Thrawn Trilogy Luke Skywalker vs Galen Marek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
*Luke as of the Thrawn Trilogy*
*TFU Galen Marek*
-Standard morals and such apply
-Combatant start 12 feet away
-Battle takes place inside a empty wearhouse
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-Out

The Merchant
Vader said in shadows of the empire that Luke is the strongest Jedi he's faced up to that point so Luke.

cs_zoltan
Galen's not a jedi tho.

The Ellimist
I don't know what Luke's feats are in the Thrawn Trilogy. As this takes place only a year before DE, by which I think Luke is beyond peak Vader, Luke should win if we scale.

cs_zoltan
Didn't Sidious says DE Luke is not quite Vader level yet?

RHaggis
1. Galen
2. Luke
3. Probably Galen

NewGuy01
Luke might get Savage'd, actually.

EDIT: Actually, no. He deflected C'baoth lightning, didn't he. mmm

The Ellimist
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Didn't Sidious says DE Luke is not quite Vader level yet?

Did he?

NewGuy01
No, but some of the stuff he said can be taken that way. I.E "You could be far greater than Vader."

It doesn't matter anyway, though. Thrawn Luke's force feats don't even compare to what Luke does within the first few pages of DE.

The Ellimist
Yeah...that's kind of sketchy.

Is that just a lack of opportunity or does he actively display poor feats? Because it's only a year before DE, and five years after when he matches prime Vader in a duel.

Syndicate
Galen.
Luke.
Galen.

Syndicate
TTR Luke grows moderately from RotJ having destroyed ATST's with TK but he only truly begins to come into his own as a force user after Palpatine's training.

The Ellimist
Or he just doesn't unleash his power fully.

Deronn_solo
Luke couldn't move a lodged AT-ST from a wall, IIRC.

AncientPower
He's stated to be stronger than Vader in Shadows of Mindor.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by AncientPower
He's stated to be stronger than Vader in Shadows of Mindor.

mmm Really?

It seems like Luke doesn't let loose his powers unless if he's facing a proportional threat. In RotJ he has difficulties with mundane opponents like a rancor and some scout troopers, but then matches a Vader who has taken on armies (well, this is the in-universe explanation).

Deronn_solo
Yet, Luke conceded Vader was more powerful than he was during RotJ, in TCoPL.

Black Hole is hardly infallible, tbf.

The Ellimist
Well, Mindor is six months (?) later, which is quite a long time for Luke given how much he grew in ESB and to RotJ.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Ellimist
mmm Really?

It seems like Luke doesn't let loose his powers unless if he's facing a proportional threat. In RotJ he has difficulties with mundane opponents like a rancor and some scout troopers, but then matches a Vader who has taken on armies (well, this is the in-universe explanation).

Well the Rancor is a pretty fearsome beast and it's not like Luke had any real means of taking it out.

When did he have trouble with Scouts though? Only difficulty I remember is getting his bike locked, but that has more to do with driving than anything else.

Deronn_solo
Well, Luke by TCoPL was still wrecked by Geth, who is below stated to be below Vader by at least 2 different sources.

I just find it weird for Luke to supersede Vader that fast, given his feats are so inferior it's almost worth crying over.

AncientPower
He would never go back to what he had been mentally. Weak, foolish, idealistic. Anakin had been much like Luke Skywalker was now. Mere...potential. Yes, the Force was strong in Luke, perhaps stronger than it had been in Anakin. But the boy needed to embrace the dark side, to learn where the real power was, to achieve his true promise. If he did not, the Emperor would destroy Luke. Vader did not want that.
Source: Shadows of the Empire

A body more powerful in the Force than Vader, potentially more powerful even than Palpatine.
Source: Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor

Luke had indeed grown powerful since Bespin, and he was an equal match for his father.
Source: The Official Star Wars Fact File #111

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Well, Luke by TCoPL was still wrecked by Geth, who is below stated to be below Vader by at least 2 different sources.

I just find it weird for Luke to supersede Vader that fast, given his feats are so inferior it's almost worth crying over.

Yeah, I mean they need to put his character arc into the trilogy, but then EU writers have to figure out a way to still give him challenges.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well the Rancor is a pretty fearsome beast and it's not like Luke had any real means of taking it out.

I mean, from the EU Vader could've killed it in any way he wished.

I guess it's more just that he exerts effort and time when he really shouldn't.

Deronn_solo
I'm pretty sure this was referring to skill, KEK.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Ellimist

I mean, from the EU Vader could've killed it in any way he wished.

I guess it's more just that he exerts effort and time when he really shouldn't.

1. I guess, but then Luke as far as I'm aware, hasn't fought anything near as big in the EU. But a point I suppose.

2. Eh well Stormtroopers are peak human, so it'd make sense that he'd need to exert effort, plus he's also driving and trying to not crash into trees while going over 300 mph.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.