George Carlin - Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be manners

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Interesting insights on the PC language.

hkhUivqzWv0

Parmaniac
Carlin was ahead his time

Time-Immemorial
So why can't the liberal pc correct handle a bit of common sense?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Carlin was ahead his time And now he's dead. Thanks Obama.

socool8520
^ Or cancer. lol

riv6672
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
And now he's dead. Thanks Obama.
He would have liked that. thumb up

Surtur
Originally posted by socool8520
^ Or cancer. lol

Imagine if they found cancer in him and said: oh but Mr. Carlin you're also going bald so we're going to ignore your cancer to try to first focus on and cure your baldness.

It would of been insanity, right? It would of legit been batshit f*cking insane to focus on a minor problem over the major one, right? Like that would be only something a crazy person would do, correct?

riv6672
-rubs bald head-

...i dunno...

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
-rubs bald head-

...i dunno...

Yeah but you can't die from a bald head dawg. You seem to post a lot in the "last time you had sex" topic. Imagine now..if you was dead you'd have zero posts in there. Would you rather have a full head of hair or a lot of posts in a topic like that?!

Hoes love bald heads. Plus shampoo is for b*tches amirite? Shampoo sounds like the name of a god damn f*ckin killer whale or something.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Surtur
Shampoo sounds like the name of a god damn f*ckin killer whale or something. laughing

socool8520
Hoes love bald heads. Plus shampoo is for b*tches amirite? Shampoo sounds like the name of a god damn f*ckin killer whale or something.

Only the Herbal Essences one is feminine. Head and Shoulders is manly as phuck

riv6672
Yeah but you can't die from a bald head dawg. You seem to post a lot in the "last time you had sex" topic. Imagine now..if you was dead you'd have zero posts in there. Would you rather have a full head of hair or a lot of posts in a topic like that?!

Why are you trying to talk all ghetto?
Trying to "relate" to me by speaking "my language", or did you catch an old episode of Soul Train...dawg? eek!

socool8520
^ Wow, that escalated quickly

Time-Immemorial
Trying to "relate" to me by speaking "my language", or did you catch an old episode of Soul Train...dawg? eek!

Shut up you idiot, get out of my forum.

riv6672
^ Wow, that escalated quickly
laughing

Sin I AM
Only the Herbal Essences one is feminine. Head and Shoulders is manly as phuck

Ha! I actually loled

socool8520
I'm glad you liked it. Lol

Flyattractor
Carlin explaining what that substance in a Chicken Egg is some of his best shit.

AsbestosFlaygon
RIP Carlin. Best stand-up comic ever.

Flyattractor
Dang....Now I fill the urge to re-read his book again...Oh well It has been a good few years since I did last.

Surtur

I've referred to various people here as dawg, has nothing to do with race. It ain't *your* language dawg.

riv6672
It sure as shit aint yours! laughing laughing laughing

Surtur
Nope it's mine, I patented the language a long time ago secretly.

riv6672
Dawg!!! laughing laughing laughing

Time-Immemorial

I think he was referring you to being a bad slack jawed pussy?

Surtur
On a more serious note PC is just an excuse to b*tch about something. Special snowflakes who failed to get the "sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me" memo.

Scribble
On a more serious note PC is just an excuse to b*tch about something. As much as overly-PC culture annoys me, people who go on and on about PC culture just being 'whining' come across as really... well... whiny.

Surtur
Originally posted by Scribble
As much as overly-PC culture annoys me, people who go on and on about PC culture just being 'whining' come across as really... well... whiny.

A response like yours is the go to response though it seems lol. It's what someone says when there isn't really anything else to say other then the PC culture is silly.

It's what we do when we scrape the bottom of the barrel.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
As much as overly-PC culture annoys me, people who go on and on about PC culture just being 'whining' come across as really... well... whiny.

I like your avatar/sig.

Surtur
Like I said before it looks like animal from Mupphet Babies raped a retarded person and that was the result.

Friggin Mupphet Babies, you remember that shit? I still have two VHS tapes of the cartoon.

Scribble
A response like yours is the go to response though it seems lol. It's what someone says when there isn't really anything else to say other then the PC culture is silly.

