Kylo Ren vs RotS Shaak Ti

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Fight takes place on a huge plateau. Who wins?

chingchangwalla
LMAO. Shaak Ti wins every time

NewGuy01
What was the motivation behind this thread?

Syndicate
Ti.

MythLord
Meh, either way.

SunRazer
Originally posted by NewGuy01
What was the motivation behind this thread?

Nothing. Just a curious match-up to see where people rank RotS Shaak, who, IIRC, is canonically below Drallig.

Though I've just realized that they've both deflected lightsaber blades barehanded whilst injured/exhausted.

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer
Nothing. Just a curious match-up to see where people rank RotS Shaak, who, IIRC, is canonically below Drallig.

Outdated. I believe the TFU databank notes Shaak was placed in charge of the temple's defenses, indicating Mace had more faith in her than whats-his-face.

SunRazer
Originally posted by MythLord
Outdated. I believe the TFU databank notes Shaak was placed in charge of the temple's defenses, indicating Mace had more faith in her than whats-his-face.

I can't remember the source for Drallig > Shaak, so I can't date it.

As for putting her in charge of the Temple's defenses, that's her job, lol. I don't think that indicates superiority over someone whose job is to train padawans how to fight.

MythLord
I can't remember the source for Drallig > Shaak, so I can't date it.

As for putting her in charge of the Temple's defenses, that's her job, lol. I don't think that indicates superiority over someone whose job is to train padawans how to fight.

It's from 2005, IIRC.

Her job isn't defense of the Temple, that's just an assignment from Mace. Although, I suppose she is always used for defense of extremely important things like Kamino, the Chancellor and the Temple. mmm

SunRazer
I'll find a source, but it's stated pretty clearly that Shaak's job is defending the Temple.

Zenwolf
One thing should be pointed out is that the Temple Guard wasn't around at the time of the TFU quote, which the Temple Guard appears in 2013 and are noted as reporting to the head of Temple security which is Cin Drallig.

So the TFU quote is outdated.

Even disregarding that, since when is being put in charge of defenses make someone a better combatant? This would just mean they are good at organizing a defense.

SunRazer
There's quotes from the 2005 era that claim Shaak's job was defending the Temple, IIRC. Do you have quotes on hand, Zenwolf?

The Ellimist
Kylo is notoriously difficult to place.

Zenwolf
There's quotes from the 2005 era that claim Shaak's job was defending the Temple, IIRC. Do you have quotes on hand, Zenwolf?

Aye.

Though again, just because one is in charge of putting defense doesn't make them a superior combatant. I'm not sure where this line of thinking came from.

SunRazer
I meant one from the 2005 era.

Zenwolf
I don't recall any 05 quote.

SunRazer
It's one of the Insiders or Fact Files from around that time, IIRC.

cs_zoltan
What quote says Cin > Shaak?

SunRazer
The one that states Cin was the greatest swordsman inside the Temple when Anakin raided it.

Zenwolf
I don't recall any Ti quote from 05, I looked but can't find it. But I do have the Cin one.

SunRazer
When was the Cin quote from?

Zenwolf
05, the Episode 3 Visual Dictionary.

SunRazer
Yeah, fair enough.

cs_zoltan
The one that states Cin was the greatest swordsman inside the Temple when Anakin raided it.

I mean the actual quote, not paraphrasing.

SunRazer
Zen has it atm. I don't.

cs_zoltan
I just skimmed through it. Cin is not even in it kek.

SunRazer
Zen, post the one you have, if you would.

MythLord
Looking through the Ep III Visual Dictionary, it says Shaak Ti in big bold letters and then follows a paragraph stating something about the greatest swordsman in the Temple.

Unfortunately, Cin was mentioned in an earlier page, yet not in that paragraph. mmm

Zenwolf
Cin is mentioned on the exact same page, in a small box, labeled as the swordmaster, crossing blades with Anakin.

On page 39.

Same page.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What I'm getting from this is that Drallig is very formidable.

MythLord
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Cin is mentioned on the exact same page, in a small box, labeled as the swordmaster, crossing blades with Anakin.

On page 39.

Same page.

Yeah, but the first quote is next to an image of Cin and Anakin dueling. Then in the other quote, you have Shaak standing right next to it. Mentioning a temple swordsman losing to Anakin twice in the same page is rather repetative, wouldn't you say? There's no reason to do it, and given how the other quote's closer to Shaak Ti(and Anakin's duel with Obi, but that isn't in the Temple so it doesn't count) than it is to Cin Drallig(who already has his description of a fight with Vader), then logically it should point to Ti, yes?

cs_zoltan
Yeah, I don't ****ing know what Cin has to do with a paragraph labeled with Shaak Ti and Stass Allie.

