An Average Imperial Red Guard vs An Average Magnaguard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Who takes this?

Zenwolf
Magnaguard, Red Guards are good, but 3 Magnaguards were noted as doing well against 5 Red Guards. Before that, there were 8 Red Guards and 5 Magnaguards, with the Guards only managing to take down 1 Magnaguard(the other apparently just died I guess), while they were able to take out 3 Red Guards.

Trocity
Weren't those some of Grievous' elite magnaguards though? If I'm thinking of the same thing.

Kurk
My versus book says Royal Guard. Fear of Sidious's punishment must be motivating compared to droid programming.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Trocity
Weren't those some of Grievous' elite magnaguards though? If I'm thinking of the same thing.

Were they? I mean I guess. /Shrug

Still the Guards had the number advantage, although only by 3, they only managed to take out 1 of the 5 Magnguards compared to them losing 3 of the 8 they had themselves.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Kurk
My versus book says Royal Guard. Fear of Sidious's punishment must be motivating compared to droid programming.

Wrong Guard Kurk.

Royal Guard =/= Red Guard

Much bigger difference.

Kurk
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Wrong Guard Kurk.

Royal Guard =/= Red Guard

Much bigger difference.
The red guards that appear in the movies are not the same thing?
These guys?
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/dc/EmperorsRoyalGuardCSWE.jpg

I'm aware they dress up in different outfits and crap to do assassinations and what not but please rid me of my ignorance otherwise.

Zenwolf
These guys?
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/dc/EmperorsRoyalGuardCSWE.jpg

I'm aware they dress up in different outfits and crap to do assassinations and what not but please rid me of my ignorance otherwise.

Those are Royal Guards in ROTJ.

But ROTS they are just Red Guards.

It's kinda confusing because they look similar, but they are different.

Red Guards= Top Senate Commandos who are former top Senate Guards who are former top CorSec police officers(best in the galaxy).

Royal Guard= Top Imperial Stormtroopers(SpecForce or regular) who have much better combat experience and training compared to Senate Guards and CorSec Officers, are Force Sensitive(latent) and go through much, much harder training than the Red Guards.

Jmanghan
These guys?

No, when I made the thread, I meant the Emperor's Royal Guard, but there is more then one Royal Guard in the EU, so I added IMPERIAL to distinguish it from the Red Guard.

Zenwolf
Wha J? Could have just noted it's one of Palpatine's Royal Guard.

Ok if that's the case, then I switch over to the Royal Guard.

Kurk
Originally posted by Jmanghan
No, when I made the thread, I meant the Emperor's Royal Guard, but there is more then one Royal Guard in the EU, so I added IMPERIAL to distinguish it from the Red Guard. so glorified senate commandos?

Zenwolf
so glorified senate commandos?

Eh I'd say the Red Guards are above Senate Commandos given feats. Their showings in LoE mark that. Though the SC's are pretty sweet too.

Jmanghan
There's a quote out there that says the Royal Guard is almost a match for Vader, but its not meant to be taken literally.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Jmanghan
There's a quote out there that says the Royal Guard is almost a match for Vader, but its not meant to be taken literally.

Not sure what this is responding to, but of course not literally. Though it does put them up there as very highly trained warriors regardless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.