Desann vs The Exile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
*Amped version of Desann from the Yavin Temples*
*KotOR II Surik*

-Standard Gear
- In-Character/morals on
- Combatants start 10 feet away
-Fight takes place in the New Orleans Superdome

1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-Out

Fated Xtasy
Nawwww leansssaa.

Anyway. Desann wrecks her in Force Powers

Emperordmb
Weren't you going to make a Desann respect thread?

FreshestSlice
The Exile sweeps. Lel. The idea that he takes Force is retarded within itself.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

Desann beat Luke, tho.

FreshestSlice
Oh, shit I forgot how hard it is to TK someone. I mean who cares if Luke didn't even get injured?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Weren't you going to make a Desann respect thread?

I was also going to respond to half a dozen Threads lol.

>says Desann beating her in force is retarded

>Supports Meetra even tho she aint got TK feats.

Quit pulling a Legend and come back to reality

Zenwolf
Psst Fated, I tagged ya in a new blog I made.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Psst Fated, I tagged ya in a new blog I made.
Oooh. Heading there now

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

>says Desann beating her in force is retarded

Because it is.

Because TK is the only application of the Force and Desann has defeated anyone noteworthy with it? And no, what happened to Luke is not a defeat.

What is this even supposed to mean? The fact that I'm even supporting Meetra here speaks volumes on just how terrible Desann is, not how much I support her, not that LeGenD supports her anyway.

Nephthys
Kotor II Exile is above Kyle and she should win here.

AncientPower
>can telekinetically wrestle for control over Traya's lightsabers.
>'no tk feats'

NewGuy01
Right.

Desann.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
>can telekinetically wrestle for control over Traya's lightsabers.'
???

AncientPower
Nah, Traya amped by a geyser of dark side energy, after a legion of elite Sith led by Sion to tarpit a hindered Surik, is a lot worse than Desann.

AncientPower
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
???

The Prima Guide statws she can effectively Force wave Traya's sabers and rwnder Traya's 'vast telekinetic powers' moot, albeit temporarily.

Not all that important though, we know Traya wasn't powerful enough to dominate Surik in the Force and thus lost the duel.

The Ellimist
Desann > JA Luke > DE Luke > Wankatine > Vitiate > Revan > Nyriss > Meetra smile

Fated Xtasy
@Slice

I meant the part were he tked a giant structure with a gesture.

I don't using tking luke like that tbh

SunRazer
What powers on Desann's behalf let him win based on that? Traya couldn't beat Surik on a colossal geyser of DS energies and Surik presumably grew after killing Traya.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Desann > JA Luke > DE Luke > Wankatine > Vitiate > Revan > Nyriss > Meetra smile Whoa, Desann > DE Luke? I was once accussed of heresey for even inquiring into that suggestion on comicvine. I thought the consensus was that Luke was messing around and that he could have crushed Desann like a grape any time he wanted. confused

MythLord
He trolling, Ken, he's trolling.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by SunRazer
What powers on Desann's behalf let him win based on that? Traya couldn't beat Surik on a colossal geyser of DS energies and Surik presumably grew after killing Traya.

Simple really.

If he was able to to TK that structure with a mere, effortless gesture on the Artis Station, TK Luke on the Doomgiver all without a Nexus.
Then why are we assuming Desann amped by Yavin wouldn't be able to do so much more?

Let's consider the fact that Yavin, by this stage, has allowed Dorsk 81 and several Jedi to pool their powers together to blast a fleet into Oblivion, with the Temples acting as power beacons.

Based on the evidence shown in different sources, Desanns power would be at an all time high, given his already impressive strength prior to this, its pretty safe to assume that Desann is extremely powerful by the end game.

The Exile has never showcased the same destructive power in any sources. Her ability to wrestle Kreia for control over her sabers is impressive, to be sure. But it appear to be attributed more to technical refinement rather than pure power. Lets also consider the fact that perhaps this is possible for the Exile because Kreia is near Death in this fight.

Meetra is impressive, but Desann is simply a stronger force user and a better duelist.

AncientPower
It was thirty Jedi, not several.

