Best Sith Lightsaber Duelists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
Coupled with the force, who are the best Sith/Dark Jedi Lightsaber duelists ever?
IMO:
1. Palpatine
2. Exar Kun/Count Dooku
3. Exar Kun/Count Dooku
4. Darth Vader/Krayt
5. Darth Vader/Krayt
6. Darth Caedus
7. Ulic Qel-Droma
8. Darth Malgus/Darth Maul
9. General Grievous (Battle of Hypori)
10. Once again, Hype Lords Ragnos, Hord, Sadow, Nadd are probably on here but I don't know much.

chingchangwalla
Looking at this list now, it's ****ing cancer actually. :/

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Looking at this list now, it's ****ing cancer actually. :/

Saved us the trouble thumb up

ILS
Coupled with the force, who are the best Sith/Dark Jedi Lightsaber duelists ever?
IMO:
9. General Grievous

AncientPower
Ew, anyway:

1.Sidious.
2.Knightfall Vader.
3.Plagueis.
4.Caedus.
5.Exar Kun.
6.Krayt.
7.Vader.
8.Droma.
9.Dooku.
10.Maul.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by ILS

Lmao. I've Finished tripping now

BazookaMaster
Overall effectiveness as duelist... impossible to separate "raw skill" etc

1. Palpatine
2. Caedus
3. Plagueis
4. Krayt
5. Vader, Darth Malgus
6. Exar Kun, Count Dooku
7. Darth Maul
8. Wrath II
9. Lumia
10. Karness Muur ?

Deronn_solo
1. Palpatine
2. Darth Plagueis/Darth Caedus
3. Darth Caedus/Darth Plagueis
4.Darth Vader/Darth Krayt
5. Darth Krayt/Darth Vader
6. Exar Kun
7. Count Dooku/Darth Maul
8. Darth Maul/Count Dooku
9. Tulak Hord
10. Emperor's Wrath II

I purposely omited Tenebrous, 'cause he's ass.

DarthDuelist9
Why does everyone rate Kun and Krayt so high?

Trocity
Cuz they're pritty gud.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by AncientPower
Ew, anyway:

1.Sidious.
2.Knightfall Vader.
3.Plagueis.
4.Caedus.
5.Exar Kun.
6.Krayt.
7.Vader.
8.Droma.
9.Dooku.
10.Maul. That list is disgusting.

Rebel95
Sidious
Plagueis
Vader
Caedus
Kun
Krayt
Dooku
Maul
Malgus

Jmanghan
Why have dueling standards for Dooku dropped? He should be second behind Sidious.

Kurk
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Why have dueling standards for Dooku dropped? He should be second behind Sidious.
uh no

carthage
lmao @ Ulic being better than Dooku and Maul in lightsaber skill

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by carthage
lmao @ Ulic being better than Dooku and Maul in lightsaber skill

It's not that outrageous...

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kurk
uh no

Uh, yes.

Dooku is in the Top 5 duelists of the EU in general, up there with Mace and such.

AncientPower
Dooku got pasted by a serious Anakin and barely held his own against Yoda despite a Vjun amp. I'm a massive Sir Christopher Lee fanatic, he's probably the best thing about the prequel trilogy. Still doesn't mean Dooku is anywhere near top 5, nor Windu for that matter.

relentless1
Sidious
Dooku
Vader

Beniboybling
http://i.imgur.com/A2KzVVj.png

smile thumb up

Darth Thor
Y'all ranking Vader too low.

Beniboybling
Vader is canonically #1, yeah.

SunRazer
Just like he canonically beats Yoda, Kit canonically beats Maul and Han canonically beats Boba.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by SunRazer
Just like he canonically beats Yoda, Kit canonically beats Maul and Han canonically beats Boba.

Even though Pablo Hidalgo wrote that, it's from a Pre-Disney Canon book.

SunRazer
I know. I'm saying it's all trash, lol.

Darth Thor
^ True Vader's probably only no.2 smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by SunRazer
Just like he canonically beats Yoda, Kit canonically beats Maul and Han canonically beats Boba. Legends trash, this is a Canon truefax book. yes

Ziggystardust
1) insider isn't even part of the legends continuity.

So it looks like vader is no.1 in Disney.

NTJack0
Originally posted by Beniboybling

smile thumb up That list is utter trash.

Kurk

smile thumb up
cancer

ares834
Legends trash, this is a Canon truefax book. yes

thumb up

People simply don't like facts when they contradict their incorrect beliefs.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ True Vader's probably only no.2 smile Ridiculous. He's slow as ****.

SunRazer
Originally posted by ares834
thumb up

People simply don't like facts when they contradict their incorrect beliefs.

