Asajj Ventress Runs A Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
This is Asajj Ventress as of Dark Disciple. She is equipped with her two red-bladed lightsabers. Setting is the Teth Monastery.

Warm-up: Darth Skotia
Round 1: Ezra Bridger
Round 2: Tionne Solusar
Round 3: Grand Inquisitor
Round 4: Aayla Secura
Round 5: Tholme
Round 6: Darth Maladi
Round 7: Qui-Gon Jinn
Round 8: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Attack of the Clones)
Round 9: Anakin Skywalker (Attack of the Clones)
Round 10: Quinlan Vos (Legends)
Round 11: Kit Fisto
Round 12: Sora Bulq
Round 13: Plo Koon
Round 14: Darth Talon
Round 15: Satele Shan
Round 16: Darth Marr
Round 17: Darth Malgus (Deceived)
Round 18: Kyle Katarn
Round 19: Lord Scourge
Round 20: Darth Maul (The Phantom Menace)
Boss: Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Clone Wars: Season 5)

carthage
Possible split with Bulq, down at Malgus. Kyle is too high imo

Definitely down at TPM Maul

Could split with Kenobi

Edit: She could beat Bulq due to greater force showings.

Kurk
I'd reckon 7 or 8. I don't know why you put AotC Anakin above Jinn and Kenobi though.

SunRazer
10's probably higher than 11 just because Ventress has a form counter to 11.

Not too sure where she stops but she doesn't get past Malgus.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by carthage
Possible split with Bulq, down at Malgus. Kyle is too high imo

Definitely down at TPM Maul

Could split with Kenobi

Edit: She could beat Bulq due to greater force showings.

She's not losing to Deceived Malgus lmao.

SunRazer
She is. She's not more skilled and certainly not more powerful.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, Malgus would impregnate her, lmao.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Yeah, Malgus would impregnate her, lmao.

That would result in some god ****ing disgusting child.

DarthAnt66
Skotia's better than Ezra.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by |King Joker|
This is Asajj Ventress as of Dark Disciple. She is equipped with her two red-bladed lightsabers. Setting is the Teth Monastery.
Does she give them a strip tease like she does Kenobi?

