Grifter vs. Fantomex

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Area Vet
Both enter a foreign city and are given a GPS layout. They have 24 hours to kill one another with standard equipment.

Zack M
Pre-Flashpoint Grifter?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Zack M
Pre-Flashpoint Grifter?

It won't make a difference to you anyway.

Zack M
Just be more specific. Post image or pre- DCU?

Sin I AM
Misdirect makes fantomex kinda hax. He wins unless Grifter can counter

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Zack M
Just be more specific. Post image or pre- DCU?

Ther rules are currently unless otherwise specified.

Zack M
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Ther rules are currently unless otherwise specified.

Current is dead.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Misdirect makes fantomex kinda hax. He wins unless Grifter can counter
How effective is misdirect vs an AoE attack that leveled an entire forest?

DarkSaint85
Very.

Grifter will only THINK he fired an AoE attack. In reality, he was shot in the face.

That's how haxx he is.

Vanguard
I want Grifter to win. But Fantomex's misdirection is so effective he'll probably win. He even fooled Professor X with it, if I'm not mistaken.

leonidas
unless you're aware of it and prepped against it, you're completely screwed. it's not as infallible as it once was i don't think, but it's still nearly impossible to counter. misdirect followed by multiple bullets means grifter has no real chance here.

"Id"
Fantomex

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Vanguard
I want Grifter to win. But Fantomex's misdirection is so effective he'll probably win. He even fooled Professor X with it, if I'm not mistaken.

It has fooled Shadow King, Psylocke, Wolverine, Prof X, Jean Grey, Apocalypse's Celestial ship...yeah, Grifter would be no problem.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It has fooled Shadow King, Psylocke, Wolverine, Prof X, Jean Grey, Apocalypse's Celestial ship...yeah, Grifter would be no problem.

Is his misdirection a tp assault or localized reality warp?

Blue Area Vet

A TP illusion that is so powerful it may as well be a reality warp.

leonidas

it's really never been characterized as either. it seems to be a bit of both. jaime braddock had to actually use his reality manipulation powers to forcibly shatter a misdirection. and he only noticed it was a misdirect because of the way he can perceive reality. at times it has been alluded to as a tp power, but it was never intended to be such. at least not when it was first established. it has even worked extensively on SHIP, apocalypse's self aware celestial space craft. truly a crazy power.

Sin I AM
Nice. I wonder if it can be blocked? Like with mags helmet or something akin

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by leonidas
it's really never been characterized as either. it seems to be a bit of both. jaime braddock had to actually use his reality manipulation powers to forcibly shatter a misdirection. and he only noticed it was a misdirect because of the way he can perceive reality. at times it has been alluded to as a tp power, but it was never intended to be such. at least not when it was first established. it has even worked extensively on SHIP, apocalypse's self aware celestial space craft. truly a crazy power.

Wait a minute, didn't Starlord used to have SHIP?

DarkSaint85
Fantomex himself lies about it a lot. Sometimes he's even alluded to it being nanotech based.

I don't think its TP, personally, as his helmet is meant to be TP proof.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Fantomex himself lies about it a lot. Sometimes he's even alluded to it being nanotech based.

I don't think its TP, personally, as his helmet is meant to be TP proof.

That does not necessarily mean he lying.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
A TP illusion that is so powerful it may as well be a reality warp.

Let's try this again.

leonidas
Nice. I wonder if it can be blocked? Like with mags helmet or something akin

can't be blocked, but it has been countered with prep. dark beast did it. it's a manifestation of his 3 brains. when his brains were....separated into different fantomexs his misdirect became even MORE powerful. it was ridiculous. even KNOWING you were in it didn't matter--you couldn't perceive ACTUAL reality. it's not illusion--like i said, it'more more akin to reality manip, or was early on. on a funny note--he himself has been misdirected by an alternate fantomex. and his helmet is proof against tp, (at least the equal of mag's) minus that time betsy somehow overcame its blocking power....

Sin I AM
Bav change the op to h2h and u got a match. As is this is spite. Im sure we will see the frenchmen in the next tourney with that kinda power

DarkSaint85
Already used, sweet cheeks.

leonidas
i used him first but was robbed. sneer

Vanguard
Bav change the op to h2h and u got a match. As is this is spite. Im sure we will see the frenchmen in the next tourney with that kinda power

Grifter's had better training in hth combat. He'd work Fantomex.

DarkSaint85
Fantomex has three brains to multitask, he'd do alright.

leonidas
he's legit superhuman in h2h. speed reflexes and intelligence. he'd def do all right. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.