostly concerned about innocents. That's why he even turned back to Blake in the first place. He was bracing the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel to prevent the East River from rushing in. Not sure why you even referenced Hulk killing him when there was a lot of context involved.
Your interpretations are just out of whack here.

Now keep in mind this fight is Thor with all his powers.

Sure I will correct you. What I said was WBH is not far and away stronger than Thor if we focus in on his highest end displays of physical power.

Lol Thor was saved by the horn that distracted Hulk, even your scan implies the idea that Thor was saved by this distraction.

Same as the other comic. Your Thor bias is clouding your judgement IMO.

Full power fight yes I am aware of it. Thor wins in FANfiction Canon has more weight.

For all this fanfiction that you guys talk about. I have never seen it displayed in on of their fights for the last 50 years. Where is the evidence? We assume Thor could dimensionally remove hulk from the battlefield. Yes that is possible, but with out BFR Thor is toast.

And I keep sticking to my original statement.

Canon goes to Hulk
Fanfiction goes to Thor

celeyhyga17
Lol Thor was saved by the horn that distracted Hulk, even your scan implies the idea that Thor was saved by this distraction.

Same as the other comic. Your Thor bias is clouding your judgement IMO.

Full power fight yes I am aware of it. Thor wins in FANfiction Canon has more weight.

For all this fanfiction that you guys talk about. I have never seen it displayed in on of their fights for the last 50 years. Where is the evidence? We assume Thor could dimensionally remove hulk from the battlefield. Yes that is possible, but with out BFR Thor is toast.

And I keep sticking to my original statement.

Canon goes to Hulk
Fanfiction goes to Thor
What do most of their fights gave in common? I'll give you a hint. One guy almost always is in a more holding back or defensive mindset and always looking out for innocents. While the other guy is an agressive brute.

Now let's focus in on what the OP said.
Standard Hulk no WB, WW feats for hulk. No warriors madness for Thor. Both will use ALL at their disposal to win.

Blue Area Vet
What do most of their fights gave in common? I'll give you a hint. One guy almost always is in a more holding back or defensive mindset and always looking out for innocents. While the other guy is an agressive brute.

Exactly. If Thor acted that way, it would be UGLY for everyone.

Rao Kal El

Now let's focus in on what the OP said.

Nah! That is just the perception of a fan

You haven't changed nothing

Canon goes to Hulk
Fanfiction goes to Thor

thumb up

StiltmanFTW
One-shot.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/SV9Qj.jpg

One-shot again.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213429/4639355-8462467320-46245.jpg

*gurgle*

http://i.stack.imgur.com/I9GJv.jpg

Rao Kal El
One-shot.

One-shot again.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213429/4639355-8462467320-46245.jpg

*gurgle*

thumb up

Dude I am not a Thor or Hulk fan

But sometimes it pains me to see the amount of denial on both camps.

Hulk has the edge on canon fights

krisblaze
Stilt stop trolling/lowballing.

Or Bada will be back.

StiltmanFTW
Bada is Team Hulk, I'm quite safe.

krisblaze
Nah, even Bada knows that Thor trounces Hulk in a fight where Thor actually does something.

Even you should realize the context behind this nonsense you're posting.

Rao Kal El

laughing truth

celeyhyga17

Canon goes to Hulk
Fanfiction goes to Thor

thumb up
facepalm

The very two fights we're talking about he's literally trying to reason with him during the damn battle.
Are we not looking at the same thing here?

That's more of an indictment of skewed perception if anything.

Blue Area Vet
One-shot.

One-shot again.

*gurgle*

You're pathetic.

The Sorrow
He's right though, too much denial when it comes to Hulk vs Thor. You have literally seen Hulk one shot Thor, made Thor slap himself in the face with his own hammer, repeatedly, even had Thor outright admit he can't win yet people will still make excuses and claim Thor stomps.

Most of their stalemates happened in the early days, and as Hulks stock has risen Marvel are seemingly okay with showing Hulk as the more powerful of the 2 from time to time.

In comics Hulk has the edge (WWH/WBH are beyond Thor), in animation Hulk beats Thor, in the movie Hulk had the edge etc etc. Can Thor beat Hulk? At his best sure, but on average no and this has been shown to be the case numerous times.

Rao Kal El
facepalm

The very two fights we're talking about he's literally trying to reason with him during the damn battle.
Are we not looking at the same thing here?

That's more of an indictment of skewed perception if anything.