SunRazer
I keep hearing about this structure - but I've yet to hear details. How big is it, approximately?

Also, TK'ing Luke? It was a pretty meaningless TK and seemed like something he did so he could escape.

Regarding the Exile's lack of demonstrable destructive power, that's mostly because most of her fights occur with relative uncertainty in relation to what she does in them. That said, the Prima Guide claims that "there is no substitute for raw destructive power" in the Trayus Academy.

As for Kreia being near-death - it's balanced out by the fact that it's on a colossal geyser of DS energies, which would amp her considerably and weaken Surik just as considerably. KotOR CG even claims that in that moment, Kreia called upon "vast telekinetic powers", so if we're taking the Exile's ability to disrupt Traya's control over the sabers with telekinesis, then that's incredibly impressive since the Exile was weakened considerably. And the Exile grows in power upon killing Kreia (presumably).

Trocity
I keep hearing about this structure - but I've yet to hear details. How big is it, approximately?

I think he's talking about this:

https://youtu.be/kM9D2QfFBrI?t=380

SunRazer
That's... good, but Traya's well above that, lol. Given that Kreia couldn't dominate the Exile on a "colossal geyser of dark side energies" before the latter presumably grows in power again, I'm not seeing Desann wrecking anything in the slightest.

FreshestSlice
@Slice

I meant the part were he tked a giant structure with a gesture.

I don't using tking luke like that tbh
That's even less impressive. erm

Fated Xtasy

Videos been shown. Any more questions about it?

Really? Sheev threw those senate pods at Yoda so he could escape = meaningless too?

Dooku choked out Ventress to escape = meaningless too?

Maul tked a ship to escape = meaningless?

Thats a dumb af thought.

Could i please get the entire quote? Or a scan would be better. I am well aware of the quote, i simply lack context.

Is there a quote saying she was weakened considerably? I am just curious if this an actual thing before i continue to attack this point.

Or gets nerfed tbh.

Oh so it's disrupt? Could be she simply tked Kreia and the old woman lost her focus interesting.

Still, Desann>Exile

Deronn_solo
Nova stanning over Traya and Exile again. laughing out loud

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Nova stanning over Traya and Exile again. laughing out loud

Yo thoughts my fellow minority? yes

Deronn_solo
Not sure, I made this thread to get others opinion for that specific reason.

FreshestSlice
Fated pretending being almost 30% of the population is worth mentioning.

AncientPower
Traversing it's surface had been agony. Mentally, she had still sensed the anguish of all who had lost their lives there. Physically, the intense gravity of the world had held her in its crushing grip, leaving her gasping for breath. It had been the most awful and horrific experience of her life.
- Star Wars the Old Republic: Revan

These were the conditions Meetra faced whilst fighting through packs of storm beasts(essentially Rancors, but faster), and a legion of amplified elite Sith assassins. Then she faced Darth Sion and Darth Traya.

FreshestSlice
Why are you pulling every quote you have on your hard drive for a very obvious thread?

AncientPower
Xtasy asked for quotes, did you even read the thread?

SunRazer
Videos been shown. Any more questions about it?

Yeah. Why do you imagine that to be beyond Traya or a reason for dominating Surik?

Sheev didn't bail from Yoda ala Desann, lol.

Which fight is this?

Umm... what? Maul dragging a ship to obstruct someone's movement isn't the same as TK'in somebody in the midst of a fight so you can bail on them.

Here:

AP listed some quotes below.

Drew's stupidity - but we're only using the Exile in the context of the game here. So no.

No, it mentions using telekinesis on the lightsabers, not Kreia.

Based on? You haven't accounted for skill and I'm not seeing him dominating anything with power here.

FreshestSlice
Xtasy asked for quotes, did you even read the thread?
Well first off, yes, although I shouldn't have. Second, so?

No one actually wants quotes for anything when they say they want quotes, given the thousands of respect threads out there. Stop encouraging the lazy.

Selenial
given the thousands of respect threads out there. Stop encouraging the lazy.

