Exar Kun vs. Darth Revan (TP battle)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Begin!

Round 1: just pure telepathy
Round 2: telepathic sorcery is allowed

DarthAnt66
Revan.

Even if Kun is better at telepathy, which he probably isn't, he's not affecting Revan, who's willpower is the greatest in Star Wars.

Revan will repel everything Kun has to offer and eventually make Kun fall.

AncientPower
laughing out loud

Nothing Darth Revan did compares to Exar Kun hypnotising the senate and fogging the minds of all scanning techs on Cinnagar.

The Ellimist
Added two rounds

DarthAnt66
Revan telepathically dominating hundreds of the Jedi's finest, albeit with a nexus, is better than whatever Kun did on Cinnagar and failing to affect any Jedi on Coruscant.

The Ellimist
@Ant, I could see Revan Reborn having among the best willpower in the mythos, but Darth Revan? He broke free of Vitiate's hold...eventually.

DarthAnt66
Darth Revan resisted Malachor V, which no one else could do. He also made Nathema his ***** while the Jedi Exile nearly turned insane on it despite staying for a much shorter time. And then he operated the Star Forge, which only him and Malak could do (and while I know you don't find Malak's power impressive, his willpower is certainly immense). And breaking free from Vitiate directly after leaving Kaas is also impressive.

Syndicate
Stalemate. While I feel Exar Kun has better offensive examples of his TP Revan has superior defensive ones and I don't feel Kun would be able to break him with it given Vitiate and the Dread Lords weren't ( even taking into account Surik's aid ).

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Darth Revan resisted Malachor V, which no one else could do.

Weren't you arguing that Malak resisted it?

And are you forgetting the Exile, lol?

carthage
Stalemate

AncientPower
Why are people using Revan Reborn feats in a Darth Revan thread?

Syndicate
Well to be fair Darth Revan shouldn't be far off from RR in telepathic resistance though I didn't know it was Darth Revan.

AncientPower
You mean besides the fact that Revan Reborn > Redeemed Revan > Darth Revan?

The Merchant
Kun.

NTJack0
Originally posted by The Merchant
Kun.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SunRazer
Weren't you arguing that Malak resisted it?

And are you forgetting the Exile, lol?
Ah, yes, my homebody Malak. thumb up

Not the Exile though. thumb down

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Syndicate
Stalemate. While I feel Exar Kun has better offensive examples of his TP Revan has superior defensive ones and I don't feel Kun would be able to break him with it given Vitiate and the Dread Lords weren't ( even taking into account Surik's aid ).

I can understand this actually, still think Kun takes the tiniest edge tho

DarthAnt66
No. Revan's a comparable telepath and has vastly greater willpower.

SunRazer
How did the Exile not resist it?

DarthAnt66
Because she's a human-version of Malachor who feeds on the death and agony of others? erm It's not the same.

Fated Xtasy
Ehh going with Kun for now.

Nephthys
Darth Revan gets gimped by a second Dark Lord.

DarthAnt66
Revan's action-figure hype doesn't win him the day, Neph?

Nephthys
He'd need a Revanmobile to win here. Maybe a built-in karate chop.

SunRazer
Because she's a human-version of Malachor who feeds on the death and agony of others? erm It's not the same.

I'm talking about resisting the DS nexus like you love to boast about Malak doing, lol.

Nephthys
Revan was already a darksider when he went to Malachor. Being "drowned in the darkside" would effect him significantly less than it would a true Jedi.

Ant saying that Revan "made Nathema his *****" is also a blatant lie btw.

SunRazer
Yeah, there's no "making Nathema a *****", lol. And Surik wasn't "about to be mind-raped". As for Malachor - yeah, Revan and Malak had already begun their descent into the dark side, so the comparison with Kreia doesn't even count, lol.

Also, he broke free from Vitiate directly after leaving Kaas? I thought it was over time.

DarthAnt66
No, he wasn't. Revan's arrival at Malachor marked his first full-fleshed beginnings.