Round 1: Ezra Bridger
Round 2: Tionne Solusar
Round 3: Grand Inquisitor
Round 4: Aayla Secura
Round 5: Tholme
Ventress stomps no question. Ezra needs a lot more training, Vos was giving Aayla the smackdown, Tionne is shit, the Grand Inquisitor is confirmed to at the very very best be slightly beneath Ventress, and Tholme being smoke won't save him.
Round 6: Darth Maladi
Maladi could give Ventress trouble with her mind ****ery, but given the extent of Ventress's other advantages I don't see it being enough to tip the fight in her favor.
Round 7: Qui-Gon Jinn
Jinn certainly won't go down easily given the fight he gave TPM Maul, and I don't really see Ventress doing anything to unbalance him, but she would inevitably overcome him nonetheless.
Round 8: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Attack of the Clones)
Given how this version of Kenobi is beneath Qui-Gon (via Dooku's comparison and Qui-Gon's performance against Maul) and Fisto (via his own admission and Fisto having to hold back for them to duel evenly), as well as Kenobi only stalemating a pre-prime Ventress a few months after AOTC, Ventress should conclusively take this one.
Round 9: Anakin Skywalker (Attack of the Clones)
Though I take Anakin's performance against Dooku as an indication that he's above AOTC Kenobi, I don't for a second believe that it proves any degree of parity between him and Dooku, and given that a pre-prime Ventress was matching a slightly later incarnation of him on Yavin until he drew upon his anger, and that she dueled well against him on Kamino once he got the Jedi mullet, I'm inclined to think that she'd beat this incarnation of him.
Round 10: Quinlan Vos (Legends)
Vos while decently impressive in his own right has been displayed as being beneath Agen Kolar and Sora Bulq, and Ventress just strikes me as his superior in almost every respect, so I'd say she takes him here as well.
Round 11: Kit Fisto
She only bested him circumstantially in cestus deception, though this was pre-prime, and I'm inclined to think she could replicate that performance at her peak given the fight she gave Grievous in Season Four considering Grievous's feats between his fight with Fisto and then.
Round 12: Sora Bulq
This fight does interest me, though I'm truthfully unsure what to make of Bulq so I can't really comment on this one.
Round 13: Plo Koon
Ventress held out better against Savage than Plo did IMO, and I'm also more impressed with her other feats and her Force feats, so I'd side Ventress but Koon would make her work for it.
Round 14: Darth Talon
Talon basically strikes me as Ventress light but with lightning, and I'm more impressed with the opponents Ventress has matched or defeated than I am with Talon's
Round 15: Satele Shan
Satele strikes me as having a Force edge (teleportation, greater telekinesis, rather insane tutaminus, etc.) while Ventress strikes me as having the sabers edge. Normally I'd be inclined to lean Ventress but as of right now I'm uncertain as to what extent Satele can utilize teleportation in combat to mitigate her dueling disadvantage so I'm unsure.
Round 16: Darth Marr
Darth Marr is largely unexplored, however from what I've seen of his speed it's pretty damn insane, his combat abilities are stated to be second to none in the empire, and he's a hell of a tank. I'm unsure given how sketchily defined Marr is but I'm leaning his way.
Round 17: Darth Malgus (Deceived)
This is where I'd say she definitively stops, as Malgus's force abilities (matching freighter's engines with TK, blasting several tons of rubble off of him, overpowering Aryn with lightning, killing Jedi with lightning) and physicality (considerably greater physical strength and much greater durability) lead me to side with him.
Round 18: Kyle Katarn
Kyle Katarn's status as a threat against Caedus (substantiated by him landing a kick to Caedus's head and him and the three other Jedi matching him evenly for most of the duel in lightsaber combat despite the three other Jedi being collectively no threat to him and Caedus TKing one or two of them away), him defeating Desann (who as stupid as it is managed to last briefly against Luke), and him being on par with Viun Gaalan (who did hold off Luke briefly in a very impressive manner) all lead me to believe Katarn would outduel Ventress. Luke chose his battlemaster well and I think she would stop here as well.
Round 19: Lord Scourge
Scourge I'm impressed with as he was superior to an incarnation of the HOT that was still the greatest Jedi in the Order (including Satele Shan, Jaric Kaeden, Gnost Dural, pre-prime Barsen'thor, and Tol Braga), the dark council feared him, and he had three hundred years of improvement on top of already being comparable to Meetra Surrik, so I'd say she stops here as well.
Round 20: Darth Maul (The Phantom Menace)
Maul as of this point hasn't gotten the exposure to give him his greatest dueling feats, but he still has the dueling feats of stomping Komari Vosa while injured, completely dominating a Jedi Weapons Master to the point of an hero, and controlling the Naboo fight are still very good feats, his physicality is utterly insane (especially in Lockdown), is one of the deadliest Sith Warriors in history on top of having refined his skills to a rather insane degree, and possesses enough Force power to collapse barracks. With all of that in mind, I'd put this incarnation of Maul above Ventress, and even if they were even, Maul would still undoubtedly outlast her.
Boss: Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Clone Wars: Season 5)
Obi-Wan's ability to match Maul in lightsaber combat as well as he did leaves me inclined to believe him the superior duelist, particularly with his feat against Maul and Savage at the same time, which though it was circumstantial, I definitely could not see Ventress replicating it. Stops here as well

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Skotia's better than Ezra.

Didn't see that, but definitely thumb up

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
That would result in some god ****ing disgusting child.
Yeah, kinda disgusting to think about, honestly.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Given how this version of Kenobi is beneath Qui-Gon (via Dooku's comparison and Qui-Gon's performance against Maul) and Fisto (via his own admission and Fisto having to hold back for them to duel evenly), as well as Kenobi only stalemating a pre-prime Ventress a few months after AOTC, Ventress should conclusively take this one.

Kenobi was almost at Jinn's level by TPM, and in the TCW movie he stomped the shit out of Ventress lol.

Emperordmb
Kenobi was almost at Jinn's level by TPM, and in the TCW movie he stomped the shit out of Ventress lol.
Yeah the TCW movie is after Anakin becomes knighted, and prior to that Kenobi only stalemates Ventress, so I'm hardly inclined to think that his TCW movie feats are reverse applicable to his AOTC incarnation.

SunRazer
Yeah, kinda disgusting to think about, honestly.

Well, you're the one who keeps bringing it up.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, 'cause I'mma c unt, obviously.

Emperordmb
Imagine Marr and Ventress having a child LOL

cs_zoltan
Yeah the TCW movie is after Anakin becomes knighted, and prior to that Kenobi only stalemates Ventress, so I'm hardly inclined to think that his TCW movie feats are reverse applicable to his AOTC incarnation.

I thought you meant the TCW movie duel, which was only weeks after AotC iirc.

cs_zoltan
Imagine Marr and Ventress having a child LOL

Marr was disfigured which is not hereditary. Malgus was fugly baseline.

Emperordmb
Marr was disfigured which is not hereditary. Malgus was fugly baseline.
Marr wasn't disfigured, it's because he was A black guy

cs_zoltan
Oh, I didn't know Ventress can reproduce with animals.

Emperordmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f7pgA0riU8&t=1m3s

Syndicate
Malgus.

|King Joker|
What if it's Malgus before his power growth in Deceived?

cs_zoltan
He was still ugly erm

SunRazer
I wasn't accounting for that before, lol.

Syndicate
What if it's Malgus before his power growth in Deceived?

Hmmm. You mean Hope?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by SunRazer
Didn't see that, but definitely thumb up It's an inside joke between DMB and I.

SunRazer
Ah, ok.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Syndicate
Hmmm. You mean Hope? No, like before the power growth he had in Deceived, aka Malgus in the beginning of Deceived.

The Ellimist
She is. She's not more skilled and certainly not more powerful.

What has Deceived Malgus done, beyond killing Zen Zallow and getting stalemated in a wrestling match with a soldier?

|King Joker|
*Ven Zallow smile

Emperordmb
Ah, ok.
It's a reference to LeGenD's claim that Skotia is Dooku level.

SunRazer
Originally posted by The Ellimist
What has Deceived Malgus done, beyond killing Zen Zallow and getting stalemated in a wrestling match with a soldier?

What would put you on par with Ventress in skill, if not defeating Ven Zallow?

For power, Malgus is canonically one of the most powerful of Palpatine's predecessors and Palpatine claims that his battlefield feats have never been duplicated. Satele also has Malgus over Baras, Chratis, etc.

As far as showings go, he's sent Aryn Leneer flying across hangars, let loose telekinetic blasts that have lurched the transport he was on in addition to sending doors and bodies flying, etc.

Above all, in Hope, after he had tanked Jace Malcom's missile blast to the face and Satele Shan pinning him to a cliff face and obliterating said cliff face with a rock blast, he proceeded to blow away several tons of rubble that were formerly part of two buildings. Remember that he has 14 years to grow until Deceived.

cs_zoltan
*Ven Swallow smile

|King Joker|
I like it. smile

The Ellimist
What would put you on par with Ventress in skill, if not defeating Ven Zallow?

Zallow himself hasn't done much. We know he's highly esteemed (as was Qordis), and can easily cut through fodder sith (as can Lord Hoth and Rastka Lsu).

Ventress has given good fights to TCW Obi Wan, who has significantly better skill feats and accolades than Malgus does, given the praise showered on him, his omnidirectional deflection of blaster fire from hundreds of droids at once, etc.

This isn't prime Malgus.

Not anything padawan Anakin didn't do.

Said Jace also tackles him, grabs his arms and out-wrestles him, LMFAO.

He survives Satele's attack, yes, just as how Ventress survived her fight with Anakin. The building feat still doesn't put him above OCW Skywalker.

Syndicate
No, like before the power growth he had in Deceived, aka Malgus in the beginning of Deceived.

I'd still go Malgus. I place him higher then most ( though not Neph high ).

SunRazer
Zallow himself hasn't done much. We know he's highly esteemed (as was Qordis), and can easily cut through fodder sith (as can Lord Hoth and Rastka Lsu).

Ventress has given good fights to TCW Obi Wan, who has significantly better skill feats and accolades than Malgus does, given the praise showered on him, his omnidirectional deflection of blaster fire from hundreds of droids at once, etc.

Zallow's better than Kao Cen Darach, who held off Vindican and Malgus in Return using a saberstaff and lightsaber. I'd say beating Zallow allows Malgus to give good fights to TCW Obi-Wan/Anakin as Ventress has done.

There's no disparity here, and Malgus' brutality would leave Ventress hard-pressed to exploit any possible skill advantage (which I'm still not seeing).

Malgus' journal from BoS was before Hope, IIRC, and Satele claims that Malgus is most dangerous embodiment of the dark side she ever encountered in Return. Doubt that's literally referring to Malgus as of that time, but I think she means Malgus is more powerful than anybody else she's met, ie. Baras/Chratis. Which is pretty good.

Sending Aryn Leneer across hangar is pretty damn good, especially since it was done without notable heavy effort. Aryn's slowed her 500m descent after jumping out of a ship (shielding herself and her partner in the process) and pushed six tram cars with a gesture.

He doesn't out-wrestle him at all. He tackles Malgus when the latter's distracted, and then he couldn't do anything else so he activated his concussion charge and sent them both flying.

Yeah, except Ventress wasn't in any position to hurl away several tons of building material after her "survival", lol. Again, Malgus had 14 years to grow afterwards.

At the height of his power, OCW Skywalker could ragdoll Ventress, IIRC.