It's what we do when we scrape the bottom of the barrel. Well, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that anti-PC culture is just as annoying as PC culture. When there aren't people being overly-PC, there are people complaining about those people. The people who just want to get on with their lives can't escape from it. It's exceedingly dull. Plus, in my personal experience, anti-PC people seem to go on about it all more frequently than the ones they dislike so much. I have this friend at uni who complains about tumblr people being weird and PC so much that it's more or less all he talks about. And yet I have no tumblrites in my face telling me what to do or annoying me. Even he doesn't, he doesn't even go on tumblr, he's just complaining because he read something online that annoyed him. It's the most boring ****ing thing in the world.

Besides, what's the difference between an overly-PC person and an anti-PC person? The overly-PC one is complaining in an attempt to make people be nicer to each other, regardless of how misguided they may or may not be (although to be fair, it seems these days that to some people even just being friendly to a woman can be seen as a symptom of PC culture), and the other is just complaining about something that personally annoys them.

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I like your avatar/sig. Thank you very much majors

Surtur
Well, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that anti-PC culture is just as annoying as PC culture. When there aren't people being overly-PC, there are people complaining about those people. The people who just want to get on with their lives can't escape from it. It's exceedingly dull. Plus, in my personal experience, anti-PC people seem to go on about it all more frequently than the ones they dislike so much. I have this friend at uni who complains about tumblr people being weird and PC so much that it's more or less all he talks about. And yet I have no tumblrites in my face telling me what to do or annoying me. Even he doesn't, he doesn't even go on tumblr, he's just complaining because he read something online that annoyed him. It's the most boring ****ing thing in the world.

Besides, what's the difference between an overly-PC person and an anti-PC person? The overly-PC one is complaining in an attempt to make people be nicer to each other, regardless of how misguided they may or may not be (although to be fair, it seems these days that to some people even just being friendly to a woman can be seen as a symptom of PC culture), and the other is just complaining about something that personally annoys them.

Ah yes, but your personal experience aside, it's the PC crowd that tends to roar the loudest in this country. Just like in my experience the "the other side is annoying too" argument is one I hear a lot when there is nothing left to say.

We can put personal experiences aside and just focus on the PC culture at large.

Scribble
Ah yes, but your personal experience aside, it's the PC crowd that tends to roar the loudest in this country. Just like in my experience the "the other side is annoying too" argument is one I hear a lot when there is nothing left to say.

We can put personal experiences aside and just focus on the PC culture at large. Well, it's not as bad here in the UK. Essentially, my view on PC culture is that it comes from a very good place, and that I agree with most of what it is trying to achieve (equality, kindness among people, an end to bigotry), but it sometimes goes in the wrong direction, and often in my eyes actually harms the cause it is championing by taking credibility away from the morals that it holds at its heart.

Of course, 'PC culture' is not a subculture or a group of people, it is coming from many different places, so it's difficult to define in real-life terms. But the people who seem most vehemently against it are usually those who have the most to lose from it, i.e. people who have always just said whatever bone-headed comment comes to their head without regard for whomever it might hurt or offend. Nobody likes being told what to do, but there's a difference between militant PC-ists and people who genuinely want to make the world a safer and more caring place, and there's a difference between "Dude, you're being a total dick" and "Only say the words I want you to say!!"

Opponents of PC culture use it as an excuse to basically say that they should be allowed to be a total piece of shit without impunity, and this position is being fuelled by the minority of people who support a more PC world that make a mockery of the whole thing by putting a borderline fascistic tone to it all.

Note to self: I need to watch the latest season of South Park and see what their take on it all is.

socool8520
Well, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that anti-PC culture is just as annoying as PC culture. When there aren't people being overly-PC, there are people complaining about those people. The people who just want to get on with their lives can't escape from it. It's exceedingly dull. Plus, in my personal experience, anti-PC people seem to go on about it all more frequently than the ones they dislike so much. I have this friend at uni who complains about tumblr people being weird and PC so much that it's more or less all he talks about. And yet I have no tumblrites in my face telling me what to do or annoying me. Even he doesn't, he doesn't even go on tumblr, he's just complaining because he read something online that annoyed him. It's the most boring ****ing thing in the world.

Well, to be fair, I don't see 5 million stories about a food chain or something of the like sued for not being anti-PC. lol

Surtur
Well, it's not as bad here in the UK. Essentially, my view on PC culture is that it comes from a very good place, and that I agree with most of what it is trying to achieve (equality, kindness among people, an end to bigotry), but it sometimes goes in the wrong direction, and often in my eyes actually harms the cause it is championing by taking credibility away from the morals that it holds at its heart.