Both canon battles all powerful thor is unable to deal with a mild enraged hulk and saved by the plot. Nice thumb up

And We are not even talking a highly enraged hulk

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by The Sorrow
He's right though, too much denial when it comes to Hulk vs Thor. You have literally seen Hulk one shot Thor, made Thor slap himself in the face with his own hammer, repeatedly, even had Thor outright admit he can't win yet people will still make excuses and claim Thor stomps.

Most of their stalemates happened in the early days, and as Hulks stock has risen Marvel are seemingly okay with showing Hulk as the more powerful of the 2 from time to time.

In comics Hulk has the edge (WWH/WBH are beyond Thor), in animation Hulk beats Thor, in the movie Hulk had the edge etc etc. Can Thor beat Hulk? At his best sure, but on average no and this has been shown to be the case numerous times.

thumb up

CosmicComet
^ Yeah, Marvel has no problem outright stating Hulk's superiority over Thor. In any medium.

Even in the Disney cartoons. Hulk has called Thor 'barely a match' in Agents of SMASH, and proved it.

carver9

thumb up

StiltmanFTW
^ Yeah, Marvel has no problem outright stating Hulk's superiority over Thor. In any medium.

Even in the Disney cartoons. Hulk has called Thor 'barely a match' in Agents of SMASH, and proved it.

thumb up

And the old one from nineties...

w-MhgZV0xzU

Odin, my father... thy son hath failed his mission laughing out loud

The Sorrow

Didn't a berserker rage Hulk beat Odin in that series as well?

DarkSaint85
Can Thor beat Hulk? At his best sure, but on average no and this has been shown to be the case numerous times.

So in the context of this thread.....Thor wins?

CosmicComet
Didn't a berserker rage Hulk beat Odin in that series as well?

He did.

Off-topic a bit but what I liked about the Disney cartoons is that the heroes aren't as toned down as they are in the movies.

Hulk in Agents of SMASH was strong enough to pull a tectonic plate back together.

That's still a pretty elite level feat even in comics.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So in the context of this thread.....Thor wins?
He has a chance at least, but generally no he isn't beating Hulk unless Thor well... Stops fighting like Thor.

Rao Kal El
Scans of Thor not fighting like Thor? evil face

Fanfiction Thor wins

CosmicComet
thumb up

And the old one from nineties...

w-MhgZV0xzU

Odin, my father... thy son hath failed his mission laughing out loud

Then of course there is this

FMyONIW4DZM

He beat down Thor so thoroughly that it was kinda hard to watch.

Funniest part is at 2:08 where Hulk break's Thor's wrist with a punch and he gives off the most pitiable scream. laughing out loud

carver9
He did.

Off-topic a bit but what I liked about the Disney cartoons is that the heroes aren't as toned down as they are in the movies.

Hulk in Agents of SMASH was strong enough to pull a tectonic plate back together.

That's still a pretty elite level feat even in comics.

Yeah, he prevented the planet from splitting. Per the words after that showing "Hulk pulled the planet back together".

golem370
Hulk would win eventually faster attack speed + healing + stronger + brutality.

StiltmanFTW

FMyONIW4DZM

Funniest part is at 2:08 where Hulk break's Thor's wrist with a punch and he gives off the most pitiable scream. laughing out loud

laughing

Hulk Vs. Yeah, I remember those movies, Wolverine did so much better wink

Enchantress had great boobs in it:

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo261/8-2-B-4-9-5/01AmoraFanservice.jpg

=====
Delta Ray Dave got pummeled, too:

VoBhuv1GUJU

quanchi112
I may have to don the hammer once again.

Rao Kal El
Yeah. I'm done in here.

Consensus doesn't look good for Thor unless we ignore canon and go with fanfic

abhilegend

FMyONIW4DZM

Even Hulk fans were disgusted by the lack of respect given to Thor.

laughing out loud

carver9
Yeah, that fight was disturbing.

Raisen
seriously tho, if hulk wanted to he could pound thor in the a$$.

probably did non-canon tho

StiltmanFTW
It was great, exactly how it should go every time they meet.

==============
More...

00:50 - 2:30

uRaw2f4to8w

Cap: Leave him alone, Hulk! Fight me! laughing

CosmicComet
Even Hulk fans were disgusted by the lack of respect given to Thor.

laughing out loud

Not so much disgusted by disrespect but more of a

https://media.giphy.com/media/amnZC37fDEuoE/giphy.gif

type of reaction.

haermm

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Rao Kal El
Not so much disgusted by disrespect but more of a

https://media.giphy.com/media/amnZC37fDEuoE/giphy.gif

type of reaction.

haermm

http://gif.co/qUou.gif

Time-Immemorial
Rao, Did you catch them all yet?