The Ellimist
Zallow's better than Kao Cen Darach, who held off Vindican and Malgus in Return using a saberstaff and lightsaber. I'd say beating Zallow allows Malgus to give good fights to TCW Obi-Wan/Anakin as Ventress has done.

So you're scaling Malgus off of Zallow, and scaling Zallow off of someone who scales back off of Malgus?

Savage and Grievous are also "brutal", it hardly confers a sizable advantage compared to other factors, like the fact that Ventress has simply fought and hanged with more formidable opponents than Malgus has. I suppose you could say that this doesn't establish an upper limit on Malgus, and maybe Zallow is really awesome and we never get to see it, but is that probable? No.

We should also remember that Sidious thought Ventress could grow into a credible threat to himself.

Yes, but it's not like that's the only thing Sidious knows about him. And really, do you expect us to interpret the quote to mean that a) Malgus > all sith after him (lol) and b) that Malgus's personal journal is 100% truth?

Baras and Chratis? Come on, now.

Throwing a human female is top-tier now among Force users?

AotC Anakin beats this feat, and he does it without injury, unlike Aryn. Heck, he didn't even have to slow his fall; he just hit the speeder with perfect timing at terminal velocity. thumb up

Yeah, Malgus couldn't push him back, and he successfully moves his hand up and presses the charge.

OK, so Malgus can survive having some rock fall on him...? Maybe if the fight comes down to an attrition of heavy blunt injuries, we can take that into consideration. But I'll take hanging with Obi Wan, Grievous, Savage, etc. over beating Zallow and having an eloquent journal.

Yeah, but Ventress by her death is presumably more powerful than the one who lost to bloodlusted padawan Anakin.

Blasting away a bunch of rubble isn't that impressive - and from what I recall, it isn't necessary that he literally lifted and flung all of it away. He just needed to throw enough away for him to get out (IIRC?).

chingchangwalla
Could lose at 10 or 12, not getting past 17

|King Joker|
Kenobi was almost at Jinn's level by TPM, and in the TCW movie he stomped the shit out of Ventress lol. In the beginning and tail end of the fight he seemed to be ****ing with her, but in the middle of the duel Kenobi's demeanor seemed to become more serious, IMO. I don't think the gap between them is that wide, but yeah, Kenobi was definitely the one in control for the majority of the fight.

SunRazer
So you're scaling Malgus off of Zallow, and scaling Zallow off of someone who scales back off of Malgus?

I'm scaling Deceived Malgus off Zallow, and scaling Zallow off Kao, who scales off Return Malgus. It's not circular.

Savage was overpowering her, lol. Ventress contending with TCW Grievous on Dathomir isn't that great, and TCW Anakin is inconsistent as well. When not enraged, OCW Anakin isn't stronger than Malgus, either.

You might think that; I couldn't possibly comment.

I didn't say Malgus was above all Sith after him. That said, his battlefield feats not being replicated is a possibility. And it still doesn't refer to Malgus post-Deceved, since that was the last time he was on the battlefield. So it counts.

Doesn't compare to what he thought of Malgus, but okay.

Baras downed Angral (a candidate for the Dark Council) and was more powerful than Fulminiss, who destroyed cities.

Chratis was stomping Hex Droids with the Force and could've cracked open Eldon Ax's mind like an egg.

When they're a Jedi of considerable power, it's notable, yes.

Who said it was top-tier? More red herrings.

He hasn't beaten Aryn throwing six trams with a gesture.

Nah, Malgus grabs his hand before he can move it up to stick the charge on Malgus' face (I'm assuming that was what he was going for), so he blew it up in his hand instead.

You mean tanking a rocket blast, being slammed into a cliff face, a Force blast that destroyed said cliff, and then the cliff rock falling on him? Yeah. Incredible, isn't it?

He blew away several tons of rubble right after tanking the above. That's out of Ventress' paygrade.

And Malgus is presumably much more powerful than a severely injured version of him 14 years ago. Your point?

I'm pretty sure it was stated to be several tons that he blew away. Given the conditions, very impressive.

cs_zoltan
In the beginning and tail end of the fight he seemed to be ****ing with her, but in the middle of the duel Kenobi's demeanor seemed to become more serious, IMO. I don't think the gap between them is that wide, but yeah, Kenobi was definitely the one in control for the majority of the fight.

Kenobi was holding back and playing with Ventress until Anakin left the planet. After that happened Kenobi disarmed her in like 15seconds.

Ventress is a scrub tho.

MythLord
Given how this version of Kenobi is beneath Qui-Gon (via Dooku's comparison and Qui-Gon's performance against Maul)

You're funny DMB.

