Where to rank Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthDuelist9
Where do you guys think Maul (Rebels) would be ranked compared to other canon characters (Mace Windu, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku,...)?

|King Joker|
Dooku level, if not above.

Darth Thor
Kanan level, if not below.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Kanan level, if not below.

Lol, you dislike Maul that much?

chingchangwalla
Vader level if you love him.
Dooku level if you respect him.
Fisto level if you think meh he's good
Kanan level if you're a ****ing moron

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Vader level if you love him.
Dooku level if you respect him.
Fisto level if you think meh he's good
Kanan level if you're a ****ing moron

Personally I place him at Dooku level but that's still impressive seeing how he wasted roughly 27 years of his life and lost half his potential.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Lol, you dislike Maul that much?

No but Filoni clearly does.

chingchangwalla
Personally I place him at Dooku level but that's still impressive seeing how he wasted roughly 27 years of his life and lost half his potential.
I agree. In pure Saber skill though, Dooku is still greater than Maul but agility, strength etc. make him virtually equal

DarthDuelist9
No but Filoni clearly does.

Sure but FPJ already explained that Kanan only defeated Maul because "the Force took over" .

Beniboybling
Dooku level, but no higher.

chingchangwalla
Sure but FPJ already explained that Kanan only defeated Maul because "the Force took over" .

Tell that to the Kanan and Ashoka wankers and they'll flip their shit but yes.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Tell that to the Kanan and Ashoka wankers and they'll flip their shit but yes.

To be honest Maul is already better by accolades and feats so... stick out tongue

Darth Thor

Yes but why didn't Filoni explain that? Or why didn't they make it more clear in the episode? FPJ is just an actor.

DarthDuelist9
Yes but why didn't Filoni explain that? Or why didn't they make it more clear in the episode? FPJ is just an actor.

To my knowledge Filoni was never directly asked that kind of question and FPJ would have more information about that scene since it involved his character.

Darth Thor
To my knowledge Filoni was never directly asked that kind of question and FPJ would have more information about that scene since it involved his character.

FPJ sounded like he was just giving his opinion tbh.

Beniboybling
I believe there is a scene in the S3 trailer where Maul and Kanan fight, so I guess we'll find out.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I believe there is a scene in the S3 trailer where Maul and Kanan fight, so I guess we'll find out.

Kanan is possessed at that point.

DarthDuelist9
How could you seriously believe Kanan can defeat Maul if the lattet outperformed the entire Jedi team on his own against the inquisitors.

Darth Thor
Perhaps Because the latter failed to defeat either of the Jedi.

Beniboybling
Kanan is possessed at that point. True but even so.

But yeah Maul is identified as the strongest of the group.

DarthDuelist9
Perhaps Because the latter failed to defeat either of the Jedi.

Vader didn't defeat Ahsoka, he had to abuse his power so now Kanan > Maul = Vader. That the Jedi group couldn't press any advantage over the inquisitors while Maul was throwing them around like nothing.

Darth Thor
Maul already stated his inferiority to Vader. FPJ also confirmed that stating how Filoni is very protective of Vader.

DarthDuelist9
Maul already stated his inferiority to Vader. FPJ also confirmed that stating how Filoni is very protective of Vader.

Neglecting most of my comment... Anyway Maul admitted inferiority to keep the Jedi team there, if he really needer them to defeat Vader then he wouldn't have tried to kill them. Filoni's protective of Vader but that hardly means anything, that he's actual reluctant to show a Vader vs Maul because he can't put Vader in a bad daylight is actually a good feat for Maul.

Darth Thor
No Maul was being truthful when he said he can't defeat Vader.

FPJ confirmed that. Filoni (and Disney) are very protective of Vader's Power and Presence. They would never have Vader defeated by Kanan, Oneness or not.

And Vader was beating Ahsoka.

DarthDuelist9
No Maul was being truthful when he said he can't defeat Vader.

FPJ confirmed that. Filoni (and Disney) are very protective of Vader's Power and Presence. They would never have Vader defeated by Kanan, Oneness or not.

And Vader was beating Ahsoka.

Maul needed the Jedi team to defeat Vader (and so suppossedly admitting inferiority) yet he tries to kill the Jedi before facing Vader....Yeah Maul really is that dumb.

Darth Thor
Maul needed the Jedi team to defeat Vader (and so suppossedly admitting inferiority) yet he tries to kill the Jedi before facing Vader....Yeah Maul really is that dumb.