Of course, 'PC culture' is not a subculture or a group of people, it is coming from many different places, so it's difficult to define in real-life terms. But the people who seem most vehemently against it are usually those who have the most to lose from it, i.e. people who have always just said whatever bone-headed comment comes to their head without regard for whomever it might hurt or offend. Nobody likes being told what to do, but there's a difference between militant PC-ists and people who genuinely want to make the world a safer and more caring place, and there's a difference between "Dude, you're being a total dick" and "Only say the words I want you to say!!"

Opponents of PC culture use it as an excuse to basically say that they should be allowed to be a total piece of shit without impunity, and this position is being fuelled by the minority of people who support a more PC world that make a mockery of the whole thing by putting a borderline fascistic tone to it all.

Note to self: I need to watch the latest season of South Park and see what their take on it all is.

It is true that some indeed do pursue the PC route just so they can have an excuse to be a dick, but it cuts deeper still. Some use it to just try to shield themselves from any point of view they might not like.

Some use it to just spread flat out lies(rape culture, whatever).

It can be used for good or for bad.

Scribble
It is true that some indeed do pursue the PC route just so they can have an excuse to be a dick, but it cuts deeper still. Some use it to just try to shield themselves from any point of view they might not like.

Some use it to just spread flat out lies(rape culture, whatever).

It can be used for good or for bad. I think we need to look deeper into the issues before dismissing anything, and most importantly, try to see it from other people's perspectives. Clearly the idea of 'rape culture' has not arisen out of nowhere, so where has it come from? I've seen a number of instances of rapists being let off easy or not punished at all, so personally I can see why someone vulnerable to rape would be worried by that.

And yes, it is used as an excuse to not debate actual issues, with phrases such as "I can't even believe you'd think that!" among other things being used to quash issues. I've come up against this myself, even just whilst trying to see things from other people's perspectives. E.g., I said that I can understand why a lot of Catholic churches would be averse to allowing gay marriage in their institutions, and I was met with calls of "I've lost respect for you even just by you saying that," etc., etc. PC culture at its worst encourages people to blindly follow things because that's what is 'correct', which sidesteps questioning, something I can never get behind. Things are not just 'how they are', they are always complex and multifaceted, and we need to explore these things. If someone says, "Why should women be equal?" as an honest question, they deserve a rational answer that can help them understand why we need equality, not just the usual "omg I cannot believe you just said that!!"

Ultimately my feelings on it are that we have to use PC culture carefully and grow with it, not just cast it aside, as it is a young practice with plenty of benefits, if we are able to iron out the more unsavoury kinks of it. Any belief system rooted in equality and general kindness cannot be all bad. Then again, seeing how Christianity turned out, I don't know...

Time-Immemorial
Who cares?

Flyattractor
Oh Ohhh NOT ME!

Time-Immemorial
We all been played anyways

Surtur
Clearly the idea of 'rape culture' has not arisen out of nowhere, so where has it come from? I've seen a number of instances of rapists being let off easy or not punished at all, so personally I can see why someone vulnerable to rape would be worried by that.

It came from lies. Like this "1 in 5 women will be sexually assaulted" study even the president has cited. What they don't say is in that study the definition of "sexual assault" ranged anywhere from an unwanted kiss to just drunken sex. No not raping someone while drunk, just flat out drunk sex was counted. THAT is where that shit comes, that is how this shit hurts people. It makes them think there is a danger that there isn't. You can literally use the "I saw an instance of so and so getting off easy" for ANY crime. Are we in a murder culture? An identity theft culture? A car stealing culture? You get what I mean?

You're actually less likely to get raped on a college campus if you're a female than you are to get raped off a college campus. But you won't hear about that, why would you?

This then leads to lives destroyed. I've seen cases where women have lied about rape and gotten no punishment at all. Yet I'm not saying we live in a "lie about rape" culture because I'm not insane.

Time-Immemorial
https://s31.postimg.org/bfzasoy7r/played.jpg

Surtur
That is the thing though, someone being annoying by being anti PC is..well okay, it annoys you. But someone using a PC agenda to spread lies and make people feel less safe? That does actual harm. Would you rather feel annoyed or be actually harmed? I know what I'd choose, I know what any sane person would choose.

Time-Immemorial
Its really does not matter anymore. Everyone has been played.