BazookaMaster
Warm-up: Darth Skotia - asajj murders
Round 1: Ezra Bridger - asajj murders
Round 2: Tionne Solusar - asajj murders
Round 3: Grand Inquisitor - asajj murders
Round 4: Aayla Secura - asajj stomps
Round 5: Tholme - asajj stomps
Round 6: Darth Maladi - asajj stomps
Round 7: Qui-Gon Jinn - asajj wins
Round 8: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Attack of the Clones) - asajj wins
Round 9: Anakin Skywalker (Attack of the Clones) - anakin wins
Round 10: Quinlan Vos (Legends) - asajj wins
Round 11: Kit Fisto - asajj wins by hair
Round 12: Sora Bulq - asajj dies
Round 13: Plo Koon - either way
Round 14: Darth Talon - asajj wins
Round 15: Satele Shan - asajj wins
Round 16: Darth Marr - asajj wins
Round 17: Darth Malgus (Deceived) - not sure
Round 18: Kyle Katarn - either way
Round 19: Lord Scourge - asajj wins
Round 20: Darth Maul (The Phantom Menace) - asajj dies
Boss: Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Clone Wars: Season 5) - asajj dies

|King Joker|
Kenobi was holding back and playing with Ventress until Anakin left the planet. After that happened Kenobi disarmed her in like 15seconds. I know of the quote saying Kenobi wasn't trying (though, I believe that was in the beginning of the fight, similar to how the movie portrays Kenobi messing around), but does it say that Kenobi was specifically holding back until Anakin escaped? Because I don't see why Kenobi would have waited that entire duration to finally disarm Ventress.

Either way, like I said, Kenobi was clearly ****ing with her in the beginning and near the end in the walkway, but in the middle of the fight his demeanor visibly changes to be more serious, like he wasn't ****ing around.

Also Zoltan if you want to wank Kenobi it should be in your best interest to wank the opponents he's defeated, like wtf. smile

cs_zoltan
The reason for ****ing around with Ventress (not literally, she's gross) is simple. Kenobi was just a distraction. He knew if Ventress feels like she's losing she's gona run like the little ***** she is smile

Kenobi only needed to buy time for Anakin, defeating Ventress was irrelevant:

"You haven't seen your protege's award-winning performance on holovid yet. . . ," she said.

"I'm sure he was magnificent, but there's one little snag."

"Go on. The only way I'm going to shut you up is by taking your head off, I can see that. So have your last moment on stage."

Kenobi looked up at the sky. "Feel it?"

Ventress readied herself for another diversionary tactic. She'd been preoccupied trying to contain Kenobi, too busy and angry to concentrate on feeling the subtler variations in the Force, and any suggestion that she should turn her attention elsewhere wasn't going to work. But now that she'd stopped for a moment, she felt it.

Skywalker was gone.

Ventress is a mindless fuggot, while Kenobi is smart smile

Also Zoltan if you want to wank Kenobi it should be in your best interest to wank the opponents he's defeated, like wtf. smile

There's Maul, Grievous and Anakin for that. Ventress is just a shitstain smile

|King Joker|
Fair enough. So much for me attempting to salvage what's left of Ventress' combative status. sad

Zenwolf

I didn't say Malgus was above all Sith after him. That said, his battlefield feats not being replicated is a possibility.

Always been wondering....but WHAT battlefield feats?

cs_zoltan
Fair enough. So much for me attempting to salvage what's left of Ventress' combative status. sad

Do it with someone worthy, not the dirt like Ventress smile

Not talking about Ahsoka.

Love you tho.

|King Joker|
Not talking about Ahsoka. http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/18/86/74/45/tumblr12.png

Love you tho. <3

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Deceived Malgus is better suited fighting guys like Peak Vader, not Savage lmao

Deronn_solo
Peak Vader would rape Deceived Malgus.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
LAL.

cs_zoltan
Peak Vader would rape Deceived Malgus.

Nah. Deceived Malgus is so far below Vader he'd just send a Galen clone to do the raping.

He'd rape FE Malgus tho.

|King Joker|
Peak Vader would rape Deceived Malgus. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You're all wrong.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You're all wrong. https://media.giphy.com/media/UIJRkcYlCNbaM/giphy.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Eww.

Anyways, what puts Peak Vader above Deceived Malgus?

cs_zoltan
The short answer is shitting all over Starkiller 5 years before his prime.

Deceived Malgus would get bent over by Act III HoT.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Eww.

Anyways, what puts Peak Vader above Deceived Malgus?

Being above his pre-prime self, who can match a guy who blows up frigates and tossing around hundreds of soldiers at once?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How does that beat being above Aryn, who can casually ragdoll a 6 car tram and has nanosecond reactions?

The Ellimist
lol

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Love you too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.