Tbfh thumb up

Especially since (correct me if I'm wrong, the formatting's just the same) AP grabs them from my blog for ease of access. People need to stop asking anyone to cite sources for The Exile's feats and just look at my blog on them, and Nova's Respect Thread.

AncientPower
I have them saved on my google docs, but many of them are indeed from your and Nova's threads.

SunRazer
Sel/AP - Do you have conclusive quotes about Meetra resisting Malachor V's corruption? I know she obviously did, but I'm surprised that there's not many sources that directly state it.

Selenial
Sel/AP - Do you have conclusive quotes about Meetra resisting Malachor V's corruption? I know she obviously did, but I'm surprised that there's not many sources that directly state it.

Interestingly... no.

I guess it's not that shocking, since very few sources recount her journeys on Malachor in the past tense, so not finding one that peers into that specific detail shouldn't be too surprising. The closest we get would be during the Revan Novel, I guess.

SunRazer
Fair enough.

By the way, Sion tells the Exile to go up to the planet's surface and let it claim her life, which of course suggests that protracted presence on Malachor's surface is deadly. Not that we didn't know that before, but still.

FreshestSlice
Didn't Vrook say every Jedi except the Exile fell to the Dark Side after Malachor V?

Selenial
Yeh, but I think Nova was asking about the second time.

FreshestSlice
Because for some reason it'd matter more after becoming "Enlightened?"

Selenial
No, but the argument could be made that cutting herself off from the force was the only thing that saved her the first time.

Hard to fall to the Dark Side when you can't feel the force.

FreshestSlice
The Exile obviously isn't evil in Revan. It's just a silly question to ask.

Fated Xtasy
It was thirty Jedi, not several.

Fine, "many" in any case the fact that there's*thirty Jedi assisting Dorsk only adds to my point that this was possible because of their powers and the massassi temple.

@Sunrazer. I can't reply in length. My uncles part of the family wants yo celebrate my baby sis' Bday.

SunRazer
Alright, lol.

Jmanghan
Oh, shit I forgot how hard it is to TK someone. I mean who cares if Luke didn't even get injured? Its pretty hard, actually, unless the person is off-guard.

Like Kanan and Ezra TK'ing Maul, or Savage ragdolling Ventress and Dooku.

Luke isn't off-guard when Desann TK's him, and it knocks him down long enough for Desann to pull the rocks down on top of him.

Regardless, Luke implies that neither of them are a match for Desann on their own.

BazookaMaster
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Its pretty hard, actually, unless the person is off-guard.

Like Kanan and Ezra TK'ing Maul, or Savage ragdolling Ventress and Dooku.

Luke isn't off-guard when Desann TK's him, and it knocks him down long enough for Desann to pull the rocks down on top of him.

Regardless, Luke implies that neither of them are a match for Desann on their own.

An hero please. evil face

LOL, no, nothing wrong with you or yours post, I just had to after this troll-butthurt thread of yours :P No worries pal

Jmanghan
Originally posted by BazookaMaster
An hero please. evil face

LOL, no, nothing wrong with you or yours post, I just had to after this troll-butthurt thread of yours :P No worries pal

I wasn't butthurt, dumbass.

I was offended for a completely good reason.

If anybody wants to continue that debate, I'm fine with it. You can't justify yourself after doing that.

Now, I think you might be a bit on the younger side, so I'll let this slide.

Fated Xtasy
Yeah. Why do you imagine that to be beyond Traya or a reason for dominating Surik?
Because she has showcased no such thing?

She Telekinetically wrecked the Council by taking them by surprises, and later(in restored and cut content) she owns all of them via Choke, Crush, Whirlwind and..(?)

In any case, this is impressive. But while the Council is impressive, they don't necessarily have the best track record.

The Council have done what, exactly? To cement their defeat at the hands of Kreia as something comparable to destroying an entire structure with a casual gesture?

The Enclave feat is something they achieved through working together, even then we know nothing of how long it took for them to repair it. Kreia ability to multitask between choking someone, tking someone else and mind****ing another person is impressive to be sure, but she has hardly displayed the raw strength to achieve what Desann has erm

If anything, she'd use TK on the support structures rather than go for the damn thing head on.