Revan went from building to building with Malak and even was there long enough to observe its effects and how it began so that he could base the thought bomb off it. erm

Surik was there for like an hour and nearly killed herself.

SunRazer
If Revan began his descent to the dark side on Malachor, then he was corrupted, lol. If he was already dark-sided, then it's not a resistance feat. Take your pick, lol.

DarthAnt66
And Surik wasn't "about to be mind-raped".
What? She was about to be driven insane. She literally sprinted off the planet.

DarthAnt66
If Revan began his descent to the dark side on Malachor, then he was corrupted, lol. If he was already dark-sided, then it's not a resistance feat. Take your pick, lol.
He fell to the dark side as he realized the teachings it offered provided him a means to defeating the Mandalorians. It wasn't like Kreia where the nexus of the planet literally mind-****ed her. The Chronicles explains this.

SunRazer
Uh, Chronicles says this:

Which is more or less how Kreia fell, lol - by getting intrigued by the Sith hermetica.

SunRazer
Revan's will allowing him to "feed on and not be consumed by the nexus" isn't relevant to the example here. Traya didn't fall to the nexus - she fell to the hermetica and Sith Sorcerers, which also affected Revan.

DarthAnt66
It is a period of turmoil in the Galaxy. The fierce Mandalorian warrior race begins the MANDALORIAN WAR by viciously and simultaneously attacking three quadrants of Republic space. As the battle rages on, Jedi Master REVAN moves surreptitiously between unknown sectors, scouting for potential strongholds to withstand the attacks. He soon discovers the shadowy Malachor V, a planet listed by Mandalorian scholars as "forbidden" to step foot on. The reason for this soon becomes clear as Revan is almost devoured by primal Sith forces on the world's surface. Revan's will allows him to feed on (and not be consumed by) the power of the dark side. Revan develops an evil but brilliant plan: Using the dark power of Malachor V, he will seduce an army of Jedi, completely loyal to him alone. He will then turn the planet's evil power against the Mandalorian army in battle, luring them to his stronghold and destroying them completely. A stronghold is immediately constructed.

The text directly states Revan was able to resist the energies of the planet, but still created an evil plan, presumably based on the teachings provided.

Actually, Kreia fell by being consumed by the dark-side as she entered the planet, as Chronicles directly states. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Revan's will allowing him to "feed on and not be consumed by the nexus" isn't relevant to the example here. Traya didn't fall to the nexus - she fell to the hermetica and Sith Sorcerers.
Nope. She fell by the nexus. The fact you can't comprehend direct statements is pretty laughable. thumb up

SunRazer
Nope. She fell by the nexus. The fact you can't comprehend direct statements is pretty laughable. thumb up

LMFAO. I spent two threads with you debating how KotOR CG retcons that. She didn't fall to any nexus - she fell to the hermetica and Sith Sorcerers, as the KotOR CG explicitly states.

DarthAnt66
Yeah, and you failed on both threads. Ready for a third?

Since there's no direct contradiction, the statement stands. thumb down

You just don't like the notion your favorite character is so weak. mmm

SunRazer
Traya's not my favorite character, though. And Revan is for you, so the bias argument is laughable.

I didn't fail on any thread. She clearly didn't get consumed by the nexus "as soon as she entered the planet":

http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11114/111140132/3812648-darth+trayaa.jpg

She was "intrigued" (still not consumed) by the hermetica and still didn't fall until the Sorcerers and the texts combined their power and made her "fall under their seductive spell", which is when she actually falls to the dark side. Nowhere does it mention her being wrecked by the nexus as soon as she arrives.

DarthAnt66
No direct contradiction. thumb down

Actually, it states "Darth Traya falls under its seductive spell," meaning she's already a Sith when that happens.

And then since Chronicles clarifies when she became "lost to the Jedi," everything works out.

Try again next time. thumb up

SunRazer
'Falling under its seductive spell" is when she falls to the dark side, lol. She becomes Traya in the moment.