Rao Kal El
Rao, Did you catch them all yet?

Lol How my friend? Remember?

http://gif.co/vElM.gif

Time-Immemorial
Dude I got a few already

Rao Kal El
Dude I got a few already

Nice. Seems like a good game and everyone is into it

Khazra Reborn
You dweebs are officially trying way too hard.

Stoic
Thor can win if he manages to keep his distance. However the way that their fights always go, the Hulk is forced to bring the fight to Thor due to having very few long distance attacks (quake stomps, and thunder claps). When thinking about how a real battle would go, Thor would have very few chances to pull out the exotic stuff with a guy that is physically stronger than him all up in his face grappling him. This is why I believe that many of their battles have ended on the note that they have. In my opinion either can win this, it would depend solely on which one dictated the battle. Up close goes to the Hulk, distance goes to Thor.

golem370
The only problem with that is Thor is a warrior and has a warriors mentality.

celeyhyga17
Both canon battles all powerful thor is unable to deal with a mild enraged hulk and saved by the plot. Nice thumb up

And We are not even talking a highly enraged hulk
So when logic fails play dumb. Gotcha...
thumb up

Now I know why..... Smh.

If Thor uses all at his disposal it's staggering the amount of ways Hulk loses here. Even if Thor isn't in kill mode.

Again read the OP.

So who does win between these two Marvel power houses in a FORUM fight.
Standard Hulk no WB, WW feats for hulk. No warriors madness for Thor. Both will use all at their disposal to win.

Rao Kal El
So when logic fails play dumb. Gotcha...
thumb up

Now I know why..... Smh.

If Thor uses all at his disposal it's staggering the amount of ways Hulk loses here. Even if Thor isn't in kill mode.

Again read the OP.

Yes I agree Fanfic Thor wins

Too bad canon doesn't help your argument.

Hopefully you will get it this time.

beatboks

Canon goes to Hulk
Fanfiction goes to Thor

thumb up

It's not perception it's supported by "canon" as you like to say

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Soujaboy/media/Thor%20Feats/Thorowninghulk1.jpg.html

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Soujaboy/media/Thor%20Feats/Thorowninghulk2.jpg.html

Notice it say how Thor "pauses" ?? His mistake. He held back rather than press the battle. Had he not held back he could have done as he did over the next couple of pages and kept his attack on
http://s39.photobucket.com/user/marvelkris/media/Scans/Thorowninghulk4.jpg.html
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Soujaboy/media/Thor%20Feats/Thorowninghulk5.jpg.html

Or if he had driven the battle he could have done this

http://s39.photobucket.com/user/marvelkris/media/random%20comic%20feats/Thor489-07.jpg.html

There are plenty of other examples where it's calrly shown Thor doesn't drive the attack with Hulk.

You talk about canon and fanfic. The OP stated if BOTH used everything at their disposal. That flat out states it's not a "canon fight" because Thor doesn't fight that way. He holds back against everyone to fight honorably. he doesn't use energy projection or magic in a fight if his adversary can't fight that way because it would be dishonorable.

The fact is that Physically it's been shown time and again Thor and hulk are physical peers ( discounting the regurgitated incorrect argument that Hulk is stronger)

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Soujaboy/media/Thor%20Feats/WhatIf045-39a.jpg.html

Strength that "matches his own". "the battle is now NEARLY equal"
Equal enough that Thor could do this

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Soujaboy/media/Thor%20Feats/WhatIf045-40a.jpg.html

What your calling fanfic is what a FORUM FIGHT is. The OP was set to stipulate how their powers would be used and that contradicts the way Thor does in canon. Your "logic" simply doesn't apply to the stipulated conditions of the battle.

Forum fights are supposed to ignore PIS that allows a character with greater utility to loose or only match a character who matches them in some quarters and can't contend in others. They're supposed to focus on what would happen without the plot help granted by Writers trying to come up with ways to underwrite a a character.

Rao Kal El
It's not perception it's supported by "canon" as you like to say

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Soujaboy/media/Thor%20Feats/Thorowninghulk1.jpg.html

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Soujaboy/media/Thor%20Feats/Thorowninghulk2.jpg.html

Notice it say how Thor "pauses" ?? His mistake. He held back rather than press the battle. Had he not held back he could have done as he did over the next couple of pages and kept his attack on
http://s39.photobucket.com/user/marvelkris/media/Scans/Thorowninghulk4.jpg.html
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Soujaboy/media/Thor%20Feats/Thorowninghulk5.jpg.html

Or if he had driven the battle he could have done this

http://s39.photobucket.com/user/marvelkris/media/random%20comic%20feats/Thor489-07.jpg.html

There are plenty of other examples where it's calrly shown Thor doesn't drive the attack with Hulk.