There probably a reason he's got his eye on Ezra. Train him and then take on Vader together.

Maul might have been lying about teaming up with the Jedi, but he wasn't lying about his inferiority to Vader. FPJ confirmed that.

Zenwolf
There probably a reason he's got his eye on Ezra. Train him and then take on Vader together.

Maul might have been lying about teaming up with the Jedi, but he wasn't lying about his inferiority to Vader. FPJ confirmed that.

"EZRA IS MIIIIINE!"

DarthDuelist9

Maul was completely aware that Vader was present on Malachor and FPJ has perhaps extra information about Kanan but his opinion over Vader is well an opinion.

Darth Thor
Maul was completely aware that Vader was present on Malachor and FPJ has perhaps extra information about Kanan but his opinion over Vader is well an opinion.

The extra information FPJ has on Rebels isn't limited to Kanan.

In fact when he talked about Kanan besting Maul that sounded more like an opinion. But when it came to Maul and Vader the fact that he specifically mentioned Filoni's feelings about it implied more factual information.

That line was put in there on purpose. It's preparing Maul fans for the future. He's obviously above Kanan and Ezra, but will ultimately be no match for Vader.

DarthDuelist9
The extra information FPJ has on Rebels isn't limited to Kanan.

In fact when he talked about Kanan besting Maul that sounded more like an opinion. But when it came to Maul and Vader the fact that he specifically mentioned Filoni's feelings about it implied more factual information.

That line was put in there on purpose. It's preparing Maul fans for the future. He's obviously above Kanan and Ezra, but will ultimately be no match for Vader.

Again neglecting a part of my comment. FPJ's opinion om his own character, someone he has to comoletely understand and has some input in the development of this character, is less objective then his opinion over Vader, a character where he has barely interacted with....of course. That Filoni is protective over Vader, Disney's money machine, is only logical but doesn't imply that Vader is solidly ahead of Maul.

Darth Thor
Again neglecting a part of my comment. FPJ's opinion om his own character, someone he has to comoletely understand and has some input in the development of this character, is less objective then his opinion over Vader, a character where he has barely interacted with....of course. That Filoni is protective over Vader, Disney's money machine, is only logical but doesn't imply that Vader is solidly ahead of Maul.

Not sure what I've neglected this time.

FPJ playing Kanan doesn't automatically make anything he says about him Canon. Sure he has insight into the character from the creators, but it's naive to think that's the Only insight he has from his conversations with the Rebels creators.

And fact is with the Kanan beating Maul thing he made it clear that's just "how he" sees it. With Vader being above Maul though he basically said it as fact citing his source.

And It's not just that they're protective over Vader. They had Maul outright admit it. Maul could have said to the Jedi "I can not defeat the Sith alone," or "I can not defeat the Empire alone.." But he specifically said "I can not defeat Vader alone," and it was a reasoning that made sense to the Jedi for why Maul might want/need to team up with them.

Little did they know that he didn't really need them because his plan was to use the WMD on the Sith Temple against Vader, Palpatine and the Empire. Plus of course there was his long term plan to train Ezra as his apprentice.

They were just warning you dude. That when the Vader/ Maul fight finally comes, don't expect Maul to win, because he won't. It's upto you if you want to believe it or not, just don't be all shocked when that happens.

quanchi112
No but Filoni clearly does. You clearly weren't paying attention to the episode.

Rockydonovang
Ahsoka level though a bit lower as of rebels per feloni

YousufKhan1212
Maul sucks.

He got his ass kicked by TPM Kenobi, was forced to flee from TCW Kenobi despite having help from his brother, got kicked by a dog, got kicked by Ezra, got stomped by a blind Kanan, got three shotted by old Ben Kenobi.

carthage
Probably TCW Ahsoka level at his absolute peak

YousufKhan1212
Originally posted by carthage
Probably TCW Ahsoka level at his absolute peak

Nope. He got trapped by Ahsoka in her own Novel.

TCW Ahsoka > Any Maul.

nfactor1995
Below people like Vader and Count Dooku, above the B-team and people like Qui-Gon, right around TCW Obi-Wan level.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Dooku level, if not above. ew

thesithmaster
Ben Kenobi level.

Darth Thor
Rebels/Prime Ashoka level. DD/Prime Vos level. ROTS Kenobi level.