By your naming logic, the fact that she's still Kreia after she lands on the planet means she didn't fall immediately. laughing out loud She did read some hermetica before "Darth Traya falls under its seductive spell", so at worst, that would've been the cause of her fall, then, not the nexus.

DarthAnt66
What, no? The text is worded so that Darth Traya is already Darth Traya when she falls to the dark side.

And no, because you can be referred to by your former name when as a Sith. Not the opposite though. erm

Whatever the case, your argument, no matter how many times you state it, won't hold up.

There's no direct contradiction, and unless there is one, we're not retconning a source. That's ridiclous.

So, stop arguing the point and concede. Or, if you don't want to, just agree to disagree.

But if you expect on changing anything, you need a source that shows a direct contradiction. thumb up

SunRazer
I didn't say we retconned the entire source - that's not how it works. But we retcon the Traya part. Also, Chronicles states that she was haunted by guilt, which would've lessened her willpower, so your comparison is pretty shitty either way.

And it's incredibly obvious that she didn't fall when she first started reading the hermetica, which is well after she first landed. So the whole "failed to shield her emotions" BS doesn't work with KotOR CG. She falls under a combination of Sith sorcery and interest in the dark side knowledge, not failing to shield her emotions from the nexus, which isn't even mentioned in KotOR CG. Considering that entire section is about how she becomes Darth Traya, you don't think it'd mention that if it was the way she fell?

And at the end of the day, Meetra did succeed in shielding her emotions from the nexus, so she did resist it.

DarthAnt66
What was the point of typing, like, another five sentences when I specifically said it would be pointless unless you bring forth a new argument.

But, shockingly, you don't, so move along. thumb up

SunRazer
So it is retconned? Good thumb up

And you haven't been able to counter Surik resisting the nexus - my whole point - so yeah, that's another concession.

DarthAnt66
No, it's not retconned. You failed once again to make even the slightest case.

And, like I said, Surik is a literal wound in the Force who feeds off death and is a living representation of Malachor.

The notion it affects her the same way is as laughable as your attempts to best me.

SunRazer
What was the point of typing, like, another five sentences when I specifically said it would be pointless unless you bring forth a new argument.

I brought up that the guilt renders your comparison flawed anyways, which I also did in another thread, and you failed to respond both times. If we're using Chronicles, then the comparison doesn't count since Kreia's willpower was compromised. If we're using KotORCG, then it's not the nexus, so your comparison's still flawed. Take your pick.

SunRazer
No, it's not retconned. You failed once again to make even the slightest case.

Please show me the slightest semblance of her failing to shield her emotions and being mindraped by the nexus as soon as she lands on Malachor in the Campaign Guide.

And she evidently didn't fall (to that extent) when she first read the hermetica, so yeah, it's a retcon.

What does her being a Wound have to do with resisting the nexus? Feeding off death means that she's immune to TP, now? She still had to "shield her emotions", like you claimed.

DarthAnt66
The fact Kreia has guilt shouldn't mean her willpower is entirely comprised. :lol;

And ****, it that's all it takes for Kreia to be so weak, then we might as well put her below Draagh now.

As if Revan didn't have guilt when, on Malachor, he decided he was going to commit mass genocide on both the Mandos and his own men.

It's a retarded argument.

SunRazer
The fact Kreia has guilt shouldn't mean her willpower is entirely comprised. :lol;

And ****, it that's all it takes for Kreia to be so weak, then we might as well put her below Draagh now.

I didn't say it was entirely compromised, but it obviously has an effect, so the comparison still doesn't work in the way you want it to.

Umm, he didn't. That's the point - he had fallen to the point where he had no remorse for killing all of them.

DarthAnt66
Please show me the slightest semblance of her failing to shield her emotions and being mindraped by the nexus as soon as she lands on Malachor in the Campaign Guide
Show me on the campaign guide of Revan where it mentions him going to Malachor, studying the teachings, and devising his plans for the rest of the war - an act that basically defined Revan's character until his death in SoR.