Well, I'm fine with Vader > Dooku. But Dooku matching Yoda in Force powers works fine for me as well smile

And he did beat Ventress, who canonically forced Mace to use all of his skills to beat her.

Syndicate
While Dooku eventually would have been overwhelmed by Yoda in a Force battle I think it's fair to say that Yoda decided he could more quickly decide the fight by turning it into a lightsaber duel indicating a greater parity in Force power between Yoda and the Count then in other areas.

chingchangwalla
That top 5 list LMAO

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Syndicate
While Dooku eventually would have been overwhelmed by Yoda in a Force battle I think it's fair to say that Yoda decided he could more quickly decide the fight by turning it into a lightsaber duel indicating a greater parity in Force power between Yoda and the Count then in other areas.

Shouldn't be really.

Given how easily Palpatine force chokes Dooku, Yoda should also be able to TK him pretty easily.

chingchangwalla
Dooku didn't have his force wall up when he got choked out. He wasn't exactly ready for it

Petrus
1. Sidious
2. Plagueis
3. Vader/Exar Kun
4. Vader/Exar Kun
5. Krayt/Caedus
6. Krayt/Caedus
7. Dooku/Maul
8. Dooku/Maul

chingchangwalla
Plagueis isn't ahead of Kun and Krayt

Petrus
He's TPM Sidious' equal/superior. So yeah, he is.

chingchangwalla
In power...

chingchangwalla
Krayt's advantage in sabers is greater than Plagueis' advantage in force abilities. Plagueis is my favourite character by a mile, so it's a lot for me to admit this sad

Petrus
In power...

Quote?

chingchangwalla
I think it was just implied. When someone surpasses another, it nearly always means in power. :/ So you reckon TPM Sidious > Peak Krayt?

chingchangwalla
They were probably equal in combative abilities but idk tbh

Petrus
Sidious was scared enough of facing Plagueis in combat that he resorted to other means in order to get rid of him permanently, and the Plagueis novel helps place him right there with TPM Sidious in terms of pretty much everything, maybe even slightly above. I don't think Peak Krayt would beat Sidious, but I do think it'd be a hell of a fight.

chingchangwalla
:/ Really? PEAK Krayt isn't beating TPM Sidious?! Awell each to their own

Ziggystardust
Dooku didn't have his force wall up when he got choked out. He wasn't exactly ready for it

Do you know what Chingchangwalla. Sometimes I wonder if you're the most intelligent poster on this board. Upon closer inspection of your time here, that might be the case. Part of it is your rawness, you haven't been indoctrinated by the hive-mind nor it's erroneous ways of thinking, so don't let people beat you to a pulp for the heinous crime of having your own ideas. Yes, there is no reason why Dooku would have been defending himself against a Telekinetic attack, especially at that point. So whether it's the kind of thing that could happen mid-fight or not, is fairly inconclusive. It stands to reason that Yoda would have subdued him with Telekinesis if he could have... but he didn't.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Do you know what Chingchangwalla. Sometimes I wonder if you're the most intelligent poster on this board. Upon closer inspection of your time here, that might be the case. Part of it is your rawness, you haven't been indoctrinated by the hive-mind nor it's erroneous ways of thinking, so don't let people beat you to a pulp for the heinous crime of having your own ideas. Yes, there is no reason why Dooku would have been defending himself against a Telekinetic attack, especially at that point. So whether it's the kind of thing that could happen mid-fight or not, is fairly inconclusive. It stands to reason that Yoda would have subdued him with Telekinesis if he could have... but he didn't.
Happy Dance big grin

Darth Thor

Yeah but he couldn't resist it either, and seemed pretty helpless against it.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah but he couldn't resist it either, and seemed pretty helpless against it.

It's a very simple fact that any expression of Force - whether it be defying gravity with telekinesis or safeguarding another's attack - requires a degree of concentration. It is also true that the more concentrated one is when using the Force, the more power he or she is able to draw from. If Dooku isn't expecting a fight, and is forcibly choked against his will, then it probably stands to reason that his focus will be hindered. Which isn't surprising when the right to breath oxygen... becomes just another privilege. Nothing too strenuous on that thinking muscle I hope. Just a reasonable suggestion to why Sidious could catch his apprentice of-gaurd, while Yoda could not.

Darth Thor
^ Possibly. Kanan did temporarily freeze Inquisitor in Rebels once when hitting him from behind.

So it must be far easier to do that when the gap between opponents is as large as the one between Dooku and Sidious.

NewGuy01
Ziggy's right. Besides, as a general rule, preventing a telekinetic assault is much easier than breaking free from one.

Darth Thor
Yeah possibly like GI couldn't break out of Kanan's hold, or Dooku and Ventress out of Opress's hold.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.