Zenwolf
Oh an interesting note I found regarding Battlemasters, is that they have scars from hundreds of combat kills.

Zenwolf
Yeah, but the first quote is next to an image of Cin and Anakin dueling. Then in the other quote, you have Shaak standing right next to it. Mentioning a temple swordsman losing to Anakin twice in the same page is rather repetative, wouldn't you say? There's no reason to do it, and given how the other quote's closer to Shaak Ti(and Anakin's duel with Obi, but that isn't in the Temple so it doesn't count) than it is to Cin Drallig(who already has his description of a fight with Vader), then logically it should point to Ti, yes?

Or it's just saying that Ti and the other are there at the Temple, seeing as it's noted those left are there to fend for themselves, which both of them were. Well until Stass retcon death. I don't think quote placement is a really viable indicators to anything, that seems stretching.

Deronn_solo
Shaak Ti is inferior to Cin as a duelist, holy shit. laughing out loud

MythLord
Or it's just saying that Ti and the other are there at the Temple, seeing as it's noted those left are there to fend for themselves, which both of them were. Well until Stass retcon death.

Right, and Shaak is among those whom fend for themselves, but then for some reason the Temple's Finest Swordsman line appears. Right there... under Shaak's name... It could be Stass Allie, but that's retconned... So unless the publishers are retarded and talked about Cin twice in that page, there is no reason to assume it's referring to Drallig, but more-than-likely it's referring to Shaak.

cs_zoltan
It's obviously Aayla, I mean she's in the book too.

Zenwolf
Right, and Shaak is among those whom fend for themselves, but then for some reason the Temple's Finest Swordsman line appears. Right there... under Shaak's name... It could be Stass Allie, but that's retconned... So unless the publishers are retarded and talked about Cin twice in that page, there is no reason to assume it's referring to Drallig, but more-than-likely it's referring to Shaak.

It's not like published works haven't done worse, so they mentioned it twice, big deal.

cs_zoltan
It's not like published works haven't done worse, so they mentioned it twice, big deal.

Except there's no reason to assume it's Cin besides him being a swordmaster and fighting Anakin.

I mean, wow, that really can't be anyone mmm

MythLord

It just really doesn't make any sense. You'd assume the team at Lucasarts wouldn't be as inept to mention something twice over, and mention it the second time next to a picture of a completely different character.

Selenial

On page 39.

Same page.

So being on the same page is more indication than it being under her name? confused

Not to mention by the time he attacks Cin, she's not even in the temple, so the quote isn't really applicable.

Zenwolf
How do you know that Sel?

So were really gonna go with this?

Maybe instead, we just contact the publishers or whoever to get clarification?

Kurk
Ti gets a strap-on and gets to work on Kylo

Trocity
Originally posted by Kurk
Kurk gets a strap-on and gets to work on Dooku

SunRazer
smile

Kurk
Originally posted by Trocity

Funny and original

Selenial
How do you know that Sel?

So were really gonna go with this?

Maybe instead, we just contact the publishers or whoever to get clarification?

Because she's stated to have ordered an evacuation while Cin refuses to leave his students behind. If she was still evacuating when he died she'd never have made it out of the temple alive.

Well the fact is Cin is stated as a sword master on one page, and on the next, under Shaak's name, is a quote about the Temple's finest swordsmaster.

Why are we taking an entry clearly assigned to Shaak Ti and giving it to Cin just because he's called a Swordmaster?

cs_zoltan
Cin fuggots have no proof, so it's about Ti uhuh

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Selenial
Because she's stated to have ordered an evacuation while Cin refuses to leave his students behind. If she was still evacuating when he died she'd never have made it out of the temple alive.

Well the fact is Cin is stated as a sword master on one page, and on the next, under Shaak's name, is a quote about the Temple's finest swordsmaster.

Why are we taking an entry clearly assigned to Shaak Ti and giving it to Cin just because he's called a Swordmaster?

Why wouldn't she have enough time? Vader would still be going through Jedi, regardless if Cin was around or not and the Temple is rather a big place.

He's on the same page as Ti, labeled as the Sword Master.

At any rate, I contacted the publisher who might clear things up. I haven't been really great with receiving responses however.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.