Touche.

Several, the battle on Vjun Castle with the Nightsisters, the battle after he fought her and Savage, her being wrecked in OCW

Who cares? The point is the fact that he did that while running away is Impressive, nobody points out that he was fleeing! It's just impressive.

Nobody points out Dooku was being beaten back by the Nightsisters when he used Lightning and TK in conjunction, it's simply impressive that he did it. Nobody points out that Vader used TK to beat Roan Shryne 6 months after ROTS, it's simply impressive that he was able to kill him. Nobody points out that Kas'im wasn't bested through Saber combat by Bane, but rather by TK(IK everyone points this out, I am trying to make a point)

I could go on, the focus is never shifted on context on these boards, the spotlight merely stays on the badassery of the feat, nothing more. Why is it suddenly different with Desann? I'm not saying you do this, but it is a reoccurring issue of little importance.

What the point is, is that Luke Skywalker has rarely, if ever, at this point, been taken by surprise by - and thrown with - a blast of TK. Strength in the Force is synonymous with Force Barrier, the fact that Desann was able to break through the defenses of the Strongest Jedi the galaxy has ever known, even in the middle of battle, is impressive, not Palpatine tier, but at least powerful enough to contend with some of the best.

I'm sure plenty of people can achieve what Desann did to the structure. Revan, an amped Bane, Amulet Kun, Vader, Windu, Dooku, Yoda, Sheev, Valkorion. But I assure you all that each person you mention will be strong, indeed.

And, while many would be capable of achieving that feat through different means, only a handful of Force Users could affect Luke in that same way, to a greater, or a lesser extent

That's interesting, hmm. I thought there was more tbh lol.

Just a bit of humor, friend.

So she can TK sabers? Knock em out into a the vast emptiness of Malachor or into a wall? :mmm: If i remember correctly there should be a quote about the Lightsaber being given a will of their own.

Via power scaling he is above Tavion, who despite being below the likes of the Shadow Troopers(Who are regarded as "Technical Masterpieces"-Jedi Outcast guide) and Reborn Boss(who have the following wank "The toughest of all Reborn, these guys are excruciatingly fast, and cunning with a lightsaber"-Jedi Outcast guide) is still a "Force to be reckoned with" as an Apprentice. Yet Desann rules over the Reborn and Shadow Troopers, despite the Reborn having had their powers quadrupled by the Valley(Citation: Jedi Vs Sith) and their focus on Lightsaber combat over the Force(Citation: Threats of the Galaxy) Desann is still their Master, and Superior, one would assume that like with Revan/Malak/The Triumvirate}, he is their superior in all areas.

:mmm: I need to get on that RT

Jmanghan

She Telekinetically wrecked the Council by taking them by surprises, and later(in restored and cut content) she owns all of them via Choke, Crush, Whirlwind and..(?)

In any case, this is impressive. But while the Council is impressive, they don't necessarily have the best track record.

The Council have done what, exactly? To cement their defeat at the hands of Kreia as something comparable to destroying an entire structure with a casual gesture?

The Enclave feat is something they achieved through working together, even then we know nothing of how long it took for them to repair it. Kreia ability to multitask between choking someone, tking someone else and mind****ing another person is impressive to be sure, but she has hardly displayed the raw strength to achieve what Desann has erm

If anything, she'd use TK on the support structures rather than go for the damn thing head on.

Touche.

Several, the battle on Vjun Castle with the Nightsisters, the battle after he fought her and Savage, her being wrecked in OCW

Who cares? The point is the fact that he did that while running away is Impressive, nobody points out that he was fleeing! It's just impressive.

Nobody points out Dooku was being beaten back by the Nightsisters when he used Lightning and TK in conjunction, it's simply impressive that he did it. Nobody points out that Vader used TK to beat Roan Shryne 6 months after ROTS, it's simply impressive that he was able to kill him. Nobody points out that Kas'im wasn't bested through Saber combat by Bane, but rather by TK(IK everyone points this out, I am trying to make a point)

I could go on, the focus is never shifted on context on these boards, the spotlight merely stays on the badassery of the feat, nothing more. Why is it suddenly different with Desann? I'm not saying you do this, but it is a reoccurring issue of little importance.