Ah, wait, the campaign guide doesn't tell the entire character's story. Right. thumb up

SunRazer
Your beloved Chronicles repeatedly mentions Revan and Malak falling, including being corrupted. It also mentions that he had already fallen to the dark side by the time of Malachor.

So they fell as a process of the war, not Malachor. Big deal. The comparison doesn't count, lol.

SunRazer
Show me on the campaign guide of Revan where it mentions him going to Malachor, studying the teachings, and devising his plans for the rest of the war - an act that basically defined Revan's character until his death in SoR.

Ah, wait, the campaign guide doesn't tell the entire character's story. Right. thumb up

Indeed it doesn't. It completely skips how Revan falls to the dark side. On the other hand:

I mean, that would be the most important part.

Also:

So he had already fallen to the dark side prior to the Battle of Malachor V. Concession accepted thumb up

DarthAnt66
Oh my. This is hilarious.

Your new central argument is that due to the fact the text fails to mention it, it therefore must not have happened, completely ignoring the fact that the text completely ignores Revan's entire fall to the dark side on Malachor V. You ignore this fact by arguing that at least in the Darth Traya article, it makes some mention to her fall, but that point is moot because, like with Revan, it's clear it's not telling the whole story, so there can easily be pieces missing (that Chronicles clarifies).

Moving forward, you seem to believe that the fact Revan fell to the dark-side prior to the end of the Mandalorian Wars somehow wins your case, despite the fact that this is well known and specifically stated by me on both my Darth Revan overview thread and my summary of his story found on ComicVine's profile of him. So, I'm not sure how that remotely helps your point, but I find it hilarious you think it does. Revan fell to the dark-side during early-to-mid Mandalorian Wars.

And finally about Kreia, sure, she was haunted by guilt, and maybe that did impact her, but the notion she's going from resisting it to being dominated is completely extreme. And then about the Jedi Exile, I speculate her wound qualities allowed her to resist the nexus and effects of the planet in an unnatural way - similar to how she resisted Darth Nihilus' corruptive presence. This is supported by the fact the Revan novel fails to mention the corruptive nexus when Surik remembers her time on there.

SunRazer
Oh my. This is hilarious.

Your new central argument is that due to the fact the text fails to mention it, it therefore must not have happened, completely ignoring the fact that the text completely ignores Revan's entire fall to the dark side on Malachor V. You ignore this fact by arguing that at least in the Darth Traya article, it makes some mention to her fall, but that point is moot because, like with Revan, it's clear it's not telling the whole story, so there can easily be pieces missing (that Chronicles clarifies).

No, it's not that "there's some mention to her fall" - the entire section is clearly her backstory regarding how she fell. They'd include every little piece - even if not, they'd include the most important piece - her actually falling. That she falls through hermetica and sorcery rather than the nexus is clearly the point of the Campaign Guide's piece on her. But if you want it to be Chronicles' retconned way, then we can just agree to disagree.

Lopsided comparison then, isn't it? Well, in Revan's case, it does mention him not being consumed by the nexus, so you're safe there - just don't bring up Malak's example, then.

Not saying she resisted it, only that the comparison becomes even less fair. I don't think anyone would doubt Revan's superior willpower to Kreia, so that's conceded. The comparison between Malak and Kreia on Malachor V, however, is a different story.

The Exile's party also shielded their emotions just fine. So are you proposing that their willpower transcends Kreia's? The guilt probably does play quite a big part, now that I think about it - she was trying to make amends for Revan and distancing herself from the Jedi, and she was "haunted" by the guilt, so it'd make it a hell of a lot easier for her to fall to the dark side.

Considering Karpyshyn's ignorance of various facets of KotOR II, do you have a stronger basis for this? I mean, he didn't once mention Surik's prowess at forming Force Bonds, so I guess that doesn't exist either, huh? Kreia mentions using Malachor to test the Exile and see if she could "silence its beating heart" or something, so it's likely that she did have to confront the nexus.