Surtur
It does matter because talking about it is acknowledging that we are getting played.

Time-Immemorial
Thats my point. But its never going to change peoples mind. The fix was in a long time ago.

Just watch Waters World asking people on the street if they know simple basic questions about our country.

No one knows shit about anything anymore. 10 people on this board might be awake. Other then that, its party lines and indoctrination of the publicly educated.

Surtur
You sound like you're ready to give up.

Time-Immemorial
Ill be in Cleveland Wednesday. Trump is the only one who can fix the shit show known as America Obama turned us into.

socool8520
I think it's more that people think they know shit about everything these days. nobody ever told them that sometimes, their thoughts are stupid and don't merit acknowledgement. All that no child left behind stuff that's done the wrong way making everyone feel entitled to everything.

Scribble
It came from lies. Like this "1 in 5 women will be sexually assaulted" study even the president has cited. What they don't say is in that study the definition of "sexual assault" ranged anywhere from an unwanted kiss to just drunken sex. No not raping someone while drunk, just flat out drunk sex was counted. THAT is where that shit comes, that is how this shit hurts people. It makes them think there is a danger that there isn't. You can literally use the "I saw an instance of so and so getting off easy" for ANY crime. Are we in a murder culture? An identity theft culture? A car stealing culture? You get what I mean?

You're actually less likely to get raped on a college campus if you're a female than you are to get raped off a college campus. But you won't hear about that, why would you?

This then leads to lives destroyed. I've seen cases where women have lied about rape and gotten no punishment at all. Yet I'm not saying we live in a "lie about rape" culture because I'm not insane. Well, I'd more blame a media that thrives off of badly-construed statistics for all of that. In his own way, Time makes a point when he says we're all being played: play the PC against the anti-PC and take the spotlight away from the corrupt system that is systematically screwing us all every day (and no, Trump isn't going to do anything to fix that, imo). Don't be annoyed at single people taking on the cause of political correctness, be annoyed at the system that has got us to this point. I feel that you generally come from an alright place, but you direct your malcontent towards the wrong aspects of culture.
It does matter because talking about it is acknowledging that we are getting played. This is a good stance and one that I personally agree heavily with.

I don't really know what else to say on this topic; I don't know anyone whose life has been ruined by PC culture because it isn't as prevalent in the UK, so I'm not able to pass judgment clearly on the situation in America or elsewhere.

Adam_PoE

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud

Scribble
I don't see the humour, Adam PoE made some pretty spot-on points there.

Surtur
He makes a good point and if PC stuff was only used to try to fight racism like in his example that would be one thing, but not every case is so cut and dry like that.

It's like a fire hose, you can use it to save people and put out a fire, or you can use it to knock people the f*ck over.

The media does indeed play a key part. Sort of like if a cop kills a black guy, the race of the guy will be mentioned in the headline, but obviously you won't ever see "Cop shoots unarmed white man" as a headline, it would just read "Cop shoots unarmed man".

riv6672
...obviously you won't ever see "Cop shoots unarmed white man" as a headline, it would just read "Cop shoots unarmed man".

http://www.westernjournalism.com/uh-oh-black-police-officer-shoots-unarmed-white-man-wheres-riot/

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/27/white-teen-gilbert-collar-killed-by-black-cop-trev/

https://www.mrconservative.com/2014/08/48057-black-officer-shoots-white-man-no-media-outrage/

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/18965-black-cop-kills-unarmed-white-youth-media-and-feds-silent

Surtur
You realize literally every single one of those are articles talking about the exact same thing I was, right?

riv6672

Time-Immemorial
I don't see the humour, Adam PoE made some pretty spot-on points there.

That's to bad

Time-Immemorial
You realize literally every single one of those are articles talking about the exact same thing I was, right?

You do realize Riv is a troll right? Arguing with him is as pointless as talking to dirt.

Surtur
I see, well yeah..my point still stands about the meida.

riv6672
Dawg!!! You said race wouldnt be an issue if a white man was shot, Dawg!!! You were mistaken, Dawg!!! So i provided some links, Dawg!!! that show the media will play any race against any other as long as it makes headlines Dawg!!!

laughing laughing laughing

Time-Immemorial
Surtur meet the real Rivthumb up
Dawg!!! You said race wouldnt be an issue if a white man was shot, Dawg!!! You were mistaken, Dawg!!! So i provided some links, Dawg!!! that show the media will play any race against any other as long as it makes headlines Dawg!!!