You talk about canon and fanfic. The OP stated if BOTH used everything at their disposal. That flat out states it's not a "canon fight" because Thor doesn't fight that way. He holds back against everyone to fight honorably. he doesn't use energy projection or magic in a fight if his adversary can't fight that way because it would be dishonorable.

The fact is that Physically it's been shown time and again Thor and hulk are physical peers ( discounting the regurgitated incorrect argument that Hulk is stronger)

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Soujaboy/media/Thor%20Feats/WhatIf045-39a.jpg.html

Strength that "matches his own". "the battle is now NEARLY equal"
Equal enough that Thor could do this

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Soujaboy/media/Thor%20Feats/WhatIf045-40a.jpg.html

What your calling fanfic is what a FORUM FIGHT is. The OP was set to stipulate how their powers would be used and that contradicts the way Thor does in canon. Your "logic" simply doesn't apply to the stipulated conditions of the battle.

Forum fights are supposed to ignore PIS that allows a character with greater utility to loose or only match a character who matches them in some quarters and can't contend in others. They're supposed to focus on what would happen without the plot help granted by Writers trying to come up with ways to underwrite a a character.

Jesus lord Almighty

My "logic" does not apply?

Let me see, I said Fanfic Thor wins, so I guess not even that applies?

Now I have no problem with those old fights in which I said Thor look better and I gave the edge to Thor, but that was back then. Today things have changed.

Now you call PIS in favor of Hulk but you also forget a couple of things. Hulk fights controlled by Bruce who tries to restraint the Hulk, also Hulk is not a complete idiot, he does things that casually look like accidents but are premeditated accidents and also that Hulk will not stand iddle while Thor is trying to conjure something, Hulk will savagely jump in front of Thor's face and take the fight to him ah and on a PIS off fight Hulk WILL have dynamic strength unlike some of their fights. You said PIS is off in this battle but CIS is not and let's be honest Thor fights like an idiot punching first and asking questions later.

So in character he will tend to make all the mistakes he usually makes when fighting the Hulk and Hulk will tend to make all the mistakes Hulk makes when fighting Thor, so your PIS argument goes both ways.

Also nice non canon scan of a what if story. I don't count those as I don't count Hulk's dreams of breaking Mjolnirs with his hands.

I think that what is happening here is that the term FANFIC is hard to swallow when the canon fights of this two doesn't back up the fanfic argument, so we have to completely ignore canon and go with the fanfic.

I stick to my original statement

Canon goes to Hulk
Fanfic goes to Thor

And you guys pretty much are agreed that fanfic goes to Thor the only thing is that you guys don't like the term and canon doesn't back up the conclusion.

Now IF a Hulk fan will please step up to the plate. I don't have a horse on this race and it is kind of ridiculous that I am defending the Hulk, but if you guys pay me I'll switch to the gamma tards camp to defend the hulk for you guys.

celeyhyga17
You do have a horse. It's Hulk.

erm

It's ok if you do. That's what these threads are about anyway.

And canon backs the idea that Thor is almost always holding back a majority of the time, always trying to reason during battle and looking out for innocents. That's just how it is.

StiltmanFTW
So is the Hulk.

Embrace the Pak Equation.

Rao Kal El
So is the Hulk.

Embrace the Pak Equation.

Not only Pak, other writers had banner trying to restrain the Hulk always. Pater David and Kely did it too IIRC

abhilegend
You do have a horse. It's Hulk.

erm

It's ok if you do. That's what these threads are about anyway.

And canon backs the idea that Thor is almost always holding back a majority of the time, always trying to reason during battle and looking out for innocents. That's just how it is.
Except when he isn't. Like in Hulk 300,explicitly stated to not hold back.

Or Thor 385 where he became as berserk as hulk. Or Hulk 440.

Blue Area Vet
A lot of Hulk fans are as enraged as Hulk is and can't see the truth. The authors have done everything possible to show that Thor holds back, for a variety of reasons almost all the time. Thor loves earth and it's mortals and is always concerned about collateral damage, and that includes the mortal Bruce Banner. Thor is a bit of an environmentalist and should being that his birth mother is Gaea. Thor sees himself as an honorable warrior and does not takes lives unless he has to. Now the relationship between him and Hulk is not likely to change, so you anti-Thor filth can continue to beat your chests like the biased lunatics you are. Just know the "canon" truth hasn't changed either.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>