Nihilus' corruptive presence worked on no one but non-Force sensitive minions who spent a protracted amount of time near him. Visas and Mandalore were also fine against him - the fight was obviously too short to actually cause any drastic effects on them.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by The Ellimist
@Ant, I could see Revan Reborn having among the best willpower in the mythos, but Darth Revan? He broke free of Vitiate's hold...eventually. The Vitiate who mentally dominated 8,000 sith lords? I'd say its pretty impressive.

DarthAnt66
As I already stated, the fact it doesn't mention it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. However, I just noticed something.

Even if we pretend that the nexus didn't dominate her, and rather, the Sith hermetica that was presented to her did, my argument still holds up. Revan personally established the Sith Assassins, and can be attributed to their corruption into the monsters we see in KotOR II. They were slaves to his will, tasked to hunt down Jedi and take them to Malachor V for corruption. The hermetic presented to Kreia is definitely something Revan has seen before. In fact, it's likely that Revan used the hermetica as a way to corrupt Sith Assassins to his cause - a cause of complete obedience to him.

"Led by a woman named Kreia, the rogue Jedi turned to the dark side teachings uncovered by Malak and Revan."
-- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

This quote states that Kreia's dark side teachings were already those found by Revan and Malak. Therefore, Revan seeing the Sith hermetica is indisputable. Unlike Kreia, who fell under its spell despite not wanting to, Revan and Malak were able to completely resist it. So, even according to KotOR CG, Revan and Malak's willpower is vastly greater than that of Kreia's.

And then about the Exile, I recall her having specific links to all her companions. It's just not the same, especially considering how she is growing in power as she slaughtered all the Sith present in the Trayus Academy - power that could strengthen the resolves and will of her companions. Marr was already corrupted by him, so I don't see your point regarding him. And then I believe Mandalore also had a link with the Exile, so it's not the same again.

SunRazer
Now that's something worth conceding to.

For the Exile, the bonds would've helped, but they did have to confront the nexus regardless.

AncientPower
Again with the retarded 'she feeds off death... er... that means she's constantly amped!'

SunRazer
Well, in fairness, Revan and Malak had already fallen to the dark side when they uncovered the teachings on Malachor, and Ant's beloved Chronicles confirms that Revan fell further. They didn't fall under the "wanting to destroy the Force" spell, though.

AncientPower
Revan telepathically dominating hundreds of the Jedi's finest, albeit with a nexus, is better than whatever Kun did on Cinnagar and failing to affect any Jedi on Coruscant.

Lmfao. He used the nexus specifically to corrupt the Jedi, by raising its power from orbit. What utter lies. It is an excellent feat of manipulating Force energy but that doesn't change the fact he did nothing like what you just claimed.

Ziggystardust
Exar; mind rape half a billion planetary technicians, wins.

SunRazer
Not sure how reliable Chronicles of the Old Republic is, tbh. I mean, it has Katarr being a Sith Assassin murder spree under Nihilus:

AncientPower
There are many more discrepancies than that.

SunRazer
I know. That's probably the most gaping one, though.

Nephthys
Is that the one talking about Atris and Brianna fight Nihilus? I remember reading it in Waterstones once and it was ridiculously inaccurate.

SunRazer
No. It's an online source and only goes up to the backstory to KotOR II. That said, there's a couple of sources claiming that the history of Nihilus was inaccurate and that some sources indicated Brianna slew him or something - but that's just an in-universe fallacy, IIRC. The NJO historians also dismissed Aleema Keto's Cron cluster feat.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
Lmfao. He used the nexus specifically to corrupt the Jedi, by raising its power from orbit. What utter lies. It is an excellent feat of manipulating Force energy but that doesn't change the fact he did nothing like what you just claimed.
I've once maintained your stance, but looking at it logically, I find:

a.) Revan using a nexus to corrupt Jedi.

far more likely than

b.) Revan literally moving a nexus into space.

I've never heard something as insane as the latter being performed in SW.

I admit though that either interpretation is supported by the quotes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.