Surtur

But I wasn't mistaken. All of your links were about the hypocrisy of not getting upset over white shootings.

What I was talking about was just a normal story that reads "cop shoots unarmed white man". A story like that without any kind of political agenda behind, etc. just doesn't happen often. While whenever the person is black race needs to be mentioned.

I also don't know why you keep using the word dawg, did that offend you that I used that word?

Time-Immemorial
Dude why do you even bother? If you ignore the troll, he will go away.

riv6672
But I wasn't mistaken. All of your links were about the hypocrisy of not getting upset over white shootings.

What I was talking about was just a normal story that reads "cop shoots unarmed white man". A story like that without any kind of political agenda behind, etc. just doesn't happen often. While whenever the person is black race needs to be mentioned.

I also don't know why you keep using the word dawg, did that offend you that I used that word?
Dawg!!! I just went by what you posted: "you wont ever see cop shoots unarmed white man". Yes you will, Dawg!!!
I'll let you get on with your day now, Dawg!!! I'll check in later, see if i can provide you more useful links, Dawg!!! laughing laughing laughing

Surtur
Dawg!!! I just went by what you posted: "you wont ever see cop shoots unarmed white man". Yes you will, Dawg!!!
I'll let you get on with your day now, Dawg!!! I'll check in later, see if i can provide you more useful links, Dawg!!! laughing laughing laughing

Did you get hacked or something? I have explained to you what I meant now and you continue to ignore while shouting the word dawg.

Time-Immemorial
Facepalm

Surtur
I've just never seen him freak out THAT badly. Especially over something like the word "dawg".

Time-Immemorial
Dude, it's Riv..

riv6672
I've just never seen him freak out THAT badly. Especially over something like the word "dawg".
Dawg!!! If you need more help understanding your own posts, just let me know. I got your back, dawg!!!
This was barely worth checking in on. stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

Time-Immemorial
It must suck to be a little whiny bitchmade like yourself.

Flyattractor
Woof Woof

Surtur
Dawg!!! If you need more help understanding your own posts, just let me know. I got your back, dawg!!!
This was barely worth checking in on. stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

But actually you are the one who needs help understanding because the links you provided didn't disprove anything. They were ALL essentially "White guy is shot by cops why does nobody care?".

You probably could of at least found some similar examples without that specific agenda but for some reason you quite literally made sure every example you gave was that.

riv6672
The funny part is, you dont get the irony in the fact that the stories, by their existence, are disproving their own point, and yours.

Done and done Dawg!!!, and i suggest you watch some Carlin bits later.

Surtur
But again..it doesn't prove their own point. They aren't saying they want people almost DARING people to get upset because it's a white person. On top of that there is a difference between saying "White person shot: where is the outrage" and having just a normal article where you just happen to mention the race in the title.

Do you or do you not understand this distinction? If I said there weren't any articles where people complain about how white shootings aren't talked about THEN your examples would of been good.

Time-Immemorial
But again..it doesn't prove their own point. They aren't saying they want people almost DARING people to get upset because it's a white person. On top of that there is a difference between saying "White person shot: where is the outrage" and having just a normal article where you just happen to mention the race in the title.

Do you or do you not understand this distinction? If I said there weren't any articles where people complain about how white shootings aren't talked about THEN your examples would of been good.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/54751552.jpg

AsbestosFlaygon
I lost a few brain cells reading this thread.

Surtur
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I lost a few brain cells reading this thread.

You can also lose brain cells from asbestos I'd imagine. Coincidence?! I'm onto you.

Time-Immemorial
You can also lose brain cells from talking to Riv.

Surtur
I just think he had some kind of meltdown triggered by the word "dawg".

Time-Immemorial
He had a similar meltdown when I called him a troll.

riv6672
... If I said there weren't any articles where people complain about how white shootings aren't talked about THEN your examples would of been good.
Dawg!!! You said "you wont ever see cop shoots unarmed white man".
But we see it.
You arent only a dawg!!!
You're a dumb dawg.
AND you seem to have lost your SOH.
Top of the page is a good time to stop making you look stupid(er).

