Captain America runs the Slugfest gauntlet...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Captain America runs the following Slugfest gauntlet (which is identical to a Slap-off, but with punching instead) with all matches lasting until one side is either KO'ed or dies...

Each contestant must stand completely still and tank a punch to the face (no hitting in the throat allowed) with nothing more than natural durability; bracing is allowed, but shielding, gadgets, intangibility, and any other form of damage negation is prohibited...

Captain America is allowed no rest or recovery time inbetween opponents; as soon as one round ends, the next begins immediately...

Captain America's opponents get the 1st punch in in every fight and it alternates from there (opponent, Cap, opponent, Cap, ect, ect)...

Now that the ground rules are set, how far does Captain America get?

1) Kingpin (Netflix)...
2) Spock (Into Darkness)...
3) Khan (Into Darkness)...
4) Marv (Sin City)...
5) Spiderman (Civil War)...

TheVaultDweller
Honestly, I'd say 4 or 5. In an all out fight, I'd give it to Cap over Marv, because he displays greater agility, speed and fighting skill, plus greater versatility in terms of technique. So he could potentially put Marv to sleep, like he did WS. But in a punch for punch scenario, Cap might have a really hard time KOing him. But on the flip side, Marv has zero striking feats to suggest he can knock out someone with Cap's blunt force trauma feats.

He is definitely not beating Spidey in a pure punch out though. He got the better of him due to skill and XP, during Civil War. But we see that Spidey can casually overpower Bucky's metal arm, which we in turn see overpower Steve, when he smashes him through the elevator doors.

Kingpin is a nonfactor, angry Spock couldn't even KO Kirk with multiple blows, and Khan had trouble with Spock in return.

Inhuman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Honestly, I'd say 4 or 5. In an all out fight, I'd give it to Cap over Marv, because he displays greater agility, speed and fighting skill, plus greater versatility in terms of technique. So he could potentially put Marv to sleep, like he did WS. But in a punch for punch scenario, Cap might have a really hard time KOing him. But on the flip side, Marv has zero striking feats to suggest he can knock out someone with Cap's blunt force trauma feats.

He is definitely not beating Spidey in a pure punch out though. He got the better of him due to skill and XP, during Civil War. But we see that Spidey can casually overpower Bucky's metal arm, which we in turn see overpower Steve, when he smashes him through the elevator doors.

Kingpin is a nonfactor, angry Spock couldn't even KO Kirk with multiple blows, and Khan had trouble with Spock in return.

Pretty much this

Utrigita

thumb up

BruceSkywalker

^^^^ thread is now over...

hopefully it won't go 50 million pages

TheLordofMurder

Excellent post... thumb up

I will say though that Khan displayed amazing durability during Into Darkness...

His feats of durability there were arguably better than Marv's; Khan did withstand a ship crash from Space and was still in fighting condition afterwards...

He may be beyond Caps ability to KO in this senario as well...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
^^^^ thread is now over...

hopefully it won't go 50 million pages

Well there is a chance that this ends in an endless stalemate at 3 (with both opponents being incapable of KO'ing the other)...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.