Probably not quite as powerful as Count Dooku, but should be a good match for him in combat as well, once taking all stylistic factors into account- see Vos/Savage/S4Anakin vs Dooku for comparative reasons.

Rockydonovang
He should be relatively close to Vader and Kenobi as off Rebels per his performance vs Ahsoka. Not quite on par, but in their range.

Rockydonovang
Rebels/Prime Ashoka level. DD/Prime Vos level. ROTS Kenobi level.

Ahsoka would be closer to Ben Kenobi than ROTS Kenobi, no?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Ahsoka would be closer to Ben Kenobi than ROTS Kenobi, no?

I wouldn't think so. I think ROTS Kenobi was a near equal to Dooku. Dooku just always had his number in their fights making the difference between them seem much larger than it is.

Kind of like how the difference between Rebels Ben and Maul seemed a lot larger than it was from their fight. Ben just clearly had Maul's number in that fight. Not surprising as he was teaching Ashoka decades earlier how best to handle Maul.

nfactor1995
Sub-Dooku, above the likes of Jinn, Fisto, Savage etc. Kenobi is probably his closest match/equal.

YousufKhan1212
SoD Maul is equal to ROTS Kenobi.

Tempests dad
I rank this:
- Episode 3 Obiwan
- SOD Maul
- Rebels Obiwan
- TPM Maul, TCW Obiwan, TCW Maul

Darth Thor
Pretty much confirmed now that hes Ahsoka level.

YousufKhan1212
Pretty much confirmed now that hes Ahsoka level.

Interesting. Source?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Interesting. Source?

Was referring to their upcoming fight in TCW final season which Filoni states will be an epic duel or some shit like that.

Plus they basically stalemated when they fought in Rebels.

carthage
Low tier

Bentley
I don't even see how Maul can be debated as being on either Vader's or Dooku's level. Most of the time I've gotten the impression that he's about a peer of Obi Wan when he's not in the zone.

-Pr-
Was referring to their upcoming fight in TCW final season which Filoni states will be an epic duel or some shit like that.

REBELS being inconsistent as **** doesn't help either.

YousufKhan1212

Sounds like Filoni is wanking Ahsoka and is just hyping their fight. Rebels Ahsoka is rough equal to Rebels Maul who is weaker than his younger iterations due to being older and out of practise. A weaker iteration of Ahsoka can't be on par with a stronger iteration of Maul, but to be fair Matt Martin says fights are dictated by the script, not necessarily their combat prowess.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Sounds like Filoni is wanking Ahsoka and is just hyping their fight. Rebels Ahsoka is rough equal to Rebels Maul who is weaker than his younger iterations due to being older and out of practise. A weaker iteration of Ahsoka can't be on par with a stronger iteration of Maul, but to be fair Matt Martin says fights are dictated by the script, not necessarily their combat prowess.

Filoni doesnt give a shit about consistency though. He just plays favourites.

But yeah also remember Mauls line to Ahsoka in Rebels - Running again Lady Tano - so yeah Maul should win this one, but I dont trust Filoni one bit where any of his favourites are involved.

Zenwolf

Lighter332

Darth Thor
^ So to you Lucas stuff is non canon.

If only the Legends EU stuff is canon to you, then stick to that. No ones taking it away from you.

CaveDude33211
lol

Lighter332
^ So to you Lucas stuff is non canon.

If only the Legends EU stuff is canon to you, then stick to that. No ones taking it away from you.

Revenge Of The Sith isn't Lucas stuff?

Could've sworn that was created and produced by George Lucas.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lighter332
Revenge Of The Sith isn't Lucas stuff?

Could've sworn that was created and produced by George Lucas.

TCW was Lucas show.

Point is its the ROTS Novelisation that you seem to be taking as canon above the film itself. Which is cool and makes more sense within the old EU canon.

And I get Lucas always worked closely with the authors of the movie novelisations, so thats a bit of a grey area in terms of Lucas canon. But in the end Lucas canon was the 6 Episodic films and TCW series. Thats from his own mouth. And TCW retcons quite a bit of stuff in the ROTS novelisation.

That said, the ROTS Novel is epic though. If we combine the novelisations with the films for each episodic adventure then ROTS is by far the best Episode Imo.

Superdad76
if darth maul was in the first ones he would have given vader a challenge

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Superdad76
if darth maul was in the first ones he would have given vader a challenge
Is this before or after he's fighting evenly with tcw ahsoka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.