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/bye/saying-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon.gif

Surtur
Dawg!!! You said "you wont ever see cop shoots unarmed white man".
But we see it.
You arent only a dawg!!!
You're a dumb dawg.
AND you seem to have lost your SOH.
Top of the page is a good time to stop making you look stupid(er).

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/bye/saying-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon.gif

I've explained to you the context of what I meant multiple times. You also say I've lost my sense of humor, but you do it after insulting me. Also saying I've lost my sense of humor to me implies you are saying you are joking. Which is what I thought at first, but then you kept at it. You seem truly fixated on my usage of the word "dawg".

Time-Immemorial
You broke Rivlaughing out loud

He can't let it go.

cdtm
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
https://s31.postimg.org/bfzasoy7r/played.jpg

Wouldn't military higher then media? Seeing they release the press releases and approve/deny access to coverage, national security issues, ect?

Depending on whether you like tin foil hats or rabbit holes, you could even argue the FBI/CIA/other security branches are above even civil Government, with all the cloak and dagger shite we know about, let alone what we imagine they do..

Stigma
Interesting perspective:

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/12/political_correctness_more_deadly_than_isis.html

Political Correctness More Deadly than ISIS

Surtur
I think PC represents a different kind of threat to America. It's not necessarily a physical threat. Rather just a threat to common sense. Like for example the whole calling something Islamic terrorism. We have no real reason not to call it Islamic terrorism if that is what it is. It's not fair to say that it shouldn't be called that because it offends all muslims, even the ones who aren't extremists..while at the same time being so quick to name a thing when it's police brutality. You don't see people asking you to call police brutality by another name because it's offensive to even the good cops.

Being PC used to be mostly just about not being overtly rude to people. But now it also caters to people who unable to accept the harsh truths of the world. We have to shelter them from the truth because it might hurt their feelings.

Also you know how you can't have Confederate flags and shit on government buildings or whatever anymore? Yeah, but you can apparently have a BLM banner on your town hall. I forget which city, but there is a city that did that.

Oh and speaking of the flag, did anyone hear about the recent police sergeant who was fired because she had a confederate flag hanging up on her house? To be specific: she had her police car parked in her driveway, but it's not like she had a Conferdate flag on her police car. She just has one on her house. Someone in the neighborhood complained so she took it down and then was fired.

Stigma
I think PC represents a different kind of threat to America. It's not necessarily a physical threat. Rather just a threat to common sense. Like for example the whole calling something Islamic terrorism. We have no real reason not to call it Islamic terrorism if that is what it is. It's not fair to say that it shouldn't be called that because it offends all muslims, even the ones who aren't extremists..while at the same time being so quick to name a thing when it's police brutality. You don't see people asking you to call police brutality by another name because it's offensive to even the good cops.

Being PC used to be mostly just about not being overtly rude to people. But now it also caters to people who unable to accept the harsh truths of the world. We have to shelter them from the truth because it might hurt their feelings.

Also you know how you can't have Confederate flags and shit on government buildings or whatever anymore? Yeah, but you can apparently have a BLM banner on your town hall. I forget which city, but there is a city that did that.
Agreed.

Oh and speaking of the flag, did anyone hear about the recent police sergeant who was fired because she had a confederate flag hanging up on her house? To be specific: she had her police car parked in her driveway, but it's not like she had a Conferdate flag on her police car. She just has one on her house. Someone in the neighborhood complained so she took it down and then was fired.
That is just surreal. Wow.

Surtur
Yeah, now to be fair the cop did do something stupid. Or rather she said something stupid, she said she wasn't aware the flag was offensive until this incident. So that was a silly thing to say. But still..when the big thing about getting rid of the confederate flag was people saying "oh you can still put your flag on private property" and all that, which is exactly what this women did.

If I were the cop I'd sue. So now we have political correctness potentially costing a city millions of dollars.

Stuff like this is just the beginning.

Stigma

If I were the cop I'd sue. So now we have political correctness potentially costing a city millions of dollars.
I don't think that'd work tbh, given that some officials are buying into the PC. They'd just discard complains on that issue and move on to implement more strict PC.

Surtur
This is the kind of harm SJW's can do:

ZEtnAYbfFMU

ArtificialGlory
This is the kind of harm SJW's can do:

ZEtnAYbfFMU
This sorry excuse for a judge is batshit insane. But hey, always remember: SJWs aren't doing any actual harm. Listen and believe, listen and believe...

Surtur
Now picture an entire generation of people like him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.