What the point is, is that Luke Skywalker has rarely, if ever, at this point, been taken by surprise by - and thrown with - a blast of TK. Strength in the Force is synonymous with Force Barrier, the fact that Desann was able to break through the defenses of the Strongest Jedi the galaxy has ever known, even in the middle of battle, is impressive, not Palpatine tier, but at least powerful enough to contend with some of the best.

I'm sure plenty of people can achieve what Desann did to the structure. Revan, an amped Bane, Amulet Kun, Vader, Windu, Dooku, Yoda, Sheev, Valkorion. But I assure you all that each person you mention will be strong, indeed.

And, while many would be capable of achieving that feat through different means, only a handful of Force Users could affect Luke in that same way, to a greater, or a lesser extent

That's interesting, hmm. I thought there was more tbh lol.

Just a bit of humor, friend.

So she can TK sabers? Knock em out into a the vast emptiness of Malachor or into a wall? :mmm: If i remember correctly there should be a quote about the Lightsaber being given a will of their own.

Via power scaling he is above Tavion, who despite being below the likes of the Shadow Troopers(Who are regarded as "Technical Masterpieces"-Jedi Outcast guide) and Reborn Boss(who have the following wank "The toughest of all Reborn, these guys are excruciatingly fast, and cunning with a lightsaber"-Jedi Outcast guide) is still a "Force to be reckoned with" as an Apprentice. Yet Desann rules over the Reborn and Shadow Troopers, despite the Reborn having had their powers quadrupled by the Valley(Citation: Jedi Vs Sith) and their focus on Lightsaber combat over the Force(Citation: Threats of the Galaxy) Desann is still their Master, and Superior, one would assume that like with Revan/Malak/The Triumvirate}, he is their superior in all areas.

:mmm: I need to get on that RT

Damn, Fated. Not to be rude, but I never expected you to put up a wall of text argument, good on ya.

You probably have, and my memory is just bad. xD

SunRazer

The Enclave feat wouldn't have taken long because the scavengers don't notice anything. That they stand still in one spot is pretty much entirely game mechanics - under reasonable logic you'd think they walked around, looked around, etc. - one of them even has a clear line of sight to the Enclave and one of its previously damaged parts, he literally just has to turn around. It doesn't make sense for the Enclave feat being done in more than a couple of minutes.

Other feats? How about using internal telekinesis to instantly kill seven of the strongest Sith of her time? How about effortlessly Choking and Crushing Sion, an "ultra-powerful monster of the dark side" who's nearly killed a mid-game Surik with Crush/Drain and the aid of two Sith Lords?

Anyway, even if Desann was as powerful as Traya was on a "colossal geyser" of dark side energies, he still wouldn't be dominating Surik, whom Traya couldn't dominate on said geyser. Now, imagine a more powerful Surik, off-nexus. Desann wrecking her with Force powers? I'm not seeing it.

Which doesn't exclude her from being able to knock down that pillar. It's not that overwhelming, lol.

You mean dominating her with the Force? That's not even remotely comparable here.

Actually, people do make the points. Try to use relevant examples when you make your own point, lol.

It's not as if the feats of KotOR II characters or Ancient Sith Lords or whatever aren't slagged with the circumstances argument. I mean, even I've done that before, so I'm not exactly "shifting the spotlight" or anything.

Not really. Luke is notorious for jobbing. I mean, surely you don't think Lumiya or Viun Gaalan are Vader tier because they can contend with him in LotF/FotJ? It's not the Force, but it's similar.

Then Meetra can resist Desann's attacks.

I doubt Luke's the strongest Jedi at this point. And even if I did accept that it was legitimate TK, Desann was amped by the Valley of the Jedi when he did that feat, was he not?

Sorry, but that structure's not that big. It's not that hard to do it.

Yes, they have their own will, and Surik can knock them down/temporarily stun them (ie. halt Traya's telekinetic influence over them).

Yeah... I'm not seeing anything here that puts him above Sion, lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.