Yard, garage, rummage sales

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Are the terms regional (like soda, pop), or do they actually mean different things?
I've heard it both ways.

walshy
There's car boot sales here

Surtur
I would think it means different things depending on how a neighborhood is set up. For instance where I live people don't have driveways for their homes, we have garages in the back of our yards, and we have alleys. So here a yard sale will be something that someone holds in their front yard, while a garage sale means you basically have to go into the alley and find the garage and then you can look around. So around here the wording is key, but I suppose in the suburbs and stuff it's different since not all of them have alleys behind their homes.

Every May this neighborhood does an annual garage sale for a weekend where basically everyone that wants to do so has a garage sale. People always end up parking their f*cking cars in front of my garage though in the alley because I don't sell shit so they just figure meh just park wherever so they can go walk up and down the alleys.

Nuke Nixon
Antiques Roadshow

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
I would think it means different things depending on how a neighborhood is set up. For instance where I live people don't have driveways for their homes, we have garages in the back of our yards, and we have alleys. So here a yard sale will be something that someone holds in their front yard, while a garage sale means you basically have to go into the alley and find the garage and then you can look around. So around here the wording is key, but I suppose in the suburbs and stuff it's different since not all of them have alleys behind their homes.

Every May this neighborhood does an annual garage sale for a weekend where basically everyone that wants to do so has a garage sale. People always end up parking their f*cking cars in front of my garage though in the alley because I don't sell shit so they just figure meh just park wherever so they can go walk up and down the alleys.
That was really interesting!

Also you made me LOL there at the end...stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.